Latest update: May 9th, 2013
harvesting actually increases forested areas: out of commercial interest, the private sector protects trees and forests better than federal bureaucrats. Many green organizations have recognized this and have been lobbying for privatization of federal forests. Cutting down a whole forest might or might not impede its restoration and regrowth. There are plenty of examples of whole forests being destroyed naturally, such as at Mount St. Helen’s, and then quickly growing back.
11. There is absolutely no serious hard evidence that deforestation affects global climate. And in any case, as noted, in the developed world forested areas are increasing.
12. Advanced capitalist countries are the least polluted places on the planet.
13. There is no serious evidence that human activity has caused global warming or any “ozone hole.”
14. The planet is not in danger (see parashat Noach). The Jews are.
15. Many Jewish liberals are far more concerned about saving whales than saving Jews.
16. Many animal rights groups and radical environmentalists are anti-Semitic.Steven Plaut
About the Author: Steven Plaut is a professor at the University of Haifa. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.