In Israel, a new five month scholarship program being offered to young aspiring athletes – one of them could be you.
Interested in practicing the theology of political correctness? The very same practiced by
the PC Cult religion? Well, the theology of political correctness is based largely on going into
denial. So we have assembled a list of points in the PC Denial catechism that you will need to
practice if you truly wish to convert to being a PC progressive. Here is a list of the most
important principles of PC theology. Try to remember them all so that you can be caring and
open-hearted faster than you can say “race, gender, class” (the PC Trinity):
1. Affirmative action is not about lowering standards.
2. Affirmative action never has anything to do with quotas.
3. The transformation of Cuba from Latin America's wealthiest country into its poorest
does not mean that socialism does not work.
4. The transformation of Russia from the world's largest food exporter before
communism to the world's largest food importer during communism does not show that
socialism does not work.
5. Comparing East Germany (before unification) with West Germany, or Red China with
Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore, or North Korea with South Korea, one cannot conclude that
6. The fact that Marx was wrong about every empirically-testable hypothesis does not
mean that Marxism is wrong.
7. The fact that Marxism caused a conservatively-estimated 100 million deaths in the 20th
century does not mean that Marxism is bad or a failure.
8. Marxists care about people.
9. Conservatives hate all people and small animals.
10. The fact that socialized medicine does not work anywhere does not mean that it
would not work in America.
11. The fact that the green lobby was screaming just a few years back about global
cooling (and sometimes still does) is no reason why its warnings about global warming should be
regarded with skepticism.
12. The fact that black Americans live better on average than white people in Europe or
Japanese people in Japan does not disprove the charge that black Americans are the most
oppressed and impoverished people in the world.
13. If one country is rich and another poor, it must be because the rich one stole all the
wealth away from the poor one.
14. Women are just as capable of combat roles as men.
15. Most Arabs are interested in peace.
16. Homosexuality is genetically determined.
17. Native Americans and Eskimos have always spent their days worrying about the
18. National Public Radio is objective.
19. The New York Times is not liberal
20. All Christians are racists.
21. All Jews are racists.
22. Moslems can never be racists.
23. Blacks can never be racists.
24. The bombing of Hiroshima did not save any lives and was done because Americans
25. Mowing your lawn and using insecticides is murder; partial-birth abortion is not.
26. Israeli settlements are the cause of the Middle East conflict.
27. The Ozone hole was caused by deodorants.
28. Recycling saves resources.
29. Poverty is caused by low self-esteem.
30. Poor school performance is caused by low self-esteem.
31. The fact that Asian Americans make more money and are better educated than
American whites does not disprove the claim that America is a racist country in which only
whites can succeed.
32. Louis Farrakhan, Al Sharpton, and their friends are thinkers and idealists.
33. Michael Lerner is a rabbi.
34. If one tribe in Africa oppresses another tribe, it is all the fault of white people.
35. The United States does not need any army at all, other than as a laboratory for social
engineering involving women and gays.
36. Liberalism is based on compassion and caring.
37. Capital punishment does not deter crime.
38. If there are proportionately more blacks in prison than whites, it is because the courts
and police are racist.
39. The CIA is run by far-Right fanatics.
40. Organic produce is good for you.
41. Throw-away diapers cause the environment to be destroyed.
42. Hollywood actors are more sensitive and caring than the rest of us.
43. Investments by multinational corporations are bad for the economies of developing
44. Labor unions are good for the economy.
45. Workers in poor countries would be better off if all the overseas
corporations were kicked out.
46. Slavery was always practiced exclusively by white people.
47. Raising the minimum wage does not increase unemployment.
48. Rent controls do not create housing shortages.
49. Mentally ill people are better off on the streets than in mental institutions.
50. The media are not dominated by leftists.
51. Marching against AIDS helps prevent AIDS.
52. Palestinians are oppressed.
So you see, practicing the theology of political correctness is easy ? just repeat three or
four of the above assertions every day before breakfast and you too will soon be a caring,
compassionate, progressive human person! ◙
About the Author: Steven Plaut is a professor at the University of Haifa. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must log in to post a comment.
