Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Funeral for Chaye Zisel Braun Underway [photos]
on October 23, 2014 12:48 AM
- Driver / Terrorist Dies in Hospital
on October 23, 2014 12:23 AM
- Arab Paper on Hamas Terrorist Attack: ‘Israeli Police Shoots ‘Palestinian’
on October 22, 2014 11:39 PM
- Police and Arabs Clashing in Shiloach / Silwan [video]
on October 22, 2014 11:06 PM
- Hundreds of World Jewish Leaders to Meet in Rocket-Battered South
on October 22, 2014 10:07 PM
- IDF Claims Drug Smugglers Carried out Sinai Attack
on October 22, 2014 10:01 PM
- Isfahan Demonstration for Women’s Rights Becomes Anti-Government Protest
on October 22, 2014 9:43 PM
- Syrian Claims It Destroyed ISIS’s Fighter Jets
on October 22, 2014 8:28 PM
- Baby Killed in Suspected Jerusalem Terror Ramming Attack
on October 22, 2014 8:21 PM
- Real-time Video of Car Running Over Jerusalem Light Rail Passengers
on October 22, 2014 7:26 PM
- French Jewish Leader Indicted for Calling Dieudonne ‘Professional Anti-Semite’
on October 22, 2014 7:25 PM
- Haredim Delay Delta Flight because of Mixed Seating
on October 22, 2014 6:35 PM
- Suspected Terror Attack at Jerusalem Light Rail [video]
on October 22, 2014 6:17 PM
- Terrorism at Light Rail Station near Ammunition Hill UPDATED
on October 22, 2014 6:12 PM
- Canadian Parliament in Lock-down Following Shooting
on October 22, 2014 5:48 PM