Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Arab Rioters Injure Tourists in Jerusalem’s Old City
on October 30, 2014 4:28 PM
- Islamic Jihad: Yehuda Glick ‘Got What He Deserved’
on October 30, 2014 4:03 PM
- Cartoonist Turns Tables on Ha’aretz Anti-Netanyahu Pic
on October 30, 2014 4:00 PM
- Condition Update: Rabbi Yehuda Glick Takes Turn for Worse
on October 30, 2014 3:51 PM
- Islamic Jihad Terrorist’s Father, Brother Arrested
on October 30, 2014 3:35 PM
- Who is Really Inciting the Terrorism?
on October 30, 2014 3:20 PM
- Arabs Strike Tourist With Rocks at Kotel
on October 30, 2014 2:29 PM
- Arabs Rioting Near Terrorist’s House
on October 30, 2014 2:17 PM
- China and Israel Sharing Market Opportunities
on October 30, 2014 2:03 PM
- Netanyahu Blames PA Chairman ‘Abu Mazen’ for Shooting of Temple Mount Activist
on October 30, 2014 1:07 PM
- Disability Rights Org Dismayed by Diss from US Administration
on October 30, 2014 12:37 PM
- Iran Reports Sabotage Attempt on Nuclear Heavy Water Tanks
on October 30, 2014 11:59 AM
- Earlier Than Expected, Sweden Recognizes ‘Palestine’
on October 30, 2014 11:04 AM
- Yehuda Glick Medical Update (11:00AM)
on October 30, 2014 11:03 AM
- Knesset Members on Glick Shooting: ‘Red Line Crossed’
on October 30, 2014 9:59 AM