Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at email@example.com.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
- All in the Family: BDS Protests Zabars; Carole Zabar Promotes BDS
on April 20, 2014 11:09 PM
- Prayer Request from HaRav Aharon Bina
on April 20, 2014 5:39 PM
- Bennett to Abbas: Go Ahead, Make My Day
on April 20, 2014 4:46 PM
- Arab Riots Forced Rabbi Meir Soloveichik, Family off Temple Mount
on April 20, 2014 2:27 PM
- Ukrainian Synagogue Firebombed (Video)
on April 20, 2014 2:05 PM
- Hikers Find Human Skull and Bones in Gush Etzion Cave
on April 20, 2014 8:28 AM
- U.S., Israel Teaming to Push Israel into Visa Waiver Program
on April 18, 2014 5:25 PM
- Report: Lebanese man admits to targeting Israelis in Thailand
on April 18, 2014 5:22 PM
- Syrian Jets Strike Targets on Ramat HaGolan
on April 18, 2014 4:14 PM
- Chelsea Clinton Pregnant with Non-Jewish Child
on April 18, 2014 10:58 AM
- Police Limit Arab Visitors to Temple Mount
on April 18, 2014 10:18 AM
- No Gov’t Majority for Pollard-Talks Deal
on April 18, 2014 10:11 AM
- Shas Party Appoints New Spiritual Leader
on April 18, 2014 9:50 AM
- ‘Jews Must Register’ Flyer in Ukraine an Echo of Babi Yar
on April 18, 2014 2:19 AM
- Florida Teen Stabbed in High School Gym
on April 17, 2014 9:31 PM