Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at email@example.com.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- ISIS ‘Prince’ of Iraq’s Anbar Province Killed
on November 26, 2014 10:02 AM
- Ferguson Fuels Unrest in America But Israel is Blamed
on November 26, 2014 9:12 AM
- MK Yuli Edelstein Tells Chabad Rabbis Why He ‘Lost It’ Over Tefillin
on November 26, 2014 7:15 AM
- Turkish Legislator Pens Bill Naming Israel Terrorist State
on November 26, 2014 7:09 AM
- ISIS Stones to Death Two Gay Men
on November 26, 2014 6:20 AM
- Israel’s Recognition of Aramean Nationality Empowers Arameans Worldwide In Demand For Rights
on November 26, 2014 5:48 AM
- Pro-Hezbollah Singer Arrested for Incitement in Lebanon
on November 26, 2014 1:30 AM
- Thousands at Memorial for Jerusalem’s Har Nof Massacre Victims
on November 26, 2014 12:39 AM
- European Parliament Puts Off ‘Palestine’ Vote – For now
on November 26, 2014 12:11 AM
- Pro-ISIS Group Says ‘Use Ferguson Flames to Fuel Terror in America’
on November 25, 2014 11:26 PM
- Police Confirm: Old City Attack was Planned Ambush
on November 25, 2014 9:16 PM
- Additional Security for MK Tzipi Hotovely
on November 25, 2014 8:33 PM
- Work Accident or Mistaken Identity? Arab Car Destroyed by Firebomb, 3 Injured
on November 25, 2014 8:13 PM
- Major Rainstorm to Hit Israel
on November 25, 2014 7:13 PM
- Eichmann Trial Documents Found in Trash to be Auctioned
on November 25, 2014 6:22 PM