August 30, 2014 / 4 Elul, 5774
News & Views
Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat (L) visits the JewishPress.com booth at The Event. And the Winners of the JewishPress.com Raffle Are…

Congratulations to all the winners of the JewishPress.com raffle at The Event

Hebron ‘We Have a Dram’ March Culminates in Attack on Local Jew

Some of the people were wearing masks with pictures of Obama on them. Most of the pushing and shoving centered around a banner sign they were carrying.
The Arab banner reads: "I Have a Dram."

The Arab banner reads: "I Have a Dram."

David Wilder who filed this report was too worked up to notice the hilarious banner carried by Palestinian Arabs in Hebron, condemning Israel’s “Hebron apartheid” (Arabs have access to the entire city of Hebron, while Jews are limited to about 30 percent of the city — that IS apartheid… Things became serious shortly thereafter, but seeing as the banner was intended for Barack Obama to read, we urge the president to send more funds to teach Arabs basic spelling. Unless they really do have a dram (a unit of liquid capacity equal to 18 fluid ounce) they want to fulfill… — Yori Yanover.

Late Wednesday morning, I made my way from our offices in the Avraham Avinu neighborhood of Hebron to Beit Hadassah, a few minutes away, to speak with a group there. Being a few minutes early, I first went upstairs to my home. Coming downstairs, ten minutes later, a friend asked if I was going to film the “balagan” (pandemonium) outside in the street. What balagan? I asked. “A march, with Arabs and Palestinian flags, right here on the street.”

I ran up to the street, grabbed my camera from the car, and saw, a few meters in front of me, a group of Arabs, foreign anarchists, and Israelis, as well as a large group of journalists, mostly Arab photographers, and a few soldiers and Hebron residents.

As I started filming, I quickly saw a true Hebron nemesis, also with a camera: Issa Amru, who can be described as something of a terrorist trouble-maker, a master provocateur .

Who is this guy?

The following is a letter sent today to senior IDF and police officers:

To: General Nitzan Alon Commander, Central Command

Col. Avi Bluth Hebron Brigade Commander,

Commander Itzik Rachamim Hebron Police Commander

Re: Issa Amro

This person is the center of anarchist-terrorist activity in Hebron. Said activity is not confined to incitement and organizing illegal demonstrations and violence, but also includes actual military operations, including Molotov cocktails and more.

For example, a video circulated on the ambush and use of firebombs against IDF soldiers. The tape is written in Arabic “Youth against the settlements,” an organization of Issa Amro and his partner Jonathan Pollack.

It should be added that Arabs entered the Admot Yishai (Tel Rumeida) neighborhood Friday night, March 8, 2013 (20 meters from a soldier’s position), uprooted a tree and dismantled and stole a bench. Undoubtedly, these operations were carried out under the command of Issa.

This activity can be carried out only after monitoring and intelligence gathering.

This person is behind a series of serious provocations.

On March 19, he organized another provocation at Tel Rumeida, carried out by his brother, trying to cut through a barbed wire fence.

Today, March 20, there was a serious provocation outside Beit Hadassah, coordinated by Amro and with the cooperation and participation of anarchist elements. Arabs marched through the streets with PLO flags and banners. David Wilder, a Hebron resident and member of the Community Municipal Committee, was attacked and his camera broken. Security forces, rather than help him, did nothing, appearing helpless.

This series of failures could lead to bloodshed.

We demand that you take all actions necessary to put an end to these provocations and incitement, and to stop this terrorist activity immediately. Use administrative detention until you are able to find a long-term solution to completely end this hostile and dangerous activity.

We warn that any delay in dealing conclusively could be very costly.

Regards,

Avraham Ben Yosef – Mayor, Hebron Municipal Council

Uri Karzen – Director General, Hebron Jewish Community

Issa seemed to be having a good time. He fingered me, gave me a V sign, and blew me some kisses. He eventually took my Canan 5D camera, tossed it into the air and watched it bounce in the street. I think the body is ok but the 24-105, $1500 lens died.

Eventually, after it was over, he was arrested. The last time he went to court, the judge banned him from participating in demonstrations in Hebron for six months. That was a few months ago. Having violated the court decision, he may now find himself warming a jail cell for a while. Probably not long enough, unless our security forces get their stuff together and find a way to rid us of this dangerous person.

About the Author: David Wilder is the spokesperson for the Hebron Community.

29 Responses to “Hebron ‘We Have a Dram’ March Culminates in Attack on Local Jew”

1. God bless Israel, and God bless America. It is a shame of the problems within our country, but God is our source, and things will be ok with him on the side of Israel, and the ones for Israel in America, but God will take care of the ones that are against us in both states.

2. Arabs wanting to end apartheid! That is truly funny. EVERY Muslim regime in the world happens to be far more racist and apartheid than South Africa ever thought of.

3. ISSA AMRO SHOULD NOT BE RUNNING LOOSE AT ALL, KNOWING WHAT HE HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF AND CONTINUES TO DO.

4. Eva Feld says:

So what does it take of reign Issa Amro in, either dead or alive?

5. Liz Curran says:

While I'll give you the banner is spelled incorrectly, your statement about Arabs having access to all parts of the city is a lie.

6. Maria Malmqvist says:

I can't believe the rasist statements I see both in the article and in the comments. I have met Issa and I know that he he a very decent and honnest man. All he wants is a decent life for himself and his people.

7. Dani Kü says:

Mr David Wildler, before you send funds to teach arabs basic spelling I stongly recommand you to invest some money into basic classes about international law!

8. Dani Kü says:

9. Issa Amro says:

keep writing lies Wilder , you are a big thief , writing false stories to get money , you are using your own people to get money , keep writing letters , I am not afraid of you or from your army , or your police. You are not welcome in Hebron , it is not your country , it is my country , your are a sick crazy old man , you don't know the meaning of Non-violence , you came from USA to Hebron , So you should understand what Martin luther king did to his people , he was killed but till now he has followers , I will die maybe killed because of your false stories , but my followers as king will keep in the same direction I am leading them now , ICC is waiting you and your leaders , so hide your killing machine , you should regret before you lose powers , come to my house ask me for forgiveness , I will forget and forgive you , I don't hate , I love only people. this what king said to me and to everyone. soon or later Palestine will be free from occupation , you will be in Jail , I will come to visit you and remind you about your mistakes dude.

if anything happened to me you will be responsible about it?

10. Issa Amro says:

if anything happened to me you will be responsible about it?

11. Kim Nguyen says:

You need support – are there any Israeli activists that will come to your defense? These Hebron zionists are the worst!

12. Pia Qu says:

it's very confusing to read, – I'm not sure I really understand this, only thing I understand is two friends in danger?

13. Pia Qu says:

or, even names are confusing..

14. Pia Qu says:

okay, now I read again, slowly, my head is tired..
    Who is that "David Wilder" ? Is he a journalist or some kind of "terror-writer"?

15. Eyad Ashour says:

he is a terror settler

16. Mario Savio says:

Are Jews and Arabs in H2 territory in Hebron equal? They're under the same rule, but do they vote to the same parliament? No, they don't. So Israel doesn't allow Palestinians to struggle for equality through democratic means like voting. So one wonders what other way they will choose… Former Israeli defense minister Ehud Barak himself said that if he were Palestinian he would join one of the "terror" groups and struggle.

17. Pia Qu says:

Issa – You've got my support!

18. Anna Lena says:

Issa

19. Les Le Gear says:

This arab turd should be taken out asap.

20. Les Le Gear says:

This arab turd should be taken out asap.

21. Les Le Gear says:

Everywhere you look there are arab/muslims rioting and fighting; either with Israelis, Indiians, Thais, Indonesians, etc. or amongst themselves. It's self-evident there's a severe malfunction in the minds of these people.
    They've really not accomplished anything substantive or positive in millennia. They are a pitiable people.

22. John Abramson says:

Les Le Gear: Funny… isn't that exactly what the Germans said about us Jews about a hundred years ago? Do we think they were right? Or was that propaganda just as false as the racist, ignorant, evil and ethnocentric zionist propaganda that we hear from right wing maniacs such as yourself?
    It is to me very obvious that you have no idea whatsoever what you are talking about; and I would go as far as to call your opinions fascism in its purest form. For some peculiar reason I feel ashamed of you even though we've never met!
    You have learned nothing from either the past, present or the future and you spit in the faces of our ancestors!

23. John Abramson says:

24. Jews in Hebron have access to 3% only, not 30% as it says in the article.

25. hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh its funny >>:)

26. Thieving fascist Arabs need to deported from the land they stole and occupy. Arabs are from ARABIA – Jews from JUDEA

27. They aren't citizens of Israel. They are JORDANIAN citizens so no foreigners do not have rights Israel or any other country in the world

28. Mario Savio says:

Totally wrong. Jordan disengaged from the West Bank in 1988 after Israel's rejection of the Peres-Hussein London agreement. What's happening today in Hebron is apartheid, plain and simple.

ISIS in Quneitra
Updates from Kuneitra, Syria [video]
Latest News Stories
ISIS in Quneitra

With new neighbors along our Syrian border, we thought we’d check out what they’re saying and what’s going on…

Jewish Comedienne Joan Rivers gives an impromptu speech on why Hamas should be wiped out.

We wish a speedy recovery to Joan Rivers, the straight-shooting Jewish comedienne whose exact analysis of the war was, “Hamas started it.”

An IDF soldier who was critically injured last week by a rocket that hit Ashdod died from his wounds today. He is Israel’s 71st casualty in the war. Sergeant Natanel Maman, 21, from Gan Yavne, an Ordnance Corps soldier, was critically injured by a rocket that hit Ashdod last Friday. He was promoted posthumously from […]

Imam speaks against ISIS to a  Michigan"crowd" of approximately 50 people.

More than 200,000 Muslims live in Michigan. Fifty of them showed up for a protest against ISIS.

Sofer, who may have died from dehydration after falling in a ravine while hiking, is being buried in Beit Shemesh.

The Boycott Israel movement, so far, is more bark than bite.

The bad news is that ISIS and Al Qaeda are on the Syrian Golan. The good news is that every terrorist in Syria is killing each other.

Netanyahu gets support from Congressmen on House Armed Services Committee

Some Chareidi entertainers thrilled the crowd on Jerusalem’s Ben Yehuda Street with some Jewish entertainment.

Hamas’ supreme leader Khaled Mashaal dashed any hopes of long-term peace with Israel in a speech in Qatar on Thursday in which he shot from the hip at Israel and also at his terrorist organization’s new partner, the rival Fatah movement headed by Palestinian Authority chairman Mahmoud Abbas. His lengthy speech in Qatar, which has […]

Many of the Syrian soldiers were not armed when ISIS captured and then slaughtered them.

Police are still working to confirm the identity of a body that was found by searchers hunting for missing yeshiva student Aharon Sofer.

Iconic pro-Israel comedian Joan Rivers is in critical condition following a throat procedure.

UN troops fled their posts along the Syrian-Israel border after they decided it was too dangerous for them to do their job.

In the wake of a 12th Israel-Gaza cease-fire, Britain’s Jews and Muslims have issued a joint call for peace.

The investigation shed light on the movements of the drug traffickers operating under Hezbollah’s direction in Lebanon and Israel.