The growing revelations that the Obama State Department watered down public statements on the attack in order to cleanse them of any mention of al Qaeda and terrorism is a travesty.
We must confront Islamist groups with what Prime Minister David Cameron referred to as “muscular liberalism.”
Al-Qaradawi’s visit and statements also serve as a reminder that the Israeli-Arab conflict is centered, more than ever, around religion.
Everyone who reads newspapers should know at least one thing. Threats to annihilate Israel have always been unremarkable. Almost never, it seems, have Israel’s existential enemies sought any reason for concealment.
Mark Treyger, a candidate for city council in New York City’s 47th council district, met recently with the editorial board of The Jewish Press at the newspaper’s Boro Park office.
Israel’s government did not want to liberate Jerusalem. Or to be more specific, the Labor and National Religious Party ministers did not want to liberate Jerusalem. “Who needs that whole Vatican?” Defense Minister Moshe Dayan explained at the time.
Last Friday, the Western Wall underwent an unwelcome transformation from sacred site to media circus as the group known as the Women of the Wall sought to hold a decidedly non-traditional prayer service.
Two recent revelations have raised serious questions about the kind of government President Obama is running.
Readers of my monthly Baseball Insider column may have noticed its absence last week (the column appears in the second issue of every month). The reason for that is I have something more serious and personal to share with you, something that didn’t seem appropriate for a baseball column.
Herbert Romerstein died last week after a long illness. With Herb’s passing, we lose not only a good guy but a vast reservoir of knowledge that is not replaceable.
Freedom House recently released its annual report on press freedom throughout the world at an event sponsored by the Newseum in Washington. But along with the usual and appropriate condemnations of dictatorships and totalitarian states, the group decided to slam the one democracy in the Middle East as well as one of the few states in the region where press freedom actually exists: Israel.
What is the relationship between Pesach and Shavuos?
Rabbi Naftali Jaeger, rosh yeshiva of Sh’or Yoshuv, relates in the name of the Ishbitzer Rebbe a striking metaphor:
Now is the time for Ankara to take some corrective domestic and foreign policy measures consistent with what the country has and continues to aspire for but fails to realize.
April 16, 2013
Dear Mr. President,
My heartfelt sympathies to you and the American people for the acts of protest carried out in Boston this week during the Boston Marathon. This really is a wake-up call for us all.
Honest Abe used exactly the same blockade tactic against the Confederacy over which the Israeli Left is now sobbing its eyes out.
Quick. Name all the Israeli parties that did not run in the recent election on a platform focusing on lowering the price of housing and the cost of living. After that, name all the Israeli parties who understand what has produced the rapid increase in housing prices and have a plan for coping with them and lowering them.
There is a widespread misconception that the Middle East conflict is complicated. In fact, it is really rather simple.
Indeed, one can basically summarize and explain the entire conflict in the context of the words “occupation” or “occupied territories” and people’s beliefs about the effects of such “occupation.”
In 1999, Benjamin Netanyahu, in his first go-round as prime minister, lost his reelection bid to Ehud Barak, much to the delight of Israel’s conscripted media and of many in its judicial system.
There is a species of radical leftist that believes the main purpose of taxpayer-funded universities is to indoctrinate students in radical left-wing ideology. Such people believe the only legitimate form of scholarly research and teaching is to force upon students the ideas and agendas of the left because only these represent correct thinking.
It is now official. Rachel Corrie, patron saint of the pro-terror radical left and its Islamofascist allies, essentially committed suicide in order to assist Palestinian terrorists. She was not killed in cavalier fashion by Israel. Israel had no particular reason to want her dead (as opposed to deported).
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/opinions/the-theology-of-political-correctness-in-52-easy-steps/2003/03/14/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online:
No related posts.