Reuters is calling it a “flare-up,” which seems a relatively benign word for renewed Arab terrorism and Israel’s reluctant response.
(Reuters) – A Gaza sniper shot dead an Israeli civilian over the border on Tuesday and Israel hit back with air strikes on two Hamas training camps which hospital officials said killed a Palestinian girl near one of the targets. The Israeli man, who the military said was working on Israel’s security fence, was the first Israeli killed on the Gaza frontier in more than a year. His death, which drew a swift threat of retaliation from Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, came amid heightened tensions after two suspected Palestinian attacks – a bus bombing near Tel Aviv on Sunday that caused no casualties* and the wounding of an Israeli policeman in a stabbing on Monday.
Air force, tanks and infantry units attacked a site producing weapons and terror infrastructure in southern, central and northern Gaza. Read more here.
He said that two minutes later, a pair of patrol officers arrived. They started helping people get off the bus and away from the scene, but within minutes there was a powerful blast. Bozna said that a patrolwoman was lightly wounded in the blast, with light injuries to her ears caused by the sound of the explosion.
While Israel agreed to free more convicted terrorists just to convince/encourage/bribe the Arabs to sit down and negotiate with us for “peace,” the Arabs have responded with renewed terrorism. Besides the bus Bat Yam bomb and the sniper killing, there was an attempted Arab terror murder of a policeman at the Hizme Jerusalem City Line. B”H, the policeman is recovering but lost his kidney to the stabbing.
This attack caused major traffic problems for hours. Don’t let the darkness fool you and make you think that it happened late at night. It was actually mid-afternoon in one of the shortest days of the year. My fellow blogger and f2f friend, A Soldier’s Mother lists quite a few terror attacks that took place this week within 30 hours.
In the last 30 hours in Israel…
- A short time ago, a man was murdered. He was fixing a fence that separates Israel from Gaza and Palestinians opened fire on the civilian…and killed him. In the civilized world, that’s called cold-blooded murder.
- As a response – Israel told its civilians to stay away from the border fence…gee, there’s a great response.
- A police office was stabbed in the back last night by a Palestinian. Now, that might not be considered cold-blooded murderer…because thankfully, the man didn’t die but stabbing someone in the back…yeah, that’s cold and it’s also cowardly.
- A firebomb was thrown at an Israeli vehicle…
- A rocket was fired and crashed in Ashkelon, thankfully, no injuries.
- A mortar was fired from Gaza as well.
- A bomb was placed on a bus in Bat Yam…only a police officer attempting to defuse the bomb was injured…because the passengers noticed a suspicious object and told the bus driver. He quickly evacuated the bus…likely saving his own life and that of his 12 passengers.
- Arabs attempted to attack/stab guards near the Mishor Adumim checkpoint – the guards noticed that the Arabs were armed and took action, capturing the Arabs while avoiding injury.
Are we supposed to be panicking? I’m glad that the IDF is responding, but our Government should do more. It should send the American “facilitators,” aka US Secretary of State Kerry and crew packing. This is no time for negotiations. Peace will not be achieved any time in the near future. By consistently ignoring the Arab terrorist policy we just encourage them and cause more terrorism.