Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Jordanian King Warns Global Battle With ISIS Has Launched World War III
on March 4, 2015 4:45 AM
- Obama Claims Netanyahu Offered ‘No Viable Alternative’ to Iran Deal
on March 4, 2015 12:12 AM
- Some Democrats Aim Venom, Charge Israeli Prime Minister with ‘Fear-Mongering’
on March 3, 2015 10:35 PM
- AIPAC Honors United Hatzalah as Leading Innovator [video]
on March 3, 2015 10:30 PM
- Transcript of PM Binyamin Netanyahu’s Historic Speech to Congress
on March 3, 2015 10:17 PM
- Watch Netanyahu’s Speech in Congress [video]
on March 3, 2015 9:51 PM
- Hillary Clinton Allegedly Used Private Email Exclusively as Secy of State
on March 3, 2015 9:37 PM
- A Wine’s Exodus: From Vine to Barrel
on March 3, 2015 9:29 PM
- ‘Alliance Between Israel & US Must Always Remain Above Politics’
on March 3, 2015 8:39 PM
- Netanyahu’s Map of Iranian Terror Network Sets Stage for THE Speech
on March 3, 2015 2:06 PM
- Iran Declares It Won’t Agree to Freeze Nuclear Program for 10 Years
on March 3, 2015 1:40 PM
- It Is Bipartisan, These House Democrats Will be at Bibi’s Speech
on March 3, 2015 11:56 AM
- Tickets for Netanyahu’s Speech ‘Hotter than Fresh Latkes’
on March 3, 2015 11:30 AM
- Any Deal Is a Bad Deal
on March 3, 2015 10:06 AM
- Obama Says ‘Give Iran Talks a Chance; Israel Safer Than Ever
on March 3, 2015 7:25 AM