Obama’s policies don’t—in the strict sense of the term—reward businesses for shipping jobs overseas; they merely punish businesses for remaining in America. Taxing executives more while adding to the regulatory and cost burden will make things worse.
If one wants to analyze Obama’s claims the auto industry is the place to start. Look at the policies of General Motors, the most favored and government-influenced of all American companies, which has shipped jobs overseas. If American cars are on those foreign streets, it will be because they were manufactured in China. (I wonder if Obama’s choice of South Korea rather than China as the Asian country in his list was deliberately made to conceal that fact).
And then, par for the course, he announces a new and unneeded additional bureaucracy called the Trade Enforcement Unit that will carry on investigations that could be done by existing institutions. That’s how Obama creates jobs.
Then he produces a real whopper:
Yet Obama has claimed victory over the terrorists while U.S. forces in Iraq were at their height. His own statements undercut that argument. And what big new way is the United States been striking blows at its enemies since the withdrawal? I cannot think of anything (continued drone strikes in Yemen?). But if you think that the Benghazi terrorists (not the California videomaker), the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas in particular, the Syrian Brotherhood and Salafists, Hizballah, etc., are “enemies” then how has the Obama Administration escalated efforts against them now that it has pulled all those troops out of Iraq and can spare them for other operations?
Like much of Obama’s speech, if one actually pays attention to the language and claims, it dissolves into ridiculousness.
Then we come to the “Arab Spring”:
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- W’s Private Remarks to RJC Reveal Disagreements with Obama (SHOCKER)
on April 28, 2015 4:29 AM
- State of Emergency Declared in Spreading Baltimore Riots
on April 28, 2015 2:27 AM
- Police Officer Viciously Attacks Ethiopian IDF Soldier [video]
on April 28, 2015 1:51 AM
- UN Admits: UN Schools and Facilities Used by Hamas Terrorists
on April 27, 2015 9:43 PM
- Iran Legislative Compromises may Cause Nuclear Explosion in Washington
on April 27, 2015 7:13 PM
- Inside Look at Princeton’s Israel Divestment Failure
on April 27, 2015 3:42 PM
- Shhhhhhh! Police Now Say Bus was Firebombed Saturday Night
on April 27, 2015 12:22 PM
- Gilead Sciences to Open Office in Israel
on April 27, 2015 11:36 AM
- Fate of Israelis Still Unknown as Nepal Death Toll Climbs to 3,300 [video]
on April 27, 2015 10:42 AM
- Sources: Al Qaeda Bombed Hezbollah and Framed Israel
on April 27, 2015 10:03 AM
- Meretz Warns against ‘Danger’ of Bennett as Education Minister
on April 27, 2015 9:19 AM
- Reports: IAF Strikes Syrian/Hezbollah Targets Overnight
on April 27, 2015 7:30 AM
- IAF Airlift to Arrive Overnight with Rescued Israelis from Nepal
on April 26, 2015 11:07 PM
- Chabad Co-Emissary in Nepal Hopes for ‘Only Good News’ in Video
on April 26, 2015 10:34 PM
- Why Vote for Torah?
on April 26, 2015 9:59 PM
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/analysis/rubin-reports/obamas-careful-phrasing-conceals-disasters/2013/02/15/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: