Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.The author's opinion does not necessarily reflect the opinion of The Jewish Press.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Security Passes Being Scrutinized in Paris Airport
on December 1, 2015 10:48 AM
- Rabbinic Court Permits Wedding 2nd Wife over 1st Wife’s Dementia
on December 1, 2015 10:44 AM
- Arab with Knife Caught Near Efrat, Attempted Stabbing Near Einav, Terrorist Killed
on December 1, 2015 10:26 AM
- Lebanon-al Nusra Prisoner Exchange Has Begun
on December 1, 2015 9:33 AM
- Jerusalem Light Rail Attacked by Stone-Throwers in Shuafat
on December 1, 2015 9:29 AM
- Stabbing in Jerusalem
on December 1, 2015 8:14 AM
- UPDATE: Terror Attack at Tzomet HaGush
on December 1, 2015 8:04 AM
- In the Contest Between Victimized Expellees, Jewish Refugees of Arab Lands Have Proof
on December 1, 2015 4:20 AM
- See the World’s Largest Menorah on Fifth Avenue (Sunday Night)
on December 1, 2015 2:07 AM
- ‘Kosher Russia’ Party Ready to Hit Parliamentary Elections
on November 30, 2015 10:59 PM
- Jewish Genome Event Explores Tracing our Jewish Identity to our DNA
on November 30, 2015 9:50 PM
- Police, Shin Bet, Promise Dramatic Development in ‘Jewish Terror’ Case
on November 30, 2015 9:29 PM
- Abbas Shakes Hands with Netanyahu in Paris, Blames Israel for PA’s Environmental Failures
on November 30, 2015 9:22 PM
- DM Ya’alon Says Israel is Prepared for Escalation in Terror Attacks
on November 30, 2015 7:21 PM
- France Demands Details From IAEA On Iranian Nuclear Activities
on November 30, 2015 6:00 PM