Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at email@example.com.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Mt. Hermon Open and Free for Pesach
on March 27, 2015 1:09 AM
- Israeli Unemployment Dropped in February
on March 27, 2015 12:15 AM
- White House Insists Chaotic Yemen a ‘Model’ for Obama’s War on Terror
on March 26, 2015 6:57 PM
- Abbas Praises Saudi Attack on Rebels in Yemen
on March 26, 2015 5:05 PM
- Bomb Iran, Says John Bolton
on March 26, 2015 4:06 PM
- Bomb Found Near Tomb of the Patriarchs
on March 26, 2015 3:52 PM
- BGU Researchers Found Way To Break Into Off-Internet Computers [video]
on March 26, 2015 3:23 PM
- Germanwings Co-Pilot Intentionally Crashed Plane and Killed Passengers
on March 26, 2015 3:19 PM
- Amnesty Intl Charges ‘Palestinian Armed Groups’ With War Crimes
on March 26, 2015 2:53 PM
- Netanyahu Not Replacing Dermer
on March 26, 2015 11:05 AM
- Newly Elected Arab Knesset Members Visit Abbas in Ramallah
on March 26, 2015 10:39 AM
- French Firm Pulls Out of Jerusalem Cable Car Project after PA Pressure
on March 26, 2015 10:29 AM
- With Minimal US Involvement, Arab Coalition Launches Operation ‘Firmness Storm’ Fighting Iranian Expansionism
on March 26, 2015 9:51 AM
- Spring Forward
on March 26, 2015 9:41 AM
- This Day in History: Shalhevet Pass Murdered
on March 26, 2015 9:12 AM