Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at email@example.com.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Iran’s Zarif Paints Iran as a Lamb, Israel as the Lion
on March 6, 2015 1:03 PM
- Shekel-Dollar Rate Hits Three-Year High at 4.01
on March 6, 2015 11:56 AM
- Bedouin City Backs United Arab List
on March 6, 2015 11:26 AM
- Update 11:00 AM: Police Shoot Terrorist in Jerusalem Terror Attack
on March 6, 2015 10:01 AM
- Purim in Pictures – Jerusalem and Maaleh Adumim
on March 6, 2015 9:36 AM
- PLO Votes for Suicide by Voting to Cut Security Ties with Israel
on March 6, 2015 8:34 AM
- Delta Plane Crash, Snowstorm Paralyze LaGuardia Airport in NYC
on March 6, 2015 6:29 AM
- Actor Harrison Ford ‘Lucky To Be Alive’ After Plane Crash
on March 6, 2015 4:32 AM
- ZAKA Rescued Body of Abandoned Jewish Soldier Who Died for Ukraine
on March 6, 2015 3:00 AM
- Fears Over US Iran Deal Trigger Mideast Nuclear Race, Saudi-South Korea Deal
on March 5, 2015 10:00 PM
- Terror Attack Foiled Near Yitzhar
on March 5, 2015 3:23 PM
- Number of Israeli Tourists to Germany Rises by 14 Percent
on March 5, 2015 12:01 PM
- Israeli-Made Chipset Could Extend Battery Life for Devices Using 4G Mobile Networks
on March 5, 2015 11:15 AM
- US Ambassador to South Korea Slashed by Activist
on March 5, 2015 11:07 AM
- Call It A Purim Miracle: Reports Say Ayatollah Khamenei In Critical Condition
on March 5, 2015 10:48 AM