Obama’s policies don’t—in the strict sense of the term—reward businesses for shipping jobs overseas; they merely punish businesses for remaining in America. Taxing executives more while adding to the regulatory and cost burden will make things worse.
If one wants to analyze Obama’s claims the auto industry is the place to start. Look at the policies of General Motors, the most favored and government-influenced of all American companies, which has shipped jobs overseas. If American cars are on those foreign streets, it will be because they were manufactured in China. (I wonder if Obama’s choice of South Korea rather than China as the Asian country in his list was deliberately made to conceal that fact).
And then, par for the course, he announces a new and unneeded additional bureaucracy called the Trade Enforcement Unit that will carry on investigations that could be done by existing institutions. That’s how Obama creates jobs.
Then he produces a real whopper:
Yet Obama has claimed victory over the terrorists while U.S. forces in Iraq were at their height. His own statements undercut that argument. And what big new way is the United States been striking blows at its enemies since the withdrawal? I cannot think of anything (continued drone strikes in Yemen?). But if you think that the Benghazi terrorists (not the California videomaker), the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas in particular, the Syrian Brotherhood and Salafists, Hizballah, etc., are “enemies” then how has the Obama Administration escalated efforts against them now that it has pulled all those troops out of Iraq and can spare them for other operations?
Like much of Obama’s speech, if one actually pays attention to the language and claims, it dissolves into ridiculousness.
Then we come to the “Arab Spring”:
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Imam Attacked by Fellow Muslims After Condemning Har Nof Massacre
on November 23, 2014 6:45 PM
- Former DC Mayor Marion Barry, Dead at 78
on November 23, 2014 6:28 PM
- Is Tennessee Teaching Its Children to Hate Jews?
on November 23, 2014 5:50 PM
- New Zealand Anti-Semite Attacks Jewish Toddler
on November 23, 2014 5:04 PM
- Palestinian Authority Caught Crossing White Lines as Well as Red Lines
on November 23, 2014 4:18 PM
- Second Temple Era Military Outpost Discovered, Possibly Destroyed By Alexander the Great
on November 23, 2014 4:05 PM
- Son (Complete Opposite) of I. B. Singer Dead at 85
on November 23, 2014 3:41 PM
- IDF Shoots at Gaza Infiltrators; Hamas Claims One Killed
on November 23, 2014 3:27 PM
- Ex-Senior Justice Official Asks Homeland Security to Ban Abbas from US
on November 23, 2014 3:06 PM
- Police Disinter PA Arabs Sleeping Peacefully in Herzliya Graves
on November 23, 2014 12:41 PM
- Kerry and Netanyahu Update Each Other on Iran
on November 23, 2014 12:32 PM
- Arab Terror Hits Hard at Jerusalem Hotel Occupancy Rate
on November 23, 2014 11:57 AM
- Canadian-Israeli in Coma from Har Nof Massacre
on November 23, 2014 11:02 AM
- Palestinian Authority Claims Settlers Torched Home near Ramallah
on November 23, 2014 9:52 AM
- Hevron Terrorists Try to Burn IDF Soldiers to Death [video]
on November 23, 2014 9:16 AM
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/analysis/rubin-reports/obamas-careful-phrasing-conceals-disasters/2013/02/15/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: