Another issue that is being mishandled is that of Syria’s Kurds. The easiest thing the West could do would be to help Syria’s Kurds who just want autonomy, not to be subject to the current directorship, radical Arab nationalists, or Islamists. This would make the Kurds of Iraq, American allies, very happy. But Obama won’t do that because it would make Islamist-ruled Turkey, an enemy of America that President Barack Obama loves more than any other country in the region, very unhappy and so probably won’t happen.
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- France Declares Barghouti ‘Honorary Citizen’ 48 Hours After Catholic Priest ‘Sacrificed’ by ISIS
on July 29, 2016 2:02 AM
- BGI Airport’s Terminal 3 Evacuated After Little Boy Cries ‘Terrorist!’
on July 28, 2016 11:51 PM
- Ukraine Jews Come ‘Home’ Helped By Israel & IFCJ
on July 28, 2016 11:11 PM
- In ‘Noble Shirley 2016’ US Military Got Tips From IDF on Fighting Radical Islamic Terror
on July 28, 2016 10:28 PM
- Sderot Homes Reinforced Against Rocket Attacks from Gaza
on July 28, 2016 9:14 PM
- Merkel Uses the I Word in Pointing Finger at Terrorist Refugees
on July 28, 2016 8:36 PM
- Russian Legislator says Trump’s Statements Show Growing Pro-Russian Sentiment in US
on July 28, 2016 4:03 PM
- Knesset Considering Tax Breaks for Judea and Samaria Communities Facing Security Threats
on July 28, 2016 2:56 PM
- Turkey Escalates Media Crackdown in Wake of Failed Coup
on July 28, 2016 1:55 PM
- Olympic Committee Rejects Media Watchdog’s Call to Ban Palestine Olympic Committee Head Rajoub
on July 28, 2016 12:01 PM
- Analysis: US Critical of Jewish Construction, Mum on Next Door Govt. Construction for Arabs
on July 28, 2016 10:26 AM
- Obama Asks Democrats to ‘Do For Hillary Clinton What You Did For Me’
on July 28, 2016 7:18 AM
- Bloomberg: ‘Let’s Elect A Sane, Competent Person’
on July 28, 2016 6:11 AM
- US Congressman Johnson Apologizes for Calling Jews ‘Termites,’ Not Other Remarks
on July 28, 2016 2:58 AM
- Humanitarian Aid Still Continues to Flow Into Gaza
on July 28, 2016 1:56 AM