Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Star Trek’s Leonard Nimoy, 83, ‘Lived Long And Prospered’
on February 27, 2015 11:29 PM
- Reducing Iran’s Number of Centrifuges Makes a Bomb More Likely
on February 27, 2015 3:49 PM
- Cycling the Desert: New Israel Bike Trail Connects Mitzpe Ramon to Eilat
on February 27, 2015 12:00 PM
- Said Says (Falsely): ‘Israel flooding Gaza with Waste Water’
on February 27, 2015 11:57 AM
- State Dept. Admits Even Obama Is not ‘Infallible’
on February 27, 2015 11:15 AM
- A Lost Soul and $25 Buys a Ticket to Cross from Turkey to ISIS
on February 27, 2015 10:00 AM
- Kerry to Talk with Iran at Same Time Netanyahu to Warn Congress
on February 27, 2015 9:30 AM
- House Speaker Boehner Says Netanyahu Speech Won’t Harm US-Israel Relations
on February 27, 2015 7:30 AM
- Jordan, Israel Sign Historic Red Sea-Dead Sea Rescue Deal
on February 27, 2015 4:00 AM
- Obama White House Sends Susan Rice, Samantha Power to AIPAC
on February 27, 2015 3:20 AM
- New York Jury Convicts Saudi Man in 1998 Al Qaeda Attack on US Embassy
on February 27, 2015 12:52 AM
- Netanyahu Will Meet With Bipartisan Senate Leadership Prior to March 3 Speech
on February 27, 2015 12:51 AM
- Meet ‘Jihadi John’
on February 26, 2015 9:14 PM
- Stabbing Attempt in Gush Etzion
on February 26, 2015 7:33 PM
- Germany’s Central Council Of Jews Warns Against Wearing Yarmulkes
on February 26, 2015 4:08 PM