Another issue that is being mishandled is that of Syria’s Kurds. The easiest thing the West could do would be to help Syria’s Kurds who just want autonomy, not to be subject to the current directorship, radical Arab nationalists, or Islamists. This would make the Kurds of Iraq, American allies, very happy. But Obama won’t do that because it would make Islamist-ruled Turkey, an enemy of America that President Barack Obama loves more than any other country in the region, very unhappy and so probably won’t happen.
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
- Makor Rishon For Sale?
on March 12, 2014 9:31 AM
- Abutbul Wins in Beit Shemesh Re-Vote
on March 12, 2014 7:15 AM
- Brunei to Implement Shariah Law, Including Amputations and Stoning
on March 12, 2014 3:27 AM
- 14 Year Old Egyptian Girl Dies From FGM
on March 12, 2014 12:20 AM
- Beit Shemesh Election Update
on March 12, 2014 12:08 AM
- Retired Supreme Court Justice Edmond Levy Dies at Age 72
on March 12, 2014 12:01 AM
- Funeral Held for Egyptian Jewish Leader
on March 11, 2014 11:51 PM
- Stockholm School ‘Love-Bombed’ after Nazi Graffiti Attack
on March 11, 2014 11:46 PM
- Norwegian Cruise Lines Drops Tunisia over Anti-Israeli Bias
on March 11, 2014 11:08 PM
- Shabbat Saved a Jew from the Malaysia Airlines Death Flight
on March 11, 2014 11:02 PM
- Knesset Passes Law that Drives Extremists to the Political Graveyard
on March 11, 2014 8:59 PM
- Three Hamas Terrorists Killed in ‘Work Accident’
on March 11, 2014 7:31 PM
- Priceline Buys Israeli Ad Start-Up for $3 Million
on March 11, 2014 7:13 PM
- Arab Airline Denies Claims of Discrimination against Israelis
on March 11, 2014 6:35 PM
- Netanyahu Apologizes to Jordan while IDF Says Attacker Was Terrorist
on March 11, 2014 6:20 PM