May 24, 2015 / 6 Sivan, 5775

Turkish Israeli Leaders Speak Out About Turkish Spring

Turkish Israelis protesting Erdogan government actions in Istanbul.

Turkish Israelis protesting Erdogan government actions in Istanbul.

Visit United with Israel

About the Author: Rachel Avraham is a news editor and political analyst for Jerusalem Online News, the English language internet edition of Israel's Channel 2 News. She completed her masters degree in Middle Eastern Studies at Ben-Gurion University. The subject of her MA thesis was: "Women and Jihad: Debating Palestinian Female Suicide Bombings in the American, Israeli and Arab media."

11 Responses to “Turkish Israeli Leaders Speak Out About Turkish Spring”

1. Demka Lukic says:

As a Croatian, I can not help but think how much disgust I have towards ZIONISTS like you Rachael.

2. Demka Lukic says:

How sad? How sad that poor Israelis don't see a future in an Islamic country? Hello! Turkey is a known Islamic country! What's all this bullshi* about not having a future in turkey?

3. Lisa Michelle says:

The hypocrisy here is stunning. On the one hand, The Jewish Press and the author here, Rachel Avraham of United with Israel, describe the hostility that Erdogan has incited against Jews, who have come under attack and been blamed for the recent protests in Turkey. On the other hand, they promote on their sites the writings of so-called Turkish "peace activists" such as Ms. Sinem Tezyapar, who condone and support Erdogan's recent actions and rule, call the protesters "communists," and promote a Turkish Islamic union and a Fatah-Hamas one as well. These so-called "peace activists" have contributed numerous opinion pieces to both The Jewish Press and United with Israel. Of course, their agenda of a Turkish Islamic union, a new Ottoman Empire, would obliterate Israel's sovereignty, essentially wiping it off the map, which would reduce Jews to dhimmitude status or worse.

Can you please tell your readers, Ms. Avraham, how you reconcile these two diametrically conflicting positions and whose side you're on?

4. Steve says:

Because in the Opinion sections of newspapers all around the world, opposing and conflicting op-ed pieces are often presented, so readers can learn and understand the various different viewpoints on the issues, as well as to introduce debate on complex topics.

5. Interesting, where does Rachel Avraham (with whom I'm in agreement) stand with the Jewish Press decision to throw their lot in with the likes of Sinem Tezyapar and the cult she belongs to, of Adnan Oktar, who shill for the Erdogan government? Cultist shills for erdogan heaped with kudos…while the reality of Erdogan's Islamo-paradise is properly disected. The JP can't have it both ways.

6. Lisa Michelle says:

The Jewish Press has censored and blocked me from beginning my own thread, so I'll try it this way under another comment instead. Ms. Avraham, can you please explain to us where you stand on the issue of a Turkish Islamic union? Have your views changed any since you last promoted the works of Adnan Oktar's disciples?

7. Stephen Leavitt says:

Actually, your friend was not blocked and censored for her zealous obsession with the Turks.

Your friend was blocked after the very rude and crass comments that were made to one of our editors by her and her friends.

When, after being asked, and then being warned, and still no apology was forthcoming, for stepping over the line of basic decency, your friend was banned.

We have no problem with presenting opposing views in the op-eds, blogs or comments (even your comment is still here) – even when those views are obsessively repeated over and over and over, as your friend has done.

But I personally will not accept a disgusting and libelous attack against one of my editors in this paper.

If your friend can't talk like a decent human being, then she can go elsewhere.

8. Liad Bar-el says:

Way to go, Emet Davis for fighting for the truth.

9. Kenneth and Lisa, I support Sinem's desire, as well as her group, to promote peaceful coexistence between Jews and Muslims. I don't support them when it comes to what they have said regarding these latest protests. I stand with the Turkish protesters in their desire to have Erdogan resign, as I demonstrated in my article about standing in solidarity with the Turkish people or my article speaking about how these protests are good for Israel. Any one who knows me knows that I hate Erdogan and support the Kemalists taking over Turkey once again. I interviewed Sinem and some of her friends in the past because I think it is nice to publish Muslims making pro-Israel statements, yet I didn't agree with what they had to say about the protests and any one who has read my three latest articles on Turkey will know that. I have spoken to Sinem and her group many times and I don't think they are anti-Israel based on the conversations that we have had. However, I don't agree with every thing they have to say and I especially don't agree with them that the Turkish protesters are communists that shouldn't be supported.

