Another issue that is being mishandled is that of Syria’s Kurds. The easiest thing the West could do would be to help Syria’s Kurds who just want autonomy, not to be subject to the current directorship, radical Arab nationalists, or Islamists. This would make the Kurds of Iraq, American allies, very happy. But Obama won’t do that because it would make Islamist-ruled Turkey, an enemy of America that President Barack Obama loves more than any other country in the region, very unhappy and so probably won’t happen.
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- President Rivlin Tours Gaza Border Communities, Praises IDF Operational Power
on August 24, 2016 1:17 PM
- Bennett Touts Education Ministry’s Service to Kindergartners, Special Ed
on August 24, 2016 12:18 PM
- Putin, Netanyahu, Talk Peace Process on Phone
on August 24, 2016 11:14 AM
- Tourists Assaulted by Israeli Arabs, Police Detain, Confiscate Weapon of Soldier who Defended Them
on August 24, 2016 10:21 AM
- UN Outraged over ‘Extrajudicial Execution’ by PA Cops
on August 24, 2016 9:32 AM
- Outreach Pioneer And Longtime Jewish Press Columnist Rebbetzin Esther Jungreis Passes Away
on August 24, 2016 7:23 AM
- Baruch Dayan Haemes: Rebbetzin Esther Jungreis a”h
on August 23, 2016 11:15 PM
- Israeli Olympic Medalist Auctions Her Rio Name Patch to Benefit Children with Cancer
on August 23, 2016 7:49 PM
- Conspiracy Theory and Aliens Expert Barry Chamish, 64
on August 23, 2016 5:16 PM
- Israeli Forces Locate 7 Illegal Weapons Workshops Overnight in Bethlehem, Hebron
on August 23, 2016 2:07 PM
- 3,500 Year Old Treasures Retrieved from the Sea by Electric Plant Worker
on August 23, 2016 1:33 PM
- Ha’aretz on Warpath Against New Hebron Jewish Housing
on August 23, 2016 12:33 PM
- TAU Researchers Decipher Malignant Melanoma
on August 23, 2016 11:02 AM
- Catch 22: Letting Hamas Partake in PA Free Elections Could Topple the PA
on August 23, 2016 10:48 AM
- Gush Etzion Host Its First Dog Show
on August 23, 2016 9:02 AM