Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.The author's opinion does not necessarily reflect the opinion of The Jewish Press.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Cat Stuck in the Western Wall [video]
on August 27, 2016 11:59 PM
- Terror Attack Foiled in Hebron
on August 27, 2016 9:29 PM
- Israeli Satellite Company Sold to Chinese for $285 Million
on August 27, 2016 9:21 PM
- IDF Fires Towards Syrians Approaching the Border
on August 27, 2016 9:14 PM
- Philly Jewish Woman Painting Flowers Over Swastikas
on August 27, 2016 8:42 PM
- Netanyahu OKs Major Road Works on Shabbat with Tacit Haredi Approval
on August 26, 2016 4:11 PM
- Updated: Arab Killed Near Ofra
on August 26, 2016 1:05 PM
- Analysis: Bennett Defending Bibi from Barak While Bibi Tells Buji He’ll Dump Bennett if Buji Pulls a Barak
on August 26, 2016 11:28 AM
- UN Arabizing Be’er Sheva
on August 26, 2016 8:28 AM
- UN Demanding Diplomatic Immunity for Hamas Agent
on August 26, 2016 7:59 AM
- Report: Muslim Brotherhood Running ISIS Children’s Training Camp in Jordan
on August 25, 2016 7:46 PM
- Wikileaks: George Soros Paid $650,000 to Influence Pope Francis’ Closest Friend
on August 25, 2016 4:18 PM
- Biden Reveals US Going Out of Its Way to Extradite Erdogan’s Archenemy
on August 25, 2016 3:10 PM
- Haifa University Predicts Arrival of Jellyfish in Israel Using Sea Temperature and Lunar Cycle
on August 25, 2016 1:06 PM
- Shots Fired at IDF Patrol Boat in Northern Gaza
on August 25, 2016 11:27 AM