Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at email@example.com.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
- British Vets Want Ban on Ritual Slaughter
on March 7, 2014 2:00 PM
- Pope Francis Cancels Israel Trip
on March 7, 2014 12:52 PM
- Canadian Court: Lev Tahor Sect Must Surrender Children
on March 7, 2014 12:07 PM
- House Overwhelmingly Passes Bill Enhancing Israel Security Cooperation
on March 7, 2014 11:49 AM
- 100 Ukrainian Jews Want to Make Aliyah, Settle in Judea and Samaria
on March 7, 2014 11:26 AM
- Behind the Scenes Video: IDF Mission to Stop Iranian Terror Ship
on March 6, 2014 10:39 PM
- Explosive Thrown at Rachel’s Tomb
on March 6, 2014 10:11 PM
- Egypt to Revoke Hamas Citizenships After Court Ban
on March 6, 2014 5:04 PM
- Lev Tahor Sect Members Arrested in Trinidad
on March 6, 2014 4:41 PM
- UK Jewish Girls School Erased Evolution Questions from Test
on March 6, 2014 4:02 PM
- Carney: US to Continue Iran Talks Despite Ship Seizure
on March 6, 2014 3:50 PM
- Amid Crisis, Ukrainian Jewish Community Receives Rescue Efforts Training
on March 6, 2014 3:48 PM
- Lieberman: Israel Won’t Agree to ‘Further Conditions’ for Talks
on March 6, 2014 3:33 PM
- Netanyahu Signs Partnership Agreement with Jerry Brown
on March 6, 2014 3:30 PM
- Jonathan Pollard Underwent Emergency Surgery
on March 6, 2014 1:47 PM