Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at email@example.com.The author's opinion does not necessarily reflect the opinion of The Jewish Press.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- The Arab Spring of Anarchy Has Come to Israel
on October 9, 2015 4:57 PM
- Tsfat Chief Rabbi Eliyahu: Soldiers Who Let Captured Terrorists Live Must Be Prosecuted
on October 9, 2015 4:15 PM
- Waiting for Rockets as Gazans Reportedly Killed in Border Clashes with IDF
on October 9, 2015 4:03 PM
- Shanghai Magnet School Offering Hebrew, Language of the ‘Smart People’
on October 9, 2015 3:34 PM
- Terrorist Captured in Afula
on October 9, 2015 1:50 PM
- Israeli Startup Launching World’s First Privately-Funded Moon Landing
on October 9, 2015 1:15 PM
- Only 0.3% of Yearly Visitors to Temple Mount Are Jews
on October 9, 2015 1:04 PM
- Arab MK Zoabi Who Swore Allegiance to Jewish State: I Don’t Take Orders from Israel
on October 9, 2015 12:58 PM
- Terrorist Shot Dead after Stabbing Policeman in Kiryat Arba [video]
on October 9, 2015 12:53 PM
- Stabbing in Jerusalem
on October 9, 2015 12:16 PM
- Jerusalem Arabs Indicted for Plot to Bring Pipe Bombs to Temple Mount
on October 9, 2015 11:34 AM
- Russia and Israel Quietly Collaborating on Attacks in Syria
on October 9, 2015 11:06 AM
- Updated: Jewish Teen Stabs 4 Arab in Dimona “I thought they were terrorists”
on October 9, 2015 9:56 AM
- PM Netanyahu’s Statement on the Ongoing Arab Terrorism
on October 9, 2015 7:49 AM
- UK Wants EU to Speed Up Deportations as Winter Approaches
on October 9, 2015 2:38 AM