Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at email@example.com.The author's opinion does not necessarily reflect the opinion of The Jewish Press.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
Imported and Older Comments:
- Yad Vashem Online Presents Touching ‘Last Letters From the Holocaust’
on January 23, 2017 2:08 PM
- Knesset Committee Dispersed after IDF Refuses to Turn Over Alcoholism Data
on January 23, 2017 1:30 PM
- Former GSS Counter-Terrorism Chief: Expect Even Bloodier 2017
on January 23, 2017 12:47 PM
- Arab Motorists Slow Down Fast Highway Protesting Demolitions of Illegal Construction
on January 23, 2017 11:49 AM
- PLO Official: Trump’s Embassy Move Will Mean War
on January 23, 2017 10:24 AM
- Netanyahu to Belzer Rebbe: Pray that New President Be Better than Predecessor
on January 23, 2017 9:22 AM
- Trump Invites Netanyahu For White House Meeting in February
on January 22, 2017 11:59 PM
- Terror Attack Averted Near Beitar
on January 22, 2017 10:54 PM
- US Embassy Planners Arrive, Scouting Sites in Jerusalem
on January 22, 2017 10:24 PM
- Life in Prison Plus 30 Years for Driver of Terrorist Cell That Killed of Malachi Rosenfeld
on January 22, 2017 9:30 PM
- IDF Colonel Suspended After Classified Documents, Phone Stolen
on January 22, 2017 9:04 PM
- Anti-Semitic Sabbath Attacks on Jews in London
on January 22, 2017 8:48 PM
- Ma’ale Adumim Annexation Vote Postponed in Security Cabinet
on January 22, 2017 8:19 PM
- Jordan, Palestinian Authority Unite to Fight Relocation of US Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem
on January 22, 2017 6:57 PM
- Jerusalem’s Local Planning & Building Committee Approves 671 Housing Units
on January 22, 2017 6:32 PM