Obama’s policies don’t—in the strict sense of the term—reward businesses for shipping jobs overseas; they merely punish businesses for remaining in America. Taxing executives more while adding to the regulatory and cost burden will make things worse.
If one wants to analyze Obama’s claims the auto industry is the place to start. Look at the policies of General Motors, the most favored and government-influenced of all American companies, which has shipped jobs overseas. If American cars are on those foreign streets, it will be because they were manufactured in China. (I wonder if Obama’s choice of South Korea rather than China as the Asian country in his list was deliberately made to conceal that fact).
And then, par for the course, he announces a new and unneeded additional bureaucracy called the Trade Enforcement Unit that will carry on investigations that could be done by existing institutions. That’s how Obama creates jobs.
Then he produces a real whopper:
Yet Obama has claimed victory over the terrorists while U.S. forces in Iraq were at their height. His own statements undercut that argument. And what big new way is the United States been striking blows at its enemies since the withdrawal? I cannot think of anything (continued drone strikes in Yemen?). But if you think that the Benghazi terrorists (not the California videomaker), the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas in particular, the Syrian Brotherhood and Salafists, Hizballah, etc., are “enemies” then how has the Obama Administration escalated efforts against them now that it has pulled all those troops out of Iraq and can spare them for other operations?
Like much of Obama’s speech, if one actually pays attention to the language and claims, it dissolves into ridiculousness.
Then we come to the “Arab Spring”:
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Frenchman Probed for Telling TV He Might Kill Jews
on September 30, 2014 1:56 PM
- Children Evacuated as Arabs Attack JM Neighborhood of Maaleh HaZeitim [video]
on September 30, 2014 1:45 PM
- Cholov Yisrael and ‘Glatt’ at Wal-Mart!
on September 30, 2014 1:42 PM
- Jewish Stars of ‘Star Trek’ Shill for VW
on September 30, 2014 1:08 PM
- Bibi, Sheldon, Doing Traif Italian Lunch After UN Assembly Speech
on September 30, 2014 11:48 AM
- Atlantic City Rabbi’s SUV Torched On Rosh Hashanah
on September 30, 2014 11:41 AM
- Iran Set To Hang Woman Accused of Murdering Rapist
on September 30, 2014 11:31 AM
- Jews Enter Six More Buildings in Silwan Secretly Bought from Arabs
on September 30, 2014 10:24 AM
- 40 Graves in Mount of Olives Cemetery Vandalized During Rosh Hashanah
on September 30, 2014 12:50 AM
- Report: Intruder Actually Reached East Room of White House
on September 30, 2014 12:25 AM
- Text of Prime Minister Netanyahu’s Speech at the UN General Assembly [video]
on September 29, 2014 11:43 PM
- Palestinians Irate As ‘Third Temple With Underground Parking’ Crowdfunding Raises $105,000
on September 29, 2014 9:36 PM
- JetBlue, EL AL, To Codeshare, Connecting Tel Aviv With 35 US Destinations
on September 29, 2014 9:29 PM
- Oklahoma – The Beheading Capital?
on September 29, 2014 8:55 PM
- Netanyahu Warns the UNGA: ‘Don’t Be Fooled by Iran’s Charm Offensive’
on September 29, 2014 8:01 PM
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/analysis/rubin-reports/obamas-careful-phrasing-conceals-disasters/2013/02/15/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: