Latest update: February 22nd, 2013
Chanukah is definitely a holiday of lights, but not of light cooking. Here is the fourth in a series of Chanukah dishes from different Jewish communities from around the world:
6 medium sized potatoes, peeled and finely diced
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and sliced thinly
1 tsp grated garlic
2 tbs finely cut parsley
3 tbs olive oil
How to prepare:
1. Cook in water with salt the potatoes and sweet potato for about 20 minutes and strain the water
2. Squash the potatoes but not too finely (needs to be a little lumpy), let cool down
3. Once mixture is cooled down, add in the eggs, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper and mix well.
4. Warm up a frying pan with the olive oil and fry latkes
5. Absorb the oil with paper towels and serve.
About the Author: Since 2007, Asparagus Catering and Private Chef Services has been the leader in the Kosher creative cuisine around the world. Capitol style and competitive pricing. Our Event Design Team can assist you with every aspect of your event to ensure it is a smashing success. We take care of all the details, from preparation to clean up. Our prices are disclosed up front in your event contract, and we do not impose hidden charges. Our team of highly qualified professionals will make any event a pleasure. From weddings to cocktail parties, Private chef on holidays, or anything Kosher in between, Asparagus Catering is your best choice.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.