Another issue that is being mishandled is that of Syria’s Kurds. The easiest thing the West could do would be to help Syria’s Kurds who just want autonomy, not to be subject to the current directorship, radical Arab nationalists, or Islamists. This would make the Kurds of Iraq, American allies, very happy. But Obama won’t do that because it would make Islamist-ruled Turkey, an enemy of America that President Barack Obama loves more than any other country in the region, very unhappy and so probably won’t happen.
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Jerusalem Arabs Indicted for Plot to Bring Pipe Bombs to Temple Mount
on October 9, 2015 11:34 AM
- Russia and Israel Quietly Collaborating on Attacks in Syria
on October 9, 2015 11:06 AM
- Update/Correction: Stabber Captured Outside Dimona School
on October 9, 2015 9:56 AM
- PM Netanyahu’s Statement on the Ongoing Arab Terrorism
on October 9, 2015 7:49 AM
- UK Wants EU to Speed Up Deportations as Winter Approaches
on October 9, 2015 2:38 AM
- Netanyahu Tries to Calm the Country but Plays Politics
on October 8, 2015 11:49 PM
- Complete Security Footage from Afula Terror Attack [video]
on October 8, 2015 11:33 PM
- U.N. Officials on Way to ‘Rescue’ Israel and PA with ‘Peace Process’
on October 8, 2015 11:12 PM
- UK Chief Rabbi Urging Jews to Join War on Poverty
on October 8, 2015 10:19 PM
- Live Blog: Intifada 3.0 – Thursday, Oct. 8 2015 – IDF Soldier Stabbed in Afula
on October 8, 2015 8:55 PM
- 4 Russian Cruise Missiles Accidentally Hit Iran (No Kidding)
on October 8, 2015 8:51 PM
- 1 Arab Rioter Dead, 9 Israel Police Officer Hurt in Shuafat Clashes
on October 8, 2015 8:15 PM
- IDF Soldier Stabbed in Afula, Terrorist Captured [video]
on October 8, 2015 7:15 PM
- Haifa: Arabs Throw Stones at Cars
on October 8, 2015 5:15 PM
- Third Stabbing Terror Attack on Thursday: Kiryat Arba
on October 8, 2015 5:00 PM