10. Kenneth and Lisa, I support Sinem's desire, as well as her group, to promote peaceful coexistence between Jews and Muslims. I don't support them when it comes to what they have said regarding these latest protests. I stand with the Turkish protesters in their desire to have Erdogan resign, as I demonstrated in my article about standing in solidarity with the Turkish people or my article speaking about how these protests are good for Israel. Any one who knows me knows that I hate Erdogan and support the Kemalists taking over Turkey once again. I interviewed Sinem and some of her friends in the past because I think it is nice to publish Muslims making pro-Israel statements, yet I didn't agree with what they had to say about the protests and any one who has read my three latest articles on Turkey will know that. I have spoken to Sinem and her group many times and I don't think they are anti-Israel based on the conversations that we have had. However, I don't agree with every thing they have to say and I especially don't agree with them that the Turkish protesters are communists that shouldn't be supported.

UWI blog logo
Tzipi Hotovely, new Deputy Foreign Minister.
Foreign Minister Hotovely: Tell the World ‘God Gave Israel to the Jews’
Rabbi Levinger (zt"l)

Torah is to be lived. Rabbi Moshe Levinger was a completely living Torah, the Torah of Eretz Yisrael

Tadmor - Yerushalmi

“Said Rabbi Yochanan: Happy are those who see the fall of Tadmor…” (Talmud Yerushalmi)

Kadima MK Tzahi Hanegbi is looking to come home to the Likud he abandoned a few years ago.

Why has Prime Minister Netanyahu given Erdan & Hanegbi insultingly low-level cabinet appointments?

Rabbi Levinger in blue, seated with the author

Without Israel, the Jewish People are scattered nomads lacking Torah’s true national grandeur&power

Will it get better/worse for Bibi or does the wily Bibi know/plan something that will shock us all?

Dr. Vernon Smith, 2002 Economics Nobel Prize winner, on predicting housing markets & economic issues

100% of the ‘First Responders’ helping those Arab school girls were Jewish and they didn’t hesitate!

Women equalizing with men in all areas of Judaism is anathema to the very idea of male/female roles.

Bibi endorsing the “2 State Solution” endangers Israel, moving the policy Center-Right from far Left

Dear Opposition Members… You seem confused… Let me clear it up for you… You lost.

A tribute to Jerusalem by its finest troubador, David Herman.

Do the food giants really care about our health? Are consumers now eating healthier food?

If other pleasures exceed the joy we feel for Jerusalem, then something is wrong with our Judaism.

There will be peace when we listen to G-d and do want he tells us to do – all for our very own good.

We will celebrate and thank the L-rd for our blessings, determined to truly liberate our Holy sites

For the record, the grand total of Jewish grandmothers in Israel that have blown up ANYTHING: ZERO!

More Articles from Rachel Avraham
1024px-Donna_Edwards_at_victory_rally,_February_13,_2008

Edwards is rated #4 by the Arab-American Institute for her pro-Palestine pro-Arab voting record.

saudi_lady_drivers_2013

A Saudi woman’s like a queen without a chauffeur, driven around by Saudi men whenever she commands

“Most of the Palestinians in Judea&Samaria are former Jews, converted by force by the Ottomans.”

Jewish communities worldwide commemorate Yehudit during Chanukah by eating dairy foods in her honor

In Jordan,Palestinians are discriminated in every field: education; healthcare; employment; business

Living is Israel is costlier than in other countries but how will your kids grow up in the diaspora?

Given these statistics, I feel that it is not worth it to live in the United States.

Pro-Israel groups must broaden their coalitions and feature more pro-Israel minority speakers.

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/blogs/united-with-israel/turkish-israeli-leaders-speak-out-about-turkish-spring/2013/06/09/