The Celebrate Israel Festival on May 31 at Pier 94, slated to be the largest gathering to date of Israeli-Americans in New York.
Ah, can there be anything so delightful as the sound of liberals whimpering in the morning? Consider:
* John Kerry was the candidate favored by Arafat, bin Laden, and Israel’s Haaretz newspaper, three critters that more often than not see eye to eye. (Haaretz has morphed into a Palestinian newspaper published in Hebrew.)
* It was estimated that about 75 percent of the Israeli public favored President Bush, while 98 percent of the Israeli media favored Kerry. A good rule of thumb is that whenever the Israeli media, as always under leftist hegemony, favors any candidate in any race in any country on earth, you can be quite sure that the candidate’s election would be harmful to Israel.
One Israeli TV channel actually ran its election coverage with a panelist on screen wearing a Kerry button. Some objective news reporting!
* American Jews proved once and for all that most have abandoned Judaism and substituted political liberalism as their pseudo-religion. My guess is that of the 1 percent of voters who backed Nader, a disproportionate number were assimilationist Jewish liberals. Many American Jews will vote for any candidate who endorses the liberal canon, no matter where he stands on Israel or how much better his Republican opponent is on Israel.
* Majorities in each of the eleven states where gay “marriage” was on the agenda voted against it. In other words, they voted against the liberals who run the Reform synagogue movement and the Jewish “defense” organizations.
* Jews may well be the only ethno-social demographic group in America that endorses gay marriage – other than homosexuals themselves, of course, who comprise a relatively tiny percentage of the population (the “10 percent” myth propagated by gay rights advocates was debunked years ago).
Jewish liberals will vote in favor of just about any idea that is contrary to Judaism.
* Oh, and remember that famous “Dewey Beats Truman” headline? Chicago Tribune, the morning after Election Day 1948? And then that great photograph of a victorious Harry Truman holding a copy of the paper aloft in mocking triumph? Well, Haaretz ran a lead headline the morning after last week’s election proclaiming “Kerry in the Lead” and also citing pollster John Zogby, who humiliated himself by flatly announcing that Kerry would win.
Any election that ends with egg on the Haaretz kaffiyeh is an election worth celebrating!
Steven Plaut is a professor at Haifa University. His book “The Scout” is available at Amazon.com. He can be contacted at email@example.com.
About the Author: Steven Plaut is a professor at the University of Haifa. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Comments are closed.
We take a whole person approach, giving our people assistance with whatever they need.
During my spiritual journey I discovered G-d spoke to man only once, to the Jewish people at Sinai
20 years after the great Ethiopian aliyah, we must treat them like everyone else; no better or worse
Many Black protesters compared Baltimore’s unrest to the Palestinian penchant of terrorism & rioting
She credited success to “mini” decisions-Small choices building on each other leading to big changes
Shavuot 1915, 200000 Jews were expelled; amongst the largest single expulsions since Roman times
Realizing there was no US military threat, Iran resumed, expanded & accelerated its nuclear program
“Enlightened Jews” who refuse to show chareidim the tolerance they insist we give to Arabs sicken me
Somewhat surprisingly, the Vatican’s unwelcome gesture was diametrically at odds with what President Obama signaled in an interview with the news outlet Al Arabiya.
The recent solid victory of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s Likud Party produced something very different.
The reaction is so strong that nine times out of ten, parents engage in some form of coping mechanism before arriving at a level of acceptance of a special-needs diagnosis.
“…his neshamah reached out to us to have the zechus of Torah learning to take with him on his final journey.”
It is time to acknowledge Alaric I and his descendents, as the true & rightful rulers of the Vatican
British archeologists just uncovered a statement from 1938 supporting BDS of Czechoslovakia (humor)
Israel’s media waged jihad against Bibi before the election, nakedly promoting Herzog and Labor
No matter what rick or contrivance the Left tried, it didn’t help. And tried they did!
- When income becomes too equitable, there are no incentives to work hard and take risks and innovate.
The Israel Prize, the nation’s premier prize, is awarded in a range of areas for various disciplines
The “brand new” Israeli Labor Party has revealed its brand new political platform and brand new agenda and we thought we would sum it all up for you. Here are the planks of the Labor Party Platform: Appeasement is the highest form of resistance and vehemence. Cowardice is the highest form of bravery. Treason is […]
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/opinions/the-morning-after-preliminary-thoughts-on-an-election-worth-celebrating/2004/11/10/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: