Close your eyes, breathe in deeply, now exhale slowly… That was easy, wasn’t it? Not for everyone…
Ah, can there be anything so delightful as the sound of liberals whimpering in the morning? Consider:
* John Kerry was the candidate favored by Arafat, bin Laden, and Israel’s Haaretz newspaper, three critters that more often than not see eye to eye. (Haaretz has morphed into a Palestinian newspaper published in Hebrew.)
* It was estimated that about 75 percent of the Israeli public favored President Bush, while 98 percent of the Israeli media favored Kerry. A good rule of thumb is that whenever the Israeli media, as always under leftist hegemony, favors any candidate in any race in any country on earth, you can be quite sure that the candidate’s election would be harmful to Israel.
One Israeli TV channel actually ran its election coverage with a panelist on screen wearing a Kerry button. Some objective news reporting!
* American Jews proved once and for all that most have abandoned Judaism and substituted political liberalism as their pseudo-religion. My guess is that of the 1 percent of voters who backed Nader, a disproportionate number were assimilationist Jewish liberals. Many American Jews will vote for any candidate who endorses the liberal canon, no matter where he stands on Israel or how much better his Republican opponent is on Israel.
* Majorities in each of the eleven states where gay “marriage” was on the agenda voted against it. In other words, they voted against the liberals who run the Reform synagogue movement and the Jewish “defense” organizations.
* Jews may well be the only ethno-social demographic group in America that endorses gay marriage – other than homosexuals themselves, of course, who comprise a relatively tiny percentage of the population (the “10 percent” myth propagated by gay rights advocates was debunked years ago).
Jewish liberals will vote in favor of just about any idea that is contrary to Judaism.
* Oh, and remember that famous “Dewey Beats Truman” headline? Chicago Tribune, the morning after Election Day 1948? And then that great photograph of a victorious Harry Truman holding a copy of the paper aloft in mocking triumph? Well, Haaretz ran a lead headline the morning after last week’s election proclaiming “Kerry in the Lead” and also citing pollster John Zogby, who humiliated himself by flatly announcing that Kerry would win.
Any election that ends with egg on the Haaretz kaffiyeh is an election worth celebrating!
Steven Plaut is a professor at Haifa University. His book “The Scout” is available at Amazon.com. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Author: Steven Plaut is a professor at the University of Haifa. He can be contacted at email@example.com.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Comments are closed.
Reports of a dead baby, a devastated family, and indications of a gloating attacker.
“Yesha” and Binyamin Regional Council leaders said the attack “is not the path of Jews in Judea and Samaria.”
The occasion? The rarely performed mitzvah of pidyon peter chamor: Redemption of a firstborn donkey.
Hillary should THANK Trump; By dominating the news he’s overshadowed the implosion of her campaign
Hard to remember when Jewish youth were so hostile to their heritage as they are on campuses today.
Names of the enablers of Iran’s Nuclear weapons will be added next to Hitler’s on the list of infamy
By most accounts, the one person with the political muscle to swing enough Democratic votes to override a veto is Sen. Schumer.
The next day, in a speech in New York to the Council on Foreign Relations, Mr. Kerry substantially upped the ante.
In Israel, the judiciary has established itself as superior to ALL other branches of the government.
The Fifteenth Day of the month of Av became a day of national rejoicing. The moment that had seemed hopeless became the moment of Redemption.
I think the melodies in our religious services have a haunting sound to them that just permeates your guts and gets into your soul. If you have any musical inclination, I think they inspire you to compose.
Cavalier analogies to the Holocaust are unacceptable, but Huckabee’s analogy was very appropriate.
Ronen Shamir’s just the latest tenured Leftist convicted of sexual misconduct with his own student
“If I were a Shaheed, yababa-deidledie, all day long I’d detonate for fun, if I were a Shaheed guy”
British archeologists just uncovered a statement from 1938 supporting BDS of Czechoslovakia (humor)
Israel’s media waged jihad against Bibi before the election, nakedly promoting Herzog and Labor
No matter what rick or contrivance the Left tried, it didn’t help. And tried they did!
– When income becomes too equitable, there are no incentives to work hard and take risks and innovate.
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/opinions/the-morning-after-preliminary-thoughts-on-an-election-worth-celebrating/2004/11/10/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: