Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at email@example.com.The author's opinion does not necessarily reflect the opinion of The Jewish Press.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Getting Under the Skin of Medieval Bible Mystery
on November 26, 2015 2:00 AM
- Turkey Releases Recording of Warning to Russian Fighter Jet
on November 26, 2015 1:30 AM
- Cameron Pushing Reluctant Parliament on UK Bombing ISIS in Syria
on November 25, 2015 11:01 PM
- IDF Recommends Giving Palestinian Authority Weapons and Freeing Prisoners
on November 25, 2015 10:23 PM
- 200 North American Lone Soldiers and New Olim to Celebrate Thanksgiving in Tel Aviv
on November 25, 2015 10:18 PM
- Rescued Russian Pilot Denies Turkish Contacts, Leaving Syria — But Turkey Releases Recording of Warnings
on November 25, 2015 9:26 PM
- Obama Assures Frightened Americans No Current Security Threat
on November 25, 2015 8:23 PM
- ISIS Behind Terror Attack on Tunisia’s Presidential Guard
on November 25, 2015 8:21 PM
- Brussels Reopens City Life But Maintains Highest Alert
on November 25, 2015 7:46 PM
- B’Tselem Complains to Netanyahu: Security Forces Mete Out Death Sentences to Terrorists
on November 25, 2015 7:01 PM
- Inspired by ‘Indiana Jones,’ Israeli Kid Discovers 2,500-Year-Old Artifact
on November 25, 2015 4:56 PM
- ‘Israeli Intelligence Prevented Massive Terror Attack in Germany’
on November 25, 2015 3:55 PM
- Putin: Erdoğan Supporting Extremists, Forcing Islamization of Turkey
on November 25, 2015 3:47 PM
- Businessmen Want Rabbinic Boycott of Palestinian Authority Food Items
on November 25, 2015 3:30 PM
- Putin’s Spokesman: No Idea Why Russia’s Grand Mufti Wished Israel Same Fate as Crimea
on November 25, 2015 2:44 PM