Obama’s policies don’t—in the strict sense of the term—reward businesses for shipping jobs overseas; they merely punish businesses for remaining in America. Taxing executives more while adding to the regulatory and cost burden will make things worse.
If one wants to analyze Obama’s claims the auto industry is the place to start. Look at the policies of General Motors, the most favored and government-influenced of all American companies, which has shipped jobs overseas. If American cars are on those foreign streets, it will be because they were manufactured in China. (I wonder if Obama’s choice of South Korea rather than China as the Asian country in his list was deliberately made to conceal that fact).
And then, par for the course, he announces a new and unneeded additional bureaucracy called the Trade Enforcement Unit that will carry on investigations that could be done by existing institutions. That’s how Obama creates jobs.
Then he produces a real whopper:
Yet Obama has claimed victory over the terrorists while U.S. forces in Iraq were at their height. His own statements undercut that argument. And what big new way is the United States been striking blows at its enemies since the withdrawal? I cannot think of anything (continued drone strikes in Yemen?). But if you think that the Benghazi terrorists (not the California videomaker), the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas in particular, the Syrian Brotherhood and Salafists, Hizballah, etc., are “enemies” then how has the Obama Administration escalated efforts against them now that it has pulled all those troops out of Iraq and can spare them for other operations?
Like much of Obama’s speech, if one actually pays attention to the language and claims, it dissolves into ridiculousness.
Then we come to the “Arab Spring”:
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Netanyahu and Boehner Meet for Lunch
on April 1, 2015 3:30 PM
- Netanyahu Attacks the Iran Nuclear Deal as “Unconscionable” [video]
on April 1, 2015 3:21 PM
- No Insurance Available for Jewish Kindergartens in Belgium!
on April 1, 2015 12:45 PM
- France Leaves Iran Nuclear Talks, Will Return When ‘Useful’
on April 1, 2015 11:53 AM
- Car with 5 Pipe Bombs Stopped at Gush Etzion Tunnel Roads
on April 1, 2015 9:31 AM
- Obama Stops Punishing Egypt for Dumping Muslim Brotherhood Prez
on April 1, 2015 1:43 AM
- IDF Expects 1200 Daily Hezbollah Rockets in Next War
on April 1, 2015 1:39 AM
- Tevye the Milkman Wins Israel Prize
on April 1, 2015 1:04 AM
- New and Old Faces in Israel’s 20th Knesset Are Officially Sworn In [Video]
on March 31, 2015 10:20 PM
- 113 Orphaned Bar Mitzva Boys Participate in Group Celebration in Jerusalem
on March 31, 2015 7:39 PM
- Live Webinar with Rabbi Ben Tzion Shafier of the Shmuz Tonight: Reacting to the Tragedy in Brooklyn
on March 31, 2015 7:33 PM
- Attack on Yemeni Refugees Makes Israel Look Like the Girl Scouts
on March 31, 2015 6:30 PM
- IDF Promises to Block Missionary Activity
on March 31, 2015 4:02 PM
- Iran Likely to Force Obama to Back Down on ‘Deadline Threat’
on March 31, 2015 12:56 PM
- IDF Clashes with 40 Rioters at Gaza Border
on March 31, 2015 11:16 AM
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/analysis/rubin-reports/obamas-careful-phrasing-conceals-disasters/2013/02/15/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: