Another issue that is being mishandled is that of Syria’s Kurds. The easiest thing the West could do would be to help Syria’s Kurds who just want autonomy, not to be subject to the current directorship, radical Arab nationalists, or Islamists. This would make the Kurds of Iraq, American allies, very happy. But Obama won’t do that because it would make Islamist-ruled Turkey, an enemy of America that President Barack Obama loves more than any other country in the region, very unhappy and so probably won’t happen.
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Golani Commander Proves Why the Unit is Known for Bravery
on July 23, 2014 6:01 AM
- Ruderman Family Foundation Rewards Jewish Organizations for Ensuring Inclusion
on July 23, 2014 5:30 AM
- US and European Flights to Israel Cancelled Due to Rockets
on July 22, 2014 10:25 PM
- UN’s Ban on the Moon with ‘Stop Fighting, Start Talking’ Message
on July 22, 2014 7:58 PM
- IDF Mom Speaks About Gaza Op
on July 22, 2014 7:07 PM
- Ban Ki-Moon: Israel Has Right to Defend Country
on July 22, 2014 6:22 PM
- Livni: Gaza Op ‘Unavoidable’
on July 22, 2014 5:57 PM
- Wounded Soldiers Show Improvement
on July 22, 2014 5:08 PM
- WSJ: Hamas Uses Shifa Hospital As Safe Place
on July 22, 2014 4:54 PM
- Netanyahu Meets Wounded Soldiers
on July 22, 2014 4:29 PM
- Latest Rocket Alert Update: Tuesday, 10:28 pm
on July 22, 2014 4:07 PM
- Lone Soldier Funeral Limited to 300 People
on July 22, 2014 3:55 PM
- Arab Zionist Takes on MK Zoabi…Again
on July 22, 2014 3:26 PM
- IDF Names Missing Soldier As Sgt. Oron Shaul
on July 22, 2014 3:17 PM
- Photo Essay: Israel Supporters Rally in NY
on July 22, 2014 2:45 PM