Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at email@example.com.The author's opinion does not necessarily reflect the opinion of The Jewish Press.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- PM Netanyahu Explains His Turkey Deal While Visiting in Rome
on June 27, 2016 9:43 PM
- Justice Committee Approves NGO Foreign Funding Transparency Bill for Final Vote
on June 27, 2016 6:11 PM
- Jerusalem Mayor to Fire Ancient Ramadan Cannon Ending Islamic Fast
on June 27, 2016 6:07 PM
- MK Amsalem Touring Prisons: ‘Zoo Monkeys Have More Living Space than Inmates’
on June 27, 2016 1:26 PM
- Gateway to Temple of the ‘God’ Pan May Have Been Excavated at Golan National Park
on June 27, 2016 12:48 PM
- More Riots and Stone Throwing on the Temple Mount
on June 27, 2016 12:30 PM
- Sundays Off, Sort Of
on June 27, 2016 9:39 AM
- MK Zoabi: Reparations to Turks an Israeli Admission of Murder
on June 27, 2016 9:07 AM
- 4 Suicide Bombers in Lebanon Kill 8, a Dozen Wounded [video]
on June 27, 2016 7:22 AM
- El AL Flight to Paris Nearly Departs Without Air Marshals
on June 27, 2016 7:05 AM
- Water Crisis in Samaria Hits Jewish and Arab Residents Alike
on June 27, 2016 6:46 AM
- Helen Mirren Meets Arab and Jewish Students Seeking Peace through the Performing Arts
on June 27, 2016 6:29 AM
- Minor from Yitzhar Freed Again in Latest Legal Ping Pong
on June 26, 2016 8:34 PM
- Israeli Volleyball Judge Indicted for Attempting to Murder the Competition
on June 26, 2016 6:15 PM
- New Mezuza Put up in Maarat HaMachpela
on June 26, 2016 5:12 PM