Another issue that is being mishandled is that of Syria’s Kurds. The easiest thing the West could do would be to help Syria’s Kurds who just want autonomy, not to be subject to the current directorship, radical Arab nationalists, or Islamists. This would make the Kurds of Iraq, American allies, very happy. But Obama won’t do that because it would make Islamist-ruled Turkey, an enemy of America that President Barack Obama loves more than any other country in the region, very unhappy and so probably won’t happen.
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Obama Negotiated with Cuba ‘Behind Everyone’s Back,’ Lawmakers Charge
on December 18, 2014 8:51 PM
- Netanyahu Warns Israel ‘Will Not Allow’ PA’s UN Resolution to Endanger Israelis
on December 18, 2014 7:33 PM
- Unique 65-Foot Long Entrance Discovered at Herodian Hilltop Palace
on December 18, 2014 3:32 PM
- Sydney Chabad Hanukkah Menorah Lighting Canceled ‘Out of Respect’
on December 18, 2014 2:31 PM
- Israeli-Americans Stranded in Bus Strike
on December 18, 2014 1:47 PM
- Youth Arrested for Threatening Eli Yishai
on December 18, 2014 1:35 PM
- Putin Blames ‘Outside Factors’ for Falling Ruble
on December 18, 2014 1:26 PM
- Hamas Holds Live-Fire Training Hours after EU Takes It off Terror List
on December 18, 2014 1:12 PM
- Alan Gross Credits Jewish Efforts for His Release From Cuba [video]
on December 18, 2014 12:23 PM
- Moshe Feiglin Drops Out of Likud PM Race
on December 18, 2014 11:06 AM
- The Jewish Hipster Party
on December 18, 2014 10:14 AM
- Terror Threat Puts Kibosh on Sony’s NYC Film Release
on December 18, 2014 2:30 AM
- Harvard Boycotts SodaStream (Despite Company’s Surrender)
on December 18, 2014 2:16 AM
- Israel’s FM Liberman Declines Swedish Meeting Request Over PA Recognition
on December 18, 2014 1:35 AM
- US Re-Defines ‘Unilateral’ to Justify PA Burying the Oslo Accords
on December 17, 2014 10:16 PM