No, it seems to me that Israeli spies are interested in questions like these:
- -What does the US know about Arab or Iranian capabilities or plans that it has not revealed?
- -What are US officials saying to Israel’s enemies in private? What are they hearing from them?
- -What are the capabilities of weapons the US is selling to Israel’s enemies? Is technical information available that could provide countermeasures?
- -What are US plans regarding its possible actions in the event of a conflict between Israel and Arab states, Iran or terrorist proxies?
- -What are agents of Israel’s enemies up to in the US? Who are they working with?
Naturally, the US doesn’t want Israel to know these things, as they constrain US actions and impinge on some conceptions of US interests. But from an Israeli point of view, it all represents information that is vital to Israel’s survival. And if you think that, from an American point of view, Israel’s continued existence is a Good Thing, you might wonder why Israel finds it necessary to spy on its great ally.