Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Prosecutor in Ferguson Case: ‘Witnesses Lied Under Oath’
on December 19, 2014 11:30 PM
- PA Arabs Clash with IDF Soldiers in Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria
on December 19, 2014 7:49 PM
- Rocket Fire Returns to Southern Israel – Again!
on December 19, 2014 7:10 PM
- Hamas on the Temple Mount
on December 19, 2014 2:37 PM
- Hezbollah Tries ‘Mossad Spy’ in Top Ranks
on December 19, 2014 12:53 PM
- Latest Election Poll
on December 19, 2014 12:52 PM
- ‘Powerful Coalition’ of ISIS, Al-Qaeda is Narrowly Averted
on December 19, 2014 12:16 PM
- Gluten-Free Army Rations for Combat Soldiers with Celiac Disease
on December 19, 2014 12:00 PM
- Teen Terrorist in Court for Wounding Baby
on December 19, 2014 11:05 AM
- Ashdod Mystery: Four Found Unconscious
on December 19, 2014 11:03 AM
- Liberman’s Secret Plan to be Crowned Prime Minister
on December 19, 2014 11:01 AM
- Hanukkah Miracle Brings ’770′ Stabbing Victim Home
on December 19, 2014 6:07 AM
- Road Terror Attack on Southern Israeli Bus
on December 19, 2014 5:37 AM
- UN General Assembly Votes to Refer N. Korea to ICC
on December 19, 2014 4:40 AM
- US Dept of Defense Trains Teachers in 3-D Printing
on December 19, 2014 3:48 AM