Another issue that is being mishandled is that of Syria’s Kurds. The easiest thing the West could do would be to help Syria’s Kurds who just want autonomy, not to be subject to the current directorship, radical Arab nationalists, or Islamists. This would make the Kurds of Iraq, American allies, very happy. But Obama won’t do that because it would make Islamist-ruled Turkey, an enemy of America that President Barack Obama loves more than any other country in the region, very unhappy and so probably won’t happen.
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
Imported and Older Comments:
- Attorney General Approves Interrogation of Arab MKs Zoabi, Zahalka on Corruption Charges
on September 29, 2016 2:05 PM
- Angry Arab Reaction to Bahrain Foreign Minister’s Condolence Tweet for Peres
on September 29, 2016 1:29 PM
- Australian Cartoonist Crucified by Jews, Leftists, over Comparing Gay Militants to Nazis
on September 29, 2016 12:26 PM
- Updated Ceremony and Traffic Details for Funeral of Israel’s Ninth President Shimon Peres
on September 29, 2016 11:06 AM
- Lying in State [photos]
on September 29, 2016 10:22 AM
- Three Republicans Introduce Bill to Cut Funds to PA over Pay to Terrorist Murderers
on September 29, 2016 10:01 AM
- Obama Unites Congressional Democrats, Republicans, in Overriding Veto Damaging 9/11 Families
on September 29, 2016 9:13 AM
- Israeli Researchers Discover Genetic Evolutionary Signature Associated to Autism
on September 29, 2016 1:26 AM
- AIPAC Mourns Shimon Peres, Indefatigable Advocate for Justice [video]
on September 29, 2016 12:20 AM
- IAEC Director: Middle East Instability Worsened By Non-State Actors Supported by Syria, Iran
on September 28, 2016 11:10 PM
- Israel Atomic Energy Commission Praises ‘Contributions’ of Shimon Peres, Mourns His Death
on September 28, 2016 10:21 PM
- Yad Vashem Mourns Passing of Israel’s 9th President, Shimon Peres
on September 28, 2016 10:05 PM
- Shin Bet Releases Peres Documents, Photos; Police Reveal Security Plans
on September 28, 2016 9:43 PM
- Palestinian Authority Leader Hails Peres As Peace Partner While PA Gov’t Vilifies Him
on September 28, 2016 6:55 PM
- Popular Albany Kosher Restaurant Gives Up Supervision
on September 28, 2016 6:04 PM