Obama’s policies don’t—in the strict sense of the term—reward businesses for shipping jobs overseas; they merely punish businesses for remaining in America. Taxing executives more while adding to the regulatory and cost burden will make things worse.
If one wants to analyze Obama’s claims the auto industry is the place to start. Look at the policies of General Motors, the most favored and government-influenced of all American companies, which has shipped jobs overseas. If American cars are on those foreign streets, it will be because they were manufactured in China. (I wonder if Obama’s choice of South Korea rather than China as the Asian country in his list was deliberately made to conceal that fact).
And then, par for the course, he announces a new and unneeded additional bureaucracy called the Trade Enforcement Unit that will carry on investigations that could be done by existing institutions. That’s how Obama creates jobs.
Then he produces a real whopper:
Yet Obama has claimed victory over the terrorists while U.S. forces in Iraq were at their height. His own statements undercut that argument. And what big new way is the United States been striking blows at its enemies since the withdrawal? I cannot think of anything (continued drone strikes in Yemen?). But if you think that the Benghazi terrorists (not the California videomaker), the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas in particular, the Syrian Brotherhood and Salafists, Hizballah, etc., are “enemies” then how has the Obama Administration escalated efforts against them now that it has pulled all those troops out of Iraq and can spare them for other operations?
Like much of Obama’s speech, if one actually pays attention to the language and claims, it dissolves into ridiculousness.
Then we come to the “Arab Spring”:
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
- Eyewitness in Ukraine: “Everyone is Expectant of Some Development; You Can Feel the Tension in the Air”
on April 23, 2014 11:46 AM
- Israeli-American Journalist Held Hostage in Ukraine
on April 23, 2014 11:24 AM
- Egypt Plays US off Russia, Gets Military Aid Back
on April 23, 2014 11:18 AM
- Shas Continues Petty Attacks Against Rav Amar for Control Over Sephardim
on April 23, 2014 10:34 AM
- More Jewish Sites Vandalized in Ukraine
on April 22, 2014 9:53 PM
- Syria to Hold Presidential Elections
on April 22, 2014 9:25 PM
- Egypt Signing Unprecedented $3 Billion MiG-35 Deal with Russia
on April 22, 2014 8:44 PM
- Missouri’s Jew-Hating Mayor Quits (Video)
on April 22, 2014 8:00 PM
- Jordan Summons Israeli Ambassador over Temple Mount Violence
on April 22, 2014 6:28 PM
- Archaeologists Find Ancient Chisel that May Have Helped Build Kotel
on April 22, 2014 5:00 PM
- IDF Announces Draft Notices to Christian Israelis
on April 22, 2014 4:12 PM
- Elite IDF Bedouin Trackers Eliminate Israel’s Northern Border Threats
on April 22, 2014 3:55 PM
- US Has Proof Syrian Gov’t Poisoned Civilians
on April 22, 2014 3:00 PM
- Gazan Rockets Pound Israeli Communities Over the Holiday
on April 22, 2014 1:44 PM
- Chief Rabbi of Nikolayev, Ukraine on Firebomb Attack
on April 22, 2014 3:50 AM
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/analysis/rubin-reports/obamas-careful-phrasing-conceals-disasters/2013/02/15/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: