April 27, 2015 / 8 Iyar, 5775

Turkish Israeli Leaders Speak Out About Turkish Spring

Turkish Israelis protesting Erdogan government actions in Istanbul.

Turkish Israelis protesting Erdogan government actions in Istanbul.

Visit United with Israel

About the Author: Rachel Avraham is a news editor and political analyst for Jerusalem Online News, the English language internet edition of Israel's Channel 2 News. She completed her masters degree in Middle Eastern Studies at Ben-Gurion University. The subject of her MA thesis was: "Women and Jihad: Debating Palestinian Female Suicide Bombings in the American, Israeli and Arab media."

11 Responses to “Turkish Israeli Leaders Speak Out About Turkish Spring”

1. Demka Lukic says:

As a Croatian, I can not help but think how much disgust I have towards ZIONISTS like you Rachael.

2. Demka Lukic says:

How sad? How sad that poor Israelis don't see a future in an Islamic country? Hello! Turkey is a known Islamic country! What's all this bullshi* about not having a future in turkey?

3. Lisa Michelle says:

The hypocrisy here is stunning. On the one hand, The Jewish Press and the author here, Rachel Avraham of United with Israel, describe the hostility that Erdogan has incited against Jews, who have come under attack and been blamed for the recent protests in Turkey. On the other hand, they promote on their sites the writings of so-called Turkish "peace activists" such as Ms. Sinem Tezyapar, who condone and support Erdogan's recent actions and rule, call the protesters "communists," and promote a Turkish Islamic union and a Fatah-Hamas one as well. These so-called "peace activists" have contributed numerous opinion pieces to both The Jewish Press and United with Israel. Of course, their agenda of a Turkish Islamic union, a new Ottoman Empire, would obliterate Israel's sovereignty, essentially wiping it off the map, which would reduce Jews to dhimmitude status or worse.

Can you please tell your readers, Ms. Avraham, how you reconcile these two diametrically conflicting positions and whose side you're on?

4. Steve says:

Because in the Opinion sections of newspapers all around the world, opposing and conflicting op-ed pieces are often presented, so readers can learn and understand the various different viewpoints on the issues, as well as to introduce debate on complex topics.

5. Interesting, where does Rachel Avraham (with whom I'm in agreement) stand with the Jewish Press decision to throw their lot in with the likes of Sinem Tezyapar and the cult she belongs to, of Adnan Oktar, who shill for the Erdogan government? Cultist shills for erdogan heaped with kudos…while the reality of Erdogan's Islamo-paradise is properly disected. The JP can't have it both ways.

6. Lisa Michelle says:

The Jewish Press has censored and blocked me from beginning my own thread, so I'll try it this way under another comment instead. Ms. Avraham, can you please explain to us where you stand on the issue of a Turkish Islamic union? Have your views changed any since you last promoted the works of Adnan Oktar's disciples?

7. Stephen Leavitt says:

Actually, your friend was not blocked and censored for her zealous obsession with the Turks.

Your friend was blocked after the very rude and crass comments that were made to one of our editors by her and her friends.

When, after being asked, and then being warned, and still no apology was forthcoming, for stepping over the line of basic decency, your friend was banned.

We have no problem with presenting opposing views in the op-eds, blogs or comments (even your comment is still here) – even when those views are obsessively repeated over and over and over, as your friend has done.

But I personally will not accept a disgusting and libelous attack against one of my editors in this paper.

If your friend can't talk like a decent human being, then she can go elsewhere.

8. Liad Bar-el says:

Way to go, Emet Davis for fighting for the truth.

9. Kenneth and Lisa, I support Sinem's desire, as well as her group, to promote peaceful coexistence between Jews and Muslims. I don't support them when it comes to what they have said regarding these latest protests. I stand with the Turkish protesters in their desire to have Erdogan resign, as I demonstrated in my article about standing in solidarity with the Turkish people or my article speaking about how these protests are good for Israel. Any one who knows me knows that I hate Erdogan and support the Kemalists taking over Turkey once again. I interviewed Sinem and some of her friends in the past because I think it is nice to publish Muslims making pro-Israel statements, yet I didn't agree with what they had to say about the protests and any one who has read my three latest articles on Turkey will know that. I have spoken to Sinem and her group many times and I don't think they are anti-Israel based on the conversations that we have had. However, I don't agree with every thing they have to say and I especially don't agree with them that the Turkish protesters are communists that shouldn't be supported.

10. Kenneth and Lisa, I support Sinem's desire, as well as her group, to promote peaceful coexistence between Jews and Muslims. I don't support them when it comes to what they have said regarding these latest protests. I stand with the Turkish protesters in their desire to have Erdogan resign, as I demonstrated in my article about standing in solidarity with the Turkish people or my article speaking about how these protests are good for Israel. Any one who knows me knows that I hate Erdogan and support the Kemalists taking over Turkey once again. I interviewed Sinem and some of her friends in the past because I think it is nice to publish Muslims making pro-Israel statements, yet I didn't agree with what they had to say about the protests and any one who has read my three latest articles on Turkey will know that. I have spoken to Sinem and her group many times and I don't think they are anti-Israel based on the conversations that we have had. However, I don't agree with every thing they have to say and I especially don't agree with them that the Turkish protesters are communists that shouldn't be supported.

UWI blog logo
Fighters from the Al Qaeda-linked radical Islamist Al-Nusra rebel group in Syria.
Sources: Al Qaeda Bombed Hezbollah and Framed Israel
A Soldier's Mother

My final reaction remains – who builds a mountain of ashes, who turns it into a “tourist” site?

to bibi or not to bibi

Is the recent increase in Arab terror attacks related to the fact that there’s no new government?

HaAchim Gat playing Beit Shemesh

They called it “religious coercion” but it was really “secular coercion” and secular intolerance.

So excited to be a dual- citizen!

One exciting element of traveling is that it was my first time ever doing so as a dual-citizen!

Attackers of this innocent religious solider had been brainwashed that Israel is evil & illegitimate

How can you take care of the one you love and look after your finances at the same time?

Celebrating 67 years of democratic independence, surviving wars&threats; so much to be thankful for!

He was a Torah giant, uniquely exemplifying the Hashkafa of Torah U’Mada (Torah & worldly knowledge)

All Israel walks beside them, holding them in our hearts, listening, our hearts breaking with theirs

I’ve felt that if only we had established these communities sooner, then the victims would not have been killed

Is inflation always bad for the economy, and why is deflation not always an ideal situation?

It is the character of the individual that counts, not his sexual preferences.

Bibi gives a great speech, especially when talking to foreigners, but on policy, he’s very weak.

One of us had the chutzpah to ask him to join the ball game. He said okay and he played aggressively.

Watch this Doug Goldstein video to learn how easy it’s to open a US brokerage account from overseas.

An Israeli TV show about Holocaust Day asserted the Holocaust is/was a European not Jewish tragedy

More Articles from Rachel Avraham
1024px-Donna_Edwards_at_victory_rally,_February_13,_2008

Edwards is rated #4 by the Arab-American Institute for her pro-Palestine pro-Arab voting record.

saudi_lady_drivers_2013

A Saudi woman’s like a queen without a chauffeur, driven around by Saudi men whenever she commands

“Most of the Palestinians in Judea&Samaria are former Jews, converted by force by the Ottomans.”

Jewish communities worldwide commemorate Yehudit during Chanukah by eating dairy foods in her honor

In Jordan,Palestinians are discriminated in every field: education; healthcare; employment; business

Living is Israel is costlier than in other countries but how will your kids grow up in the diaspora?

Given these statistics, I feel that it is not worth it to live in the United States.

Pro-Israel groups must broaden their coalitions and feature more pro-Israel minority speakers.

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/blogs/united-with-israel/turkish-israeli-leaders-speak-out-about-turkish-spring/2013/06/09/