Obama’s policies don’t—in the strict sense of the term—reward businesses for shipping jobs overseas; they merely punish businesses for remaining in America. Taxing executives more while adding to the regulatory and cost burden will make things worse.
If one wants to analyze Obama’s claims the auto industry is the place to start. Look at the policies of General Motors, the most favored and government-influenced of all American companies, which has shipped jobs overseas. If American cars are on those foreign streets, it will be because they were manufactured in China. (I wonder if Obama’s choice of South Korea rather than China as the Asian country in his list was deliberately made to conceal that fact).
And then, par for the course, he announces a new and unneeded additional bureaucracy called the Trade Enforcement Unit that will carry on investigations that could be done by existing institutions. That’s how Obama creates jobs.
Then he produces a real whopper:
Yet Obama has claimed victory over the terrorists while U.S. forces in Iraq were at their height. His own statements undercut that argument. And what big new way is the United States been striking blows at its enemies since the withdrawal? I cannot think of anything (continued drone strikes in Yemen?). But if you think that the Benghazi terrorists (not the California videomaker), the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas in particular, the Syrian Brotherhood and Salafists, Hizballah, etc., are “enemies” then how has the Obama Administration escalated efforts against them now that it has pulled all those troops out of Iraq and can spare them for other operations?
Like much of Obama’s speech, if one actually pays attention to the language and claims, it dissolves into ridiculousness.
Then we come to the “Arab Spring”:
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Israeli Ministers Advocate for Better Incorporation of Zionism in School Curriculum
on August 30, 2016 10:01 PM
- Egypt Opens Rafah-Gaza Crossing for Hajj Pilgrimage to Mecca
on August 30, 2016 9:48 PM
- 211 New Immigrants Flee to Israel From War-Torn Ukraine
on August 30, 2016 9:05 PM
- Rightwing Pundit: A Vote for Donald Trump Is a Vote for Israel’s Enemies
on August 30, 2016 4:05 PM
- Netanyahu Responds to UN Special Envoy’s Statement on the “Illegality” of Settlements
on August 30, 2016 3:28 PM
- Ousted DNC Chair Wasserman Schultz Facing Florida Primary Challenge Tuesday
on August 30, 2016 2:50 PM
- UN Mid-East Peace Envoy Pins Jewish Homes as Source of Strife
on August 30, 2016 2:11 PM
- Legal Group Challenging Police on Criminalizing Entry into Judea and Samaria Area B
on August 30, 2016 12:41 PM
- Court to Hear Police Request to Bar 6 Youths from Jerusalem
on August 30, 2016 11:08 AM
- IDF Demolishes Home of Rabbi Mickey Mark’s Murderer
on August 30, 2016 10:45 AM
- Hillary’s Muslim Adviser Huma Abedin Leaving Anthony Weiner
on August 30, 2016 10:19 AM
- Gene Wilder, Iconic Jewish Comedian and Actor, Dead at 83
on August 30, 2016 12:57 AM
- 75th Anniversary of Massacre of Jews in Moletai, Lithuania
on August 29, 2016 11:58 PM
- Israel to Compete at World Baseball Qualifier in Brooklyn, NY
on August 29, 2016 10:51 PM
- BOI Keeps Interest Rate Unchanged for September
on August 29, 2016 10:37 PM
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/analysis/rubin-reports/obamas-careful-phrasing-conceals-disasters/2013/02/15/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: