Another issue that is being mishandled is that of Syria’s Kurds. The easiest thing the West could do would be to help Syria’s Kurds who just want autonomy, not to be subject to the current directorship, radical Arab nationalists, or Islamists. This would make the Kurds of Iraq, American allies, very happy. But Obama won’t do that because it would make Islamist-ruled Turkey, an enemy of America that President Barack Obama loves more than any other country in the region, very unhappy and so probably won’t happen.
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Israeli Court Rules: Priceless Kafka Collection Goes to Israel’s National Library
on July 8, 2015 2:30 AM
- IDF Tunnel Warning System to be Fully Operational in Days
on July 7, 2015 11:59 PM
- Exclusive: First IDF Cyber-Defense Program Opens at Yeshiva
on July 7, 2015 9:01 PM
- Shas MK Begins ‘Three Week’s with ‘Senseless Hate’ against Reform Jews
on July 7, 2015 7:04 PM
- NBA Star’s Grassroots Campaign Raises $440,000 to Save Lives in Israel
on July 7, 2015 6:04 PM
- IDF to Place Four Elite Combat Units under New Command
on July 7, 2015 4:25 PM
- Iran Deal to Miss Fifth Deadline
on July 7, 2015 3:59 PM
- Twitter Poll: Voters Prefer an Avocado over Trump in the White House
on July 7, 2015 3:17 PM
- Gaza ‘Reconstruction’ Taking Place Underground
on July 7, 2015 2:45 PM
- Food Poisoning Kills 45 ISIS Fighters
on July 7, 2015 2:37 PM
- Ryanair Flying to Israel with Big Boost to Negev
on July 7, 2015 2:25 PM
- Iran’s Rafsanjani Reiterates ‘Israel Will Be Wiped Off The Map’
on July 7, 2015 2:05 PM
- 170 Hamas Men Arrested in PA Sweep of Judea, Samaria
on July 7, 2015 12:59 PM
- Yad Vashem Wins the Oscar for Schindler’s List
on July 7, 2015 12:33 PM
- Israeli Eye Surgery Breakthrough Uses Stitch-free Cornea Transplants
on July 7, 2015 11:43 AM