Another issue that is being mishandled is that of Syria’s Kurds. The easiest thing the West could do would be to help Syria’s Kurds who just want autonomy, not to be subject to the current directorship, radical Arab nationalists, or Islamists. This would make the Kurds of Iraq, American allies, very happy. But Obama won’t do that because it would make Islamist-ruled Turkey, an enemy of America that President Barack Obama loves more than any other country in the region, very unhappy and so probably won’t happen.
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- American Among the Dead in Terrorist Attack on Libyan Hotel
on January 28, 2015 11:08 AM
- Israeli Night Strike on Damascus is ‘Warning to Beirut’
on January 28, 2015 10:43 AM
- Look Who is Behind the New US Democratic-Style Campaign in Israel
on January 28, 2015 8:22 AM
- IDF Retaliates Against Syrian Military Targets, Sets Off Rocket Alarms on the Golan
on January 28, 2015 12:38 AM
- Netanyahu: ‘Could Be Time for Female Chief of Police in Israel’
on January 27, 2015 11:42 PM
- Ma’agar Mochot Poll Introduces Game-Changer, Pulling Right
on January 27, 2015 10:56 PM
- Japan, Jordan Unite on ISIS Hostage Crisis
on January 27, 2015 10:47 PM
- Latest Election Poll Puts Left in Charge
on January 27, 2015 9:00 PM
- NYC All Prepped Up But ‘No Snow Go, Mayor DeBlasio’
on January 27, 2015 8:43 PM
- Report: US Sgt Released by Taliban for 5 Gitmo Prisoners to be Charged with Desertion
on January 27, 2015 8:17 PM
- David Landau (67)
on January 27, 2015 8:15 PM
- Hezbollah-Israel Conflict: an Unwanted Development
on January 27, 2015 7:18 PM
- BBC’s Holocaust Tweet Shocker
on January 27, 2015 7:10 PM
- Mount Hermon Ski Resort Reopens After Rocket Attack
on January 27, 2015 7:03 PM
- UNRWA Runs Out of Money that Israel Says Being Used for Terror Tunnels
on January 27, 2015 4:40 PM