Obama’s policies don’t—in the strict sense of the term—reward businesses for shipping jobs overseas; they merely punish businesses for remaining in America. Taxing executives more while adding to the regulatory and cost burden will make things worse.
If one wants to analyze Obama’s claims the auto industry is the place to start. Look at the policies of General Motors, the most favored and government-influenced of all American companies, which has shipped jobs overseas. If American cars are on those foreign streets, it will be because they were manufactured in China. (I wonder if Obama’s choice of South Korea rather than China as the Asian country in his list was deliberately made to conceal that fact).
And then, par for the course, he announces a new and unneeded additional bureaucracy called the Trade Enforcement Unit that will carry on investigations that could be done by existing institutions. That’s how Obama creates jobs.
Then he produces a real whopper:
Yet Obama has claimed victory over the terrorists while U.S. forces in Iraq were at their height. His own statements undercut that argument. And what big new way is the United States been striking blows at its enemies since the withdrawal? I cannot think of anything (continued drone strikes in Yemen?). But if you think that the Benghazi terrorists (not the California videomaker), the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas in particular, the Syrian Brotherhood and Salafists, Hizballah, etc., are “enemies” then how has the Obama Administration escalated efforts against them now that it has pulled all those troops out of Iraq and can spare them for other operations?
Like much of Obama’s speech, if one actually pays attention to the language and claims, it dissolves into ridiculousness.
Then we come to the “Arab Spring”:
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
You might also be interested in:
You must log in to post a comment.
- Kaspersky: One Out of Every Three Israeli Computers Under Attack
on May 23, 2013 8:04 PM
- Perry Committee Haredi Recruitment Plan: Sanctions on Draft Dodgers
on May 23, 2013 5:42 PM
- Amnesty International: Our World Is a Dangerous Place
on May 23, 2013 5:08 PM
- Arabs Attack Girl Near Efrat
on May 23, 2013 4:07 PM
- ADL Condemns Detroit Leaders’ Love-In with Farrakhan
on May 23, 2013 3:50 PM
- Anti-Iran Legislation Advancing in Congress
on May 23, 2013 12:12 PM
- Former Minister Hershkowitz Named Bar-Ilan U. President
on May 23, 2013 12:08 PM
- Former Iranian President: ‘Things Have Never Been This Bad’
on May 23, 2013 11:51 AM
- London Terrorist Beheading Soldier in Broad Daylight (Video)
on May 23, 2013 11:18 AM
- UN Health Assembly, Syria, Slam ‘Inhuman Israeli Practices’
on May 23, 2013 10:39 AM
- Yes, There Is an Anti-Israel Media Cabal and They All Meet on Facebook
on May 23, 2013 10:22 AM
- Chabad Continues Relief Efforts in Oklahoma
on May 23, 2013 7:21 AM
- US Implicitly Backs Peace Now Petition to Destroy Outpost
on May 23, 2013 12:44 AM
- Nadler Disappointed by Nixing of Immigration Reform LGBT Amendment
on May 22, 2013 8:38 PM
- Two New Jersey Men Plead Not Guilty in Synagogue Bombings
on May 22, 2013 8:06 PM
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/analysis/rubin-reports/obamas-careful-phrasing-conceals-disasters/2013/02/15/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: