November 27, 2014 / 5 Kislev, 5775
IDC Herzliya Campus A Day on Campus

To mark IDC Herzliya’s 20th anniversary, we spent a day following Prof. Uriel Reichman, IDC’s founder and president, and Jonathan Davis, VP for External Relations, around its delightful campus.

I’m Not Such a Bad Guy After All!

The novel, Tevye in the Promised Land, won the Israel Ministry of Education Award for Creativity and Jewish Culture.
Tevye in the Promised Land

Photo Credit: Yori Yanover

You see, I’m not such a bad guy after all!

About the Author: Tzvi Fishman was awarded the Israel Ministry of Education Prize for Creativity and Jewish Culture for his novel "Tevye in the Promised Land." For the past several years, he has written a popular and controversial blog at Arutz 7. A wide selection of his books are available at Amazon. The views expressed in this blog are solely those of the author and do not represent the views of The Jewish Press

8 Responses to “I’m Not Such a Bad Guy After All!”

1. Mazel Tov on your writing.

2. Judy Goldman says:

The novel was funny, poignant and a joy to read! One of the best features is the way you were able to describe a whole dispute about Zionism, Judaism, ideas and ideals within the Jewish community back in the early 20th century just by a lively conversation among those who met in Russia along the road to — wherever. I have recommended this book to everyone I know!

3. Grace Acosta says:

I stayed up half the night reading from chapter 1 to now. Amazing work! You really capture the character of Tevye, and I can just see him going "On the other hand…" G-d willing I will have such divine assistance and strength to make the journey myself some day soon.

4. Tzvi Fishman says:

Thank you for your kind and encouraging feedback!

5. Tzvi Fishman says:

Thanks for spreading the word about the fantastic and heroic story of how we returned to out cherished homeland.

6. Tzvi Fishman says:

Thank you for your blessing!

7. Liad Bar-el says:

When I bought Tevye in The Promised Land, I wondered how am I going to finish this 569 page book when I haven't read a novel like this in a very long time? As I started reading one page, one chapter after chapter and started getting more interested by the page/chapter and putting in stickers to lessons that I really wanted to remember, before I realized where my time was going, I finished the book and loaded it with many stickers. Reading Tevye in The Promised Land was probably one of my most exciting and thrilling ways to learn Torah. Thank you Tzvi Fishman for sharing your love of HaShem with your talent in writing in love for your fellow Jew.

8. Tzvi Fishman says:

Thank you Liad. I only wish all of our brothers and sisters would find time to read a few chapters and also print them out for their children. Today we take the good life in Israel for granted, but the building of this country with the blood, sweat, and tears of the early pioneers is one of the greatest sagas of history.

Tzvi Fishman, author of the Jewish Press blog Felafel on Rye and author of more than a dozen books.
Betar soccer fans pour out on the field at Jerusalem's Teddy Stadium, where Hamas planned to carry out a mass-casualty attack.
Hamas Planned Massive Attack at Teddy Soccer Stadium in Jerusalem
Ferguson, Missouri: rioting against racism, encouraging murder

The malicious manipulation of frustrated fury is surely as egregious as merely perceived racism.

About 7 in 10 Americans view Israel favorably – making Israel the only positively viewed Middle East country. But the younger Americans get, the more they like some Arab countries.

Undoubtedly, once he’s “former president Obama” he’ll join anti-Israel Jimmy Carter against Israel.

train track grafitti

The silly people on the left have created a new campaign to try and force the rest of the country to capitulate to their suicidal fantasies, this time by riding trains and imposing themselves onto other people’s conferences.

Doug Goldstein

Find out how to set goals and take better care of your finances.

As events over the last couple of weeks amply demonstrate, the status quo isn’t working out either

Australian Ambassador to Israel ran to the hospital in J’m to visit the wounded and to donate blood

Those celebrating violence with “No Justice No Peace” signs are opposed to both justice and peace.

Pop quiz: The shortest book ever written? “Palestinian History and Positive Contributions” text book

We are the continuing generations from our Father Avraham who was given this Land by our L-rd.

When a country supports ($) the PA or Gaza or “recognizes,” “Palestine,” they promoting terrorism.

There is no question whatsoever that Odeh was behind the fatal bombing of a SuperSol market in 1969

As we Jews returned to the Holy Land and prayed at our holy sites, forces fighting holiness came too

Channel 10 TV published on Sunday a poll they commissioned asking Israeli Arabs a rather straightforward but important question:

Today”s discussion: “The effects of current geopolitical situation around the world on investing.”

According to PM Netanyahu, the bill would enshrine full equality under law to all Israeli citizens.

Master Sergeant Zidan Saif (Zt”L) a Druze from the Galilee, was shot and killed saving Jewish lives.