Another issue that is being mishandled is that of Syria’s Kurds. The easiest thing the West could do would be to help Syria’s Kurds who just want autonomy, not to be subject to the current directorship, radical Arab nationalists, or Islamists. This would make the Kurds of Iraq, American allies, very happy. But Obama won’t do that because it would make Islamist-ruled Turkey, an enemy of America that President Barack Obama loves more than any other country in the region, very unhappy and so probably won’t happen.
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Pricey ISIS ‘Chotchkes’ on Amazon, Facebook For Sale
on September 21, 2014 8:27 PM
- New Traces of Life Found in Theresienstadt
on September 21, 2014 8:03 PM
- IDF Officer’s Role Was to Ensure Protection of Gazan Civilians [video]
on September 21, 2014 7:54 PM
- Govt Approves Massive Upgrade of Southern Israeli Infrastruction
on September 21, 2014 7:20 PM
- Control of Yemen Seized by Shiite Rebels
on September 21, 2014 7:02 PM
- Cairo Cease-fire Talks Moved Up in Deference to Jewish Holidays
on September 21, 2014 7:00 PM
- President Rivlin to Inaugurate Jewish Museum of Warsaw
on September 21, 2014 6:46 PM
- Parents Speak Out Against Arab Violence on Mount of Olives
on September 21, 2014 6:24 PM
- One-Quarter of European Jews Fear Wearing Jewish Symbols in Public
on September 21, 2014 5:57 PM
- S&P Keeps Israel’s A+ Rating
on September 21, 2014 3:38 PM
- Gush Etzion Fence Vote Delayed
on September 21, 2014 2:49 PM
- Huge Stalactite Cave Discovered Near Gush Etzion
on September 21, 2014 12:44 PM
- Police Find 3.5 Tons of Marijuana North of Tel Aviv [video]
on September 21, 2014 11:19 AM
- Israel’s Population Nears 9 Million
on September 21, 2014 11:03 AM
- Neglecting Terror Setting Up Eastern Jerusalem Jews for Expulsion
on September 21, 2014 10:29 AM