Another issue that is being mishandled is that of Syria’s Kurds. The easiest thing the West could do would be to help Syria’s Kurds who just want autonomy, not to be subject to the current directorship, radical Arab nationalists, or Islamists. This would make the Kurds of Iraq, American allies, very happy. But Obama won’t do that because it would make Islamist-ruled Turkey, an enemy of America that President Barack Obama loves more than any other country in the region, very unhappy and so probably won’t happen.
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- On This Violent ‘Day of Rage,’ a/k/a Friday, Closure Imposed on PA Villages
on November 27, 2015 9:17 PM
- In Wake of New Intifada Netanyahu Cabinet Reevaluating Letting the Palestinian Authority Collapse
on November 27, 2015 2:00 PM
- Ramming Attack in Beit Ummar near Hebron
on November 27, 2015 12:52 PM
- Israel Discusses Collapse of Palestinian Authority
on November 27, 2015 12:11 PM
- Israel to Open Visible Mission in Abu Dhabi
on November 27, 2015 11:24 AM
- Obama Compares First US Pilgrims with Syrian Refugees
on November 27, 2015 11:19 AM
- Islamic Terror in Europe Turning Israel into West’s Best Friend
on November 27, 2015 10:59 AM
- New ‘Riot Kits’ Help Protect Soldiers and Police from Terrorists
on November 27, 2015 10:20 AM
- Teenage ‘Scissors Terrorist’ Complains ‘I Was Just Defending Myself’ [video]
on November 27, 2015 8:50 AM
- Terrorist Killed after Injuring 2 in Ramming Attack on Dead Sea Highway
on November 27, 2015 7:44 AM
- ‘Breaking the Silence’ Regret Use of their Work Against Israel
on November 26, 2015 10:54 PM
- Canada to Give Priority in Entry to Gay Refugees, Banning Single Straight Men
on November 26, 2015 6:26 PM
- IAEA Chief Warns No Guarantee All of Iran’s Nuclear Material is for Peaceful Activities
on November 26, 2015 6:23 PM
- IAF Policy: No Downing of Russian Aircraft Penetrating Israeli Airspace
on November 26, 2015 5:47 PM
- El Al Delays Flight to Rule Out Terror at Amsterdam Airport
on November 26, 2015 5:05 PM