Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at email@example.com.The author's opinion does not necessarily reflect the opinion of The Jewish Press.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Netanyahu: No Objection to ‘Civilian” Nuclear Program in Iran
on August 30, 2015 11:01 AM
- Soldier Injured in Suspected Car Attack
on August 30, 2015 1:02 AM
- Monaco Apologizes for Deporting Jews to the Nazis
on August 29, 2015 11:54 PM
- Obama to Jewish Organization Heads: I Understand Israelis Mistrusting Iran
on August 29, 2015 11:43 PM
- Clinton Puts Her Foot in the Mouth (Again) with ‘Boxcar’ Remark
on August 29, 2015 11:37 PM
- Iranian President Says Nuclear Deal a ‘Non-Committal Agreement’
on August 29, 2015 11:01 PM
- Union to Strike Ben Gurion Airport 2 Hours Sunday
on August 29, 2015 10:05 PM
- Official PA Media Calls Huckabee ‘Inane Creature’ and ‘Wicked Man’
on August 29, 2015 9:45 PM
- ‘US and Iranian Cartoon Doves’ Shown Defecating on Bibi by Swiss Amb to Iran
on August 28, 2015 6:57 PM
- Sen. Cotton to Visit Israel for More Ammunition against Iran Deal
on August 28, 2015 2:30 PM
- Princeton U. to Get ‘Plastic’ Eruv [video]
on August 28, 2015 12:55 PM
- WWII-Era Jewish Café Reopens in Shanghai
on August 28, 2015 11:07 AM
- Arab Spring May Be Blowing into Gaza
on August 28, 2015 10:52 AM
- One-Third of Americans in Israel Live in Judea and Samaria
on August 28, 2015 9:51 AM
- State Dept Spox: No Worries, Parchin has No Nuclear Dimensions
on August 28, 2015 4:18 AM