Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at email@example.com.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Netanyahu Meets with House Armed Services Members
on August 28, 2014 11:49 PM
- Mashaal Vows Cease-Fire a Step to New ‘Resistance’ War against Israel
on August 28, 2014 11:00 PM
- ISIS Slaughters 450 Captured Syrian Soldiers Since Wednesday
on August 28, 2014 8:37 PM
- Update: Lakewood Confirms Sofer’s Body Was Found in Jerusalem Hills
on August 28, 2014 8:31 PM
- Comedian Joan Rivers in Critical Condition
on August 28, 2014 8:09 PM
- Run Away… Run Away… [photo]
on August 28, 2014 7:28 PM
- Echoing Cease-fire, Britain’s Jews and Muslims Call for Peace
on August 28, 2014 6:56 PM
- 27 Israelis Arrested for Drug & Weapons Trafficking, Helping Hezbollah
on August 28, 2014 6:38 PM
- Israeli Arabs Arrested for Lebanon Ties
on August 28, 2014 3:39 PM
- Erdoğan Sworn in as Turkish President
on August 28, 2014 3:26 PM
- IDF Fires Warning Shots Near Gaza Fence
on August 28, 2014 2:51 PM
- Shaath: US Pressured Israel to Drop Demilitarization Demand
on August 28, 2014 2:49 PM
- PLO Calls for War Crimes Investigations
on August 28, 2014 2:39 PM
- Is UNRWA Aiding Terrorism?
on August 28, 2014 1:27 PM
- Chabad Rabbi Remains with Trapped Jews as Ukraine Troops, Rebels, and Russians Fight for Mariupol
on August 28, 2014 12:43 PM