Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at email@example.com.The author's opinion does not necessarily reflect the opinion of The Jewish Press.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- White House Invites Arab MK Who Blames ‘Occupation’ for Terror
on December 1, 2015 6:15 PM
- Greece to Ignore EU’s Anti-Israel Labeling Rules
on December 1, 2015 5:45 PM
- Israeli Missile May Protect Worldwide Off-Shore Oil Rigs
on December 1, 2015 3:37 PM
- Erdogan to Quit If Putin Proves Claim Turkey Imports Oil From ISIS
on December 1, 2015 3:29 PM
- Best Response to EU Product Labeling: Buy Labeled Products
on December 1, 2015 2:34 PM
- Court Sentences Jew for Arson Attack on Jewish-Arab School
on December 1, 2015 2:10 PM
- Palestinian Authority Government Incites Arab Women in Media Campaign
on December 1, 2015 1:15 PM
- UPDATE: German Store Sells ‘Made in Israeli’ Goods from Settlements
on December 1, 2015 12:57 PM
- Supreme Court Cancels Terrorist Home Demolition
on December 1, 2015 12:41 PM
- Chassidic New Year’s Celebrations Cheer Up Israel, Cities Around the World
on December 1, 2015 12:06 PM
- Security Passes Being Scrutinized in Paris Airport
on December 1, 2015 10:48 AM
- Rabbinic Court Permits Wedding 2nd Wife over 1st Wife’s Dementia
on December 1, 2015 10:44 AM
- Arab with Knife Caught Near Efrat, Attempted Stabbing Near Einav, Terrorist Killed
on December 1, 2015 10:26 AM
- Lebanon-al Nusra Prisoner Exchange Has Begun
on December 1, 2015 9:33 AM
- Jerusalem Light Rail Attacked by Stone-Throwers in Shuafat
on December 1, 2015 9:29 AM