Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.The author's opinion does not necessarily reflect the opinion of The Jewish Press.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- New Ruling Requires Both Mothers Listed on Birth Certificate
on July 26, 2016 7:44 PM
- Watch: Mr. Netanyahu, We Are Treated as Sub-Humans on Temple Mount [video]
on July 26, 2016 7:16 PM
- New Study: Alarming Spike in Campus Anti-Semitism in 2016
on July 26, 2016 7:01 PM
- Knesset Committee Discovers Significant Drop in Immigrant Youth Crime
on July 26, 2016 5:23 PM
- Female Terrorist Neutralized at Kalandia Checkpoint [video]
on July 26, 2016 4:36 PM
- ISIS Terror Attack in Normandy, France
on July 26, 2016 4:14 PM
- UN Watch Helps Release Turkish Human Rights Lawyer from Prison
on July 26, 2016 12:36 PM
- Bennett Rebukes Netanyahu on Misrepresenting Terror Tunnel Record
on July 26, 2016 12:15 PM
- Knesset Passes Law Assigning Running State Mikvahs to Chief Rabbinate
on July 26, 2016 10:41 AM
- Police Continue Nightly Harassment of Minor Targeted by Outgoing Defense Minister
on July 26, 2016 9:11 AM
- AFSI Urging Congressman’s Resignation over Calling Jews ‘Termites’
on July 26, 2016 7:00 AM
- Exclusive: Lawmaker’s Slur That Jews are ‘Termites’ Reminds Jewish Voter of Hitler’s ‘Vermin’
on July 26, 2016 5:21 AM
- Israeli-Trained Brazilian Forces to Secure Rio Olympics
on July 26, 2016 3:38 AM
- 19 Dead, 45 Wounded in Stabbing Attack in Japan [video]
on July 26, 2016 12:50 AM
- Syrian Refugee Suicide Bomber a ‘Soldier of ISIS’ in Germany
on July 26, 2016 12:16 AM