What a rant. Look, the idiocy of idiot lefties is easily scorned and I'm fine with that – you do a nice job. But instead of eating energy with cheap shot political point scoring in your own form of post-modernism (my enemy believes x so I shall believe y) cann we maybe stick with the science, if it say we got a big problem – I think it does – focus on how we solve it instead of these brain dead ideological polarising rants from either side of politics ?? Please!!
Comment by Evan Thornley — November 18, 2013 @ 10:17 PM
Comment by Evan Thornley — November 18, 2013 @ 10:27 PM
Daniel Greenfield is evidently unaware of some important realities with regard to climate change:
• Science academies worldwide and about 97% of climate scientists believe that climate change is happening, is largely caused by human activities, and poses a great danger to the world;
• Many climate experts believe that the world is very close to a climate tipping point, when climate change will spin out of control with disastrous consequences, unless major changes are soon made;
• . The warmest 12 years worldwide since temperature records have been kept occurred since 1998. Every decade has been warmer than the previous decade since the 1970s. The warmest year in the contiguous US was 2012.
• Glaciers all over the world and polar ice caps are melting at alarmingly rapid rates.
• There has ben a recent increase in the number and severity of heat waves, droughts, wildfires, storms, and floods.
• In June 2013 the level of atmospheric CO2 reached 400 parts per million (ppm), the highest value according to climatologists in human history. This is very serious because climate experts feel that values above 350 ppm of CO2 put the world in great danger of severe climate disruptions. Making the dangers even greater is that the CO2 levels are currently increasing by 2-3 ppm per year.
• While climate experts feel that an increase of even 2 degrees Celsius would be disastrous, the world is currently on track for a possible increase of four or more degrees Celsius unless major changes soon occur.
• Military and strategic experts are arguing that climate change will increase instability, terrorism, and war, as millions of hungry, thirsty, desperate refugees flee severedroughts, wildfires, storms, and floods.
The Jewish Press can perform a great kiddush Hashem (sanctification of God's Name) by playing a leading role in increasing awareness of climate threats, helping to shift our imperiled planet onto a sustainable path.
Again I am struck by your arrogance. Your characterizations are far off the mark, and not particularly clever, either. The overwhelming evidence on climate change has convinced me, not my faith in infallible science.
Very well written -and sums it up with the Gore -U.N. delusions to blame industry and the West for all the woes.Next will be a message to Mo. from Allah that cannot be touched or discussed—Sometimes i wonder if we are moving forward or much more Backwards in our Human Endevers and Consciousness. Thank YOU.
Three straw men before lunch? Perhaps you could address the scientific consensus that human activities are causing global climate change, which is only tangentially related to extreme weather events. Pointing out a logical fallacy by theists such as yourself does not negate the science, thankfully, or we'd have none.
Comment by Ted Michelini — November 19, 2013 @ 8:27 PM