March 29, 2015 / 9 Nisan, 5775

I’m Not Such a Bad Guy After All!

The novel, Tevye in the Promised Land, won the Israel Ministry of Education Award for Creativity and Jewish Culture.
Tevye in the Promised Land

Photo Credit: Yori Yanover

You see, I’m not such a bad guy after all!

About the Author: Tzvi Fishman was awarded the Israel Ministry of Education Prize for Creativity and Jewish Culture for his novel "Tevye in the Promised Land." For the past several years, he has written a popular and controversial blog at Arutz 7. A wide selection of his books are available at Amazon. The views expressed in this blog are solely those of the author and do not represent the views of The Jewish Press

8 Responses to “I’m Not Such a Bad Guy After All!”

1. Mazel Tov on your writing.

2. Judy Goldman says:

The novel was funny, poignant and a joy to read! One of the best features is the way you were able to describe a whole dispute about Zionism, Judaism, ideas and ideals within the Jewish community back in the early 20th century just by a lively conversation among those who met in Russia along the road to — wherever. I have recommended this book to everyone I know!

3. Grace Acosta says:

I stayed up half the night reading from chapter 1 to now. Amazing work! You really capture the character of Tevye, and I can just see him going "On the other hand…" G-d willing I will have such divine assistance and strength to make the journey myself some day soon.

4. Tzvi Fishman says:

Thank you for your kind and encouraging feedback!

5. Tzvi Fishman says:

Thanks for spreading the word about the fantastic and heroic story of how we returned to out cherished homeland.

6. Tzvi Fishman says:

Thank you for your blessing!

7. Liad Bar-el says:

When I bought Tevye in The Promised Land, I wondered how am I going to finish this 569 page book when I haven't read a novel like this in a very long time? As I started reading one page, one chapter after chapter and started getting more interested by the page/chapter and putting in stickers to lessons that I really wanted to remember, before I realized where my time was going, I finished the book and loaded it with many stickers. Reading Tevye in The Promised Land was probably one of my most exciting and thrilling ways to learn Torah. Thank you Tzvi Fishman for sharing your love of HaShem with your talent in writing in love for your fellow Jew.

8. Tzvi Fishman says:

Thank you Liad. I only wish all of our brothers and sisters would find time to read a few chapters and also print them out for their children. Today we take the good life in Israel for granted, but the building of this country with the blood, sweat, and tears of the early pioneers is one of the greatest sagas of history.

Tzvi Fishman, author of the Jewish Press blog Felafel on Rye and author of more than a dozen books.
PLO / PA / Fatah leader Mahmoud Abbas.
PA Back Down on ICC in Exchange for Frozen Tax Revenue
MK Haneen Zoabi being ejected from the Knesset Floor in July 2011. She flew into an uncontrollable rage while the Prime Minister was speaking.

It is perfectly understandable how someone who has no background in Israeli politics could mistake Bibi’s speech as racist…

Moshe Gafni

Israel’s Charedi world is in financial crisis. If the trend worsens it may be their breaking point.

Doug Goldstein

Why do you need to file an FBAR if you’re a US citizen abroad? What happens if you don’t?

heartflag.jpg

Jews caring for one another, that is how I would explain Israel to someone.

As Iran becomes the North Korea of the Middle East, Nasrallah doesn’t understand where all his friends went.

I pray each member of Knesset will represent the interests of the State of Israel & ALL its citizens

At no time did Kahlon say that he preferred to see Bibi in another term as PM-I don’t trust him!

“Israel has nuclear weapons & it isn’t afraid to use them if necessary-Does that frighten you? Good”

American Jews think they know what’s best for Israel-better than Israelis. Here’s my take…

An old Arab man yelled at me “You’re stupid!” I returned the compliment; He had murder in his eyes.

Why do people feel the need to check their email 50X a day, constantly dipping in & out of Facebook?

Betar is the world-wide Zionist youth movement that refuses to be silent, and as our founder Ze’ev Jabotinsky wrote: “Silence is despicable.”

Life in Europe’s pre-War Yeshiva world makes today’s rulings look like the Taliban has taken over.

Moshe’s the 1st family member in thousands of years to have the honor of serving in a Jewish army

Often wig wearers become more attractive after marriage. Doesn’t this turn the intent on its head?

US official interference in Israel’s Elections is not only immoral but may be illegal under US law.