As Purim approaches, thousands of Israeli children and families grapple with poverty
Ah, can there be anything so delightful as the sound of liberals whimpering in the morning? Consider:
* John Kerry was the candidate favored by Arafat, bin Laden, and Israel’s Haaretz newspaper, three critters that more often than not see eye to eye. (Haaretz has morphed into a Palestinian newspaper published in Hebrew.)
* It was estimated that about 75 percent of the Israeli public favored President Bush, while 98 percent of the Israeli media favored Kerry. A good rule of thumb is that whenever the Israeli media, as always under leftist hegemony, favors any candidate in any race in any country on earth, you can be quite sure that the candidate’s election would be harmful to Israel.
One Israeli TV channel actually ran its election coverage with a panelist on screen wearing a Kerry button. Some objective news reporting!
* American Jews proved once and for all that most have abandoned Judaism and substituted political liberalism as their pseudo-religion. My guess is that of the 1 percent of voters who backed Nader, a disproportionate number were assimilationist Jewish liberals. Many American Jews will vote for any candidate who endorses the liberal canon, no matter where he stands on Israel or how much better his Republican opponent is on Israel.
* Majorities in each of the eleven states where gay “marriage” was on the agenda voted against it. In other words, they voted against the liberals who run the Reform synagogue movement and the Jewish “defense” organizations.
* Jews may well be the only ethno-social demographic group in America that endorses gay marriage – other than homosexuals themselves, of course, who comprise a relatively tiny percentage of the population (the “10 percent” myth propagated by gay rights advocates was debunked years ago).
Jewish liberals will vote in favor of just about any idea that is contrary to Judaism.
* Oh, and remember that famous “Dewey Beats Truman” headline? Chicago Tribune, the morning after Election Day 1948? And then that great photograph of a victorious Harry Truman holding a copy of the paper aloft in mocking triumph? Well, Haaretz ran a lead headline the morning after last week’s election proclaiming “Kerry in the Lead” and also citing pollster John Zogby, who humiliated himself by flatly announcing that Kerry would win.
Any election that ends with egg on the Haaretz kaffiyeh is an election worth celebrating!
Steven Plaut is a professor at Haifa University. His book “The Scout” is available at Amazon.com. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Author: Steven Plaut is a professor at the University of Haifa. He can be contacted at email@example.com.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Comments are closed.
Ultimately, Esther, Netanyahu, and we, the Jewish people, must and will rely on the true King, God, for our salvation from this genocidal threat.
Netanyahu addresses a clear, present & lethal threat to the US/Israel/WORLD; NOT political bickering
Buried in the tax-returns of the JCF is millions of dollars funneled to NIF in the last few years.
Obama & Putin have handwriting/signature clues indicating differences between public & private life
It’s time for a new Jewish policy regarding Ramallah, NOT just because of the yarmulke incident
“GETT’s” being screened for Israeli Rabbinical Court judges at their annual convention.
If Jackson were alive he’d denounce Democratic party’s silence towards virulent anti-Semitism
Victim of Palestinian Arab terrorism, a victor in NY federal court, after years of being ignored by Justice Dept.
March 2013: Arabs hurled stones hitting the Biton’s car; Adele’s mother swerved the car-into a truck
I can tell you that Cablevision has been astonished at how high we rank.
The real issue is that in many respects the president has sought to recalibrate American values and our system of government.
Former Connecticut senator Joe Lieberman, writing in the Washington Post on Sunday, provided one of the clearest and most compelling analyses we’ve seen of the importance of the prime minister’s speech.
The Israel Prize, the nation’s premier prize, is awarded in a range of areas for various disciplines
The “brand new” Israeli Labor Party has revealed its brand new political platform and brand new agenda and we thought we would sum it all up for you. Here are the planks of the Labor Party Platform: Appeasement is the highest form of resistance and vehemence. Cowardice is the highest form of bravery. Treason is […]
Why does Israeli health services refuse to finance species reassignment surgery as well?
Proposals for France to achieve a full, lasting, and just peace with their historic opponents
The iconic image is baby Shani in the arms of a policewoman frantically searching for Shani’s mother
“Oppressed people unfortunately often are forced into use of violence.”
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/opinions/the-morning-after-preliminary-thoughts-on-an-election-worth-celebrating/2004/11/10/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: