December 23, 2014 / 1 Tevet, 5775

8000 meals Celebrate Eight Days of Chanukah – With 8,000 Free Meals Daily to Israel’s Poor

Join Meir Panim’s campaign to “light up” Chanukah for families in need.

It’s OK for Sarah Silverman to Wear a Cross

Does anyone among our readers feel outrage at the image of this Jewish girl from upstate New York with a cross around her neck?

Sarah Silverman with the offending cross on the W. Kamau Bell "Totally Biased" show on FXX.

An article in YourJewishNews.com suggests: “Jews outraged after Sarah Silverman wears cross necklace during television interview.”

In a September appearance on “Totally Biased,” a less-than-funny FXX interview show with African-American comic wannabe W. Kamau Bell, the princess of circa 1995 outrage Sarah Silverman talked about how cruel are those “roasts” she starts in, where one’s colleagues as well as perfect strangers from the funny industry make fun of every possible aspect your body and soul. It wasn’t particularly interesting, frankly. It’s been a few years since I’ve heard Silverman tell a fresh, truly funny joke. Mostly she’s been busy attacking Republicans and elderly Florida Jews.

The only reason I went to the You Tube clip – which I can’t embed here or even link to, because of a few lines that would surely get me in trouble – was the buildup in the Shifra Unger story at YJN.

Shifra wrote: “Jews are expressing their anger after Jewish celebrity Sarah Silverman was seen on a television interview wearing a gold cross necklace, according to video uploaded to the Internet.”

And she’s right, I’m enclosing here a screen shot that shows SS with the offending cross. But who are those Jewish multitudes Shifra is writing about? Because she didn’t cite even one, singular, solitary Jew other than herself.

See, I was expecting at least the usual suspects: Abe Foxman, Abe Cooper, or at least our own Rabbi Yaakov Rosenblatt, whose open letter to Sarah so enraged her father, Donald, that it brought back his Tourette Syndrome.

But Shifra had none of those. Which, in my opinion, is reason enough to change the headline of her story to “Shifra outraged after Sarah Silverman wears cross necklace during television interview.”

The same Donald Silverman, the raging dad, responding to an item in Heeb magazine, wrote: “I told sarah that her nana (long passed) wanted to know about the cross. Sarah told me to tell nana she’s still a Jew. It came from something she wore on a movie set.”

OK, not my job to tell people you should take off symbols belonging to a religion that used them while burning alive Jews across several continents—that’s what ghostly nanas are for. But her sister, the famous Reform Rabbi Susan Silverman, also added:

“I’m her rabbi sister and called her and asked WTF? She got it, like our dad said, on a recent movie set and she just liked that it pointed to her [popular slang word meaning mammary glands]. Oy. :-)”

That aside, does anyone among our readers feel even a tinge of sadness, much less full blown outrage at the image of this Jewish girl from New Hampshire (I wrote originally ‘upstate New York,’ until Howard Graubard from Brooklyn set me right) with a cross around her neck?

Frankly, the most I’m feeling is a sense of relief. And a kind of twisted national pride: as long as Sarah Silverman kept her somewhat Jewish personality, her material was pretty strong. I liked her outrageous lyrics: “I love you more than bears love honey / I love you more than Jews love money / I love you more than Asians are good at math.” It has racial bias coupled with stereotypes, and in the context of a young girl’s love song it’s funny. But now that Sarah is going Christian, the same stuff comes across kind of antisemitic…

In any event, if Sarah is leaving us – which she has done anyway, a long time ago – it’s all good. The goyim could use a person with a good sense of humor, and we have plenty of ‘em to spare.

Somebody tell Shifra Unger ain’t none of us Jews outraged, false alarm.

About the Author: Yori Yanover has been a working journalist since age 17, before he enlisted and worked for Ba'Machane Nachal. Since then he has worked for Israel Shelanu, the US supplement of Yedioth, JCN18.com, USAJewish.com, Lubavitch News Service, Arutz 7 (as DJ on the high seas), and the Grand Street News. He has published Dancing and Crying, a colorful and intimate portrait of the last two years in the life of the late Lubavitch Rebbe, (in Hebrew), and two fun books in English: The Cabalist's Daughter: A Novel of Practical Messianic Redemption, and How Would God REALLY Vote.

203 Responses to “It’s OK for Sarah Silverman to Wear a Cross”

1. Beryl Cohen says:

yes, I do feel outrage. BUT, I don’t think that I have the right to feel so strongly about her choice.

2. Beryl Cohen says:

Yes, I do feel outrage. BUT, I don’t think that I have the right to feel so strongly about her choice.

3. Shira Louis Yashin says:

She’s not funny, she’s not smart, and she’s not Jewish anyway. No loss.

4. She’s not funny, she’s not smart, and she’s not Jewish anyway. No loss.

5. She’s not funny, she’s not smart, and she’s not Jewish anyway. No loss.

6. She’s not funny, she’s not smart, and she’s not Jewish anyway. No loss.

7. Livia Birnbaum Rothman says:

8. Boy, this is some way to get attention! Celebrities are always wanting to do that, I guess she can’t get nought attention with her jokes.

9. Boy, this is some way to get attention! Celebrities are always wanting to do that, I guess she can’t get nought attention with her jokes.

10. Boy, this is some way to get attention! Celebrities are always wanting to do that, I guess she can’t get nought attention with her jokes.

11. Faye Stiller Sued says:

12. Sarah Silverman is a shock Jock she does everything to push the envelope. Jews of Hollywood NEVER STAND UP OUTRAGED when Anti Semitic occurrences happen. The biggest one of all Barbara Walters. Never Ever backs the Jews. she has a platform everyday on the show “The View” Please get over it.

13. Sarah Silverman is a shock Jock she does everything to push the envelope. Jews of Hollywood NEVER STAND UP OUTRAGED when Anti Semitic occurrences happen. The biggest one of all Barbara Walters. Never Ever backs the Jews. she has a platform everyday on the show “The View” Please get over it.

14. Sarah Silverman is a shock Jock she does everything to push the envelope. Jews of Hollywood NEVER STAND UP OUTRAGED when Anti Semitic occurrences happen. The biggest one of all Barbara Walters. Never Ever backs the Jews. she has a platform everyday on the show “The View” Please get over it.

15. Jane Samuelson Ellis says:

Who cares?

16. Josh Barrack says:

The only question I have, is what kind of cemetery they’ll put her carcass in when she dies unmourned. I feel bad for her parents. I’d opt for an honor killing if my daughter turned out this deranged. Christianity was created to wipe out Judaism, and kapos like this are their attack dogs.

17. Josh Barrack says:

18. Josh Barrack says:

19. bat211 says:

I don’t like it. I also don’t like people such as Sarah Michelle Gellar who won’t even admit who they are.

20. Eugenio A. Alonso says:

Why give this yenta any publicity?

21. Why give this yenta any publicity?

22. Why give this yenta any publicity?

23. Myriam Obadia says:

Quite frankly, I couldn't possibly care less. She, George Soros, and a few others seem to be Jewish only through the accident of birth and certainly not by any conscious choice or moral backbone.

24. Josh Ram says:

unless she comes to quebec

25. Josh Ram says:

unless she comes to quebec

26. Josh Ram says:

unless she comes to quebec

27. Please let Sarah Silverman, being possibly Jewish, wear the cross.
    Her name indicates Ashkenazim origin.
    Don't make such a fuss about this.
    Be proud that Sarah is doing her own thing and not giving in to the peer pressure of the so-called chosen ones.
    What about non-Jews wearing a Magen David? I see or hear nowhere a protest about this Zionist emblem, even when goyim are wearing these.
    By the way, he is a real Jew, who is having the DNA of Abraham!

28. Marianna Mujnoo says:

Wearing a cross I am fine with, it is the breathing part I am not ok with ; )

29. Wearing a cross I am fine with, it is the breathing part I am not ok with ; )

30. Hadassah DeJack says:

@Shira Louis Yashin i guess her sister the rabbi isn’t jewish either.  just because yids don’t hold to your level of observance doesn’t make them not jewish.  it isn’t the female rabbis and intermarriage that are going to undermine the fabric of judaism- it is people like you who publicly criticize other members of the tribe and call them ‘not jewish.’

31. David Blatt says:

Do I really care?

32. Marianna Mujnoo says:

33. @Josh Barrack … You need to go back and read and study … your ignorance is not bliss you are a bigot and disgusting excuse for a human being … you should go to join the evil side and follow allah … I had the unfortunate experience to view your opinions elsewhere and now here … I do not feel as bad for your daughter with a honor killing as I do with her having you as father

34. @Josh Barrack … You need to go back and read and study … your ignorance is not bliss you are a bigot and disgusting excuse for a human being … you should go to join the evil side and follow allah … I had the unfortunate experience to view your opinions elsewhere and now here … I do not feel as bad for your daughter with a honor killing as I do with her having you as father

35. Marianna Mujnoo says:

36. @Josh Barrack … You need to go back and read and study … your ignorance is not bliss you are a bigot and disgusting excuse for a human being … you should go to join the evil side and follow allah … I had the unfortunate experience to view your opinions elsewhere and now here … I do not feel as bad for your daughter with a honor killing as I do with her having you as father

37. @Josh Barrack … You need to go back and read and study … your ignorance is not bliss you are a bigot and disgusting excuse for a human being … you should go to join the evil side and follow allah … I had the unfortunate experience to view your opinions elsewhere and now here … I do not feel as bad for your daughter with a honor killing as I do with her having you as father

38. Menachem Rephun says:

39. She’s irritating as hell and keeps creating chillulei hashem with her grating shtick

40. She’s irritating as hell and keeps creating chillulei hashem with her grating shtick

41. Menachem Rephun says:

You have the right to feel strongly about anything you want to

42. You have the right to feel strongly about anything you want to

43. You have the right to feel strongly about anything you want to

44. Dan Silagi says:

Yori, I'm glad you gave your consent allowing Sarah Silverman to wear a cross. I'm sure this is gonna make her day; some Kahanist now living in Israel has given his blessing, satirical as it was. As she's Reform, she's not Jewish anyway, at least according to your and your fellow frummies, so what's the big deal?

45. Menachem Rephun says:

46. Feeling strongly about something is fine as long as it isn’t imposing your will on people or forcing them to accept your values

47. Feeling strongly about something is fine as long as it isn’t imposing your will on people or forcing them to accept your values

48. Menachem Rephun says:

She’s not really Jewish?

49. She’s not really Jewish?

50. She’s not really Jewish?

51. Menachem Rephun says:

I don’t like her but as far as I know she’s Jewish

52. I don’t like her but as far as I know she’s Jewish

53. I don’t like her but as far as I know she’s Jewish

54. Millie Kashuk says:

Sara Silverman does not represent a true Jewish Woman……In fact she
    does not represent anything related to our heritage. I am sad for her!!
    She does not belong anyplace or anywhere…We all pay a price for our actions.

55. Shira Louis Yashin says:

Her mother is not Jewish.

56. Her mother is not Jewish.

57. Her mother is not Jewish.

58. Ari Louis says:

Sarah Silverman is nto Jewish..oh Thank G-D!

59. Ari Louis says:

Sarah Silverman is nto Jewish..oh Thank G-D!

60. Ari Louis says:

Sarah Silverman is nto Jewish..oh Thank G-D!

61. Ari Louis says:

not*

62. Wanda Jimenez says:

So what if she's wearing a cross? Other people are exposing and showing body parts and that's ok and the cross is a symbol of Jesus a Jew who was murdered by his own people. I know if people who wear tattoos and are Jews. Listen, let's get it straight. Let's follow the commandments and be good people and stop fighting over material stuff. There's alot of evil going on in this world and hatred. Let's focus on love peace and unity. Just remember, we are born alone and die alone and no one 100 years from now will care whether we wore underwear a, sox, shoes, panties or whatever. What matters is that we are right with Yeshuah – G-d..

63. Devlyn Testarossa says:

FEH

64. Hank P. Young says:

65. I don’t think she’s doing it because it has real meaning to her. She’s just another celebrity trying to stir the pot and get someone to write about her[ see it's worked].

66. I don’t think she’s doing it because it has real meaning to her. She’s just another celebrity trying to stir the pot and get someone to write about her[ see it's worked].

67. Samuel Ramos says:

Who cares.

68. Shira Louis Yashin says:

69. Well, the article I saw saying that her mother is not Jewish now says she is, so who knows.

70. Well, the article I saw saying that her mother is not Jewish now says she is, so who knows.

71. Doug Kraft says:

I can’t stand this foul excuse for a Jew. What an example of a self hating deranged example of a human being. No one fails like Sarah Silverman.

72. Doug Kraft says:

73. Earl W. Littlefield Jr says:

Symbolic idiocy…. Did Jews "learn from the past" or learn to repeat the past? Applying a centuries old mind-set to today's youth is spiritual rejection of GOD, regardless of who does it For Christians to tell their children that "..it was the Jews who killed Christ…" denies their own sins the same as "OK, not my job to tell people you should take off symbols belonging to a religion that used them while burning alive Jews across several continents—that’s what ghostly nanas are for…" does for Jews….

Every Jew, at any level of observance, impacts the entire Jewish World and the world of all nations either in a positive or negative way. It’s not so simple to denounce oneself as Jew.
    If Sarah Silverman erred by wearing a cross, and negatively impacted the Jewish Community, even if it was a forgotten prop from a movie shoot, then tshuva should be considered. ..Apologize for the mistake, forgive her, and move on. A public Jewish figure has a greater responsibility to display proper conduct.

If we are too harsh on people, why would they ever consider coming close to Torah and its values. Chassidut teaches that before rebuke , we must bring someone close.

Writenut-

75. Erin Kawell says:

who cares. symbols have different meanings to different people. she's her own person and if she says she jewish, then she's jewish. wearing a cross means something different to her than a christian. people, please! calm down already.

76. Dmfirst Mdlast says:

Wearing a cross is a desperate act of a declining Jewish celebrity. It is offensive and reflects a disregard of how others feel. Does she know what would happen to her if she were a Muslim and wore a cross? It is time to grow up Sarah.

77. Melissa From-Chicago says:

Real Jews don't believe in a pagan man-god. Your comment has no place here.

78. Dan Silagi says:

Many who read this blog believe in the divinity of Menachem Mendel Schneerson.

79. Melissa From-Chicago says:

A Jew does not act like the goyim…your argument is flawed. A Jew does not follow the ways of the goyim and should never wear anything xtian.

80. sorry he was killed by the romans

81. Ruth Seliger says:

Really? Her ma is not jewish??
    If she is, it does matter. A little sensitivity to the symbol worn on a Jew is simply a big no no.

82. Ruth Seliger says:

Really? Her ma is not jewish??

83. Melissa From-Chicago says:

I wish Sarah Silverman would go away. This picture and her other actions just prove she is an embarrassment to the Jewish people. A Jew should never wear a cross!

84. Ruth Escreet says:

There are hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of non-Jewish people who wear the Star of David as a way of showing their support for Israel or that are making a stand against antisemitism in solidarity with the Jewish people……………

85. Ruth Escreet says:

86. Tim Lieder says:

I wish that Yuri Yanover would go away. This is one of the most toxic articles I've read in weeks and based solely on his words, I find him a much bigger embarrassment to Jewish people – particularly since he claims to represent religious Jews (even though he admits to being an Lubavitcher which is about as Jewish as Jews for Jesus)

87. Tany Berman says:

A real piece of garbage…..The worst haters of Jews are SELF HATING JEWS and she is #2 on the list under George Soros

88. Tany Berman says:

Your typical Jews killed jesus….The same crap that has been said for thousands of years……Your mouth is a cesspool of lies

89. Erin Kawell says:

she said she’s jewish so she’s jewish. no necklace, head wrap, scarf or holiday can take away what she chooses to be. maybe she’s not jewish enough for YOU, but then that becomes your problem, not hers.

90. Erin Kawell says:

91. Erin Kawell says:

92. Erin Kawell says:

93. Les Le Gear says:

Wanda, you're an ignoramus. The whole story is pure bs. You just believe the bs cause it was passed down by other ignorarmasus. Try to think for yourself.

94. bklyn45h says:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

95. Melissa From-Chicago Not related to paganism. Messiah must be 'higher than Abraham, Isaac, Jacob. Higher than Moses! Higher than the angels!'- Talmud. Can a mere human sit at the right hand of God? Daniel 7. King Messiah is the Sar haPanim!

96. Gideon Jones says:

What proof is there that she is actually Jewish? Silverman is her father’s name, her mother seems to be Irish Catholic.

97. Gideon Jones says:

98. Rose Galston says:

Let's be honest here….if it weren't for anti-semitism no one would give a damn if sarah wore cow dung around her neck…..HOWEVER….seeing as the cross represents those who began butchering the Jews over 3000 years ago just because they disagreed on whose deity was "The Deity" …..DROP the CROSS little sarah….or just go join the jews for jesus bunch!!! We know you're just having fun but this crosses the line!!!

99. Since when did being Jewish mean anything to her? Who cares? Being Jewish is a subject for scorn with this dingbat. So F her.

100. Since when did being Jewish mean anything to her? Who cares? Being Jewish is a subject for scorn with this dingbat. So F her.

101. Josh Brewster says:

102. Not Ovenready says:

A  necklace made of used toilet paper would be more appropriate for SS.

103. Not Ovenready says:

A necklace made of used toilet paper would be more appropriate for SS.

104. Ben II says:

why do we need to hear about this nasty communist?

105. Dvorah Bee says:

we are facing annihilation and this is what you worry about

106. Michele Paris says:

Had it been me, I would have been wearing a Star of David with the cross in the middle of it. Being that I am Jewish and believe in Our Messiah Yeshua!!! Shalom!! :)

107. Who gives a flying fandango what this bimbette says, does, wears, who shives a git – she’s not funny, and if religion meant ANYTHING to her, she would NOT wear a cross, even as some sort of Hollywood crap fashion statement. Bullderm, poppycock and feh on her. Don’t know or care how she “came into the limelight” – perhaps she worked her way up someone’s trousers, nudge nudge.

108. Josy Lin says:

i never thought some Jews are this hateful towards Christians..strange what religions can do to some people.

109. Josy Lin says:

110. Ira L. Jacobson says:

This person is the least interesting one I can think of. We have had Jewish traitors throughout history. This appears no different and is just as repugnant.

111. Ira L. Jacobson says:

Tim Lieder writes like another Jewish anti-Semite. He and the Silverman person make a perfect team.

112. Ira L. Jacobson says:

Dan Silagi gets it wrong. No one believes what he claims, and that in no way would excuse Silverman's apostasy.
    To drag up the liibelous charge that the Jews killed Jesus is repugnant.

113. Avi Kraft says:

murdered by his own people you idiot . It was the Romans stupid. I will tell you who was murdered . millions of Jewish men women and children by the followers of your false pagan man god

Sarah is free to ware what she wants.

115. Robert Sprung says:

tilt it a bit it looks like an ‘X’

116. Anthony Kent says:

Why are you American chaps obsessed about this women? Is it because she is quite attractive, because she certainly isn't funny based on the offending video.

117. Torah teaches about the evil tongue. So I would be very careful what you say.

118. Claudia Volland says:

Torah teaches about the evil tongue. So I would be very careful what you say.

119. Linda Gebaroff says:

Well put!

120. Linda Gebaroff says:

I can add a name to that list.

121. Michael Iver says:

Appalling.

122. Matathias says:

SS wearing a cross is as provocative as my neighbor’s dog pissing on my bushes. The girl’s flame has fizzled out and she’s trying to get a rise from anywhere she can.  Keep at it Sarah, eventually you’ll realize that the best part of being a Jew is that we can get waivers for just about anything we’ve done so long as its not murder of innocents.

123. there is nothing wrong with it that makes her a messianic Jew .

124. there is nothing wrong with it that makes her a messianic Jew .

125. Kathrine Jean Burton says:

there is nothing wrong with it that makes her a messianic Jew .

126. Sarah Silverman is as Jewish as my dog–but certainly not as smart.

127. David Blatt says:

Really who cares?

128. Basha Kline says:

Actually, SS shows that she is economising, or stingy – it takes more metal to make a Star of David!

129. Gary Morin says:

Is she attractive? She's definitely not funny, never has been.

130. Ruth Yeomans says:

I am quite shocked by the anti-Christian sentiments expressed in the article and the comments. Like the rastafarians like to say, One Love, people, One Love!

131. Ruth Yeomans says:

132. Ruth Yeomans says:

133. Ltc Howard says:

Shifra wrote: "Jews are expressing their anger after Jewish celebrity Sarah Silverman was seen on a television interview wearing a gold cross necklace, according to video uploaded to the Internet." SILVERMAN IS A POTTY-MOUTH SLUT WHO PRESENTS AN INSULTING IMAGE OF JEWISH WOMEN. YOU SHOULD BE GLAD THAT SHE APPEARS TO BE PRESENTING THE PUBLIC WITH A NON—JEWISH IMAGE.

. But her sister, the famous Reform Rabbi Susan Silverman, also added: "I'm her rabbi sister and called her and asked WTF? She got it, like our dad said, on a recent movie set and she just liked that it pointed to her [popular slang word meaning mammary glands]. Oy. :-) RABBI SUSAN SILVERMAN IS A WOW TROUBLEMAKER AND HAS HER OWN FOUL MOUTH WTF,ETC,

In any event, if Sarah is leaving us – which she has done anyway, a long time ago – it's all good. The goyim could use a person with a good sense of humor, and we have plenty of 'em to spare NO, WE DON'T WANT HER….WE ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH CRAP OF OUR OWN.

134. Ltc Howard says:

Tim Lieder WATCH HER…IS SHE THE IMAGE YOU WANT YOUR DAUGHTER TO BE?

135. Melissa From-Chicago
    Thank you for your remarks. It brings me to an interesting point.
    Please can you explain to me the difference between acting as a Jew and as a goy?
    What is a Jew and what is a Judaic?
    A Jew traces his ancestry back to Judah, the son of Jacob, the son of Isaac, the son of Abraham. He has the DNA of Abraham.
    A Judaic is practicing Judaism and can be a goy or a proselyte and cannot trace his ancestry to Abraham.
    The majority of the people that are calling themselves Jews are Ashkenazim and descendants of a Turkish-Mongolian tribe the Khazars and have no DNA of Abraham and they practice Judaism. I consider these people as Judaics and not as Jews. Their ancestry goes back to Japhet, the second son of Noah, whose great-grandson was Ashkenaz. This is stated in Bereshiet 10:3.
    They are no descendants of Shem and no semites. So any anti-Semitism doesn't apply to them, although they are very frequently using it in any inconvenient situation. They are real goyim and proselytes.
    You will be by now mad at me and call me an anti-Semite.
    Well, to comfort you: I am a Semite and trying to defend my kin against all the people that want to have our place instead.
    I am a Sephardi from my mother’s side and from my father’s side a real Israelite of the tribe of Zebulon.
    Well “wearing never anything xtian” is a remark to some thought: Why do you use xtian and blaming the use of it by a Jew.
    Why don’t you use the word Christian? This is referring to Jesus Christ, the most human Jew ever lived, an example for the whole society. You use xtian, starting with the sign of the cross: X. Why, why, why? Are you afraid of writing Christian or are you prone to crucify any one, who is wearing a cross?
    Okay, wearing a cross has no special meaning, just as wearing a Magen David. However if you would wear a Magen David as a special banner, then I would like to wear a cross as a reference to the best Jew, ever lived.
    And I trace my ancestry back to Joseph of Arimathea, a member of the Sanhedrin, who lived 2,000 years ago in Palestina. By the way, he was the uncle of Jesus, who has been put into his grave.

136. Paul Taylor says:

ANY enemy of Christians IS an enemy of God

137. Paul Taylor says:

how can a jew hate a Christian I don't understand….when did Christians slaughter jews??
    I admit im not educated but I don't know of one Christian that hates jews.i have sacrificed a lot on behalf of EL al and the fellowship of Christians and jews and now I found out that you ppl hate me…I don't believe it…maybe its just a hand full of jews??I don't know cuz I don't live in a spirit of hatred.I LOVE the jewish ppl and you hate me…wonder who the author of your faith is?Just because you don't believe something does not make it untrue…

138. Paul Taylor says:

I am truly appauled at jewish ppl views on Christians….

139. Paul Taylor says:

why shouldn't jews wear crosses when it was YOUR messiah that hung on a tree and died for all the sins of the world…and you hate him???If you hate Jesus you hate GOD….

140. Paul Taylor says:

well put wanda jimenez

141. Paul Taylor says:

Bonne A. Rook there has NEVER been a country called Palestine or palestina

142. AC Stubbs says:

What a tacky vile filled person she is

143. AC Stubbs says:

As a Christian I am offended she is wearing a Cross

144. AC Stubbs says:

Melissa From-Chicago BOy are you a bigot Move to Gaza with the rest of your bigoted hate groups

145. Dan Silagi says:

Ira, the reason Sarah Silverman wears a cross isn't because she believes Jesus is the Messiah. It's to piss holier-than-thou frumbags like you off. And I'm not the one here who said the Jews killed Jesus Chris Brown. Would you like to repeat that lie directly to my face?

146. ROMANS 1: 16 "FOR I AM NOT ASHAMED OF THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST; FOR IT IS THE POWER OF GOD UNTO SALVATION TO EVERY ONE THAT BELIEVETH; TO THE JEW FIRST, AND ALSO TO THE GREEK." (OR GENTILE). WRITTEN BY A JEW OF THE TRIBE OF BENJAMIN 2,000 YEARS AGO. G-D LOVES HIS PEOPLE THE JEWS. HE HAS NEVER FORSAKEN THEM AND THE CHURCH HAS NOT REPLACED THEM. HE WILL STILL DO A GREAT WORK WITH HIS PEOPLE.

147. Marvin P James says:

My Jewish brothers and sisters, didn’t Hitler give us more than enough hate? I love Israel and the children of Jacob.

148. Timothy C. Wolfe says:

Frankly I was pretty appalled at this article. Who does that guy think he is

149. as a jew we have to stay strong for each other with each other.wake up sarah lose the cross.

150. Harlan Krissoff says:

Just another stupid cow who shames Jews and Christians alike with her atititude and remarks. The sooner she drops from siight or has a safe dropped on her head (please god) the better for all.

151. Paul Besterman says:

Paul Taylor Are you for real !? Ok lets start with The Romans before and after they went over to the Xtian side, Then lets see,Europeans (Look up The York Massacres 13th century England)Spanish Inquisitions, Russian Pogroms…erm Nazism…

152. Paul Besterman says:

Carry on with your vitriolic blood libel . Why is this comment even aloud to remain on a Jewish page !!!

153. Paul Besterman says:

Bonne A. Rook The Khazars Myth is just that , there are as many Syrians,Lebanese Armenians and others in the Caucuses with a teeny weeny bit of Khazar blood in them similarly to the Jews. Many Ashkenazim came from Spain after the inquisition and expulsion mixing with the many who travelled through the Balkans. If you are Sepharadi then your Family must have spent time or even originated in Spain who knows what Vandal or Visigoth blood they picked up there .
    Now Acting as a Jew is practising the religion based on the Torah and Rabbinical codes, acting as a Goy is not Practising those . Being a Jew is not only practising but living and feeling them , which would also include respect for the rest of mankind (Goyim).

154. Stuart Kaufman says:

Good riddance!

155. Paul Besterman says:

The Xtians that don't get it in these comments worry me more than S.S. but it is very disturbing nonetheless .But Hey today our youth take Tattoos which regardless of the Torah, is offensive to me in the lack of respect shown to the victims of the Shoah .

156. Vingore says:

I think Sarah Silverman wore the cross to get a rise out of her audience.  Guess what, it’s a joke.  Unfortunately, a lot of  you fell for her trap by making a big deal out of her  not very funny  joke.  That is exactly what she wanted.

157. Myriam Obadia says:

Paul Taylor look into the Great Inquisition for a start. It will enlighten you and, BTW, Jews do not hate Christians, they just have a very hard time trusting them after what they did.

158. Paul Taylor
    Are you a historian? You know that history repeats itself.
    Ever heard of a country The Netherlands?
    Because of occupation in the early 1800 by the French under a.o. Napoleon its name was Batavian Republic.
    The Netherlands never ever existed since then by French decree.
    In analogy the British Mandate Palestina has been usurped by the Zionists in 1948 and since then never, ever existed.

159. Justa Ju says:

@Ruth Yeomans That’s what the banner at the gate to Auschwitz  said: “One Love.”

160. O yes, I forgot: With the end of the occupation by the French, when Napoleon was defeated, the former Republic of the United Netherlands, wrongly called the Batavian Republic by the French, was promoted to the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
    So, willing or not, in analogy, the country Palestine after defeat of the Zionists, will be promoted to the Kingdom of Heavens.

161. Ruth Tawil says:

Paul, i'm happy for you that you don't know any christian hating Jews. I lost my job last year because of my faith, because my boss "cann't stand fu… Jews", in an european country. how do you call this?

162. Meryl Davis says:

Obviously, she doesn't want to be labeled Jewish. Her name couldn't be more Jewish if she tried – the cross is a diversion, so she can play with the goyim!!

163. Avraham Avi Hecht says:

No brain no pain…

164. Melissa From-Chicago
    What is a Jew? One who is believing he himself is God?

165. Sam Rubin says:

Paul Taylor Read a little bit of history, like the Spanish Inquisition amongst many others. In my opinion you are "slightly" an ignorant believer

166. Dan Silagi says:

What's a "Jewish traitor," Ira? One who doesn't think like you?

167. Deborah McLaughlin says:

She is vile.

168. Deborah McLaughlin says:

She is vile.

169. If Sarah Silverman was born from a Halachilly Jewish mother, she should realize the offensiveness of her wearing such jewelry. I was raised Catholic and at 19, married a 36 year old Reform Jew. We had to promise to raise any children as Catholics. Eight years later, I realized that Six Million Jews died as Jews. Yet I intended to place a Jewish name forever in the non-Jewish world. I became a Jew, telling God I wished to have one child for each million Jews who died. I suffered cardiac arrest after my last son's birth. He was my sixth child. Today he is an Orthodox rabbi. Be a proud Jewish woman, Sarah. Reflect your Jewishness with modest dress and speech. And Sarah, I am an actress, a member of Screen Actor's Guild (SAG-AFTRA).

170. "Words from the heart reach the heart" The Lubavitcher Rebbe. Better not to say an unkind word to Sarah Silverman.

171. Let's look at a valid source such as the Torah, not quote the Romans.

172. Let's look at a valid source such as the Torah, not quote the Romans.

173. To bad your mother wasn't Jewish, Tim Lieder. Since "Lieder" in German means "song", you certainly are of key, Timothy.

174. It is a shame that people in the past used the cross to taunt people; it was never meant for that. The first Christians risked everything to follow the One who fulfilled the whole Law. The cross is a sacred symbol whereby G-d converts the horror of persecution into a life-saving symbol of deliverance from sin, slavery and damnation. The mistakes of the past should not be used as an excuse to avoid the eternal truth of the symbol and the gift G-d gave us through it – H-s very self. My Jewish friends, do not be afraid of the truth!

175. Dan Silagi says:

Offending the self-righteous is Sara's shtick, as it is mine. Deal with it.

176. Dan Silagi says:

It's every bit as valuable as the Torah.

177. Suzanne Scheiner says:

Not funny

178. Ira L. Jacobson says:

Dan, if you cannot identify a traitor, perhaps you are too close.

179. Dan Silagi says:

Ira, I'm not the one who claimed that the Jews killed Christ, although there are a few posters here who would like to take credit for it if the Jews in fact did. If you would like to make such a claim, do so directly to my face.

180. Dan Silagi says:

What's a 'true Jewish woman," Millie? One who never questions her faith? One who takes all the myths in the Bible and believes every word, even when it can be shown beyond a shadow of a doubt that the universe wasn't created in six days, nor was there ever a flood which covered the entire planet to a depth of more than 3 miles above (normal) sea level, which miraculously receded in a few weeks? Tell me, Millie, where did all the water go?

Or is a "True Jewish Woman" one who shaves her head and wears a sheytel, and who covers her body from head to toe even when it's 100 degrees outside?

181. THE OLD IS IN THE NEW REVEALED. THE NEW IS IN THE OLD CONCEALED. YOU WILL FIND G-D'S PLAN OF SALVATION IN EVERY BOOK OF THE BIBLE.

182. My family lived on Benedict Av, as did the Fieberts our best friends. I went to 106

183. until 3rd grade when my family moved to Flatbush Brooklyn. I was in kindergarten in

184. 1948. My brother was Arthur Geller 3 years older. My maiden name was Susan Geller.

185. Warren Burstein says:

Does Shifra Unger even exist? https://medium.com/i-m-h-o/8f7499b69c08

186. Steven Eisen says:

why get so excited. Sarah is just trying to be provocative. Did you know that in order to be relevant, one must be provocative? At least in popular culture. At least she's not twerking in public. Well… give her a chance

187. A woman named Sarah, a clown,
    Saw that her ratings were down,
    She'd pissed off the Jews
    With provocative views
    So added a cross to her crown.

188. A woman named Sarah, a clown,
    Saw that her ratings were down,
    She'd pissed off the Jews
    With provocative views
    So added a cross to her crown.

Yaron Sidman, (center) Israel's Consul General for Philadelphia and the 5 state surrounding area, spoke to a hundreds strong crowd at Adath Israel in Suburban Philadelphia, Dec. 17, 2014. State Senator Anthony Williams (left, rear), waiting to speak.
Philly Ties Har Nof Victims’ Shloshim to Hanukkah Theme of Rededication
Sabraman

Sabraman: Israel’s first superhero, combining the courage of the Sabra and the faith of Abraham.

Mir

Is Haredi open-ended learning on charity better than earning a living that would obviate that?

chanuka

Hanuka is the miracle of emunah- belief in the L-rd of Israel and the light of our faith.

Lehava head led away in handcuffs

Limiting Jewish success and revival is that the anti-Jewish, anti-History Left rules here in Israel

The crisis in Jewish education is of existential importance. How should it be resolved?

BBC GUIDELINES ON TERRORISM: The word “terrorist” itself can be a barrier rather than an aid…

Discussion with entrepreneur William Heinecke on how he became a young, successful businessman

Did Cuba apologize for their spies the way Israel apologized for Pollard?

Nothing binds Jews together more than Torah observance; Or so one would think.

Sukkah tinsel decorations enjoy a robust market but are invariably manufactured for “another”holiday

A number of Israeli papers regurgitated a biased AP article on settlement growth, but they should have read it more carefully before hitting publish.

Many of the battles of the Maccabees were right here in the Shiloh area.

Both Labor and Likud are expected to get more seats in the upcoming elections.

Get a straight answer from Edward de Bono to the question: What is lateral thinking?

Jewish communities worldwide commemorate Yehudit during Chanukah by eating dairy foods in her honor

Israel’s problem isn’t Indyk, Obama, UN, NGOs or even the media; Our problem is much closer to home.