Obama’s policies don’t—in the strict sense of the term—reward businesses for shipping jobs overseas; they merely punish businesses for remaining in America. Taxing executives more while adding to the regulatory and cost burden will make things worse.
If one wants to analyze Obama’s claims the auto industry is the place to start. Look at the policies of General Motors, the most favored and government-influenced of all American companies, which has shipped jobs overseas. If American cars are on those foreign streets, it will be because they were manufactured in China. (I wonder if Obama’s choice of South Korea rather than China as the Asian country in his list was deliberately made to conceal that fact).
And then, par for the course, he announces a new and unneeded additional bureaucracy called the Trade Enforcement Unit that will carry on investigations that could be done by existing institutions. That’s how Obama creates jobs.
Then he produces a real whopper:
Yet Obama has claimed victory over the terrorists while U.S. forces in Iraq were at their height. His own statements undercut that argument. And what big new way is the United States been striking blows at its enemies since the withdrawal? I cannot think of anything (continued drone strikes in Yemen?). But if you think that the Benghazi terrorists (not the California videomaker), the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas in particular, the Syrian Brotherhood and Salafists, Hizballah, etc., are “enemies” then how has the Obama Administration escalated efforts against them now that it has pulled all those troops out of Iraq and can spare them for other operations?
Like much of Obama’s speech, if one actually pays attention to the language and claims, it dissolves into ridiculousness.
Then we come to the “Arab Spring”:
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
- British Vets Want Ban on Ritual Slaughter
on March 7, 2014 2:00 PM
- Pope Francis Cancels Israel Trip
on March 7, 2014 12:52 PM
- Canadian Court: Lev Tahor Sect Must Surrender Children
on March 7, 2014 12:07 PM
- House Overwhelmingly Passes Bill Enhancing Israel Security Cooperation
on March 7, 2014 11:49 AM
- 100 Ukrainian Jews Want to Make Aliyah, Settle in Judea and Samaria
on March 7, 2014 11:26 AM
- Behind the Scenes Video: IDF Mission to Stop Iranian Terror Ship
on March 6, 2014 10:39 PM
- Explosive Thrown at Rachel’s Tomb
on March 6, 2014 10:11 PM
- Egypt to Revoke Hamas Citizenships After Court Ban
on March 6, 2014 5:04 PM
- Lev Tahor Sect Members Arrested in Trinidad
on March 6, 2014 4:41 PM
- UK Jewish Girls School Erased Evolution Questions from Test
on March 6, 2014 4:02 PM
- Carney: US to Continue Iran Talks Despite Ship Seizure
on March 6, 2014 3:50 PM
- Amid Crisis, Ukrainian Jewish Community Receives Rescue Efforts Training
on March 6, 2014 3:48 PM
- Lieberman: Israel Won’t Agree to ‘Further Conditions’ for Talks
on March 6, 2014 3:33 PM
- Netanyahu Signs Partnership Agreement with Jerry Brown
on March 6, 2014 3:30 PM
- Jonathan Pollard Underwent Emergency Surgery
on March 6, 2014 1:47 PM
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/analysis/rubin-reports/obamas-careful-phrasing-conceals-disasters/2013/02/15/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: