Photo Credit: Tzipi Schlissel / Tazpit News Agency
Tel Rumeida, or Tel Hebron, the site believed to be Biblical Hebron, was under a silent blanket of snow this morning.

Tel Rumeida’s real name, according to the Jews who returned to live there, is Tel Hebron. It is the site of the ancient home of our Patriarchs and Matriarchs, as well as King David. Archeologists have suggested there is positive evidence that Jews have lived in this area since the days of Abraham and Sarah.

Tzipi Schlissel / Tazpit News Agency

The land was purchased from Arabs in Hebron in 1811 by Rabbi Haim Bajaio. Earliwer, in in 1807, Rabbi Bajaio also bought land adjacent to the Jewish Quarter, known today as the Avraham Avinu neighborhood. But the property was first used as residential quarters in the summer of 1984, when Israel’s Defense Minister, on behalf of the Israeli government, agreed to a Jewish presence at the site.

Tzipi Schlissel / Tazpit News Agency
Advertisement

During excavations conducted under Jordanian occupation in the early 1960s, many ancient artifacts were uncovered, including giant walls dating back to the days of Joshua.

Tzipi Schlissel / Tazpit News Agency

Did you notice how we skillfully avoided politics for one day of a blessed snow?

Advertisement

3 COMMENTS

Loading Facebook Comments ...