Another issue that is being mishandled is that of Syria’s Kurds. The easiest thing the West could do would be to help Syria’s Kurds who just want autonomy, not to be subject to the current directorship, radical Arab nationalists, or Islamists. This would make the Kurds of Iraq, American allies, very happy. But Obama won’t do that because it would make Islamist-ruled Turkey, an enemy of America that President Barack Obama loves more than any other country in the region, very unhappy and so probably won’t happen.
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- MTA Hopes to Change Rule, Ban ‘Killing Jews’ Anti-Jihad Ad
on April 24, 2015 9:00 PM
- Biden’s Foot-in-Mouth Disease Revealed at DC Yom Ha’atzmaut Event
on April 24, 2015 6:17 PM
- Israeli Knesset Members Mark Armenian Genocide in Yerevan
on April 24, 2015 3:08 PM
- 67 Years of the IDF in 81 Seconds [video]
on April 24, 2015 11:54 AM
- Fight against Boycott Movement Moving to State Legislatures
on April 24, 2015 11:32 AM
- Snow in Safed!
on April 24, 2015 11:11 AM
- Poll Shows Most People Don’t Trust Clinton
on April 24, 2015 10:48 AM
- Iranian Warships Halt near Yemen Port
on April 24, 2015 9:22 AM
- Israel Prize Winner Warns against Boycotters of Israel
on April 24, 2015 9:20 AM
- Update: Arabs Rob, Stab and Kidnap Israeli Man, Found Bleeding in Car’s Trunk After Police Chase
on April 24, 2015 8:44 AM
- Hamas Clearing Out as IDF Retaliates
on April 24, 2015 12:06 AM
- Russian Hackers Break Into Pentagon Computer Network
on April 23, 2015 11:30 PM
- Obesity Becoming ‘National Security Issue’ Says US General
on April 23, 2015 9:27 PM
- Update: 2 Rockets Launched at Israel from Gaza
on April 23, 2015 9:00 PM
- Weinstein Family ‘So Hopeful,’ No Words for ‘Disappointment, Heartbreak’
on April 23, 2015 8:50 PM