Another issue that is being mishandled is that of Syria’s Kurds. The easiest thing the West could do would be to help Syria’s Kurds who just want autonomy, not to be subject to the current directorship, radical Arab nationalists, or Islamists. This would make the Kurds of Iraq, American allies, very happy. But Obama won’t do that because it would make Islamist-ruled Turkey, an enemy of America that President Barack Obama loves more than any other country in the region, very unhappy and so probably won’t happen.
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Beitar JM Soccer Team Owner Shot
on March 1, 2015 3:33 PM
- Herzog-Livni Desperate in Face of Negative Polls
on March 1, 2015 1:53 PM
- Netanyahu Flies to New York and Washington for ‘Fateful’ Speech
on March 1, 2015 1:19 PM
- Kuwait Paper: Obama Threatened to Fire on Israeli Planes Attacking Iran
on March 1, 2015 12:48 PM
- Snow Forecast This Week for all 50 States [video]
on March 1, 2015 12:09 PM
- Answer This American Jewish Poll: Should Bibi Speak to Congress?
on March 1, 2015 11:35 AM
- German Police Detain Islamists in Security Threat
on March 1, 2015 9:58 AM
- Obama on Collision Course with Senate Bill on Iran Deal
on March 1, 2015 9:15 AM
- Desert Fantasy Or Dark Reality? Kuwaiti Paper Says Obama Threatened To Fire On Israeli Jets Attacking Iran
on March 1, 2015 12:37 AM
- California Homeowner’s Display: Hatred of Israel and US, Waves PA Flag
on February 28, 2015 11:02 PM
- Senate Resolution Unanimously Welcomes Netanyahu
on February 28, 2015 10:43 PM
- Latest Election Poll
on February 28, 2015 10:18 PM
- Kerry Warns Abbas Not to Break Security Ties with Israel
on February 28, 2015 10:02 PM
- Netanyahu Visits Western Wall before Leaving for US
on February 28, 2015 9:27 PM
- Three Car Crash Near Beit Shemesh
on February 28, 2015 9:21 PM