July 26, 2016 / 20 Tammuz, 5776
News & Views

France’s Soaring Antisemitism Brings Out the Jewish Defense League

The Ligue de Defense Juive (LDJ) is doing what Rabbi Kahane did in New York City more than 40 years ago – making antisemites think twice before attacking.
By:

Photo Credit: LDJ

Cohen said CRIF is looking for a scapegoat to distract the Jewish public from its failure to prevent attacks on Jews through outreach and education. He also denied the group engages in violence, despite ample evidence to the contrary.

A French court last week sentenced LDJ activist David Ben Aroch to six months in prison for an attack he staged with another LDJ member at a Paris bookstore owned by a pro-Palestinian activist.

Aroch’s accomplice, Jason Tibi, was sentenced to four months for the attack at Librairie Resistance that sent the two victims to the hospital for days.

A clip from the French TV story, published by a pro-Palestinian source: “JDL Protected by French Police.”

JTA

About the Author:

22 Responses to “France’s Soaring Antisemitism Brings Out the Jewish Defense League”

1. David Baden says:

I fully agree that a defense league is needed, but please be very careful that whatever you do can be justfied.

2. David Baden says:

3. David Baden says:

4. I have mixed feelings about the use of violence.

5. Alan Kardon says:

Tell that to the people who are attacking Jews.

6. Jews have to be strong I fully agree the defence league don't worry wat they thing they are all losers

7. Surrender is not an option. Resist force with force.

8. I absolutely agree with you. Remember the Varsow ghetto . That's the only thing these Muslims understand FORCE. I will pray for them.

9. Why are jews in France, France is one of the most anti-sememitical country, french jews go to Israel we need you here.

10. The anti -Semites must know that they cannot act with impunity. HOWEVER, unless they are reacting to an immediate occurrence, in defence of Jewish people or property, if the perpetrators of hatred can be identified, they should turn the matter over to, and assist, the authorities. Should the authorities fail to act, then all bets are off.

11. Dan Silagi says:

Once upon a time I was a strong supporter of the JDL and Kahane. That was once upon a time. Now I regard them and the JDO as a bunch of vigilantes.

12. Mitchell Pak says:

Only Jews would be blind enough to due a Jewish group that's trying to defend them.

13. The French will never defend us. We must, therefore, defend ourselves. Kahane was right. G-d bless the LDJ.

14. The French will never defend us. We must, therefore, defend ourselves. Kahane was right. G-d bless the LDJ.

15. I find this sort of violence deplorable. The fact that Jews are doing it doesn't make it any better.

16. i agree sadly it's necessary

LDJ! 🙂

18. God bless all jews, and I am an effing atheist.

19. God bless all jews, and I am an effing atheist.

20. I think Jews should leave France, and no, I see nothing wrong with being armed and prepared to kill your attacker. You must not pay the slightest attention to the rest of the news from France, where the French population does not call the police even if they hear the screams and tortured cries of a Jewish hostage being beaten, raped, burned with cigarettes all over his body, for weeks on end. He was then set on fire, and his body dumped nearby. That is why your ghetto attitude is offensive to me, I suppose.

21. Jenni Jenx says:

why is it the second diaspora in the world then? instead of speaking about what you don't you should shut up!