Another issue that is being mishandled is that of Syria’s Kurds. The easiest thing the West could do would be to help Syria’s Kurds who just want autonomy, not to be subject to the current directorship, radical Arab nationalists, or Islamists. This would make the Kurds of Iraq, American allies, very happy. But Obama won’t do that because it would make Islamist-ruled Turkey, an enemy of America that President Barack Obama loves more than any other country in the region, very unhappy and so probably won’t happen.
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Cardin to Introduce New Legislation to Strengthen Insupportable Iran Deal
on September 4, 2015 9:37 PM
- Cardiff Kills Exhibition of Jews, Muslims, Christians Playing Together Because It Was Shot in Israel
on September 4, 2015 5:04 PM
- A Tale of Two Prayers: Muslims and Clinton vs. Jews and Psalms [video]
on September 4, 2015 1:08 PM
- ‘Catch-22″ Comes to the Temple Mount
on September 4, 2015 10:26 AM
- Biden Tells Atlanta Jews ‘Honest to God, I Don’t Know If I Will Run’ [video]
on September 4, 2015 10:12 AM
- ‘Lone Soldiers’ Get a Treat in ‘Fun Day’ At Water Park
on September 4, 2015 9:12 AM
- British MP Accuses UK of Supporting Iran ‘at Expense of Allies’
on September 4, 2015 8:52 AM
- Cory Booker + 2 More Senators Announce Support for Nuclear Iran Deal
on September 4, 2015 1:30 AM
- Netanyahu, Kahlon Cut Taxes to Spur Sluggish Economy
on September 3, 2015 11:00 PM
- Attempted Lynch Attack on 5 US Jewish Tourists in Hebron, Saved by Local Arab
on September 3, 2015 8:03 PM
- A Jewish Family’s Search To Save a Daughter With Familial Disautonomia
on September 3, 2015 7:23 PM
- Head of Joint Arab List Hospitalized with Chest Pain
on September 3, 2015 6:28 PM
- Pres. Rivlin Meets in State Visit with Pope Francis at Vatican
on September 3, 2015 6:08 PM
- French Investigators Rule ‘No Evidence’ Yasser Arafat Murdered
on September 3, 2015 3:48 PM
- Analysis: New Pew Report Has Seen the Jewish American Future and It’s Orthodox
on September 3, 2015 3:08 PM