Obama’s policies don’t—in the strict sense of the term—reward businesses for shipping jobs overseas; they merely punish businesses for remaining in America. Taxing executives more while adding to the regulatory and cost burden will make things worse.
If one wants to analyze Obama’s claims the auto industry is the place to start. Look at the policies of General Motors, the most favored and government-influenced of all American companies, which has shipped jobs overseas. If American cars are on those foreign streets, it will be because they were manufactured in China. (I wonder if Obama’s choice of South Korea rather than China as the Asian country in his list was deliberately made to conceal that fact).
And then, par for the course, he announces a new and unneeded additional bureaucracy called the Trade Enforcement Unit that will carry on investigations that could be done by existing institutions. That’s how Obama creates jobs.
Then he produces a real whopper:
Yet Obama has claimed victory over the terrorists while U.S. forces in Iraq were at their height. His own statements undercut that argument. And what big new way is the United States been striking blows at its enemies since the withdrawal? I cannot think of anything (continued drone strikes in Yemen?). But if you think that the Benghazi terrorists (not the California videomaker), the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas in particular, the Syrian Brotherhood and Salafists, Hizballah, etc., are “enemies” then how has the Obama Administration escalated efforts against them now that it has pulled all those troops out of Iraq and can spare them for other operations?
Like much of Obama’s speech, if one actually pays attention to the language and claims, it dissolves into ridiculousness.
Then we come to the “Arab Spring”:
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Survey: A Party Led by Ya’alon, Sa’ar, Kahlon, Could Defeat Netanyahu
on May 27, 2016 4:01 PM
- Sunday Off? Israel’s Unions, Employers, Clash over Shorter Work Week
on May 27, 2016 11:37 AM
- New Defense Minister Facing Challenges Within and Without
on May 27, 2016 9:58 AM
- Israelis Are ‘Like a Rash,’ Says Irish Member of European Parliament
on May 27, 2016 8:20 AM
- Israel Rocked by Anti-Semitic Rape of Mentally-Handicapped Woman and Police Coverup
on May 27, 2016 8:14 AM
- MK Glick’s First Act Is Complaint About… You Guessed It
on May 26, 2016 9:25 PM
- Trump the Republican Nominee with 1,237 Delegates
on May 26, 2016 9:03 PM
- Haifa U Study: Educators Should Watch for High-Functioning Autistic Children with Handwriting Difficulties
on May 26, 2016 6:08 PM
- New Report: 22 Israeli Academics in the Service of BDS
on May 26, 2016 5:30 PM
- State Dept. Says Liberman Appointment ‘Raises Legitimate Questions’ About Direction of Israeli Govt
on May 26, 2016 3:57 PM
- More Competition for Israel’s El Al Airlines
on May 26, 2016 3:20 PM
- Analysis: Jews Vs. Arabs May Yet Blow Up the DNC Convention this Summer
on May 26, 2016 3:15 PM
- Rabbi Yisrael Rosen: No More Ethiopian Immigrants
on May 26, 2016 1:14 PM
- Tens of Thousands Rejoice in Lag B’Omer Celebration at Rashbi’s Tomb on Mt. Meron [video]
on May 26, 2016 12:44 PM
- Smuggled Rocket/Mortar Parts Shipment From Hebron to Gaza Foiled
on May 26, 2016 11:30 AM
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/analysis/rubin-reports/obamas-careful-phrasing-conceals-disasters/2013/02/15/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: