Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.The author's opinion does not necessarily reflect the opinion of The Jewish Press.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Kerry’s Dramatic Statement: ‘No Agreement Yet’
on July 5, 2015 6:19 PM
- CNN Promotes Old City on Verge of Extinction Due to ‘Political Tension’
on July 5, 2015 5:20 PM
- Fast of 17th of Tammuz Is on the 18th of Tammuz
on July 5, 2015 3:29 PM
- Bennett and Netanyahu Clash over Rollback of Religious Reforms
on July 5, 2015 3:05 PM
- Report: Iran Deal Reached — on Sanctions Relief
on July 5, 2015 1:04 PM
- ISIS Prompts State of Emergency in Tunisia, Declaration of ‘War’ in Egypt
on July 5, 2015 12:29 PM
- Israel Arrests Six Terror Fugitives
on July 5, 2015 11:38 AM
- The New Peacemakers – ISIS and Iran
on July 5, 2015 11:29 AM
- Temple Mount Activist Rabbi Yehuda Glick Talks Peace in Turkey
on July 5, 2015 11:16 AM
- Yifat Shoham, Leumit Arad HMO Director, Passes
on July 5, 2015 10:27 AM
- Rioting Arabs Again Keep Visitors Off Temple Mount
on July 5, 2015 9:59 AM
- Western Officials Promoting ‘Breakthrough’ in Talks with Iran
on July 5, 2015 12:58 AM
- Pro-Israelis Outnumber London Neo-Nazis 20-1
on July 5, 2015 12:22 AM
- Islamic State Forces Teenagers to Execute Syrian Soldiers
on July 4, 2015 11:34 PM
- Hillary Clinton Says She Will Be Better Friend than Obama to Israel
on July 4, 2015 10:55 PM