The Celebrate Israel Festival on May 31 at Pier 94, slated to be the largest gathering to date of Israeli-Americans in New York.
The Jewish Press joins Klal Yisrael in praying for the safety of our fellow Jews in Israel, especially the soldiers in harm’s way. Almost as one, Jews around the world are acknowledging the day-to-day peril facing ordinary Jews in Israel and the extraordinary service of the IDF in protecting them.
* Rav Aaron Yehuda Leib Shteinman and Rav Chaim Kanievsky have called on all Jews to pray for civilians threatened by Hamas rockets and for the safety of IDF soldiers operating in Gaza.
* Sephardi Chief Rabbi Yitzhak Yosef said each and every person is obligated to pray, recite Psalms and intend the merit of their good deeds for the success of the soldiers who are endangering themselves for the sake of defending the Jewish people.
* Shas spiritual leader and rosh yeshiva of Yeshivat Porat Yosef, Rabbi Shalom Cohen, said “the Jewish people must implore through prayer for the IDF soldiers who are going out [to Gaza] in self-sacrifice, defending the nation that dwells in Zion against those that have risen up against it…. May God be with them and return them in peace to their families.”
* The Vizhnitzer Rebbe davened at the gravesites of previous Vizhnitzer rebbes for the success of the IDF in Gaza.
* The Shomrei Emunim Rebbe urged prayers for IDF soldiers fighting in Gaza, saying: “Every person should imagine as if it his own son fighting out there.”
* A program initiated in 2009 by Rechovot Chief Rabbi Simcha Hakohen Kook and the Bostoner Rebbe, zt”l, calling for people to “adopt” an individual soldier by name and pray on his behalf, has been organized anew by the mother of a former paratrooper (see shmiraproject.com for details).
About the Author:
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Comments are closed.
Consider the Pope’s desperation, reading daily reports of the slaughter of Christians by Muslims
The contrast between a Dem pretending to love Israel & a Dem who truly loves Israel is CRYSTAL CLEAR
Pentecost, derived from the Greek word for 50, is celebrated 50 days after Easter.
We take a whole person approach, giving our people assistance with whatever they need.
During my spiritual journey I discovered G-d spoke to man only once, to the Jewish people at Sinai
20 years after the great Ethiopian aliyah, we must treat them like everyone else; no better or worse
Connecting Bamidbar&Shavuot is simple-A world without Torah is midbar; with Torah a blessed paradise
Many Black protesters compared Baltimore’s unrest to the Palestinian penchant of terrorism & rioting
She credited success to “mini” decisions-Small choices building on each other leading to big changes
Shavuot 1915, 200000 Jews were expelled; amongst the largest single expulsions since Roman times
Realizing there was no US military threat, Iran resumed, expanded & accelerated its nuclear program
“Enlightened Jews” who refuse to show chareidim the tolerance they insist we give to Arabs sicken me
Somewhat surprisingly, the Vatican’s unwelcome gesture was diametrically at odds with what President Obama signaled in an interview with the news outlet Al Arabiya.
The recent solid victory of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s Likud Party produced something very different.
“Let’s get something straight so we don’t kid each other…[the Iranians] already have paved a path to a bomb’s worth of material,” said Mr. Biden. “Iran could get there now if they walked away in two to three months without a deal.”
The president is unwilling to cede any of what he considers his exclusive powers in the area of foreign policy and has struggled mightily to keep the Senate away from any role in the kind of deal to be negotiated.
A committed Religious Zionist, he was a sought-after adviser on Zionist affairs around the world.
More important, Mr. Obama is simply acceding to Iran’s position on the timing of the lifting of sanctions.
For our community, Mrs. Clinton’s foreign policy record will doubtless attract the most attention. And it is a most interesting one.
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/editorial/praying-for-the-soldiers/2014/07/23/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: