August 29, 2015 / 14 Elul, 5775

I’m Not Such a Bad Guy After All!

The novel, Tevye in the Promised Land, won the Israel Ministry of Education Award for Creativity and Jewish Culture.
Tevye in the Promised Land

Photo Credit: Yori Yanover

You see, I’m not such a bad guy after all!

About the Author: Tzvi Fishman was awarded the Israel Ministry of Education Prize for Creativity and Jewish Culture for his novel "Tevye in the Promised Land." A wide selection of his books are available at Amazon.

The author's opinion does not necessarily reflect the opinion of The Jewish Press.

8 Responses to “I’m Not Such a Bad Guy After All!”

1. Mazel Tov on your writing.

2. Judy Goldman says:

The novel was funny, poignant and a joy to read! One of the best features is the way you were able to describe a whole dispute about Zionism, Judaism, ideas and ideals within the Jewish community back in the early 20th century just by a lively conversation among those who met in Russia along the road to — wherever. I have recommended this book to everyone I know!

3. Grace Acosta says:

I stayed up half the night reading from chapter 1 to now. Amazing work! You really capture the character of Tevye, and I can just see him going "On the other hand…" G-d willing I will have such divine assistance and strength to make the journey myself some day soon.

4. Tzvi Fishman says:

Thank you for your kind and encouraging feedback!

5. Tzvi Fishman says:

Thanks for spreading the word about the fantastic and heroic story of how we returned to out cherished homeland.

6. Tzvi Fishman says:

Thank you for your blessing!

7. Liad Bar-el says:

When I bought Tevye in The Promised Land, I wondered how am I going to finish this 569 page book when I haven't read a novel like this in a very long time? As I started reading one page, one chapter after chapter and started getting more interested by the page/chapter and putting in stickers to lessons that I really wanted to remember, before I realized where my time was going, I finished the book and loaded it with many stickers. Reading Tevye in The Promised Land was probably one of my most exciting and thrilling ways to learn Torah. Thank you Tzvi Fishman for sharing your love of HaShem with your talent in writing in love for your fellow Jew.

8. Tzvi Fishman says:

Thank you Liad. I only wish all of our brothers and sisters would find time to read a few chapters and also print them out for their children. Today we take the good life in Israel for granted, but the building of this country with the blood, sweat, and tears of the early pioneers is one of the greatest sagas of history.

Tzvi Fishman, author of the Jewish Press blog Felafel on Rye and author of more than a dozen books.
Former Arkansas Governor and current presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee in Jerusalem.
Official PA Media Calls Huckabee ‘Inane Creature’ and ‘Wicked Man’
haredim-no-women-allowed-sign

The Halacha of shmirat einayim (guarding one’s eyes) is incumbent on the MAN; it’s his obligation

Doug Goldstein

Dem. presidential candidate Doug Shreffler talks about his campaign & its motto “as good as it gets”

Jewish Press Blogger, Jordana Brown

I’ve decided to move away from my safety net-and I wouldn’t change that decision for anything.

Was “Jerusalem” the song Matisyahu planned to perform? It was the PERFECT response to BDS campaign

If the world’s winds of hatred bring Jews to Israel we are ready, joyfully offering them a home here

At what age should the realization start setting in for kids that we live in an uncertain society?

Spain’s SeaWorld canceled Zionist-spy dolphin’s performance unless it supports a Palestinian state

How does the Iranian deal affect anti-terrorist legislation adopted by a number of US states?

Shabbat afternoon soccer games, a tradition in Israel’s league, may become a thing of the past.

Calling the Jewish Press‘closest thing to a frum English-language weekly’ insults the publication

So long as Jews dance for the sheer pleasure of thanking God, Israel will never be defeated!

Why are wealthy people less likely to gossip? So if you get rich you’ll cut down on Lashon Hora!

Matisyahu was bounced from a music festival because he wouldn’t sign pro-BDS, anti-Israel manifesto.

Danon is still young, perhaps one day he’ll succeed Bibi. Representing Israel in UN is good training

I think it has been a major tactical mistake for Israel to consider Iran a particularly Israeli problem. And it is of crucial importance for Israel and Israelis to stop thinking that we have any influence on international leaders when it comes to anything, including international policy re: Iran. That’s why I think that Yair […]

More Articles from Tzvi Fishman
Jonathan Pollard.

Jonathan remember, as long as you’re denied your right to come home to Israel you’re still in prison

011-OT-Maps-Israel-Tribes

One must view the settlement of Israel in a positive light. Thinking otherwise is a grievous sin.

Detention Camps for US Jews? Sounds farfetched but it did to Japanese-Americans during WW II as well

Torah wasn’t given to be kept in Sinai; Brooklyn or Beverly Hills-It was meant to be kept in Israel!

Rebbe Nachman’s stories awaken the sleeping; our film of his stories has the power to wake the world

Going to Mt of Olives cemetery was like visiting Jurassic Park in a jeep with dinosaurs rampaging

To boost aliya, Israel will encourage Marshall’s, Costco, K Mart & Entenmann’s Bakeries to open here

Of course there’s air in America, but it isn’t the holy air of Eretz Yisrael.

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/blogs/felafel-on-rye/im-not-such-a-bad-guy-after-all/2013/01/17/