Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at email@example.com.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Israel Okays Ban’s UN Commission on ‘UNRWA Incidents’
on November 20, 2014 11:12 PM
- US Parole Board Says ‘NO’ to Jonathan Pollard, Again
on November 20, 2014 9:52 PM
- Palestinian Official Accuses Talk Host/Columnist Of ‘Incitement’
on November 20, 2014 7:45 PM
- Gush Etzion Run-Over Was Terrorism, Not Traffic Accident [video]
on November 20, 2014 5:15 PM
- Rep. Steve Cohen Proposes Building Moat around the White House [video]
on November 20, 2014 4:00 PM
- Police Capture Massive Shipment of Swords, Knives and Fireworks for Jerusalem Arabs
on November 20, 2014 3:43 PM
- Shuafat Resident Caught with Knife in Maaleh Adumim
on November 20, 2014 2:51 PM
- British Baroness Compares ‘Storming of Al Aqsa’ with Har Nof Massacre
on November 20, 2014 1:59 PM
- Olim: You Can’t Get Your Gun License on your Aliyah Flight
on November 20, 2014 1:25 PM
- Ashdod Joins Ashkelon to Impose Racism to Stop Terrorism
on November 20, 2014 1:13 PM
- Gaza Launches 4 Rockets in 24 Hours
on November 20, 2014 11:20 AM
- Mayor Suspends Arab Construction Workers In Kindergartens As PM Fails To Provide Security
on November 20, 2014 10:42 AM
- Attempted Stabbing in Rechovot – UPDATE
on November 20, 2014 9:53 AM
- New App Puts Dead Scrolls on iPhone and iPad
on November 20, 2014 9:27 AM
- PFLP Terror Group Claims Responsibility for Har Nof Massacre
on November 20, 2014 1:09 AM