Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.The author's opinion does not necessarily reflect the opinion of The Jewish Press.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
Imported and Older Comments:
- Border Guard Officers Foil Stabbing Attack in Jerusalem
on January 17, 2017 4:28 PM
- Knesset Debates Kashrut Monopoly and the Calls to Privatize It
on January 17, 2017 4:07 PM
- Elbit Awarded Close to $17 Million for BrightNite™ Systems to NATO Country
on January 17, 2017 3:19 PM
- Critically Wounded Armon HaNatziv Soldier Improving
on January 17, 2017 2:52 PM
- Undercover Video Shows Group Planning Stink Bombs at Trump Ball [video]
on January 17, 2017 2:16 PM
- Netanyahu Tells Knesset Session Honoring Shimon Peres: ‘Peace Will Not Be Achieved at Futile Conferences’
on January 17, 2017 11:54 AM
- Watch: IDF Soldier Brutally Attacked by Illegal Migrants [video]
on January 17, 2017 11:22 AM
- Ben Gurion U. Scientists Offer Intriguing Theory on Joshua’s ‘Sun Stand Still’ Miracle
on January 17, 2017 10:54 AM
- Knesset Signatures Secured for MK Basel Ghattas Impeachment
on January 16, 2017 11:53 PM
- EU Warns Trump Not to Move US Embassy To Jerusalem From Tel Aviv
on January 16, 2017 11:41 PM
- IDF Chief of Staff to Undergo Medical Procedure
on January 16, 2017 11:35 PM
- Germany Blames Israeli Presence in Judea, Samaria for Continued Conflict with Palestinian Authority
on January 16, 2017 11:30 PM
- Monkey See, Monkey Flees Ramat Gan Safari
on January 16, 2017 9:23 PM
- Qatar Donates Millions to Save Hamas From Gaza Electricity Crisis
on January 16, 2017 9:10 PM
- El Al Pilots Threaten New Work Slowdown
on January 16, 2017 8:32 PM