Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.The author's opinion does not necessarily reflect the opinion of The Jewish Press.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Chechen Women Con Online ISIS Recruiters
on August 2, 2015 4:00 PM
- Iran Banks on End to Sanctions, Will Raise Oil Production to 1M bpd
on August 2, 2015 3:47 PM
- Gva’ot Woman Hurt in Samaria Rock Attack
on August 2, 2015 3:25 PM
- Holy Land Extremely Hot, but Iran Has It Much Worse
on August 2, 2015 2:49 PM
- Jerusalem Suburb Evacuated as Wildfire Burns Homes
on August 2, 2015 2:34 PM
- Visitors Allowed at Temple Mount Despite Arab Violence
on August 2, 2015 2:15 PM
- Inspired by Israeli Tech and Expertise, the 1st Community-based Emergency Response Program Launched in Jersey City
on August 2, 2015 2:12 PM
- Khamenei Tells the World How to Destroy Israel
on August 2, 2015 1:30 PM
- E-Mails Show Clinton without a Clue on How to Relate to Israel
on August 2, 2015 12:59 PM
- Bennett Condemns ‘Attempts to Blacken 430,000 Settlers’
on August 2, 2015 12:35 PM
- Gush Etzion Arabs and Jews to Rally against Violence
on August 2, 2015 12:17 PM
- Wildcat Strikes Shuts Down Jerusalem Light Rail
on August 2, 2015 9:52 AM
- Rally against Violence Bars Religious MKs and Boos Right-Winger
on August 2, 2015 9:37 AM
- Former Democratic NY Congressman Ackerman Opposes ObamaDeal
on August 2, 2015 8:46 AM
- Sharks Circles Surfer Off Ashdod Coast
on August 2, 2015 7:32 AM