Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at email@example.com.The author's opinion does not necessarily reflect the opinion of The Jewish Press.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- BREAKING: Soldier Stabbed in Afula, Terrorist Killed
on October 8, 2015 7:15 PM
- Haifa: Arabs Throw Stones at Cars
on October 8, 2015 5:15 PM
- Third Stabbing Terror Attack on Thursday: Kiryat Arba
on October 8, 2015 5:00 PM
- How Palestinian Arab Terrorists Choose Their Targets
on October 8, 2015 5:00 PM
- Chapel Launches Free Jewish Funeral and Yahrzeit Memorial iPhone App
on October 8, 2015 4:50 PM
- Attempted Ramming in Jerusalem [video]
on October 8, 2015 4:31 PM
- Rabbi Appointed ‘Honorary Comedic Advisor to the Pope’
on October 8, 2015 4:30 PM
- Arab MKs Reject Netanyahu’s Order Keeping Ministers, MKs, Off Temple Mount
on October 8, 2015 4:18 PM
- Official PA Daily Reports that Murders of Jews Brings Joy
on October 8, 2015 4:09 PM
- 4 Wounded, Including IDF Soldier Stabbed in Tel Aviv Terror Attack
on October 8, 2015 3:30 PM
- Russia Takes over Syrian Civil War, Hits Rebels with Missiles
on October 8, 2015 2:44 PM
- Jerusalem Terror Victim in Critical Condition After Stabbing
on October 8, 2015 2:08 PM
- Israeli Arab Hospital Worker Convicted of Joining ISIS
on October 8, 2015 1:24 PM
- A Week of Intifada Miracles in the State of Israel
on October 8, 2015 11:59 AM
- Firebombs, Rocks and Rioting in Gush Etzion
on October 8, 2015 10:33 AM