Latest update: May 5th, 2014
– Foreign Minister Sylvan Shalom, April 13
Thank you very much, Minister Shalom! To have so clearly confirmed to us what many already knew from the moment Prime Minister Sharon first introduced his disengagement lunacy is truly a fresh blast of putrid air.
But is it not the epitome of cynicism for you to spit out today what you attempted to swallow for so long? Is your political position and the cushioned seat it comes with worthy of betraying G-d and country? Shame on you.
For months you and your compatriots (Livnat, Bibi, and others) vacillated between sticking to the moral obligation of defending and protecting the State of Israel and desiring to keep your glamorous job titles in the Sharon government.
You lent a hand, Mr. Shalom, to this conspiracy of cynicism, and you gave legitimacy to what amounts to the theft of an election. By not standing up and objecting to the physical, social and emotional coercion conducted by Sharon, you have given the prime minister’s actions your stamp of approval.
You have provided our enemies the tools they need to begin dismantling the State of Israel. You uttered useless, cheap threats and then proceeded to meekly buckle under for fear of losing the perks that come with your political office. Perhaps you pretend not to remember. Perhaps you forgot. We didn’t. Shame on you.
It’s never pleasant to confront the truth, is it? Politicians, especially those in Israel, usually don’t bother to respond to the outraged cries of a betrayed citizenry. After all, these hacks attain their positions by crawling on all fours or selling their souls to the devil (or both). And you sold yours, Mr. Shalom. You sold it for momentary glory. Because your moment in the sun shall pass – no doubt sooner rather than later.
You sold your beliefs and your morals, Mr. Shalom, and allowed political expediency to handcuff your soul to those of the most crass political operators and flimflam men. In the flea market of political jobs which were arbitrarily bought and sold by the prime minister to the cheapest bidder – yes, cheapest – was your purchase worth the pressures you now admit you expect?
Cheapest, Mr. Shalom, because G-d’s gift of these lands to the Jews is priceless, yet, you and your like-minded compatriots put a much greater value on fleeting political kavod – honor. For a few passing moments in the political spotlight you betrayed those who mistakenly saw in you a certain moral fiber. Well done, sir.
The day is drawing closer, Mr. Shalom. The expulsion of 8,000 Jews, by Jews, in and from the lands belonging to the Jews, will not go unanswered. Judgment day will come, and when it does, under which rock will you hide your guilt and shame?
Don’t think for a minute that your guilt can ever be washed away with the crocodile tears you now shed. The pressures, Mr. Shalom, and their consequences, are squarely on your shoulders as one who refused to throw off the yoke of Sharon – or was it a bear hug from the prime minister that kept you in place?
Now that you’ve betrayed your obligations and helped Sharon surrender to terror and begin his Great Retreat, perhaps it would behoove you to read the words of the Prophet Ezekiel:
“….And you, son of man, thus says the L-rd…to the land of Israel: ‘An end! The end has come upon the four corners of the land….Now the end has come upon you, and I will send My anger against you; I will judge you according to your ways and I will repay you for all your abominations….My eye will not spare you, nor will I have pity; but I will repay your ways, and your abominations…”Isaac Kohn
About the Author: Isaac Kohn is senior vice president for Prime Care Consultants.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.
- ‘Thousands’ at Funeral for Car-Ramming Terrorist
on May 4, 2016 11:05 PM
- Arab Girl Arrested in Old City with Large Knife [video]
on May 4, 2016 10:36 PM
- Rivlin at Holocaust Remembrance Ceremony: We Will Continue to Survive and Battle Anti-Semitism
on May 4, 2016 10:12 PM
- Spurning Ceremonies, Israelis Invite Holocaust Survivors to Their Living Rooms for Remembrance Day
on May 4, 2016 9:51 PM
- IAF Targets Hamas in Air Strikes on Gaza After Mortar Attacks [video]
on May 4, 2016 8:13 PM
- Jewish Human Rights Watch Suing 3 Councils in High Court over BDS
on May 4, 2016 8:00 PM
- Tensions Rising: 6 Mortar Attacks Fired at Israel From Gaza in 24 Hours
on May 4, 2016 7:50 PM
- IDF Declares Closed Military Zone Along Gaza Border
on May 4, 2016 7:41 PM
- Brilliant Landscape Architect Roberto Burle Marx at the Jewish Museum
on May 4, 2016 5:11 PM
- Norwegian Foreign Minister Tells Abbas Paying Killer Prisoners ‘Unacceptable’
on May 4, 2016 3:30 PM
- Israel to Open Permanent Office at NATO Headquarters in Brussels
on May 4, 2016 3:18 PM
- Israel’s Material Well-Being and National Wealth Stats Up Across the Board
on May 4, 2016 2:59 PM
- Israel, Egypt Fight US Plan to Trim Troops in Sinai Multinational Force
on May 4, 2016 2:55 PM
- Officials Facing Wildfire in Alberta, Canada Order Entire City Evacuated
on May 4, 2016 2:14 PM
- Chief Rabbi of Britain Says Labour Has ‘Severe’ Problem with Anti-Semitism
on May 4, 2016 1:32 PM