Obama’s policies don’t—in the strict sense of the term—reward businesses for shipping jobs overseas; they merely punish businesses for remaining in America. Taxing executives more while adding to the regulatory and cost burden will make things worse.
If one wants to analyze Obama’s claims the auto industry is the place to start. Look at the policies of General Motors, the most favored and government-influenced of all American companies, which has shipped jobs overseas. If American cars are on those foreign streets, it will be because they were manufactured in China. (I wonder if Obama’s choice of South Korea rather than China as the Asian country in his list was deliberately made to conceal that fact).
And then, par for the course, he announces a new and unneeded additional bureaucracy called the Trade Enforcement Unit that will carry on investigations that could be done by existing institutions. That’s how Obama creates jobs.
Then he produces a real whopper:
Yet Obama has claimed victory over the terrorists while U.S. forces in Iraq were at their height. His own statements undercut that argument. And what big new way is the United States been striking blows at its enemies since the withdrawal? I cannot think of anything (continued drone strikes in Yemen?). But if you think that the Benghazi terrorists (not the California videomaker), the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas in particular, the Syrian Brotherhood and Salafists, Hizballah, etc., are “enemies” then how has the Obama Administration escalated efforts against them now that it has pulled all those troops out of Iraq and can spare them for other operations?
Like much of Obama’s speech, if one actually pays attention to the language and claims, it dissolves into ridiculousness.
Then we come to the “Arab Spring”:
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Updated: Drive-by Shooting Attack on Road 60 near Otniel,
Father Killed, Wife and Children Wounded
on July 2, 2016 2:20 AM
- UPDATE: Gaza Qassam Rocket Badly Damages Sderot Kindergarten
on July 2, 2016 2:06 AM
- IDF Adds Forces in Judea, Imposes Closure on Hebron and Surrounds
on July 1, 2016 11:02 PM
- Israel to Deduct Terrorist Payments from Tax Transfers to Palestinian Authority
on July 1, 2016 6:48 PM
- Drive-by Shooting Victim Identified
on July 1, 2016 5:25 PM
- Analysis: JTA Officially Joins Palestinian Propaganda Machine, Naming Cave of the Patriarch ‘Ibrahimi Mosque’
on July 1, 2016 3:26 PM
- Qatar Shopping in Italy for $6.2 Billion Worth of Naval Defense
on July 1, 2016 1:29 PM
- Terrorist Stabber Neutralized Near Tomb of the Patriarchs [video]
on July 1, 2016 10:29 AM
- Official: Water Crisis in Samaria Caused by Arabs Stealing 400 Billion Gallons a Year
on July 1, 2016 9:41 AM
- IDF: Significant Decline in Violence and Disturbances Since January
on July 1, 2016 7:48 AM
- White House Silent on Terrorist Murder of 13-Year-Old American Girl
on July 1, 2016 2:11 AM
- PM Netanyahu: ‘You Don’t Murder a Sleeping Child for Peace’ [video]
on June 30, 2016 11:35 PM
- Oron Shaul’s Family To Block Aid into Gaza
on June 30, 2016 11:30 PM
- Herzog Slams UK’s Corbyn, Says ‘Views Represent a Consistent Hatred of Israel’
on June 30, 2016 10:51 PM
- Best Israel Commercial Ever – But Is It Too Controversial? [video]
on June 30, 2016 10:00 PM
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/analysis/rubin-reports/obamas-careful-phrasing-conceals-disasters/2013/02/15/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: