Another issue that is being mishandled is that of Syria’s Kurds. The easiest thing the West could do would be to help Syria’s Kurds who just want autonomy, not to be subject to the current directorship, radical Arab nationalists, or Islamists. This would make the Kurds of Iraq, American allies, very happy. But Obama won’t do that because it would make Islamist-ruled Turkey, an enemy of America that President Barack Obama loves more than any other country in the region, very unhappy and so probably won’t happen.
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- US Congressman Johnson Apologizes for Calling Jews ‘Termites,’ Not Other Remarks
on July 28, 2016 2:58 AM
- Humanitarian Aid Still Continues to Flow Into Gaza
on July 28, 2016 1:56 AM
- IDF Soldier Drowns in Reservoir
on July 28, 2016 1:27 AM
- Better Benefits Offered for Police in Jerusalem
on July 28, 2016 12:23 AM
- ‘Jerusalem Has Much in Common With Hebron’
on July 27, 2016 10:44 PM
- European Union Unhappy With Israel Over Gilo Housing Project
on July 27, 2016 9:33 PM
- Islamic Guards Attack Archaeologists on Temple Mount “for Picking Up Olives”
on July 27, 2016 8:41 PM
- High School Students Help Discover a Unique 1,600 Year Old Pottery Workshop in the Galilee
on July 27, 2016 8:31 PM
- Liberman to Arab MK: Conditions at Checkpoints Are Unreasonable, Harmful
on July 27, 2016 5:27 PM
- Philanthropist Marcus Katz Dead at 89
on July 27, 2016 5:08 PM
- Knesset Committee Quarrels with Anti-Drug Officials over Colorado Legalized Weed
on July 27, 2016 3:10 PM
- Breslow Leader Confesses Rape, Plotted Murder of Disciple
on July 27, 2016 11:54 AM
- About the Hamas Terror Cell That Murdered Rabbi Miki Mark
on July 27, 2016 10:10 AM
- Online Fundraiser for Medical Treatment of Abayudaya Jewish Infant
on July 27, 2016 9:37 AM
- Palestinian Authority Activists Campaign at the DNC
on July 27, 2016 9:36 AM