Obama’s policies don’t—in the strict sense of the term—reward businesses for shipping jobs overseas; they merely punish businesses for remaining in America. Taxing executives more while adding to the regulatory and cost burden will make things worse.
If one wants to analyze Obama’s claims the auto industry is the place to start. Look at the policies of General Motors, the most favored and government-influenced of all American companies, which has shipped jobs overseas. If American cars are on those foreign streets, it will be because they were manufactured in China. (I wonder if Obama’s choice of South Korea rather than China as the Asian country in his list was deliberately made to conceal that fact).
And then, par for the course, he announces a new and unneeded additional bureaucracy called the Trade Enforcement Unit that will carry on investigations that could be done by existing institutions. That’s how Obama creates jobs.
Then he produces a real whopper:
Yet Obama has claimed victory over the terrorists while U.S. forces in Iraq were at their height. His own statements undercut that argument. And what big new way is the United States been striking blows at its enemies since the withdrawal? I cannot think of anything (continued drone strikes in Yemen?). But if you think that the Benghazi terrorists (not the California videomaker), the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas in particular, the Syrian Brotherhood and Salafists, Hizballah, etc., are “enemies” then how has the Obama Administration escalated efforts against them now that it has pulled all those troops out of Iraq and can spare them for other operations?
Like much of Obama’s speech, if one actually pays attention to the language and claims, it dissolves into ridiculousness.
Then we come to the “Arab Spring”:
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Police Continue Nightly Harassment of Minor Targeted by Outgoing Defense Minister
on July 26, 2016 9:11 AM
- AFSI Urging Congressman’s Resignation over Calling Jews ‘Termites’
on July 26, 2016 7:00 AM
- Exclusive: Lawmaker’s Slur That Jews are ‘Termites’ Reminds Jewish Voter of Hitler’s ‘Vermin’
on July 26, 2016 5:21 AM
- Israeli-Trained Brazilian Forces to Secure Rio Olympics
on July 26, 2016 3:38 AM
- 19 Dead, 45 Wounded in Stabbing Attack in Japan [video]
on July 26, 2016 12:50 AM
- Syrian Refugee Suicide Bomber a ‘Soldier of ISIS’ in Germany
on July 26, 2016 12:16 AM
- 2,000 Pro-Sanders Supporters March as Democratic National Convention Begins
on July 26, 2016 12:00 AM
- Nat’l Security Chief Heads to Washington Defense Memorandum of Understanding
on July 25, 2016 10:21 PM
- Mahmoud Abbas Hopes to Sue UK Over 100-yr-old Balfour Declaration
on July 25, 2016 10:02 PM
- IDF Appoints Orthodox Officer to Command Education Corps
on July 25, 2016 9:20 PM
- Syrian Mortar Lands on Israeli Side of the Golan
on July 25, 2016 7:21 PM
- Shooting Medic to Prosecutor: ‘They Threw Me to the Dogs Because of their Fear of the Media’
on July 25, 2016 5:06 PM
- Statue of Egyptian Official Found at Tel-Hazor
on July 25, 2016 4:12 PM
- Putin to Arab League Summit: ‘Status Quo on Palestine Unacceptable’
on July 25, 2016 1:56 PM
- Defense Minister Liberman Attacks Predecessor’s Public Conviction of Hebron Shooter
on July 25, 2016 12:45 PM
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/analysis/rubin-reports/obamas-careful-phrasing-conceals-disasters/2013/02/15/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: