Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at email@example.com.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Terror Threat Puts Kabash on Sony’s NYC Film Release
on December 18, 2014 2:30 AM
- Harvard Boycotts SodaStream (Despite Company’s Surrender)
on December 18, 2014 2:16 AM
- Israel’s FM Liberman Declines Swedish Meeting Request Over PA Recognition
on December 18, 2014 1:35 AM
- US Re-Defines ‘Unilateral’ to Justify PA Burying the Oslo Accords
on December 17, 2014 10:16 PM
- ‘Freedom of Speech’ Under Abbas-led Palestinian Authority
on December 17, 2014 8:01 PM
- Alan Gross Freed From Cuban Jail
on December 17, 2014 5:32 PM
- Boy Arrested Trying to Recreate Chanukah on Temple Mount
on December 17, 2014 3:45 PM
- European Jewish Leaders: Court Decision on Hamas ‘Legitimizes Murder’
on December 17, 2014 2:04 PM
- Jeb Bush Uses Hanukkah And Christmas Greeting To Launch Presidential Bid
on December 17, 2014 1:21 PM
- Netanyahu Rejects EU Court’s ‘Technicality’ to Whitewash Hamas
on December 17, 2014 1:15 PM
- Fear and Loathing in the Palestinian Authority
on December 17, 2014 12:23 PM
- Haredi Israelis Get the Most Benefits and Are the Deepest in Debt
on December 17, 2014 12:16 PM
- EU Court ‘Temporarily’ Removes Hamas from List of Terrorist Groups
on December 17, 2014 11:41 AM
- Centuries before Hanukkah: Remains of 8,000-Year Old Olive Oil Found in Galilee
on December 17, 2014 10:57 AM
- Palestinian Authority Going to force Advance Goal of ‘State of Palestine’
on December 17, 2014 7:55 AM