No-one can tell victims how to survive this dreadful, life-shattering event. Each individual family has to tread their own path through the darkness. It is a life-long struggle to find your way of integrating the murder of your family members into the fabric of the rest of your life.
Sometimes because we are the ones in the middle of the emotional whirlpool, we do not always see with clarity the progress we have made. Like in Michael Palmer’s case, an indirect question or comment may trigger that realization.
What is a father? He is a parent, a teacher, a confidant and as we grow up and an unbreakable bond is formed, he is a friend. Michael Palmer never gives up, even as he sits in the courtroom determined not to let the pain, the anger he feels stop him from bring justice to his family whose murders sit across from his with smirks on their faces, joking back and forth with their friends and family.
Michael took the witness stand during the sentencing trial to tell his story. There where times during Michael’s narration that you could feel his pride and love exuding through his words and body language. Then suddenly a slight quiver in his voice and the pain and anguish overtakes him. Yet somehow, Michael manages to find the strength and courage to continue conveying what he felt deep in his heart.
Much precedence has come from these proceedings though:
- The victim’s family had legal representation in a Military court for victim of Arab terror. This because of Michael’s determination and desire to achieve the best possible results for his son and grandson.
- Michael requested friends and family to come and support his family and bring a human presence in the military court for those who are not able to speak for themselves, the victims, Asher and Yonatan Palmer HY”D. This has never been done before by families of the victims of terror.
- Michael also agreed to the request to have copies of a photograph of Asher and Yonatan made for those present to hold against them before and during the trials.
- For the first time victim impact statement has been given. The law exists, but simply does not allow the victim(s) to do this; it does not apply in military courts in Judea and Samaria.
- Up until this point a rock was not considered a lethal weapon and certainly not worthy of life sentence this case has changed this concept.
Judges are human beings-pressure works in all spheres-press and presence spread of Jews rights in courtroom. Judges must be reminded who they serve first and foremost the security of Jews in the name of the Military commander and not just Arab rights to a “just” trial.
Compensation which will be given-B”H should become a deterrent for future crimes like this.
Maybe some day sentencing-advocating the death penalty as a deterrent will be an option for the Prosecution. Not an easy option to be sure. The level of certainty required to set this precedence is undoubtedly astronomical.
What really went on here?
“Peace” Treaty gave a Palestinian security guard to become a ringleader of a terror under the noses of the Shaback who work with the Palestinians for security in the area. The Americans fund them and they kill American citizens. Think about it if it was not so sad it would be a great joke!!! The US is funding a peace treaty and security apparatus to grow terrorists to kill Jews and we are working hand in hand with them!!!!!!! Amazing you couldn’t write such a script. All for the sake of Peace!
The King is truly naked but no one is paying any attention! Our children are being slaughtered in the name of Peace. It’s like giving your children to Molech!
About the Author:
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.