Another issue that is being mishandled is that of Syria’s Kurds. The easiest thing the West could do would be to help Syria’s Kurds who just want autonomy, not to be subject to the current directorship, radical Arab nationalists, or Islamists. This would make the Kurds of Iraq, American allies, very happy. But Obama won’t do that because it would make Islamist-ruled Turkey, an enemy of America that President Barack Obama loves more than any other country in the region, very unhappy and so probably won’t happen.
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Huge Stalactite Cave Discovered Near Gush Etzion
on September 21, 2014 12:44 PM
- Police Find 3.5 Tons of Marijuana North of Tel Aviv [video]
on September 21, 2014 11:19 AM
- Israel’s Population Nears 9 Million
on September 21, 2014 11:03 AM
- ‘Benign Neglect’ May Be Setting Up Eastern Jerusalem Jews for Expulsion
on September 21, 2014 10:29 AM
- ISIS Shows Off 13-Year-Old Belgian Boy Jihadist
on September 21, 2014 9:24 AM
- ISIS Releases Hour-Long ‘Feature Film’
on September 21, 2014 1:45 AM
- Muslims Plead with ISIS for Life of UK Aid Worker Alan Henning
on September 21, 2014 12:44 AM
on September 20, 2014 11:55 PM
- Negotiations With Hamas Moved Up a Day
on September 20, 2014 11:50 PM
- Turkey Retrieves 49 Citizen Hostages from ISIS
on September 20, 2014 10:17 PM
- First Time: Iran, China Begin Joint Naval Drills
on September 20, 2014 9:51 PM
- Lockheed Martin Registers Company in Israel
on September 20, 2014 9:21 PM
- Report: Netanyahu, Lapid Reach 2015 Budget Deal
on September 20, 2014 9:17 PM
- Jordanian Lawmakers Cancel Gaza Visit on Security Grounds
on September 20, 2014 9:02 PM
- conEdision’s Multilingual Video on Gas Safety [video]
on September 20, 2014 8:40 PM