Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.The author's opinion does not necessarily reflect the opinion of The Jewish Press.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Owner of Gaza Smuggling Tunnel on Trial in Israel
on May 1, 2016 7:32 PM
- Departures Resume at Brussels International Airport
on May 1, 2016 7:21 PM
- Israeli Arab Hamas Member Indicted on Terror Charges
on May 1, 2016 6:48 PM
- Pres. Reuven Rivlin to Review Katzav Request for Clemecy
on May 1, 2016 6:14 PM
- Body of Missing Israeli Located in Hungary
on May 1, 2016 6:07 PM
- Russian Orthodox ‘Holy Fire’ Flown to Russia from Jerusalem
on May 1, 2016 2:43 PM
- Shimon Attie Challenging Preconceived Notions about Israel and the ‘Territories’
on May 1, 2016 1:35 PM
- Dead Sea to Yield 7 Million Oil Barrels
on May 1, 2016 12:24 PM
- Police Recommend Medal to Cops Who Shot Neutralized Terrorist
on May 1, 2016 11:42 AM
- Netanyahu Circle Working Overtime to Pushback Claim of German Rift
on May 1, 2016 10:04 AM
- Israel Ambassador to UK Mark Regev Speaks Out on Labour’s Rising Anti-Semitism
on May 1, 2016 7:00 AM
- Israelis Celebrated a Sweet ‘Mimouna’ Saturday Night
on May 1, 2016 1:34 AM
- IDF Clashes with Arab Attackers Along Security Barriers
on May 1, 2016 12:52 AM
- Palestinian Authority Flag Banned — With Others — at Eurovision
on May 1, 2016 12:32 AM
- Diplomatic Sources Say Israeli Ties With Germany Are Strong
on April 30, 2016 11:33 PM