Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at email@example.com.The author's opinion does not necessarily reflect the opinion of The Jewish Press.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
Imported and Older Comments:
- Israel Revokes Citizenship of Arab Plotting to Kidnap, Kill IDF Soldier
on October 21, 2016 12:11 AM
- Thousands Show Solidarity With Israel in Annual Jerusalem March
on October 20, 2016 11:30 PM
- Arab-Israeli Couple Arrested, Accused of Joining ISIS
on October 20, 2016 10:05 PM
- Pres. & First Lady Rivlin Welcome Thousands to The Sukkah
on October 20, 2016 7:41 PM
- Liberman Tells New Lone Soldier, ‘To This Day I Speak With Mistakes and A Thick Accent’
on October 20, 2016 7:30 PM
- Israeli Hiker Killed While Trekking the Ganges in India
on October 20, 2016 7:12 PM
- Holiday Blessing by the Kohanim From the Western Wall in Jerusalem [video]
on October 20, 2016 7:03 PM
- Israel Foils Islamic Jihad Plot to Kidnap, Murder IDF Soldier
on October 20, 2016 6:44 PM
- IDF Soldier Wounded in Beit Omar Attack Near Hebron
on October 20, 2016 6:18 PM
- Worried About Obama: Netanyahu’s Request for Amona Industrial Quiet Becomes Scandal De Jure
on October 20, 2016 3:55 PM
- Survey: Half of Evacuees Believe They’ll Return to Gush Katif
on October 20, 2016 2:47 PM
- Arab MK: No Jewish Temple Ever Existed on Temple Mount [audio]
on October 20, 2016 1:28 PM
- Excavation Reveals Spot Where Romans Breached Jerusalem’s Wall 2,000 Years Ago
on October 20, 2016 10:31 AM
- In Strongest Showing, Trump Fails to Bridge Gap with Women
on October 20, 2016 9:29 AM
- Foreign Lawmakers in Hebron: UNESCO Decision ‘Shocking’
on October 19, 2016 6:35 PM