December 20, 2014 / 28 Kislev, 5775

8000 meals Celebrate Eight Days of Chanukah – With 8,000 Free Meals Daily to Israel’s Poor

Join Meir Panim’s campaign to “light up” Chanukah for families in need.

Turkish Israeli Leaders Speak Out About Turkish Spring

Turkish Israelis protesting Erdogan government actions in Istanbul.

Turkish Israelis protesting Erdogan government actions in Istanbul.

Visit United with Israel

About the Author: Rachel Avraham is a news editor and political analyst for Jerusalem Online News, the English language internet edition of Israel's Channel 2 News. She completed her masters degree in Middle Eastern Studies at Ben-Gurion University. The subject of her MA thesis was: "Women and Jihad: Debating Palestinian Female Suicide Bombings in the American, Israeli and Arab media."

11 Responses to “Turkish Israeli Leaders Speak Out About Turkish Spring”

1. Demka Lukic says:

As a Croatian, I can not help but think how much disgust I have towards ZIONISTS like you Rachael.

2. Demka Lukic says:

How sad? How sad that poor Israelis don't see a future in an Islamic country? Hello! Turkey is a known Islamic country! What's all this bullshi* about not having a future in turkey?

3. Lisa Michelle says:

The hypocrisy here is stunning. On the one hand, The Jewish Press and the author here, Rachel Avraham of United with Israel, describe the hostility that Erdogan has incited against Jews, who have come under attack and been blamed for the recent protests in Turkey. On the other hand, they promote on their sites the writings of so-called Turkish "peace activists" such as Ms. Sinem Tezyapar, who condone and support Erdogan's recent actions and rule, call the protesters "communists," and promote a Turkish Islamic union and a Fatah-Hamas one as well. These so-called "peace activists" have contributed numerous opinion pieces to both The Jewish Press and United with Israel. Of course, their agenda of a Turkish Islamic union, a new Ottoman Empire, would obliterate Israel's sovereignty, essentially wiping it off the map, which would reduce Jews to dhimmitude status or worse.

Can you please tell your readers, Ms. Avraham, how you reconcile these two diametrically conflicting positions and whose side you're on?

4. Steve says:

Because in the Opinion sections of newspapers all around the world, opposing and conflicting op-ed pieces are often presented, so readers can learn and understand the various different viewpoints on the issues, as well as to introduce debate on complex topics.

5. Interesting, where does Rachel Avraham (with whom I'm in agreement) stand with the Jewish Press decision to throw their lot in with the likes of Sinem Tezyapar and the cult she belongs to, of Adnan Oktar, who shill for the Erdogan government? Cultist shills for erdogan heaped with kudos…while the reality of Erdogan's Islamo-paradise is properly disected. The JP can't have it both ways.

6. Lisa Michelle says:

The Jewish Press has censored and blocked me from beginning my own thread, so I'll try it this way under another comment instead. Ms. Avraham, can you please explain to us where you stand on the issue of a Turkish Islamic union? Have your views changed any since you last promoted the works of Adnan Oktar's disciples?

7. Stephen Leavitt says:

Actually, your friend was not blocked and censored for her zealous obsession with the Turks.

Your friend was blocked after the very rude and crass comments that were made to one of our editors by her and her friends.

When, after being asked, and then being warned, and still no apology was forthcoming, for stepping over the line of basic decency, your friend was banned.

We have no problem with presenting opposing views in the op-eds, blogs or comments (even your comment is still here) – even when those views are obsessively repeated over and over and over, as your friend has done.

But I personally will not accept a disgusting and libelous attack against one of my editors in this paper.

If your friend can't talk like a decent human being, then she can go elsewhere.

8. Liad Bar-el says:

Way to go, Emet Davis for fighting for the truth.

9. Kenneth and Lisa, I support Sinem's desire, as well as her group, to promote peaceful coexistence between Jews and Muslims. I don't support them when it comes to what they have said regarding these latest protests. I stand with the Turkish protesters in their desire to have Erdogan resign, as I demonstrated in my article about standing in solidarity with the Turkish people or my article speaking about how these protests are good for Israel. Any one who knows me knows that I hate Erdogan and support the Kemalists taking over Turkey once again. I interviewed Sinem and some of her friends in the past because I think it is nice to publish Muslims making pro-Israel statements, yet I didn't agree with what they had to say about the protests and any one who has read my three latest articles on Turkey will know that. I have spoken to Sinem and her group many times and I don't think they are anti-Israel based on the conversations that we have had. However, I don't agree with every thing they have to say and I especially don't agree with them that the Turkish protesters are communists that shouldn't be supported.

10. Kenneth and Lisa, I support Sinem's desire, as well as her group, to promote peaceful coexistence between Jews and Muslims. I don't support them when it comes to what they have said regarding these latest protests. I stand with the Turkish protesters in their desire to have Erdogan resign, as I demonstrated in my article about standing in solidarity with the Turkish people or my article speaking about how these protests are good for Israel. Any one who knows me knows that I hate Erdogan and support the Kemalists taking over Turkey once again. I interviewed Sinem and some of her friends in the past because I think it is nice to publish Muslims making pro-Israel statements, yet I didn't agree with what they had to say about the protests and any one who has read my three latest articles on Turkey will know that. I have spoken to Sinem and her group many times and I don't think they are anti-Israel based on the conversations that we have had. However, I don't agree with every thing they have to say and I especially don't agree with them that the Turkish protesters are communists that shouldn't be supported.

UWI blog logo
Posted to Twitter in Ferguson, MO by St. Louis County Police: "Bricks thrown at police, 2 police cars burned, gun seized by police. Tonight was disappointing."  Their motto is, "To protect and serve."
Prosecutor in Ferguson Case: ‘Witnesses Lied Under Oath’
Alan Gross (L)

Did Cuba apologize for their spies the way Israel apologized for Pollard?

Torah scroll. (illustrative only)

Nothing binds Jews together more than Torah observance; Or so one would think.

tinsel-314750_1280

Sukkah tinsel decorations enjoy a robust market but are invariably manufactured for “another”holiday

PM Benjamin Netanyahu with Yishai and Tamar Fogel, survivors of an Arab terror attack which killed their parents and 3 siblings.

A number of Israeli papers regurgitated a biased AP article on settlement growth, but they should have read it more carefully before hitting publish.

Many of the battles of the Maccabees were right here in the Shiloh area.

Both Labor and Likud are expected to get more seats in the upcoming elections.

Get a straight answer from Edward de Bono to the question: What is lateral thinking?

Jewish communities worldwide commemorate Yehudit during Chanukah by eating dairy foods in her honor

Israel’s problem isn’t Indyk, Obama, UN, NGOs or even the media; Our problem is much closer to home.

None of the attacks on Jewish & property should come as a surprise in light of the Temple Mount.

No surprise! Israel is now being blamed for Ziad Abu Ein’s death.

How does the new U.S. tax amnesty affect American citizens living in Israel and abroad?

The party chiefs are acting drunk and childish – making stupid mistakes and inadvertently showing their true selves – just like on Purim.

A day dedicated to Torah&tradition; a day of great joy and of great sadness- a brit and a burial.

Who was this Minister of Rage, Ziad abu Ein, and what did he do to qualify for his position as a senior minister in the PA?

JoeSettler explains the electoral mess we’re in, and a possible solution for fixing it.