Obama’s policies don’t—in the strict sense of the term—reward businesses for shipping jobs overseas; they merely punish businesses for remaining in America. Taxing executives more while adding to the regulatory and cost burden will make things worse.
If one wants to analyze Obama’s claims the auto industry is the place to start. Look at the policies of General Motors, the most favored and government-influenced of all American companies, which has shipped jobs overseas. If American cars are on those foreign streets, it will be because they were manufactured in China. (I wonder if Obama’s choice of South Korea rather than China as the Asian country in his list was deliberately made to conceal that fact).
And then, par for the course, he announces a new and unneeded additional bureaucracy called the Trade Enforcement Unit that will carry on investigations that could be done by existing institutions. That’s how Obama creates jobs.
Then he produces a real whopper:
Yet Obama has claimed victory over the terrorists while U.S. forces in Iraq were at their height. His own statements undercut that argument. And what big new way is the United States been striking blows at its enemies since the withdrawal? I cannot think of anything (continued drone strikes in Yemen?). But if you think that the Benghazi terrorists (not the California videomaker), the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas in particular, the Syrian Brotherhood and Salafists, Hizballah, etc., are “enemies” then how has the Obama Administration escalated efforts against them now that it has pulled all those troops out of Iraq and can spare them for other operations?
Like much of Obama’s speech, if one actually pays attention to the language and claims, it dissolves into ridiculousness.
Then we come to the “Arab Spring”:
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
Imported and Older Comments:
- IDF Soldier in Stable Condition After Attack North of Jerusalem
on October 2, 2016 1:21 AM
- Jordanians Protest Natural Gas Deal with Israel
on October 2, 2016 12:44 AM
- Report: Israel Paid $20M to Turkey as Compensation for Mavi Marmara
on October 2, 2016 12:32 AM
- Holiday Closure Begins at Palestinian Authority, Gaza Crossings
on October 2, 2016 12:05 AM
- PA Military Liaison Officer Arrested After Criticizing Abbas for Attending Peres Funeral
on October 2, 2016 12:03 AM
- Woman of the Year 5776: Justice Minister Ayelet Shaked
on October 1, 2016 11:55 PM
- White House Corrects Obama’s Eulogy Transcript, Deletes Israel
on October 1, 2016 10:15 PM
- Security Guard Shot, Critically Wounded in Attack on Moscow Choral Synagogue
on October 1, 2016 9:48 PM
- FULL TEXT: US President Barack Obama’s Eulogy for Israel’s 9th President, Shimon Peres, z’l [video]
on October 1, 2016 8:53 PM
- Attempted Terror Stabbing Foiled
on September 30, 2016 3:59 PM
- Eulogies by Shimon Peres’ Three Children
on September 30, 2016 12:36 PM
- President Reuven Rivlin’s eulogy at the funeral of Israel’s Ninth President Shimon Peres
on September 30, 2016 12:23 PM
- Rightwing Paper Crowns Shooting Medic Azaria ‘Man of the Year’
on September 30, 2016 12:06 PM
- AG Schneiderman Deepens Trump Charity Probe
on September 30, 2016 10:53 AM
- Newcomer Rabbinic Organization Launches Lower East Side Eruv Against Establishment View
on September 30, 2016 10:11 AM
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/analysis/rubin-reports/obamas-careful-phrasing-conceals-disasters/2013/02/15/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: