Another issue that is being mishandled is that of Syria’s Kurds. The easiest thing the West could do would be to help Syria’s Kurds who just want autonomy, not to be subject to the current directorship, radical Arab nationalists, or Islamists. This would make the Kurds of Iraq, American allies, very happy. But Obama won’t do that because it would make Islamist-ruled Turkey, an enemy of America that President Barack Obama loves more than any other country in the region, very unhappy and so probably won’t happen.
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Star Trek’s Leonard Nimoy, 83, ‘Lived Long And Prospered’
on February 27, 2015 11:29 PM
- Reducing Iran’s Number of Centrifuges Makes a Bomb More Likely
on February 27, 2015 3:49 PM
- Cycling the Desert: New Israel Bike Trail Connects Mitzpe Ramon to Eilat
on February 27, 2015 12:00 PM
- Said Says (Falsely): ‘Israel flooding Gaza with Waste Water’
on February 27, 2015 11:57 AM
- State Dept. Admits Even Obama Is not ‘Infallible’
on February 27, 2015 11:15 AM
- A Lost Soul and $25 Buys a Ticket to Cross from Turkey to ISIS
on February 27, 2015 10:00 AM
- Kerry to Talk with Iran at Same Time Netanyahu to Warn Congress
on February 27, 2015 9:30 AM
- House Speaker Boehner Says Netanyahu Speech Won’t Harm US-Israel Relations
on February 27, 2015 7:30 AM
- Jordan, Israel Sign Historic Red Sea-Dead Sea Rescue Deal
on February 27, 2015 4:00 AM
- Obama White House Sends Susan Rice, Samantha Power to AIPAC
on February 27, 2015 3:20 AM
- New York Jury Convicts Saudi Man in 1998 Al Qaeda Attack on US Embassy
on February 27, 2015 12:52 AM
- Netanyahu Will Meet With Bipartisan Senate Leadership Prior to March 3 Speech
on February 27, 2015 12:51 AM
- Meet ‘Jihadi John’
on February 26, 2015 9:14 PM
- Stabbing Attempt in Gush Etzion
on February 26, 2015 7:33 PM
- Germany’s Central Council Of Jews Warns Against Wearing Yarmulkes
on February 26, 2015 4:08 PM