Another issue that is being mishandled is that of Syria’s Kurds. The easiest thing the West could do would be to help Syria’s Kurds who just want autonomy, not to be subject to the current directorship, radical Arab nationalists, or Islamists. This would make the Kurds of Iraq, American allies, very happy. But Obama won’t do that because it would make Islamist-ruled Turkey, an enemy of America that President Barack Obama loves more than any other country in the region, very unhappy and so probably won’t happen.
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- There is a Coalition!
on May 6, 2015 10:57 PM
- Israeli A-G Breaks Own Rule, Interferes in Gov’t Coalition Talks
on May 6, 2015 10:29 PM
- Off-Shore Menorah-Shaped Islands Plan Mixes Interfaith with Promise of Jobs and Housing
on May 6, 2015 4:00 PM
- Netanyahu Wants Restrictions on the Minister of Justice
on May 6, 2015 3:50 PM
- Gas Line Terrorist Sentenced to 30 Years
on May 6, 2015 3:20 PM
- While Battling Mylan, Teva Acquires Auspex Pharmaceuticals for $3.2 Billion
on May 6, 2015 3:00 PM
- Coalition Last Minute Talks: Likud Capitulates, Bayit Yehudi Wins Justice + 2 Security Cabinet Votes
on May 6, 2015 1:31 PM
- Stone Throwers Injure Jerusalem Man
on May 6, 2015 1:12 PM
- Report: Sudan Shoots Down “Israeli” Drone
on May 6, 2015 12:29 PM
- Fear of New Bombing Attack Keeps Jews Away from Tunisian Lag B’Omer Pilgrimage
on May 6, 2015 12:10 PM
- Senators Boxer, Ernst, Move to Arm Kurds Against ISIS
on May 6, 2015 11:55 AM
- Tonight at Midnight: Netanyahu’s Moment of Truth
on May 6, 2015 11:51 AM
- 5 Senior Hezbollah Field Commanders Killed in Qalamoun Battle
on May 6, 2015 10:31 AM
- Former UK Cmdr.: UN, Foreign Governments ‘Deliberately’ Twisting Laws of Armed Conflict on Israel
on May 6, 2015 1:19 AM
- Clinton Said She Will Speak on Benghazi but Only Once
on May 6, 2015 12:59 AM