Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Pro-’Palestine’ Students at Temple U Blame Victim for Altercation
on August 22, 2014 4:49 AM
- White House Releases Weapons Shipment to Israel
on August 21, 2014 10:13 PM
- Live Updates: Beit El & Modi’in Targeted (Latest Update 10:58pm)
on August 21, 2014 10:03 PM
- Ground Op on Horizon with Emergency Orders to 10,000 IDF Reservists
on August 21, 2014 8:01 PM
- Bomb Scare Forces Evacuation of Australian Jewish School
on August 21, 2014 6:46 PM
- Cabinet OKs Reserves Call-Up
on August 21, 2014 5:31 PM
- Irish Jews Brace for Galloway Visit
on August 21, 2014 5:22 PM
- Education Minister: Hamas Terror Won’t Prevent Israel’s Children from Learning
on August 21, 2014 4:18 PM
- Search for Mohammed Deif Continues in Gaza City Ruins
on August 21, 2014 3:49 PM
- Rock Attack on Israeli Bus
on August 21, 2014 3:45 PM
- Massive Rocket Barrage Blankets South
on August 21, 2014 3:27 PM
- Netanyahu Praises ‘Meticulous Intelligence, Precise IDF Operational Abilities’
on August 21, 2014 1:00 PM
- 3 Terrorists Killed in IDF Attack on Sheikh Reduwein
on August 21, 2014 12:42 PM
- 1 Israeli Hero Wounded Saving Children from Rocket Barrage in Eshkol
on August 21, 2014 11:48 AM
- Israel Kills Top Hamas Commander Raed Al-Attar
on August 21, 2014 10:59 AM