Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Khamenei Mocks Obama Officials’ Silly Bluffs’
on April 20, 2015 12:26 AM
- More PA Lobbying from the State Dept Briefing Room
on April 19, 2015 11:49 PM
- African Christians Slaughtered by ISIS-Affiliates
on April 19, 2015 4:49 PM
- PLO Targets Israeli Soccer Athletes
on April 19, 2015 4:43 PM
- British Posters Warn Muslim Voting in Elections Violates Islamic Law
on April 19, 2015 2:26 PM
- Israeli Reporter Describes Personal Experience with Anti-Semitism in Paris
on April 19, 2015 2:04 PM
- Netanyahu Warns of Increased Iran Aggression in Middle East
on April 19, 2015 12:56 PM
- Haifa Mayor Blocks ‘Polluting Factories’
on April 19, 2015 12:25 PM
- US Consulate Targeted by ISIS in Iraqi Kurdistan
on April 19, 2015 11:19 AM
- Weather Forecast Rains Out BBQ for Yom Ha’Atzmaut
on April 19, 2015 10:47 AM
- New Pilots at Turkish Airlines Urged to ‘Marry’
on April 19, 2015 9:58 AM
- Liberman and Bennett Teaming Up Against Netanyahu
on April 19, 2015 9:49 AM
- Bomb Explodes at UNRWA Headquarters in Gaza
on April 19, 2015 9:18 AM
- Obama’s Creativity: Signing Bonus Substituting for Sanctions Lifting
on April 19, 2015 12:49 AM
- Shira Klein Medical Update
on April 19, 2015 12:30 AM