November 24, 2014 / 2 Kislev, 5775
IDC Herzliya Campus A Day on Campus

To mark IDC Herzliya’s 20th anniversary, we spent a day following Prof. Uriel Reichman, IDC’s founder and president, and Jonathan Davis, VP for External Relations, around its delightful campus.

I’m Not Such a Bad Guy After All!

The novel, Tevye in the Promised Land, won the Israel Ministry of Education Award for Creativity and Jewish Culture.
Tevye in the Promised Land

Photo Credit: Yori Yanover

You see, I’m not such a bad guy after all!

About the Author: Tzvi Fishman was awarded the Israel Ministry of Education Prize for Creativity and Jewish Culture for his novel "Tevye in the Promised Land." For the past several years, he has written a popular and controversial blog at Arutz 7. A wide selection of his books are available at Amazon. The views expressed in this blog are solely those of the author and do not represent the views of The Jewish Press

8 Responses to “I’m Not Such a Bad Guy After All!”

1. Mazel Tov on your writing.

2. Judy Goldman says:

The novel was funny, poignant and a joy to read! One of the best features is the way you were able to describe a whole dispute about Zionism, Judaism, ideas and ideals within the Jewish community back in the early 20th century just by a lively conversation among those who met in Russia along the road to — wherever. I have recommended this book to everyone I know!

3. Grace Acosta says:

I stayed up half the night reading from chapter 1 to now. Amazing work! You really capture the character of Tevye, and I can just see him going "On the other hand…" G-d willing I will have such divine assistance and strength to make the journey myself some day soon.

4. Tzvi Fishman says:

Thank you for your kind and encouraging feedback!

5. Tzvi Fishman says:

Thanks for spreading the word about the fantastic and heroic story of how we returned to out cherished homeland.

6. Tzvi Fishman says:

Thank you for your blessing!

7. Liad Bar-el says:

When I bought Tevye in The Promised Land, I wondered how am I going to finish this 569 page book when I haven't read a novel like this in a very long time? As I started reading one page, one chapter after chapter and started getting more interested by the page/chapter and putting in stickers to lessons that I really wanted to remember, before I realized where my time was going, I finished the book and loaded it with many stickers. Reading Tevye in The Promised Land was probably one of my most exciting and thrilling ways to learn Torah. Thank you Tzvi Fishman for sharing your love of HaShem with your talent in writing in love for your fellow Jew.

8. Tzvi Fishman says:

Thank you Liad. I only wish all of our brothers and sisters would find time to read a few chapters and also print them out for their children. Today we take the good life in Israel for granted, but the building of this country with the blood, sweat, and tears of the early pioneers is one of the greatest sagas of history.

Tzvi Fishman, author of the Jewish Press blog Felafel on Rye and author of more than a dozen books.
Talks, talks and talks a between p5+1 and Iran.
Kerry Ready for another ‘Framework’ to Let Iran Off the Hook
rachel's tomb

As we Jews returned to the Holy Land and prayed at our holy sites, forces fighting holiness came too

Channel 10 Poll on Arab Rule

Channel 10 TV published on Sunday a poll they commissioned asking Israeli Arabs a rather straightforward but important question:

Doug Goldstein

Today”s discussion: “The effects of current geopolitical situation around the world on investing.”

jerusalem_flag

According to PM Netanyahu, the bill would enshrine full equality under law to all Israeli citizens.

Master Sergeant Zidan Saif (Zt”L) a Druze from the Galilee, was shot and killed saving Jewish lives.

President Rivlin’s recent statements are only half right, and that’s why he’s completely wrong.

This is our song “Learn to Love;” May joy and light be restored to Jerusalem speedily in our days.

I have a dream…President Obama will go to that prison, Pardon Jonathan Pollard and set him free

The burden of proof that a person is against Israel but not anti-Semitic rests on that person.

Bibi’s promising a good battle, not a victory in the war; We need to WIN the war against terrorism!

For 1000s of years it was perfectly OK for Jews to pray on Herod’s Extension of the Temple Mount.

The focus on the “Occupation” since 1967 is yet another invention to justify hatred and murder.

It should be clear Israel’s existence is not the real issue; the issue is Islamic fundamentalism.

But I am not afraid.I know this is Jewish land, not because of UN/foreign gov’ts saying we can exist

A grassroots initiative of hundreds of Chareidim from Har Nof is underway to attend the funeral of Zidan Saif and to pay their respects to the fallen policeman and to the Druze community in the village of Yanuch-Jat in Northern Israel.

Discover the world of NY high society and its intrigue.