Meir Panim implements programs that serve Israel’s neediest populations with respect and dignity. Meir Panim also coordinated care packages for families in the South during the Gaza War.
Interested in practicing the theology of political correctness? The very same practiced by
the PC Cult religion? Well, the theology of political correctness is based largely on going into
denial. So we have assembled a list of points in the PC Denial catechism that you will need to
practice if you truly wish to convert to being a PC progressive. Here is a list of the most
important principles of PC theology. Try to remember them all so that you can be caring and
open-hearted faster than you can say “race, gender, class” (the PC Trinity):
1. Affirmative action is not about lowering standards.
2. Affirmative action never has anything to do with quotas.
3. The transformation of Cuba from Latin America's wealthiest country into its poorest
does not mean that socialism does not work.
4. The transformation of Russia from the world's largest food exporter before
communism to the world's largest food importer during communism does not show that
socialism does not work.
5. Comparing East Germany (before unification) with West Germany, or Red China with
Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore, or North Korea with South Korea, one cannot conclude that
6. The fact that Marx was wrong about every empirically-testable hypothesis does not
mean that Marxism is wrong.
7. The fact that Marxism caused a conservatively-estimated 100 million deaths in the 20th
century does not mean that Marxism is bad or a failure.
8. Marxists care about people.
9. Conservatives hate all people and small animals.
10. The fact that socialized medicine does not work anywhere does not mean that it
would not work in America.
11. The fact that the green lobby was screaming just a few years back about global
cooling (and sometimes still does) is no reason why its warnings about global warming should be
regarded with skepticism.
12. The fact that black Americans live better on average than white people in Europe or
Japanese people in Japan does not disprove the charge that black Americans are the most
oppressed and impoverished people in the world.
13. If one country is rich and another poor, it must be because the rich one stole all the
wealth away from the poor one.
14. Women are just as capable of combat roles as men.
15. Most Arabs are interested in peace.
16. Homosexuality is genetically determined.
17. Native Americans and Eskimos have always spent their days worrying about the
18. National Public Radio is objective.
19. The New York Times is not liberal
20. All Christians are racists.
21. All Jews are racists.
22. Moslems can never be racists.
23. Blacks can never be racists.
24. The bombing of Hiroshima did not save any lives and was done because Americans
25. Mowing your lawn and using insecticides is murder; partial-birth abortion is not.
26. Israeli settlements are the cause of the Middle East conflict.
27. The Ozone hole was caused by deodorants.
28. Recycling saves resources.
29. Poverty is caused by low self-esteem.
30. Poor school performance is caused by low self-esteem.
31. The fact that Asian Americans make more money and are better educated than
American whites does not disprove the claim that America is a racist country in which only
whites can succeed.
32. Louis Farrakhan, Al Sharpton, and their friends are thinkers and idealists.
33. Michael Lerner is a rabbi.
34. If one tribe in Africa oppresses another tribe, it is all the fault of white people.
35. The United States does not need any army at all, other than as a laboratory for social
engineering involving women and gays.
36. Liberalism is based on compassion and caring.
37. Capital punishment does not deter crime.
38. If there are proportionately more blacks in prison than whites, it is because the courts
and police are racist.
39. The CIA is run by far-Right fanatics.
40. Organic produce is good for you.
41. Throw-away diapers cause the environment to be destroyed.
42. Hollywood actors are more sensitive and caring than the rest of us.
43. Investments by multinational corporations are bad for the economies of developing
44. Labor unions are good for the economy.
45. Workers in poor countries would be better off if all the overseas
corporations were kicked out.
46. Slavery was always practiced exclusively by white people.
47. Raising the minimum wage does not increase unemployment.
48. Rent controls do not create housing shortages.
49. Mentally ill people are better off on the streets than in mental institutions.
50. The media are not dominated by leftists.
51. Marching against AIDS helps prevent AIDS.
52. Palestinians are oppressed.
So you see, practicing the theology of political correctness is easy ? just repeat three or
four of the above assertions every day before breakfast and you too will soon be a caring,
compassionate, progressive human person! ◙
About the Author: Steven Plaut is a professor at the University of Haifa. He can be contacted at email@example.com.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Comments are closed.
Can teenagers seriously be expected to behave properly when they are surrounded by so much suggestive material? Is it fair to expose them (and ourselves) to so much temptation and then tell them, “Just say no”?
Washington remains ignorant of the need to dismantle alliances with various Muslim countries.
Defeating IS requires bombing its strongholds and recognizing the violent nature of Islam.
Israel and the Palestinian Authority cannot even agree to move their clocks back on the same day.
Shemita is about relating to each other by temporarily eliminating gaps of wealth power & status
David transcended adversity to become a leader; Who are we to make excuses for a lack of greatness?
sympathy: Feeling sorrow or pity for another’s tribulations; Empathy:sharing an emotional experience
Last week the president announced a four-point plan. Unfortunately, there’s little buy-in from our European and Middle Eastern allies. Here’s my own four-point plan that may be more palatable to our allies.
Rosh Hashanah has an obvious connection to God’s Kingship. We constantly refer to Him during the Asseres Yemei Teshuvah as Melech/King. The nusach of the tefillah, referring to Rosh Hashanah as “a remembrance of the first day” (of Creation), implies a certain dimension of divine kingship operating at the time of Creation and replicated every […]
Yes, God judges, but His judgment is that of a loving father who longs for his child’s quick return.
Anti-Semitism has returned to the mainstream of European society and Israel has become its focus.
Home is Milwaukee where their congregation, Beth Jehudah, and community always await their return.
A murderous uprising is taking place in Israel; On the roads, In the mixed Jewish-Arab cities.
“Jewish Voices for Peace,” a Hamas lobby created by Jewish anti-Semites.
Neo-Nazis claim that Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is in fact a Mossad agent named Elliot Shimon
One grey night it happened, Bibi caved no more
& Poof that Foggy Bottomer, he vanished from our sight
It’s six K, five K, four K, Graft !
(Daylight come and da jail’s his new home)
In 2012, an initiative was begun in the Knesset led by David Rotem (from the Yisrael Beitenu party), to cut the stipends and pensions paid to convicted murderers and terrorists by 50 percent.
When the Temple was in existence, Jews were religiously obligated to eat roast meat at least once a year.
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/opinions/the-theology-of-political-correctness-in-52-easy-steps/2003/03/14/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: