A rabbi and his daughter at the Chabad Lubavitch day care center in Salt Lake City, Utah saved two Torah scrolls from possible destruction Monday after he smelled smoke in the building.

Twenty children, including five infants, were evacuated, according to the local Tribune newspaper.

Advertisement

A faulty furnace was cited as the source of the heavy smoke that promoted the two-alarm fire reported by Rabbi Benny Zippel, whose daughter Chaya saved one of the scrolls from smoke damage.

A faulty furnace was blamed for smoke that prompted the evacuation of a Salt Lake City day care on Monday afternoon.

Advertisement

1 COMMENT

  1. Why wasn't this article entitled "20 children including infants saved in Utah Day Centre … ? G-d forbid that this website should value a Torah scroll more than a human life?

Comments are closed.

Loading Facebook Comments ...