Another issue that is being mishandled is that of Syria’s Kurds. The easiest thing the West could do would be to help Syria’s Kurds who just want autonomy, not to be subject to the current directorship, radical Arab nationalists, or Islamists. This would make the Kurds of Iraq, American allies, very happy. But Obama won’t do that because it would make Islamist-ruled Turkey, an enemy of America that President Barack Obama loves more than any other country in the region, very unhappy and so probably won’t happen.
About the Author: Professor Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal. See the GLORIA/MERIA site at www.gloria-center.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
- Hundreds at Bangkok Chabad Passover Seder
on April 16, 2014 8:45 AM
- President Obama’s Passover Statement
on April 16, 2014 7:07 AM
- Netanyahu: PA Incitement Caused Pre-Passover Terror Attack
on April 16, 2014 1:05 AM
- Passover Eve Terror Attack Draws Strong Responses
on April 15, 2014 10:39 PM
- 4 Border Police Injured When PA Truck Hits Them
on April 15, 2014 10:23 PM
- Terrorists Kill Father on Way to Passover Seder
on April 15, 2014 9:03 PM
- Chag Kasher v’Sameach from JewishPress.com
on April 14, 2014 3:50 PM
- Biur Chametz
on April 14, 2014 3:39 PM
- 2 Arrested with Paschal Lamb
on April 14, 2014 3:13 PM
- A Third Intifada to Begin at the Temple Mount?
on April 14, 2014 1:07 PM
- Israel, PLO ‘Talk’ Over Sanctions, Not Status
on April 14, 2014 8:58 AM
- Three Dead in Multiple Kansas Jewish Center Shootings
on April 13, 2014 11:33 PM
- London Teacher Threatens to Send Jewish Student to ‘Your Gas Chambers’
on April 13, 2014 9:35 PM
- Messianic ‘Blood Moon’ Rising on Passover Seder Night
on April 13, 2014 9:30 PM
- New Study: Nearly Every Israeli will Eat Matza and Keep Kosher on Pesach Eve
on April 13, 2014 9:07 PM