Meir Panim implements programs that serve Israel’s neediest populations with respect and dignity. Meir Panim also coordinated care packages for families in the South during the Gaza War.
Ah, can there be anything so delightful as the sound of liberals whimpering in the morning? Consider:
* John Kerry was the candidate favored by Arafat, bin Laden, and Israel’s Haaretz newspaper, three critters that more often than not see eye to eye. (Haaretz has morphed into a Palestinian newspaper published in Hebrew.)
* It was estimated that about 75 percent of the Israeli public favored President Bush, while 98 percent of the Israeli media favored Kerry. A good rule of thumb is that whenever the Israeli media, as always under leftist hegemony, favors any candidate in any race in any country on earth, you can be quite sure that the candidate’s election would be harmful to Israel.
One Israeli TV channel actually ran its election coverage with a panelist on screen wearing a Kerry button. Some objective news reporting!
* American Jews proved once and for all that most have abandoned Judaism and substituted political liberalism as their pseudo-religion. My guess is that of the 1 percent of voters who backed Nader, a disproportionate number were assimilationist Jewish liberals. Many American Jews will vote for any candidate who endorses the liberal canon, no matter where he stands on Israel or how much better his Republican opponent is on Israel.
* Majorities in each of the eleven states where gay “marriage” was on the agenda voted against it. In other words, they voted against the liberals who run the Reform synagogue movement and the Jewish “defense” organizations.
* Jews may well be the only ethno-social demographic group in America that endorses gay marriage – other than homosexuals themselves, of course, who comprise a relatively tiny percentage of the population (the “10 percent” myth propagated by gay rights advocates was debunked years ago).
Jewish liberals will vote in favor of just about any idea that is contrary to Judaism.
* Oh, and remember that famous “Dewey Beats Truman” headline? Chicago Tribune, the morning after Election Day 1948? And then that great photograph of a victorious Harry Truman holding a copy of the paper aloft in mocking triumph? Well, Haaretz ran a lead headline the morning after last week’s election proclaiming “Kerry in the Lead” and also citing pollster John Zogby, who humiliated himself by flatly announcing that Kerry would win.
Any election that ends with egg on the Haaretz kaffiyeh is an election worth celebrating!
Steven Plaut is a professor at Haifa University. His book “The Scout” is available at Amazon.com. He can be contacted at email@example.com.
About the Author: Steven Plaut is a professor at the University of Haifa. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Comments are closed.
Is the global community clear in its response to these extremist groups?
Like our fabled character, Don Quixote, President Obama has constantly spawned his own reality.
Boroujerdi was informed that “the pressures and tortures will increase until he has been destroyed.”
Can teenagers seriously be expected to behave properly when they are surrounded by so much suggestive material? Is it fair to expose them (and ourselves) to so much temptation and then tell them, “Just say no”?
Washington remains ignorant of the need to dismantle alliances with various Muslim countries.
Defeating IS requires bombing its strongholds and recognizing the violent nature of Islam.
Abbas again used the UN to attack Israel, distort history, and undermine prospects for peace.
Israel and the Palestinian Authority cannot even agree to move their clocks back on the same day.
Shemita is about relating to each other by temporarily eliminating gaps of wealth power & status
David transcended adversity to become a leader; Who are we to make excuses for a lack of greatness?
sympathy: Feeling sorrow or pity for another’s tribulations; Empathy:sharing an emotional experience
Last week the president announced a four-point plan. Unfortunately, there’s little buy-in from our European and Middle Eastern allies. Here’s my own four-point plan that may be more palatable to our allies.
Rosh Hashanah has an obvious connection to God’s Kingship. We constantly refer to Him during the Asseres Yemei Teshuvah as Melech/King. The nusach of the tefillah, referring to Rosh Hashanah as “a remembrance of the first day” (of Creation), implies a certain dimension of divine kingship operating at the time of Creation and replicated every […]
Yes, God judges, but His judgment is that of a loving father who longs for his child’s quick return.
“Jewish Voices for Peace,” a Hamas lobby created by Jewish anti-Semites.
Neo-Nazis claim that Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is in fact a Mossad agent named Elliot Shimon
One grey night it happened, Bibi caved no more
& Poof that Foggy Bottomer, he vanished from our sight
It’s six K, five K, four K, Graft !
(Daylight come and da jail’s his new home)
In 2012, an initiative was begun in the Knesset led by David Rotem (from the Yisrael Beitenu party), to cut the stipends and pensions paid to convicted murderers and terrorists by 50 percent.
When the Temple was in existence, Jews were religiously obligated to eat roast meat at least once a year.
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/opinions/the-morning-after-preliminary-thoughts-on-an-election-worth-celebrating/2004/11/10/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: