Another issue that is being mishandled is that of Syria’s Kurds. The easiest thing the West could do would be to help Syria’s Kurds who just want autonomy, not to be subject to the current directorship, radical Arab nationalists, or Islamists. This would make the Kurds of Iraq, American allies, very happy. But Obama won’t do that because it would make Islamist-ruled Turkey, an enemy of America that President Barack Obama loves more than any other country in the region, very unhappy and so probably won’t happen.
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Trump and Sanders on Top in New Hampshire
on February 10, 2016 4:03 AM
- WH Rescinds Objections, Israel to Receive Latest Long Distance Boeing Refueler
on February 9, 2016 9:24 PM
- Tell Jennifer Lopez Why She Should Keep Plans to Perform in Tel Aviv
on February 9, 2016 9:17 PM
- Justice Minister Has Reservations about 90-MK Ban Proposal
on February 9, 2016 8:21 PM
- Israeli Jogger Wounded in Terror Attack Near Neve Daniel
on February 9, 2016 8:10 PM
- Ted Nugent Going Anti-Semitic on Jews Who Want to Take Away his Guns
on February 9, 2016 7:19 PM
- Arab Terrorists Attacking Buses, Cars on Highway 60
on February 9, 2016 6:16 PM
- Knesset Amends Anti-Infiltration Law Lowering Migrant Detention to 12 Months
on February 9, 2016 4:37 PM
- Hamas Terrorist Killed in Khan Younis Tunnel Collapse
on February 9, 2016 4:07 PM
- ‘Small Schools, Kindergartens Don’t Qualify for Gov’t Security Protection’
on February 9, 2016 3:35 PM
- Bernie Sanders Tattoos the Rage in New England
on February 9, 2016 2:03 PM
- Court Rules Against Boy Who Sang Israel’s National Anthem on Temple Mount
on February 9, 2016 1:22 PM
- Technion Develops Small Portable Ultrasound
on February 9, 2016 1:10 PM
- India Puts Final Touches on $3b Military Deals With Israel
on February 9, 2016 1:06 PM
- Adelson’s Lawyer Tells Court the Billionaire Does Not Own ‘Israel Today’
on February 9, 2016 12:24 PM