Obama’s policies don’t—in the strict sense of the term—reward businesses for shipping jobs overseas; they merely punish businesses for remaining in America. Taxing executives more while adding to the regulatory and cost burden will make things worse.
If one wants to analyze Obama’s claims the auto industry is the place to start. Look at the policies of General Motors, the most favored and government-influenced of all American companies, which has shipped jobs overseas. If American cars are on those foreign streets, it will be because they were manufactured in China. (I wonder if Obama’s choice of South Korea rather than China as the Asian country in his list was deliberately made to conceal that fact).
And then, par for the course, he announces a new and unneeded additional bureaucracy called the Trade Enforcement Unit that will carry on investigations that could be done by existing institutions. That’s how Obama creates jobs.
Then he produces a real whopper:
Yet Obama has claimed victory over the terrorists while U.S. forces in Iraq were at their height. His own statements undercut that argument. And what big new way is the United States been striking blows at its enemies since the withdrawal? I cannot think of anything (continued drone strikes in Yemen?). But if you think that the Benghazi terrorists (not the California videomaker), the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas in particular, the Syrian Brotherhood and Salafists, Hizballah, etc., are “enemies” then how has the Obama Administration escalated efforts against them now that it has pulled all those troops out of Iraq and can spare them for other operations?
Like much of Obama’s speech, if one actually pays attention to the language and claims, it dissolves into ridiculousness.
Then we come to the “Arab Spring”:
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- 3 NYC Ds Disappoint Area Residents and Announce Support for Nuclear Iran Deal
on September 1, 2015 3:34 AM
- Update: Counter-Terrorism Soldier Injured in Jenin Battle [Video]
on September 1, 2015 2:31 AM
- Gaza: Islamic Jihad and Hamas Threatening Rocket Fire
on September 1, 2015 2:27 AM
- Five Palestinian Administrative Detainees Begin Hunger Strike
on September 1, 2015 12:12 AM
- Maccabi Tel Aviv and European Champs EA7 Emporio Armani Milan To Play First “Euro Classic” Games in U.S.
on August 31, 2015 11:57 PM
- BREAKING: IDF Soldier Wounded in Shootout with Terrorists During Jenin Arrest Operation
on August 31, 2015 11:50 PM
- Congressman Insulted by Pro-Iran Colleague’s Suggestion He Opposes Deal to Get Jewish Money
on August 31, 2015 11:30 PM
- Nazi Gold Train Discovery May Bring New Claims from Holocaust Survivors
on August 31, 2015 11:12 PM
- Extraordinary Cooperation between Israeli, Gazan Potato Farmers
on August 31, 2015 11:04 PM
- Obama Cashes in on Separating Israel from American Jews’ Concerns
on August 31, 2015 7:30 PM
- Jerusalem Arabs Attack Jerusalem Light Rail with Rocks
on August 31, 2015 4:49 PM
- President Rivlin Warns not to Accept Iran ‘with One Click of a Pen’
on August 31, 2015 4:23 PM
- Auschwitz Provides Tourists with Outdoor Showers to ‘Cool Down’
on August 31, 2015 3:39 PM
- Israel to Beef Up Security in Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria
on August 31, 2015 3:15 PM
- Palmyra’s Ancient ‘Temple of Bel’ Destroyed in New Blast
on August 31, 2015 1:48 PM
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/analysis/rubin-reports/obamas-careful-phrasing-conceals-disasters/2013/02/15/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: