Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Head of Iran’s Top Clerical Body Dies
on October 21, 2014 5:48 PM
- ‘Radicalized’ Convert to Islam Attempted to Murder Canadian Soldiers [video]
on October 21, 2014 5:45 PM
- Abbas Wreaks Vengeance on Arabs Selling Land to Jews
on October 21, 2014 5:17 PM
- Israel’s Government Recruits Citizens to ‘Fight Ebola’
on October 21, 2014 4:58 PM
- Beach Boys Cancel Israel Performance
on October 21, 2014 3:58 PM
- Jerusalem Light Rail’s New ‘Zero Tolerance’ for Arab Violence
on October 21, 2014 2:42 PM
- Rare 2,000 Yr Old Monument to Emperor Hadrian Found in Jerusalem
on October 21, 2014 1:52 PM
- Syrian Death Toll for Saturday and Sunday Breaks 300
on October 21, 2014 12:01 PM
- Father and ISIS Stone Woman to Death in Syria [video]
on October 21, 2014 11:43 AM
- Proposed Conversion Bill, Change in Local Rabbinate Power Nixed by Netanyahu
on October 21, 2014 9:35 AM
- Haaretz Smears American Terrorism Expert with Political Hit Job
on October 21, 2014 2:53 AM
- Kosher Butcher in Germany Admits Selling Non-Kosher Meat for Years
on October 21, 2014 12:12 AM
- RCA Issues Statement Regarding Freundel Matter
on October 20, 2014 11:05 PM
- Israeli Sherpa ‘Pony Express’ Saved Hundreds in Nepal Blizzard
on October 20, 2014 10:43 PM
- ISIS Wants You – Dead [video]
on October 20, 2014 8:36 PM