Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- NYT Ignores US Condemnation of PA Incitement, Prints Info on Ferguson Cop
on November 28, 2014 10:45 PM
- IDF Chief Rabbi: Nothing is Holy to Muslims on Temple Mount except Al Aqsa
on November 28, 2014 12:13 PM
- PA Sniper Gunman Shoots at Jewish Driver on Highway 60 near Hebron
on November 28, 2014 11:09 AM
- Who Gave $1 Million for Museum That May Deal with Nazi-Looted Art?
on November 28, 2014 10:05 AM
- Knesset Synagogue Bars Reform and Conservative Jews from ‘Mixed Prayer’
on November 28, 2014 9:46 AM
- Al Aqsa Mosque ‘Stand-Up’ Preacher Calls for Annihilation of the United States
on November 28, 2014 12:52 AM
- Pro-Assad Hackers Hit Western Media and Wal-Mart
on November 28, 2014 12:04 AM
- IDF on Manhunt for Arab Terrorists Trying to Gun Down Jewish Drivers
on November 27, 2014 9:23 PM
- Minnesota Univ. Student Official Compares Group Backing Israel with KKK
on November 27, 2014 5:08 PM
- Gazans Shoot at Vehicle on Border, IDF Returns with Tank Fire
on November 27, 2014 3:42 PM
- Hamas Gunfire Damages IDF Patrol Vehicle
on November 27, 2014 3:26 PM
- Exposed Hamas Terrorist Cell a ’Drop in the Bucket’
on November 27, 2014 3:14 PM
- Moshe Feiglin: I Will Not Allow Verbal Violence in Knesset Plenum
on November 27, 2014 3:13 PM
- Report: Abbas’ Lack of Support Ditched Back-Channel Peace Process Talks
on November 27, 2014 1:28 PM
- Hamas Planned Massive Attack at Teddy Soccer Stadium in Jerusalem
on November 27, 2014 11:58 AM