Obama’s policies don’t—in the strict sense of the term—reward businesses for shipping jobs overseas; they merely punish businesses for remaining in America. Taxing executives more while adding to the regulatory and cost burden will make things worse.
If one wants to analyze Obama’s claims the auto industry is the place to start. Look at the policies of General Motors, the most favored and government-influenced of all American companies, which has shipped jobs overseas. If American cars are on those foreign streets, it will be because they were manufactured in China. (I wonder if Obama’s choice of South Korea rather than China as the Asian country in his list was deliberately made to conceal that fact).
And then, par for the course, he announces a new and unneeded additional bureaucracy called the Trade Enforcement Unit that will carry on investigations that could be done by existing institutions. That’s how Obama creates jobs.
Then he produces a real whopper:
Yet Obama has claimed victory over the terrorists while U.S. forces in Iraq were at their height. His own statements undercut that argument. And what big new way is the United States been striking blows at its enemies since the withdrawal? I cannot think of anything (continued drone strikes in Yemen?). But if you think that the Benghazi terrorists (not the California videomaker), the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas in particular, the Syrian Brotherhood and Salafists, Hizballah, etc., are “enemies” then how has the Obama Administration escalated efforts against them now that it has pulled all those troops out of Iraq and can spare them for other operations?
Like much of Obama’s speech, if one actually pays attention to the language and claims, it dissolves into ridiculousness.
Then we come to the “Arab Spring”:
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- A Chance To Wish IDF Soldiers a Sweet & WET New Year!
on September 23, 2014 10:33 PM
- New York City Site of Huge Rally Against Met’s Klinghoffer Opera
on September 23, 2014 10:20 PM
- Highest Number of New Immigrants in Israel from Ukraine, Russia and France
on September 23, 2014 9:16 PM
- Israel SWAT Team Exchanging Fire with Hamas Kidnappers in Hebron [video]
on September 23, 2014 7:43 PM
- Iranians with Stolen Israeli Passports Plead Guilty
on September 23, 2014 6:25 PM
- Hamas and Israel Finish Today’s Cairo Talks
on September 23, 2014 6:05 PM
- Israeli-Arab Priest at UN Human Rights Council: “Israel is the only place where Christians in the Middle East are safe.”
on September 23, 2014 5:57 PM
- ISIS Urges Muslims Worldwide, ‘Kill A Disbeliever’
on September 23, 2014 5:54 PM
- French National Abducted by ISIS Algerian Terror Group
on September 23, 2014 5:47 PM
- Travel Terror Attack Foiled on Ashdod Road
on September 23, 2014 4:53 PM
- 4 Arab Teens Charged in French Hill Gas Station Attack
on September 23, 2014 4:40 PM
- Rosh HaShana Message from PM Binyamin Netanyahu
on September 23, 2014 4:24 PM
- Death of Hebron Killers Apparently No Obstacle to Cairo Talks
on September 23, 2014 3:43 PM
- Israel Shoots Down Syrian Sukhoi-24 Fighter Jet In Israeli Airspace
on September 23, 2014 2:38 PM
- Abbas to Netanyahu: ‘End Occupation, Make Peace’
on September 23, 2014 2:22 PM
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/analysis/rubin-reports/obamas-careful-phrasing-conceals-disasters/2013/02/15/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: