Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at email@example.com.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Border Police Stop Terrorists at Tapuach Junction
on October 2, 2014 8:17 PM
- OU Rejects US Govt’s Criticism of Jews Buying Homes in Jerusalem
on October 2, 2014 6:58 PM
- 4 Women Survive Near Lynch on Mount of Olives
on October 2, 2014 4:36 PM
- Netanyahu-Obama Press Conference, Iran as Subtext [video]
on October 2, 2014 4:00 PM
- Arkansas Shooting Range Declares Itself Muslim-Free Zone’
on October 2, 2014 1:28 PM
- Barkat Says Housing Project in Jerusalem ‘Essential’
on October 2, 2014 10:27 AM
- State Dept. Complains New Homes in Jerusalem ‘Poison’ US Peace Plan
on October 2, 2014 10:08 AM
- Fliers Posted at U. of California Santa Barbara Blame Jews for 9/11
on October 2, 2014 8:31 AM
- Non-Jewish Groups Join Protest against Campus Anti-Semitism
on October 2, 2014 7:53 AM
- Biden’s New NSA Chief Mocked Israeli Nuke Fears
on October 2, 2014 2:30 AM
- PA Demands Nov 2016 Deadline for UN to Force Israeli Surrender
on October 1, 2014 11:37 PM
- Officials Try to Dismiss Arson in Fire of NJ Synagogue Leader’s Car
on October 1, 2014 11:25 PM
- US: Strict Policy Against Civilian Casualties Not for ISIS Attacks
on October 1, 2014 11:18 PM
- Hundreds March Against Murder of Recent Israeli Terror Victim
on October 1, 2014 11:13 PM
- Muslim Teen ‘Wants to Behead Jews’ in Netherlands
on October 1, 2014 9:12 PM