Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Germany to Begin Supplying Kurds With Weapons to Fight Islamic State
on September 2, 2014 1:41 AM
- Did You Know September 1 is an Israeli National Holiday?
on September 2, 2014 1:02 AM
- SodaStream May Close Maaleh Adumim Factory
on September 1, 2014 11:41 PM
- Last Soldier Killed in Protective Edge Laid to Rest
on September 1, 2014 11:31 PM
- Arab Rock Throwing Attacks Wounds 3-Year-Old Girl
on September 1, 2014 11:22 PM
- The Real and Radical Legacy of Rabbi Shlomo Carlebach
on September 1, 2014 11:05 PM
- Hamas Propaganda Video Compares 9/11 with IDF Bombing of Gaza
on September 1, 2014 9:45 PM
- Israeli Children, Parents On Gaza Border Start New School Year with Mixed Feelings
on September 1, 2014 8:15 PM
- Monday Review: Intense Fighting Causes More Spillover Along Israel’s Border
on September 1, 2014 7:32 PM
- Israel’s Economy: Stunned But Still Strong
on September 1, 2014 7:27 PM
- UN Commander Says ‘Raise the White Flag’ as Syrian Rebels Take UN Peacekeepers Hostage, Attack Others
on September 1, 2014 6:33 PM
- Gasoline Prices Dropped at Midnight
on September 1, 2014 5:38 PM
- Gaza Belt Communities Fear Lack of Security, IDF Pullout
on September 1, 2014 4:33 PM
- Arab Rock Attacks on Israeli Drivers in Jerusalem, Gush Etzion
on September 1, 2014 3:57 PM
- Bennett Praises Govt Decision on Gush Etzion in Visit to Yeshiva Mekor Chaim
on September 1, 2014 3:15 PM