Student Union opens ‘hasbara’ room in effort to fill public diplomacy vacuum.
Accused Nazi war criminal Hans Lipschis was released from custody in Germany after being diagnosed with dementia.
The arrest warrant against Lipschis, 94, was canceled Friday due to a psychiatrist’s determination that the alleged former SS guard at Auschwitz was suffering from the early stages of the illness and therefore might not sufficiently understand and respond to the charges against him, according to reports.
Lipschis had been held in the Hohenasperg prison hospital near Stuttgart since May on charges of complicity in hundreds of murders at the Nazi death camp.
A state court in Germany must decide if a trial should take place, reportedly depending on Lipschis’ state of health.
At the time of his arrest, Lipschis was called one of the 10 most wanted Nazis in a report by Zeit Online newspaper.
In April, he told the German newspaper Die Welt am Sonntag that he was in Auschwitz “as a cook the whole time.”
Lipschis, a native of Lithuania, reportedly moved to Chicago in 1956. He was stripped of his American citizenship and deported in 1982 after U.S. immigration authorities determined that he had lied about his Nazi past in order to gain entry into the country.
His arrest in Germany last spring followed the release of information to German courts on about 50 former Auschwitz guards. All the suspects are approximately 90 years old.
About the Author:
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Golani brigade commander was hospitalized after being wounded, but he returned to the battlefield to complete the mission.
The Ruderman Family Foundation rewards Jewish organizations for promoting inclusion of those with disabilities.
We mourn the dead, wish a speedy recovery to the wounded, and pray that God guides the government.
Ban ki-Moon and John Kerry might have some credibility if they would talk peace with terrorists in Syria.
“Like all mothers of soldiers, I pray that this ends peacefully, that all the boys come home safe-and-sound,” Ruthie says.
UN Secretary General Ban Ki Moon said Tuesday that he respects the legitimacy of Israel’s right to defend itself, but also called on Israel to limit its reaction to ongoing Hamas rocket fire at Israeli civilians. According to a report on the Hebrew-language Ynet website, Mr Ban also said his organization rejected the terror gang’s […]
Left-wing Justice Minister Tzipi Livni said Tuesday that no ceasefire is imminent between Israel and Hamas, and added that the current military operation in the Gaza Strip was “unavoidable.” Speaking to Army Radio, Livni said there is no substance to Palestinian reports earlier in the day that Israel and the terrorists were considering an additional […]
Six IDF soldiers wounded in Gaza have showed significant improvement at Soroka Hospital in Beer Sheva, Israel Radio reported. Three soldiers have been downgraded from “serious” condition to “moderate,” and three additional soldiers are now listed as “lightly injured.” One hundred fourteen soldiers are currently hospitalised as the result of the fighting.
Leading US paper interviews Hamas leader, shocked to ‘discover’ interview takes place in civilian hospital.
PM meets wounded soldiers at Ashkelon hospital, tells foreign diplomats they have moral obligation to support Israel.
As of this writing, Code Red rocket alerts were sounded in the following locations Tuesday: 10:28 pm Be’er Sheva Shoval, Rahat and surrounds 9:56 pm Be’er Sheva, Hatzerim, Tifrach, Meitar and surrounds 9:17 pm Lod, Yavneh, Kiryat Akron, Gedera, Ramle, Gan Yavneh, Kfar Bilu, Ashdod, Kiryat Malachi 9:00 pm Bat Yam, Rishon L’Tsion, Rechovot, Modi’in, Macabim […]
Ashkelon Mayor Itamar Shimoni said Tuesday that the funeral of Jordan Ben-Simon, a lone IDF soldier killed in Gaza yesterday, would be limited to 300 attendees due to the threat of rocket attacks. Following the outpouring of support for lone soldiers yesterday, when more than 20,000 people created a mass funeral for lone soldier Sean Carmeli, […]
Teenage member of MK Zoabi’s clan making name for self as pre-eminent Arab supporter of Israel.
Army finally forced to admit soldier is missing; efforts continue to identify seventh body from Sunday night attack.
A chief rabbi of the Netherlands said unidentified individuals hurled stones at his home in what he said was the second anti-Semitic attack on him in a week. Rabbi Binyomin Jacobs said the latest attack took place at 5 a.m. Thursday, when two stones were hurled through a window of his home in Amersfoort. An earlier incident outside his home […]
Police in Berlin say about 1,000 demonstrators, most of them Palestinian, held an unregistered march protesting Israel’s actions in Gaza. Up to ten demonstrators were arrested for breach of the peace and for trying to forcibly free others already arrested in Saturday’s melee, a police spokesperson said. Rocks were thrown during the disturbance and a police officer was struck but […]
Leftists talk “peace” in Tel Aviv, but Arab family won’t accept condolence visit from Peres
38 year old man beaten with metal bars; Third of Malmö residents from Muslim-majority countries
A Jewish-Muslim family from Syria escaped from the country’s civil war to Israel.
From Australia to Argentina, Jewish communities mourn latest Palestinian atrocity.
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/german-court-nazi-war-criminal-unfit-for-trial/2013/12/09/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: