Meir Panim delivers warmth, special care to families in need.
Ah, can there be anything so delightful as the sound of liberals whimpering in the morning? Consider:
* John Kerry was the candidate favored by Arafat, bin Laden, and Israel’s Haaretz newspaper, three critters that more often than not see eye to eye. (Haaretz has morphed into a Palestinian newspaper published in Hebrew.)
* It was estimated that about 75 percent of the Israeli public favored President Bush, while 98 percent of the Israeli media favored Kerry. A good rule of thumb is that whenever the Israeli media, as always under leftist hegemony, favors any candidate in any race in any country on earth, you can be quite sure that the candidate’s election would be harmful to Israel.
One Israeli TV channel actually ran its election coverage with a panelist on screen wearing a Kerry button. Some objective news reporting!
* American Jews proved once and for all that most have abandoned Judaism and substituted political liberalism as their pseudo-religion. My guess is that of the 1 percent of voters who backed Nader, a disproportionate number were assimilationist Jewish liberals. Many American Jews will vote for any candidate who endorses the liberal canon, no matter where he stands on Israel or how much better his Republican opponent is on Israel.
* Majorities in each of the eleven states where gay “marriage” was on the agenda voted against it. In other words, they voted against the liberals who run the Reform synagogue movement and the Jewish “defense” organizations.
* Jews may well be the only ethno-social demographic group in America that endorses gay marriage – other than homosexuals themselves, of course, who comprise a relatively tiny percentage of the population (the “10 percent” myth propagated by gay rights advocates was debunked years ago).
Jewish liberals will vote in favor of just about any idea that is contrary to Judaism.
* Oh, and remember that famous “Dewey Beats Truman” headline? Chicago Tribune, the morning after Election Day 1948? And then that great photograph of a victorious Harry Truman holding a copy of the paper aloft in mocking triumph? Well, Haaretz ran a lead headline the morning after last week’s election proclaiming “Kerry in the Lead” and also citing pollster John Zogby, who humiliated himself by flatly announcing that Kerry would win.
Any election that ends with egg on the Haaretz kaffiyeh is an election worth celebrating!
Steven Plaut is a professor at Haifa University. His book “The Scout” is available at Amazon.com. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Author: Steven Plaut is a professor at the University of Haifa. He can be contacted at email@example.com.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Comments are closed.
Schumer though never known to be short on words, has simply not stood up to Obama’s most recent rant
My beliefs & actions have led to numerous death threats against me; my excommunication by my church
In November 2014, Islamic Relief Worldwide was classified as a terrorist organization by the United Arab Emirates.
Erica Pelman is a spiritually-driven woman. She is founder and director of “In Shifra’s Arms” (ISA), an organization that offers aid to pregnant Jewish women of all religious backgrounds practically, financially and emotionally. Its arms are open to any pregnant woman in need whether single, divorced, separated, or from a financially-strapped family. “Presently, we are […]
Many so-called “humanitarian NGOs” frequently abuse Israel by applying false moral equivalencies
Israeli history now has its version of “Dewey Defeats Truman” with headlines from 2 anti-Bibi papers
In God’s plan why was it necessary that Moses be raised by Pharaoh, away from his own family&people?
In their zechus may we all come to appreciate that life is a fleeting gift and resolve to spend every precious moment of it as if it were the last.
In any event, Mr. Netanyahu after the election sought to soften his statement on Palestinian statehood and apologized for what he conceded were remarks that “offended some Israeli citizens and offended members of the Israeli Arab community.”
There is something quite distinctive about the biblical approach to time.
The Waqf kept control of the Temple Mount due to Dayan’s “magnanimity in victory” after 6 Day war
Israel’s media waged jihad against Bibi before the election, nakedly promoting Herzog and Labor
- When income becomes too equitable, there are no incentives to work hard and take risks and innovate.
The Israel Prize, the nation’s premier prize, is awarded in a range of areas for various disciplines
The “brand new” Israeli Labor Party has revealed its brand new political platform and brand new agenda and we thought we would sum it all up for you. Here are the planks of the Labor Party Platform: Appeasement is the highest form of resistance and vehemence. Cowardice is the highest form of bravery. Treason is […]
Why does Israeli health services refuse to finance species reassignment surgery as well?
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/opinions/the-morning-after-preliminary-thoughts-on-an-election-worth-celebrating/2004/11/10/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: