Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at email@example.com.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Vast Majority of Gazan Arabs Support Terror Against Israel
on August 28, 2014 8:55 AM
- Netanyahu Tries to Sell Bill of Goods that Israel Won Goals in the War
on August 27, 2014 10:07 PM
- Israeli Wounded from Syrian Shelling on Golan
on August 27, 2014 8:05 PM
- Another Hamas Ceasefire Cemented in Future War
on August 27, 2014 7:40 PM
- Iran: “We Will Rearm the West Bank”
on August 27, 2014 7:29 PM
- No News Is Bad News in Search for Yeshiva Student Aaron Sofer
on August 27, 2014 6:51 PM
- Political Fallout Begins From Ceasefire
on August 27, 2014 4:50 PM
- Rock Attacks in Jerusalem
on August 27, 2014 4:18 PM
- Near-Total Palestinian Support for Rocketfire
on August 27, 2014 3:52 PM
- Eshkol Regional Council Mayor: No Faith in Government
on August 27, 2014 2:43 PM
- IDF Soldier Wounded by Syrian Mortar Fire on Golan Heights
on August 27, 2014 1:55 PM
- NYC Lawmaker Laurie Cumbo Presses Miami to Find Rabbi Raksin’s Murderer
on August 27, 2014 1:41 PM
- Former US enoy Laments Israel-US Tensions, Blames Gaza War
on August 27, 2014 12:46 PM
- Baby Hurt in Stone Attack
on August 27, 2014 12:44 PM
- Zara Fashion Botches “Toddler T” Style with Holocaust Imagery
on August 27, 2014 11:27 AM