I pen my Blog with an anguished heart, a confused mind, and a great sense of pain and empathy for our sisters and brothers in our glorious Sate of Israel. I have been speaking with dear friends in Israel and they tell me of the funerals of young soldiers they attend and of those young beautiful boys severely injured, fighting for their lives. הי״ד
Rabbi Yehudah Halevy wrote “לבי במזרח ואנכי בסוף. מערב
“Though my body is far removed from the Holy Land, though oceans and continents divide us, לבי my heart and soul is in the east, in Israel”
There are times when a person finds he is “distant” (physically) from someplace as we are with the State of Israel at this crucial time. However, we still maintain a closeness and proximity to the place we love and admire Artzeinu Hakidosha.
The beauty of a Jew is his relationship to other Jews and his involvement with Medinat Yisrael. We are convinced, more and more, as we see what is taking place throughout our world vis a vis their attitude to Israel and the Jewish People, in general, and that without our Jewish State we would be null and void. True, our Torah holds us together, but it is only our Jewish State that gives us a place of security and well being that we cannot find anyplace else.
To paraphrase the words of Moshe לא אוכל לבדי שאת
I hear the State of Israel saying to all of us לא אוכל לבדי , ‘Don’t leave us alone, empathize with us, and give us your assurance and encouragement to help us survive. Speak up for us to your Governments and to all people of influence that Israel needs to survive for the sake of all humanity.’
When the FAA prohibited flights to Ben Gurion airport, how proud I was when I saw Mayor Bloomberg stand up and show the world that he is flying to Israel, not on his private jet, but on EL AL Airlines. No one has the right to close an airport of a sovereign and Free State – Kol Hakovod Mayor Bloomberg. You are truly a righteous Jew and we pay homage to your dedication and commitment to The State of Israel.
Here me well world, Jews are here to stay , we will not be discarded to the heap of oblivion and as we survive we will do so in our own land and no one will take it from us and you better get used to this for we are eternal as our G-D is eternal.
I recall the story of Samuel Johnson who would spend a lot of time in the company of Oliver Goldsmith, the famous author. One day as Johnson was striding along the streets of London, with little Goldsmith alongside, trying hard to keep up with him, Johnson asked his friend “Goldie do you see that man across the street? I hate him.”
“But Johnson”, protested Goldsmith, “you don’t even know the man.”Rabbi Daniel Mehlman
About the Author:The author's opinion does not necessarily reflect the opinion of The Jewish Press.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- 300 Orthodox Rabbis Unite To Combat Child Sexual Abuse Epidemic
on August 29, 2016 12:22 AM
- Israel’s Wix Teams Up with New York Yankees in Sponsorship Deal
on August 29, 2016 12:12 AM
- Islam Karimov, Long-time Ruler of Uzbekistan, Hospitalized
on August 29, 2016 12:02 AM
- Swedish Zionist Federation Assembles Pro-Israel Rally
on August 28, 2016 10:53 PM
- Israeli Bus Attacked by Arab Terrorists in Central Region
on August 28, 2016 10:36 PM
- Palestinian Authority (Again) Rejects New Attempt at Final Status Talks
on August 28, 2016 10:19 PM
- New Smuggler Tunnel Detected, Under US-Mexican Border!!
on August 28, 2016 9:16 PM
- ‘Tent-In’ Protest Planned in Galilee Over Development Cutbacks
on August 28, 2016 7:38 PM
- Former Israeli Defense Minister Binyamin Fuad Ben-Eliezer Dies at Age 80
on August 28, 2016 7:22 PM
- Tehran Arrests Local IranDeal Negotiator as Spy
on August 28, 2016 5:48 PM
- Agriculture Minister: Israeli Farmers Will Export Cannabis in Two Years
on August 28, 2016 5:15 PM
- Border Guard Arrest Suspect Armed with Knife at Shuafat Check Post
on August 28, 2016 4:33 PM
- Oded Kobo’s, Roman Abramovich’s Shellanoo Planning TASE IPO
on August 28, 2016 2:15 PM
- 205 Experts Polled: Hamas, PLO Likely to Split October Municipal Elections
on August 28, 2016 1:25 PM
- Defense Witnesses in Hebron Shooting Trial Accuses Ya’alon of Meddling
on August 28, 2016 12:00 PM