Guests at a wedding in Petach Tikvah last night were shocked as the groom did the unthinkable. Towards the end of the wedding ceremony, he stamped on a glass in the traditional manner, but before his friends and family could shout Mazal Tov, it became apparent that a shard of glass had gone through his shoe and seriously injured his foot. Luckily United Hatzalah volunteers were just a phone call away and arrived on the scene in minutes to provide first aid. The volunteers offered a comprehensive treatment to solve the problem from start to end: they escorted the groom to the nearest emergency room in a United Hatzalah ambulance, expedited his treatment there so he was released in fifteen minutes, and taking him back to his loving new bride, friends and family, where he delicately but defiantly danced the night away.
United Hatzalah President Eli Beer said: “ United Hatzalah is always on call for every kind of emergency and we were happy to be the first on scene to help this man to get back on his feet on his wedding day. We wish the family a hearty Mazal Tov and hope they will never need our services again in the future.”
About the Author: JewishPress.com brings you the latest in Jewish news from around the world. Stay up to date by following up on Facebook and Twitter. Do you have something noteworthy to report? Submit your news story to us here.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.