Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.The author's opinion does not necessarily reflect the opinion of The Jewish Press.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- A Tale of Two Prayers: Muslims and Clinton vs. Jews and Psalms [video]
on September 4, 2015 1:08 PM
- ‘Catch-22″ Comes to the Temple Mount
on September 4, 2015 10:26 AM
- Biden Tells Atlanta Jews ‘Honest to God, I Don’t Know If I Will Run’ [video]
on September 4, 2015 10:12 AM
- ‘Lone Soldiers’ Get a Treat in ‘Fun Day’ At Water Park
on September 4, 2015 9:12 AM
- British MP Accuses UK of Supporting Iran ‘at Expense of Allies’
on September 4, 2015 8:52 AM
- Cory Booker + 2 More Senators Announce Support for Nuclear Iran Deal
on September 4, 2015 1:30 AM
- Netanyahu, Kahlon Cut Taxes to Spur Sluggish Economy
on September 3, 2015 11:00 PM
- Attempted Lynch Attack on 5 US Jewish Tourists in Hebron, Saved by Local Arab
on September 3, 2015 8:03 PM
- A Jewish Family’s Search To Save a Daughter With Familial Disautonomia
on September 3, 2015 7:23 PM
- Head of Joint Arab List Hospitalized with Chest Pain
on September 3, 2015 6:28 PM
- Pres. Rivlin Meets in State Visit with Pope Francis at Vatican
on September 3, 2015 6:08 PM
- French Investigators Rule ‘No Evidence’ Yasser Arafat Murdered
on September 3, 2015 3:48 PM
- Analysis: New Pew Report Has Seen the Jewish American Future and It’s Orthodox
on September 3, 2015 3:08 PM
- Knesset Approves Budget in 1st Voting Round as Shas Threatens to Pull Support
on September 3, 2015 2:29 PM
- Australian PM in Trouble for Saying ISIS Evil Worse Than Nazi Evil
on September 3, 2015 2:25 PM