Obama’s policies don’t—in the strict sense of the term—reward businesses for shipping jobs overseas; they merely punish businesses for remaining in America. Taxing executives more while adding to the regulatory and cost burden will make things worse.
If one wants to analyze Obama’s claims the auto industry is the place to start. Look at the policies of General Motors, the most favored and government-influenced of all American companies, which has shipped jobs overseas. If American cars are on those foreign streets, it will be because they were manufactured in China. (I wonder if Obama’s choice of South Korea rather than China as the Asian country in his list was deliberately made to conceal that fact).
And then, par for the course, he announces a new and unneeded additional bureaucracy called the Trade Enforcement Unit that will carry on investigations that could be done by existing institutions. That’s how Obama creates jobs.
Then he produces a real whopper:
Yet Obama has claimed victory over the terrorists while U.S. forces in Iraq were at their height. His own statements undercut that argument. And what big new way is the United States been striking blows at its enemies since the withdrawal? I cannot think of anything (continued drone strikes in Yemen?). But if you think that the Benghazi terrorists (not the California videomaker), the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas in particular, the Syrian Brotherhood and Salafists, Hizballah, etc., are “enemies” then how has the Obama Administration escalated efforts against them now that it has pulled all those troops out of Iraq and can spare them for other operations?
Like much of Obama’s speech, if one actually pays attention to the language and claims, it dissolves into ridiculousness.
Then we come to the “Arab Spring”:
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Donald Trump Defends Huckabee’s ‘Ovens’ Imagery
on July 29, 2015 9:15 PM
- Netanyahu Promises 804 Homes for “Settlers’ – 3 Years after Previous Pledge
on July 29, 2015 7:12 PM
- US Won’t Let Pollard Out of Country for Five Years
on July 29, 2015 7:00 PM
- Brandeis Study: Antisemitism on College Campuses Is in the Eye of the Beholder
on July 29, 2015 5:36 PM
- Update: Child Killer Samir Kuntar Dead in Alleged Israeli Air Strike
on July 29, 2015 4:45 PM
- Movie Based on Pollard Case to be Produced by Jackal Group
on July 29, 2015 4:03 PM
- Southern Israel Solar Field of 134 Acres Connected to Electric Grid
on July 29, 2015 3:21 PM
- Police Charges Five Hilltop Youth with Arson of Church at the Kinneret
on July 29, 2015 2:53 PM
- Taliban’s Supreme Leader Dead
on July 29, 2015 2:12 PM
- Israel Demolishes Apartment Houses at Beit El
on July 29, 2015 12:56 PM
- Great Synagogue, Shulhof of Vilna Rediscovered 70 Years After Nazi Destruction
on July 29, 2015 12:30 PM
- Traumatized Jews Battle Israeli Forces, Nightmares in Samaria
on July 29, 2015 11:21 AM
- Despite Claims of a (Flawed) Poll, American Jews Oppose Iran Deal
on July 29, 2015 4:27 AM
- Netanyahu Tells Pollard’s Wife ‘We Look Forward to his Release’
on July 28, 2015 11:37 PM
- Tent City Raised to Protest Beit El Building Demolitions
on July 28, 2015 11:12 PM
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/analysis/rubin-reports/obamas-careful-phrasing-conceals-disasters/2013/02/15/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: