Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at email@example.com.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Latest Rocket Alert Update: Thursday 8:03 AM
on July 24, 2014 9:17 AM
- FAA Lifts Ban on Flights to Israel
on July 24, 2014 9:03 AM
- Over 30,000 People Pay Respects to IDF Sgt. Max Steinberg in Jerusalem [video]
on July 24, 2014 8:53 AM
- Senator, Enraged by FAA Ban on Israel, Demands Answers
on July 24, 2014 6:15 AM
- FAA Ban on Flights to Israel ‘Worse than BDS’
on July 24, 2014 5:03 AM
- Khaled Mashaal Rejects Ceasefire and Says Israel Must Disarm for Peace
on July 24, 2014 12:41 AM
- Judeophobic Protests Hit New Zealand
on July 24, 2014 12:15 AM
- Arabs Riot Near Rachel’s Tomb, Hebron
on July 23, 2014 11:37 PM
- Shots Fired Outside Jerusalem Mall
on July 23, 2014 11:28 PM
- Hamas Fires on IDF Field Hospital
on July 23, 2014 11:19 PM
- UN Confirmed No Patients in Terror-Hospital that IAF Bombed [video]
on July 23, 2014 10:00 PM
- BREAKING: FAA Extends Ban on US Flights to Israel
on July 23, 2014 8:07 PM
- Waffa Hospital Attack [video]
on July 23, 2014 8:02 PM
- Breaking: Three IDF Soldiers Killed in Central Gaza
on July 23, 2014 7:18 PM
- Chabad Gives New Tefillin to Wounded Soldiers Who Lost Them in Battle
on July 23, 2014 6:38 PM