Another issue that is being mishandled is that of Syria’s Kurds. The easiest thing the West could do would be to help Syria’s Kurds who just want autonomy, not to be subject to the current directorship, radical Arab nationalists, or Islamists. This would make the Kurds of Iraq, American allies, very happy. But Obama won’t do that because it would make Islamist-ruled Turkey, an enemy of America that President Barack Obama loves more than any other country in the region, very unhappy and so probably won’t happen.
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Abbas: If Lieberman Supports 2-State Solution We’ll Talk to Him
on May 31, 2016 9:17 PM
- PayPal Doing the Right Thing, Deleting French BDS Account
on May 31, 2016 8:59 PM
- Analysis: MK Yehuda Glick Just Keeps On Glicking
on May 31, 2016 4:31 PM
- Hamas Morphing Into ISIS: 3 Gazans Sentenced to Death and Executed Same Day
on May 31, 2016 3:26 PM
- Israel Starts Process to Revoke Citizenship of Arab Terror Suspect
on May 31, 2016 3:09 PM
- Likud MK Benny Begin Tears Into Liberman Supporters, Liberman Himself
on May 31, 2016 2:23 PM
- Gaza Tots Taught to Wage War Against Israel in Realistic School Plays [video]
on May 31, 2016 2:09 PM
- Meet Israel’s New-Old Immigrant Absorption Minister
on May 31, 2016 1:47 PM
- Report: Ambitious Justice Minister Using Polanski Extradition to Pave Own Career
on May 31, 2016 1:24 PM
- Jordan’s New ‘Pro-Israel’ Prime Minister Hani Fawi al-Mulki
on May 31, 2016 11:58 AM
- US House Reps to Knesset: We’ll Continue Aiding Israeli Security
on May 31, 2016 11:30 AM
- Cutting Edge Army: IDF Issues Vegan Combat Rations, Shoes, Berets
on May 31, 2016 10:41 AM
- That Was Just a Drill – No Rockets Were Launched at Israel
on May 31, 2016 10:14 AM
- Report: Israeli Civil Administration Accelerates Mapping of State Lands in Judea and Samaria
on May 31, 2016 8:15 AM
- Rabbi Kahane’s Grandson to Be Released into House Detention, Restrictions
on May 30, 2016 9:29 PM