Obama’s policies don’t—in the strict sense of the term—reward businesses for shipping jobs overseas; they merely punish businesses for remaining in America. Taxing executives more while adding to the regulatory and cost burden will make things worse.
If one wants to analyze Obama’s claims the auto industry is the place to start. Look at the policies of General Motors, the most favored and government-influenced of all American companies, which has shipped jobs overseas. If American cars are on those foreign streets, it will be because they were manufactured in China. (I wonder if Obama’s choice of South Korea rather than China as the Asian country in his list was deliberately made to conceal that fact).
And then, par for the course, he announces a new and unneeded additional bureaucracy called the Trade Enforcement Unit that will carry on investigations that could be done by existing institutions. That’s how Obama creates jobs.
Then he produces a real whopper:
Yet Obama has claimed victory over the terrorists while U.S. forces in Iraq were at their height. His own statements undercut that argument. And what big new way is the United States been striking blows at its enemies since the withdrawal? I cannot think of anything (continued drone strikes in Yemen?). But if you think that the Benghazi terrorists (not the California videomaker), the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas in particular, the Syrian Brotherhood and Salafists, Hizballah, etc., are “enemies” then how has the Obama Administration escalated efforts against them now that it has pulled all those troops out of Iraq and can spare them for other operations?
Like much of Obama’s speech, if one actually pays attention to the language and claims, it dissolves into ridiculousness.
Then we come to the “Arab Spring”:
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Israel Watching Northern Border with Syria, Lebanon
on September 21, 2014 10:35 PM
- Canada to Revoke Citizenship of Canadians who Fight Alongside ISIS
on September 21, 2014 9:45 PM
- Arab Media Outlet Struggles w/ Cave of Patriarchs Closure to Muslims on Rosh Hashana
on September 21, 2014 9:13 PM
- Pricey ISIS ‘Chotchkes’ on Amazon, Facebook For Sale
on September 21, 2014 8:27 PM
- New Traces of Life Found in Theresienstadt
on September 21, 2014 8:03 PM
- IDF Officer’s Role Was to Ensure Protection of Gazan Civilians [video]
on September 21, 2014 7:54 PM
- Govt Approves Massive Upgrade of Southern Israeli Infrastruction
on September 21, 2014 7:20 PM
- Control of Yemen Seized by Shiite Rebels
on September 21, 2014 7:02 PM
- Cairo Cease-fire Talks Moved Up in Deference to Jewish Holidays
on September 21, 2014 7:00 PM
- President Rivlin to Inaugurate Jewish Museum of Warsaw
on September 21, 2014 6:46 PM
- Parents Speak Out Against Arab Violence on Mount of Olives
on September 21, 2014 6:24 PM
- One-Quarter of European Jews Fear Wearing Jewish Symbols in Public
on September 21, 2014 5:57 PM
- S&P Keeps Israel’s A+ Rating
on September 21, 2014 3:38 PM
- Gush Etzion Fence Vote Delayed
on September 21, 2014 2:49 PM
- Huge Stalactite Cave Discovered Near Gush Etzion
on September 21, 2014 12:44 PM
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/analysis/rubin-reports/obamas-careful-phrasing-conceals-disasters/2013/02/15/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: