Another issue that is being mishandled is that of Syria’s Kurds. The easiest thing the West could do would be to help Syria’s Kurds who just want autonomy, not to be subject to the current directorship, radical Arab nationalists, or Islamists. This would make the Kurds of Iraq, American allies, very happy. But Obama won’t do that because it would make Islamist-ruled Turkey, an enemy of America that President Barack Obama loves more than any other country in the region, very unhappy and so probably won’t happen.
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- The Knesset Goes Solar
on March 29, 2015 6:26 PM
- Netanyahu Warns Iran-Yemen-Nuclear Deal Axis ‘Dangerous to Humanity’ [video]
on March 29, 2015 1:12 PM
- Iran Forces Kerry to Cancel Trip to US and Remain for More Talks
on March 29, 2015 11:46 AM
- Putin Congratulates Netanyahu and Tells Arabs Jerusalem Is their Capital
on March 29, 2015 11:23 AM
- Houthis Copy Hamas Tactics and Use Civilian Shields to Hit Saudi Planes
on March 29, 2015 10:23 AM
- Archaeologists Discover Egypt Occupied Tel Aviv 5,000 Years Ago
on March 29, 2015 9:45 AM
- Avis Israel CEO Representing Netanyahu In Coalition Talks
on March 29, 2015 9:22 AM
- Iranian Journalist Defects, Says US Team Speaking for Iran
on March 29, 2015 2:09 AM
- Yemeni President Tells Arab League Houthis Must ‘Surrender or Else’ [video]
on March 28, 2015 11:31 PM
- AP’s Matt Lee Says Tone of US Officials ‘Dreary’
on March 28, 2015 10:22 PM
- Iran Says ‘Don’t Believe the Headlines’ that Deal is Imminent
on March 28, 2015 9:41 PM
- Hamas Test Fires Rocket
on March 28, 2015 9:35 PM
- Richard Gere Coming to Israel
on March 28, 2015 9:18 PM
- Israel Did Not Protest Release of 1987 Nuke Report
on March 28, 2015 9:05 PM
- Netanyahu to Release Frozen Palestinian Authority Tax Revenue
on March 27, 2015 5:53 PM