Obama’s policies don’t—in the strict sense of the term—reward businesses for shipping jobs overseas; they merely punish businesses for remaining in America. Taxing executives more while adding to the regulatory and cost burden will make things worse.
If one wants to analyze Obama’s claims the auto industry is the place to start. Look at the policies of General Motors, the most favored and government-influenced of all American companies, which has shipped jobs overseas. If American cars are on those foreign streets, it will be because they were manufactured in China. (I wonder if Obama’s choice of South Korea rather than China as the Asian country in his list was deliberately made to conceal that fact).
And then, par for the course, he announces a new and unneeded additional bureaucracy called the Trade Enforcement Unit that will carry on investigations that could be done by existing institutions. That’s how Obama creates jobs.
Then he produces a real whopper:
Yet Obama has claimed victory over the terrorists while U.S. forces in Iraq were at their height. His own statements undercut that argument. And what big new way is the United States been striking blows at its enemies since the withdrawal? I cannot think of anything (continued drone strikes in Yemen?). But if you think that the Benghazi terrorists (not the California videomaker), the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas in particular, the Syrian Brotherhood and Salafists, Hizballah, etc., are “enemies” then how has the Obama Administration escalated efforts against them now that it has pulled all those troops out of Iraq and can spare them for other operations?
Like much of Obama’s speech, if one actually pays attention to the language and claims, it dissolves into ridiculousness.
Then we come to the “Arab Spring”:
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Palestinian Authority Tries to Grab Dead Sea Oil Reservoir
on May 2, 2016 11:47 PM
- Israeli Labour Party Ponders Cutting Ties to British Labour Over Anti-Semitism
on May 2, 2016 11:30 PM
- UPDATE: Stabbing in Jerusalem, Jewish Man Seriously Wounded, Terrorist Captured [video]
on May 2, 2016 10:56 PM
- A First: Rasmussen Gives Trump 2-Point National Lead Over Clinton
on May 2, 2016 9:43 PM
- Kahlon: Half-Billion Shekels to Go to Holocaust Survivors and Elderly
on May 2, 2016 9:35 PM
- Israel to Open Second Gaza Crossing to Transfer Goods
on May 2, 2016 9:19 PM
- Giant Chipmaker Intel Starts Israeli Layoffs
on May 2, 2016 9:11 PM
- German Rightwing Party Calling for Ban on Islam as Leftists Clash with Police
on May 2, 2016 6:49 PM
- Italian Kickboxing Champion Denies Joining ISIS, Plotting to Blow Up Israeli Embassy, Vatican
on May 2, 2016 6:14 PM
- Israeli Soldiers Capture 3 Terror Fugitives, Find Weaponry
on May 2, 2016 4:05 PM
- Another UK Labour Member Suspended Over Anti-Semitic Vitriol on Facebook
on May 2, 2016 3:29 PM
- Shaked’s Plan to Apply Israeli Law Beyond Green Line Provokes Backlash from Radical Left
on May 2, 2016 2:58 PM
- Justice Minister Commits to Enforcing Sovereignty in Area C
on May 2, 2016 2:33 PM
- Hungarian Authorities Arrest 2 Suspects in Death of Ofir Gross, z’l
on May 2, 2016 12:49 PM
- Sanders Fundraising Plummets in April
on May 2, 2016 12:49 PM
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/analysis/rubin-reports/obamas-careful-phrasing-conceals-disasters/2013/02/15/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: