Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
- Kerry’s Talks Achieve Peace Between Hamas and Fatah
on April 23, 2014 5:56 PM
- Ex-Met Council Chief Rapfogel to Plead Guilty in Financial Scam
on April 23, 2014 3:44 PM
- Fatah Official’s Family Disowns Him over Censure of Murder of a Jew
on April 23, 2014 3:30 PM
- 2 Tortured Bodies Found Dumped in Slaviansk, Ukraine
on April 23, 2014 3:16 PM
- Suffolk University Defends Honoring Foxman as Commencement Speaker
on April 23, 2014 2:39 PM
- Eyewitness Report from Ukraine: ‘You Can Feel the Tension in the Air’
on April 23, 2014 1:32 PM
- Common Blood Pressure Drug Prevents Post-TBI Epilepsy
on April 23, 2014 12:46 PM
- It’s Prom Time, and Abbas Must Choose a Dance Partner – Israel or Hamas
on April 23, 2014 12:06 PM
- Israeli-American Journalist Held Hostage in Ukraine
on April 23, 2014 11:24 AM
- Egypt Plays US off Russia, Gets Military Aid Back
on April 23, 2014 11:18 AM
- Shas Continues Petty Attacks Against Rav Amar for Control Over Sephardim
on April 23, 2014 10:34 AM
- More Jewish Sites Vandalized in Ukraine
on April 22, 2014 9:53 PM
- Syria to Hold Presidential Elections
on April 22, 2014 9:25 PM
- Egypt Signing Unprecedented $3 Billion MiG-35 Deal with Russia
on April 22, 2014 8:44 PM
- Missouri’s Jew-Hating Mayor Quits (Video)
on April 22, 2014 8:00 PM