Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Report: Bullets from Hamas Life-Fore Training Land in Israel
on May 26, 2015 11:21 AM
- Ya’alon Removes Police Siege of Ode Yosef Chai Yeshiva in Shomron
on May 26, 2015 10:46 AM
- President Rivlin Denies He Is Being Honored by Leftist New Israel Fund
on May 26, 2015 10:12 AM
- 5,000-Year-Old Seal in Galilee May Depict First Known Music Scene
on May 26, 2015 9:29 AM
- TZOHAR Condemns Efforts to Depose Rabbi Riskin
on May 25, 2015 8:16 PM
- Bibi Seals Nationalist Policy with Dore Gold Heading Foreign Ministry
on May 25, 2015 5:22 PM
- Report: Rabbinate May Be Plotting to Dump Rabbi Riskin of Efrat
on May 25, 2015 3:27 PM
- Hamas Declares Jerusalem ‘Eternal Capital’ of Islamic World
on May 25, 2015 1:00 PM
- Police Arrest ‘Nice Guy Pizza’ Owner
on May 25, 2015 10:47 AM
- Hezbollah Shows Off Terror Tunnel Threat
on May 25, 2015 10:11 AM
- Court Sentences Olmert to 8 Months in Jail for Talansky Scandal
on May 25, 2015 9:11 AM
- Actress Anne Meara Stiller Dies
on May 25, 2015 7:23 AM
- Hezbollah Chief is Terrified of ISIS
on May 24, 2015 11:22 PM
- 6 Arab Teens Charged with Firebombing Jewish homes
on May 24, 2015 11:00 PM
- ISIS Says it Blew Up Saudi Mosque
on May 24, 2015 10:09 PM