Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at email@example.com.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- One-Third of GOP Voters See Obama Worse for US than Assad and Putin
on March 30, 2015 5:20 PM
- Netanyahu Says West Ready to Award Iran for Aggression
on March 30, 2015 3:21 PM
- Card-Carrying Israeli Arab Citizen Arrested for Joining ISIS
on March 30, 2015 3:00 PM
- Lausanne Talks May Be Camouflage for Iranian Nukes in North Korea
on March 30, 2015 1:55 PM
- Colel Chabad ‘Secures’ Passover Food for Needy Israelis
on March 30, 2015 1:53 PM
- Hillary Clinton Wants US-Israel Relations on ‘Constructive Footing’
on March 30, 2015 1:09 PM
- Gaza Launches Rocket at Egypt
on March 30, 2015 12:30 PM
- Rami Levi Discount Supermarkets New Branches Increased Sales But Reduced Profits
on March 30, 2015 12:22 PM
- A Jewish Twist on ‘Land Day’
on March 30, 2015 10:43 AM
- Ehud Olmert Found Guilty of Fraud in ‘Talansky Affair’
on March 30, 2015 10:12 AM
- Iran Reneges on Major Point: Will Obama Keep Begging Anyway?
on March 30, 2015 6:18 AM
- PA Back Down on ICC in Exchange for Frozen Tax Revenue
on March 29, 2015 9:15 PM
- The Knesset Goes Solar
on March 29, 2015 6:26 PM
- Netanyahu Warns Iran-Yemen-Nuclear Deal Axis ‘Dangerous to Humanity’ [video]
on March 29, 2015 1:12 PM
- Iran Forces Kerry to Cancel Trip to US and Remain for More Talks
on March 29, 2015 11:46 AM