Another issue that is being mishandled is that of Syria’s Kurds. The easiest thing the West could do would be to help Syria’s Kurds who just want autonomy, not to be subject to the current directorship, radical Arab nationalists, or Islamists. This would make the Kurds of Iraq, American allies, very happy. But Obama won’t do that because it would make Islamist-ruled Turkey, an enemy of America that President Barack Obama loves more than any other country in the region, very unhappy and so probably won’t happen.
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Netanyahu: Labor Party ‘Beginning to Understand Where We Live’
on February 12, 2016 4:02 PM
- Report: Russia, Israel, to Sign Free Trade Agreement
on February 12, 2016 2:48 PM
- Senior Arab MK: No Point in Renewing Peace Negotiations
on February 12, 2016 12:28 PM
- White House: Obama Will Sign Trade Bill Begrudgingly, Hates Anti-BDS Part
on February 12, 2016 10:13 AM
- Congress Members Move to Shut Down PLO Office in U.S.
on February 12, 2016 6:55 AM
- Annals of Democracy: Lapid Cancels Primaries, Retains Total Control
on February 11, 2016 10:44 PM
- Arab MK Describes Terrorists As “Precious Sons”
on February 11, 2016 8:39 PM
- There’s No ‘P’ in Palestine
on February 11, 2016 7:50 PM
- Sources: IDF Preparing for Action on Hamas Tunnels Across Gaza Border
on February 11, 2016 7:36 PM
- Reform Movement Boycotting Israeli Tourism Minister
on February 11, 2016 6:44 PM
- MK Livni: Foreign Media Cover Terror Attacks As If They’re Road Accidents
on February 11, 2016 5:09 PM
- Former PA Minster: We No Longer Abide by Oslo Accords
on February 11, 2016 5:00 PM
- Two Arab Schoolgirls Indicted as Terrorists in Ramle
on February 11, 2016 4:42 PM
- Oil Prices Hitting Barrel Bottoms: Good News for Israel
on February 11, 2016 3:41 PM
- New Report: 11.5% Killed or Injured as Syria’s Death Toll Reaches 470,000
on February 11, 2016 11:26 AM