Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at email@example.com.The author's opinion does not necessarily reflect the opinion of The Jewish Press.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Rabbi Kahane’s Grandson to Be Released into House Detention, Restrictions
on May 30, 2016 9:29 PM
- IDF Soldier Stabbed in Tel Aviv, Terrorist in Custody [video]
on May 30, 2016 7:43 PM
- 16 International NGOs Condemn Israel’s Refusal to Support BDS Founder’s World Travels
on May 30, 2016 6:14 PM
- Patriots’ Owner Cites Chapters of the Fathers at YU’s Keynote Address [video]
on May 30, 2016 4:07 PM
- Pres. Rivlin Understands Arab Students’ Dilemma on National Symbols, Anthem: ‘Must Be Addressed’
on May 30, 2016 2:59 PM
- Shaked’s Anti-Terror Law Approved for Second and Third Knesset Vote
on May 30, 2016 2:41 PM
- Liberman Appointed Defense Minister After Government Compromise
on May 30, 2016 2:35 PM
- New Terror Tactic: Hamas Uses Postal System to Smuggle Drones and Weapons
on May 30, 2016 2:12 PM
- Police Arrest Teen Stabbers of Elderly Jewish Women in Jerusalem
on May 30, 2016 12:23 PM
- Ipsos Survey: One Third of Americans Support Boycotting Israel
on May 30, 2016 12:22 PM
- New Film Depicts Arab Queers as Bridge to Peace [video]
on May 30, 2016 11:34 AM
- Bennett Coalition Crisis Averted, Liberman (Still) to Be Defense Minister
on May 30, 2016 11:23 AM
- 1 Wounded in Evening Terror Attack on Jerusalem Bus
on May 30, 2016 9:58 AM
- Shabak Issues Last Administrative Detention Order Before Lieberman Takes Over
on May 30, 2016 9:43 AM
- Israel Helps Sri Lanka After Deadly Landslides
on May 30, 2016 2:00 AM