Meir Panim delivers warmth, special care to families in need.
So three racists walk into a bar. Unfortunately, there’s no punchline. What Michael Richards said about blacks at a Los Angeles comedy club was racist. His career should be over.
But so should the careers of two other racists, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Unfortunately, they’re thriving.
While Richards made a gazillion phony apologies for uttering what he really thinks at age 57 (and blamed it on the War in Iraq – huh?), Jackson and Sharpton have never apologized even once for constantly telling us what they really think, over decades.
It’s a little strange – no, make that, absurd – to see Richards groveling and apologizing to Jackson and Sharpton, especially when the latter two have made race-baiting a career. Even more ludicrous is the media’s blindness to the thick irony of it all.
Take Jackson. Perhaps everyone forgot his comments that Jews are “Hymies” and New York is “Hymietown,” for which he never forthrightly apologized to America’s – or even New York’s – Jews. But check out these other Jackson utterances you probably don’t even know about because they didn’t get the “Kramer” treatment:
● He said he spit into the food of white customers when he worked as a waiter because “[It] gave me a psychological gratification.”
● “You can’t trust the Jews. I never have trusted those people.”
● He claimed President Nixon’s policies were harsh on the poor because, of Nixon’s top aides, “four out of five of them are German Jews.” Someone forgot to tell him that Erlichman and Haldeman were not “Hymies.”
● In working up a black church about the Jews, he claimed Jews conspired to keep the black man down (shown on PBS’s “McNeil-Lehrer Report”).
● Jews are “not willing to share power.”
● He told an Ohio county commissioner, “You Jews are much too sensitive.”
● He said the Democratic Party was “perverted by a reaction . . . to the Jewish element within the party,” and that the relationship between Jews and Democrats was “a kind of glorified form of bribery. Financial bankrolling and moral bankruptcy.”
● He claimed labor unions were insensitive to blacks because “Jews dominate the leadership at the top.”
● “I’m sick and tired of hearing about the Holocaust.”
● “I have seen very few Jewish reporters who are objective about Arab affairs.” (Unfortunately, Jackson is right about this. Most Jewish reporters bend over backward to portray the Arabist position positively and the Israeli position negatively.)
● When discussing his media critics, he said they were few in number (unfortunately, true) and “all Jewish” (not true).
Then there’s Sharpton:
● At a 1991 funeral of a black child accidentally killed by an out-of-control car driven by a Jew, Sharpton stated during his eulogy, “Talk about how Oppenheimer in South Africa sends diamonds straight to Tel Aviv and deals with the diamond merchants right here in Crown Heights.”
Oppenheimer is the Jewish family that is a big player in the diamond industry, and Crown Heights is a chassidic Jewish community, some of whose residents are in the diamond industry. It was clear he was denouncing the Jews. Sharpton spoke of how these “diamond merchants” had “the blood of innocent babies” on their hands and seemed to relish the idea of a violent confrontation in Crown Heights: “If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house.”
His shouting of “No Justice, No Peace” with the funeral crowd was akin to holding a lit match over a container of kerosene in Crown Heights, where a mob shouting “Kill the Jews!” already had surrounded Jewish rabbinical student Yankel Rosenbaum and stabbed him to death.
● In 1995, the black landlord of Freddy’s Fashion Mart in Harlem raised the rent on the store’s white (and Jewish) owner, who was forced to raise the rent on his black subtenant. Sharpton organized a protest and announced, “We will not stand by and allow them to move this brother so that some white interloper can expand his business.”
Sharpton did nothing to cool the passions of the protesters, many of whom took to shouting, “Burn down the Jew store!” and “We’re going to see that this cracker suffers.”
About the Author:
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Comments are closed.
In November 2014, Islamic Relief Worldwide was classified as a terrorist organization by the United Arab Emirates.
Too rarely appreciated for its symbolic weight; it can represent freedom and independence.
Erica Pelman is a spiritually-driven woman. She is founder and director of “In Shifra’s Arms” (ISA), an organization that offers aid to pregnant Jewish women of all religious backgrounds practically, financially and emotionally. Its arms are open to any pregnant woman in need whether single, divorced, separated, or from a financially-strapped family. “Presently, we are […]
Israeli history now has its version of “Dewey Defeats Truman” with headlines from 2 anti-Bibi papers
In God’s plan why was it necessary that Moses be raised by Pharaoh, away from his own family&people?
In their zechus may we all come to appreciate that life is a fleeting gift and resolve to spend every precious moment of it as if it were the last.
In any event, Mr. Netanyahu after the election sought to soften his statement on Palestinian statehood and apologized for what he conceded were remarks that “offended some Israeli citizens and offended members of the Israeli Arab community.”
There is something quite distinctive about the biblical approach to time.
The Waqf kept control of the Temple Mount due to Dayan’s “magnanimity in victory” after 6 Day war
The event promotes “1 state” solution (end of Israel as a Jewish State), BDS, lawfare against Israel
I rescued you?! You’re doing me a favor letting me help you!
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/opinions/they-have-a-scheme-kramer-meets-jesse-jackson-al-sharpton/2006/12/06/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: