Another issue that is being mishandled is that of Syria’s Kurds. The easiest thing the West could do would be to help Syria’s Kurds who just want autonomy, not to be subject to the current directorship, radical Arab nationalists, or Islamists. This would make the Kurds of Iraq, American allies, very happy. But Obama won’t do that because it would make Islamist-ruled Turkey, an enemy of America that President Barack Obama loves more than any other country in the region, very unhappy and so probably won’t happen.
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- Obama Stops Punishing Egypt for Dumping Muslim Brotherhood Prez
on April 1, 2015 1:43 AM
- IDF Expects 1200 Daily Hezbollah Rockets in Next War
on April 1, 2015 1:39 AM
- Tevye the Milkman Wins Israel Prize
on April 1, 2015 1:04 AM
- New and Old Faces in Israel’s 20th Knesset Are Officially Sworn In [Video]
on March 31, 2015 10:20 PM
- 113 Orphaned Bar Mitzva Boys Participate in Group Celebration in Jerusalem
on March 31, 2015 7:39 PM
- Live Webinar with Rabbi Ben Tzion Shafier of the Shmuz Tonight: Reacting to the Tragedy in Brooklyn
on March 31, 2015 7:33 PM
- Attack on Yemeni Refugees Makes Israel Look Like the Girl Scouts
on March 31, 2015 6:30 PM
- IDF Promises to Block Missionary Activity
on March 31, 2015 4:02 PM
- Iran Likely to Force Obama to Back Down on ‘Deadline Threat’
on March 31, 2015 12:56 PM
- IDF Clashes with 40 Rioters at Gaza Border
on March 31, 2015 11:16 AM
- Knesset Opens the Tent to its 20th Circus
on March 31, 2015 10:17 AM
- One-Third of GOP Voters See Obama Worse for US than Assad and Putin
on March 30, 2015 5:20 PM
- Netanyahu Says West Ready to Award Iran for Aggression
on March 30, 2015 3:21 PM
- Card-Carrying Israeli Arab Citizen Arrested for Joining ISIS
on March 30, 2015 3:00 PM
- Lausanne Talks May Be Camouflage for Iranian Nukes in North Korea
on March 30, 2015 1:55 PM