Close your eyes, breathe in deeply, now exhale slowly… That was easy, wasn’t it? Not for everyone…
Hussam Hassan Qawasme, the Hamas mastermind behind the June kidnapping and murder of three Israeli teens, has been indicted, according to a statement released today by Israel’s Shin Bet security forces. The IDF military court announced the indictment Thursday morning, nearly two months after Qawasme was arrested for his suspected role in the terror attack. A number of family members have also been implicated for assisting him in the crime.
On June 12, Hamas terrorists from Hebron kidnapped Gil-Ad Sha’er, 16, Naftali Frenkel 16, and Eyal Yifrah, 19, while the three were hitchhiking at Gush Etzion Junction, and shot them dead shortly thereafter when they realized that one of the teens had called the police.
According to the indictment Qawasme, a senior Hamas operative, received funding for the operation from his brother Mahmoud, a Hamas terrorist who was released to Gaza in the Gilad Schalit deal. Hussam Qawasme obtained total of at least 150,000 shekels to use for the attack, at least some of which is believed to have been transmitted by his mother and another woman who was not named.
The investigation revealed that the money was used to purchase the vehicles used in the kidnapping, as well as two M-16 assault rifles and two handguns, the latter of which were used to kill the teens. The vehicle used in the kidnapping itself was burned near the town of Dura, while the getaway vehicle was abandoned in Hebron.
The two main suspects in the actual kidnap and murder, Marwan Qawasme, a relative of Hussam, and Amar Abu Aisha, remain at large. In his confession, Hassam Qawasme named others who helped hide the two suspects.
Following the murders, Hussam and Marwan Qawasme took the bodies of the victims and transported them to a field purchased by Hussam several months prior to the attack, where they buried them.
When the bodies of the missing teens were found on June 30, Qawasme went into hiding, and planned to enlist the help of family members to flee to Jordan. The Shin Bet named these as Hisham Qawasme, 35, Jamil Qawasme, 28, and Hassan Qawasme, 45, who all currently in Israeli custody.
The ringleader was found and arrested on July 11 while hiding in the Shuafat refugee camp.
The Shin Bet said that Hussam is “the son of a family whose sons have been involved in severe terror attacks on behalf of Hamas.” His brother Hassin was involved in the bombing near the International Convention Center in Jerusalem in March 2011 and is currently serving a life sentence. Mahmoud Qawasme, another brother of Hussam, served 20 years in prison for assisting in the 2004 suicide attack in Be’er Sheva that killed 16 Israelis.
Two other brothers were also implicated for helping Hussam organize the kidnap and murder of the three teens.
About the Author: Zeev Ben-Yechiel writes for Tazpit News Agency.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Comments are closed.
Former liberal Democratic New York Congressman Gar Ackerman has come out four-square against the nuclear deal with Iran, Ackerman, who was New York City’s 7th District Congressman for 30 years until 2013 and is 72 years old, has joined the advisory board of Citizens for a Nuclear Free Iran. He stated Friday: While I have […]
The surfer got back to shore and saw there had been two sharks circling him.
Cong. Albio Sires of New Jersey is the third Democrat so far to come out against the JCPOA because it won’t bar Iran from becoming a nuclear state
Sandy Berger: “Going forward, if Bibi continues to be the obstacle, you will need to find the ground from which you can make his politics uneasy.”
The plaintiff allege that a building manager told them to “Go somewhere else if you don’t like it.”
Gaza terrorists launched a double rocket attack late Saturday, but Israelis weren’t warned. The rockets miraculously landed short.
Here is a long, but incomplete, list of Arab attacks over Shabbat…
Palestinian Authority Arabs attempt to torch Joseph’s tomb in retaliation for Duma arson attack.
Israel Police are on nationwide ‘high alert’ in response to an uptick in Arab violence.’
Arabs attacked Israeli forces in Jerusalem, Judea and Samaria on Sabbath over the deaths of an innocent baby and a terrorist.
There were no injuries, but the bus was badly damaged.
State Dept. claims Congress is “looped in,” but IAEA head refuse to testify at Senate hearings.
They are throwing rocks and blocks at the drivers as they drive by.
A 12-year-old Syrian boy with injuries to his arms, leg, and eyes, was carried by donkey, and brought to Israel for medical treatment by his brother…
“I don’t see a way out for the court from dealing with this case. For the first time they have the jurisdiction to deal with Hamas war crimes in Gaza.”
Yet another terrorist attack was averted today…
The body of 1st Sgt. Shachar Shalev was laid to rest this afternoon in the cemetery in Hipsin.
Heavy fighting in Syria is overflowing into Israel.
The recent war in Gaza is not expected to inflict any lasting damage on economic performance.
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/mastermind-of-kidnapping-murder-of-3-teens-indicted-attack-was-a-family-run-affair/2014/09/04/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: