Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Egypt Marks Anti-Mubarak Uprising by Freeing his Sons and Killing 20
on January 26, 2015 4:13 PM
- UPDATED: Jean-Marie Le Pen Injured in House Fire
on January 26, 2015 3:33 PM
- Did Apple Sell Out Its Clients in China and Abroad?
on January 26, 2015 3:33 PM
- Drone Found on White House Lawn
on January 26, 2015 2:39 PM
- ISIS-Linked Cyber Warfare Strikes Malaysia Airlines
on January 26, 2015 1:18 PM
- Canada’s Harper Govt to Introduce Anti-Terror Legislation by Weekend
on January 26, 2015 12:55 PM
- Israeli Soldiers Who Fought in Gaza Dragged to Missionary Evening
on January 26, 2015 11:29 AM
- Pres. Rivlin Meets with Henry Kissinger
on January 26, 2015 11:03 AM
- Gaza’s Hamas Allows Israeli Imports After 5 Years
on January 26, 2015 10:40 AM
- Northeastern United States Gears Up for Epic Blizzard
on January 26, 2015 9:27 AM
- Jewish Agency Planning for Massive Aliyah of 120,000 French Jews
on January 26, 2015 2:28 AM
- Iranian News: ‘Teheran Targeted Netanyahu’s Sons’ in Retaliation
on January 25, 2015 11:06 PM
- ‘No Opportunity’ in Obama’s Schedule for Hosting President Rivlin
on January 25, 2015 8:48 PM
- Israel Extends Reservists’ Duty in North
on January 25, 2015 7:59 PM
- Argentine Journalist Flees for Life, Lands in Israel
on January 25, 2015 7:52 PM