Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at email@example.com.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- CIA, Mossad Collaborated on Killing Hezbollah No. 2 Leader in Damascus
on February 1, 2015 12:03 AM
- ISIS Beheads Kenji Goto
on January 31, 2015 11:08 PM
- Netanyahu Says ‘Procedural Problems’ Easier to Fix Than Nuclear Threat
on January 31, 2015 10:55 PM
- IDF Kills 1 Terrorist, Wounds Another in Samaria
on January 31, 2015 9:49 PM
- Egypt Designates Hamas a Terrorist Organization
on January 31, 2015 8:07 PM
- V15 US Political Operative Marinated in Hate-Israel Activism
on January 30, 2015 3:56 PM
- Hamas ‘War Crimes Camp’ Graduates Trains 17,000 Teens for Terror
on January 30, 2015 12:05 PM
- Obama Wins War on Terror By Saying It Doesn’t Exist [video]
on January 30, 2015 11:22 AM
- State Dept. Says Taxpayers’ Money not Used in V-15 Campaign
on January 30, 2015 10:02 AM
- Israel’s Wix Web Platform Company Unveils Super Bowl Ad [video]
on January 30, 2015 9:25 AM
- Sen. Cruz Asks if Obama Behind V-15 ‘Political Campaign against Netanyahu’
on January 30, 2015 8:14 AM
- Shin Bet Sting Nabs Israeli Arabs Joining Al Qaeda, ISIS
on January 30, 2015 5:05 AM
- Election Registration is Over
on January 30, 2015 12:55 AM
- ISIS Attacks Egypt, 27 Dead, Dozens Wounded
on January 29, 2015 11:17 PM
- New Poll Shows All Parties Going Full Blast in Neutral
on January 29, 2015 10:31 PM