Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at email@example.com.The author's opinion does not necessarily reflect the opinion of The Jewish Press.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Arabs Try to Firebomb Car and Bus in Gush Etzion
on August 4, 2015 12:31 AM
- Yet Another Democrat Defects on the Iran Deal
on August 4, 2015 12:07 AM
- Jewish Woman Severely Burned, 2 More Injured in Yet Another Arab Firebombing Attack
on August 4, 2015 12:00 AM
- Getting a Grip on Guilt: It’s Not Always About the Jews
on August 3, 2015 10:01 PM
- New Poll: Americans Oppose Iran Deal 2 – 1
on August 3, 2015 9:45 PM
- Report: Schumer Will Join Republicans and Kill Iran Deal
on August 3, 2015 7:06 PM
- Kerry ‘Knows’ ObamaDeal Will Make the Middle East a Safer Place
on August 3, 2015 6:56 PM
- How Hot Is It? Naftali Bennett Just Demanded Settlement Freeze
on August 3, 2015 6:26 PM
- Two Mortar Shells Explode on Golan Heights
on August 3, 2015 6:13 PM
- Jerusalem Arabs Arrested for Brutally Beating Religious Jewish Couple
on August 3, 2015 5:42 PM
- Al Asqa Mosque Preacher: Jews Train Doctors to Spread Diseases
on August 3, 2015 3:52 PM
- Violent Bulgarian Soccer Fans Chase Israeli Team off the Field [video]
on August 3, 2015 3:10 PM
- Yitzhak Rabin’s Granddaughter Enters ‘Family Business’
on August 3, 2015 3:08 PM
- IDF Shoots to Scare Gaza Arabs Away from Security Fence
on August 3, 2015 3:04 PM
- Iran Openly Refuses UN IAEA Inspectors Access to Military Sites
on August 3, 2015 1:21 PM