Another issue that is being mishandled is that of Syria’s Kurds. The easiest thing the West could do would be to help Syria’s Kurds who just want autonomy, not to be subject to the current directorship, radical Arab nationalists, or Islamists. This would make the Kurds of Iraq, American allies, very happy. But Obama won’t do that because it would make Islamist-ruled Turkey, an enemy of America that President Barack Obama loves more than any other country in the region, very unhappy and so probably won’t happen.
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- ‘Thousands’ at Funeral for Car-Ramming Terrorist
on May 4, 2016 11:05 PM
- Arab Girl Arrested in Old City with Large Knife [video]
on May 4, 2016 10:36 PM
- Rivlin at Holocaust Remembrance Ceremony: We Will Continue to Survive and Battle Anti-Semitism
on May 4, 2016 10:12 PM
- Spurning Ceremonies, Israelis Invite Holocaust Survivors to Their Living Rooms for Remembrance Day
on May 4, 2016 9:51 PM
- IAF Targets Hamas in Air Strikes on Gaza After Mortar Attacks [video]
on May 4, 2016 8:13 PM
- Jewish Human Rights Watch Suing 3 Councils in High Court over BDS
on May 4, 2016 8:00 PM
- Tensions Rising: 6 Mortar Attacks Fired at Israel From Gaza in 24 Hours
on May 4, 2016 7:50 PM
- IDF Declares Closed Military Zone Along Gaza Border
on May 4, 2016 7:41 PM
- Brilliant Landscape Architect Roberto Burle Marx at the Jewish Museum
on May 4, 2016 5:11 PM
- Norwegian Foreign Minister Tells Abbas Paying Killer Prisoners ‘Unacceptable’
on May 4, 2016 3:30 PM
- Israel to Open Permanent Office at NATO Headquarters in Brussels
on May 4, 2016 3:18 PM
- Israel’s Material Well-Being and National Wealth Stats Up Across the Board
on May 4, 2016 2:59 PM
- Israel, Egypt Fight US Plan to Trim Troops in Sinai Multinational Force
on May 4, 2016 2:55 PM
- Officials Facing Wildfire in Alberta, Canada Order Entire City Evacuated
on May 4, 2016 2:14 PM
- Chief Rabbi of Britain Says Labour Has ‘Severe’ Problem with Anti-Semitism
on May 4, 2016 1:32 PM