Obama’s policies don’t—in the strict sense of the term—reward businesses for shipping jobs overseas; they merely punish businesses for remaining in America. Taxing executives more while adding to the regulatory and cost burden will make things worse.
If one wants to analyze Obama’s claims the auto industry is the place to start. Look at the policies of General Motors, the most favored and government-influenced of all American companies, which has shipped jobs overseas. If American cars are on those foreign streets, it will be because they were manufactured in China. (I wonder if Obama’s choice of South Korea rather than China as the Asian country in his list was deliberately made to conceal that fact).
And then, par for the course, he announces a new and unneeded additional bureaucracy called the Trade Enforcement Unit that will carry on investigations that could be done by existing institutions. That’s how Obama creates jobs.
Then he produces a real whopper:
Yet Obama has claimed victory over the terrorists while U.S. forces in Iraq were at their height. His own statements undercut that argument. And what big new way is the United States been striking blows at its enemies since the withdrawal? I cannot think of anything (continued drone strikes in Yemen?). But if you think that the Benghazi terrorists (not the California videomaker), the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas in particular, the Syrian Brotherhood and Salafists, Hizballah, etc., are “enemies” then how has the Obama Administration escalated efforts against them now that it has pulled all those troops out of Iraq and can spare them for other operations?
Like much of Obama’s speech, if one actually pays attention to the language and claims, it dissolves into ridiculousness.
Then we come to the “Arab Spring”:
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Police Confirm: Old City Attack was Planned Ambush
on November 25, 2014 9:16 PM
- Additional Security for MK Tzipi Hotovely
on November 25, 2014 8:33 PM
- Work Accident or Mistaken Identity? Arab Car Destroyed by Firebomb, 3 Injured
on November 25, 2014 8:13 PM
- Major Rainstorm to Hit Israel
on November 25, 2014 7:13 PM
- Eichmann Trial Documents Found in Trash to be Auctioned
on November 25, 2014 6:22 PM
- And the Only US State Without a Chabad Is…
on November 25, 2014 6:18 PM
- Palestinian Authority TV Blames ‘Occupation’ for Killing Har Nof ‘Martyrs’ [video]
on November 25, 2014 6:10 PM
- Dutch Say No to “Palestine”
on November 25, 2014 6:04 PM
- Police Chief: Think of 1 Billion Muslims and Don’t Pray on Temple Mount
on November 25, 2014 5:32 PM
- Netanyahu Wants to Discriminate against Terrorists
on November 25, 2014 2:31 PM
- President Rivlin Bans Performance of Singer because of Anti-Arab Song
on November 25, 2014 1:38 PM
- Feiglin Bans Arab MK from Podium for Calling Him ‘Fascist’
on November 25, 2014 12:57 PM
- Police Arrest Suspected Stabber in Old City [video]
on November 25, 2014 10:20 AM
- Israeli Ambassador Complains About Jordan’s Official Antisemitism
on November 25, 2014 9:35 AM
- Artist Robin Antar ‘Envisions’ America in Stone
on November 25, 2014 3:00 AM
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/analysis/rubin-reports/obamas-careful-phrasing-conceals-disasters/2013/02/15/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: