web analytics
January 29, 2015 / 9 Shevat, 5775
 
At a Glance
News & Views
Sponsored Post


Bat-Galim Sha’ar: Families Won’t Accept ‘Irresponsible’ Gov’t Decisions

Mother of Gil-Ad Sha'ar addresses Knesset, pleads with lawmakers not to end search for missing boys
Ofir and Bat-Galim Sha'ar

Ofir and Bat-Galim Sha'ar
Photo Credit: Yossi Zeliger/Flash90

Bat-Galim Sha’ar, mother of missing teenager Gil-Ad, Sha’ar, urged the Knesset Wednesday to reverse a decision announced Tuesday to scale back the search for her son, and for Naftali Frenkel and Eyal Yifrah.

Shaar said she was taken by the overwhelming outpouring of support and concern for the boys’ safety, and cited the Biblical Rachel, who is traditionally cited as the matriarch known to “cry for her children.”

Click here for full text of speech 

“I may be heartbroken, but I am not broken,” Sha’ar said, and continued to level withering charges against current developments in the investigation. She criticised the government’s agreement with hunger striking prisoners, and said her confidence in Israeli authorities depended on the notion that Israel is doing “everything” it can to bring the boys home.

“We need to look beyond our own pain,” Sha’ar said, “to let go of that which burns within us; we are required to see before our eyes the people of Israel, the IDF, the security forces, the government of Israel standing up against its enemies, and the hidden mission God has brought before us.

“(But) Eyal, Gilad, and Naftali are being held by Hamas terrorist kidnappers – and the Prime Minister seeks to appease them, to please them?… Why should the Palestinians enjoy Ramadan while we Israelis have to deal with a daily lack of security? How can we agree to a situation in which the Palestinians enjoy a normal life, but we continue to wonder about our children?,” she said.

Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon announced the decision to scale back the manhunt Tuesday, saying the manhunt would continue but that efforts to destroy Hamas in Judea and Samaria would be curtailed. Observers said the move was timed to coincide with Ramadan, the Islamic holy month that will begin this weekend, and added that Israeli officials were concerned about creating “friction” with Palestinian civilians during the month of fasting.

Ya’alon: Operation Maxed Out

Today, Ya’alon denied that the move had been undertaken for fear of Ramadan riots, and stressed that after 12 days of intensive searching, the  army had maximized the operation in its current incarnation.

The scale back was not declared due to political considerations, but rather “because the operation against Hamas has been exhausted for the most part.

Ya’alon also said that the intelligence community would continue to work for the boys’ release, but pleaded for patience on the part of the families and the Israeli public.

“It is (only) a matter of time before we get the kidnappers and the kidnapped, but this requires patience. We are moving in the right direction. We will end up solving the mystery and I hope we can return the hostages safely,” Ya’alon said.

Religious Islamic sources relate to Ramadan as a month of charity, repentance and fasting, comparable to the Jewish Elul. But Palestinians traditionally “celebrate” the month with terror attacks, increased stone attacks from the Temple Mount to the Western Wall plaza and “days of rage” aimed to kill Israeli civilians.

Ultimately, Sha’ar said she had complete faith in the Nation of Israel, who have “unite(ed) in prayer for the safe return of our missing sons.” But she warned the families would not accept “irresponsible actions” of Israeli lawmakers.

“Making a deal with the hunger strikers at this time was irresponsible to the people of Israel,” Sha’ar said.

 

About the Author: Meir is a news writer for JewishPress.com - and he loves his job.


If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.

Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.

If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.

12 Responses to “Bat-Galim Sha’ar: Families Won’t Accept ‘Irresponsible’ Gov’t Decisions”

  1. She’s right. Time to put the screws to those savages. Start by turning off electricity and water. Let them die.

  2. She’s right. Time to put the screws to those savages. Start by turning off electricity and water. Let them die.

  3. She’s right. Time to put the screws to those savages. Start by turning off electricity and water. Let them die.

  4. She’s right. Time to put the screws to those savages. Start by turning off electricity and water. Let them die.

  5. One thing is a little puzzling. Initially reports pointed to ISIL as the kidnappers. ISIL has a longer kidnapping history. How confident is Israel that it was not an act of ISIL? Maybe ISIL was trying to spark an intifada knowing the quid pro quo routine.

    On a personal level I too want to see all three boys returned today unharmed.

  6. One thing is a little puzzling. Initially reports pointed to ISIL as the kidnappers. ISIL has a longer kidnapping history. How confident is Israel that it was not an act of ISIL? Maybe ISIL was trying to spark an intifada knowing the quid pro quo routine.

    On a personal level I too want to see all three boys returned today unharmed.

  7. One thing is a little puzzling. Initially reports pointed to ISIL as the kidnappers. ISIL has a longer kidnapping history. How confident is Israel that it was not an act of ISIL? Maybe ISIL was trying to spark an intifada knowing the quid pro quo routine.

    On a personal level I too want to see all three boys returned today unharmed.

  8. One thing is a little puzzling. Initially reports pointed to ISIL as the kidnappers. ISIL has a longer kidnapping history. How confident is Israel that it was not an act of ISIL? Maybe ISIL was trying to spark an intifada knowing the quid pro quo routine.

    On a personal level I too want to see all three boys returned today unharmed.

  9. Jay Grosflam says:

    Let the back channels do what they do.

  10. Carolin Knox says:

    Not another Shalit….that is the point.

Comments are closed.

SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

Current Top Story
US State Department spokesperson Jen Psaki.
US ‘Condemns’ Hezbollah Attack on IDF
Latest News Stories
US State Department spokesperson Jen Psaki.

The US condemns Hezbollah’s attack on “IDF forces” but never mentions civilians or terror. Why not?

Canadian Foreign Minister John Baird.

Canada comes out in strong support of Israel as it faces another threat from Iranian Mideast proxy, Hezbollah.

Manot Skulls 1

Professor Israel Hershkovitz (above) of the David-Manot Cave project compares a Neanderthal skull (L) and a Homo Sapiens skull (R), outside the excavation cave in Manot, Western Galilee in Northern Israel, on January 28, 2015. Archaeologists discovered a 55,000-year-old human skull in the Manot cave, which is the earliest fossilized evidence of an anatomically modern human […]

Soldiers carry injured comrades

Five IDF soldiers are in Ziv Hospital in Tzefat…

9:31pm The Mt. Hermon ski resort on the Golan Heights will be open for business tomorrow morning — having receiving permission from the IDF. 8:03pm Channel 2 reports that Hezbollah terror cell was located 5 kilometers from Israel, and not within Israel as originally thought.Soldiers in 2nd vehicle were saved after they jumped out of […]

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu announced Wednesday night that “whoever is behind today’s attack will pay the full price.”

The Gazans are protesting the freeze in the money transfer from the UN for rehabilitating their region.

Rivlin returning early to Israel from US trip due to situation in northern Israel.

The soldiers were part of an IDF convoy that was using a civilian road, one that hundreds of civilians use on a daily basis.

The GOC Northern Command declares Israel’s northern border with Syria in the Golan Heights to be a closed military zone.

The names of the IDF soldiers killed by Hezbollah at Mount Dov on Wednesday have been released for publication.

Lebanese Hezbollah supporters celebrate IDF deaths Wednesday by giving sweets to motorists.

Two IDF soldiers were killed by Iranian-backed Hezbollah in the most serious attack on Israel since the start of Syria’s civil war.

Soldiers hit in missile attack were patrolling in non-armored jeeps.

Arab brother, sister were apparently planning attack.

More Articles from Meir Halevi Siegel
Economics Minister and Bayit Yehudi chairman Naftali Bennett

Jewish Home leader blocks exhibition of dead bodies citing Jewish tradition to honor the dead; NIF objects.

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu.

Cabinet holds special session in Ashkelon, faces criticism from local residents, officials over lack of aid package

For two-and-a-half years, residents of the Golan Heights understood that domestic interests in Syria would keep war away from them.

4,000 dunams in G’vaot area declared state land, will open door for large construction project.

With Judeophobic attacks spiking around United Kingdom, local Jews say not enough done to enforce hate crime laws

Drug dealers suspected of aiding Hezbollah make inroads into Israel; smuggling attempts also included Jordan, Syria

Only time PLO seems interested in justice for Palestinians is when Israel is involved

For years, Binyamin Netanyahu’s views on negotiating with terrorists, and on negotiating under fire have been clear: In his defining treatise on the subject Terrorism: How the West Can Win, Netanyahu spelled out clear guidelines for dealing with the scourge of attacks on civilians. Amongst other principles, the then up-and-coming Likud leader said clearly that terrorists must […]

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/israel/bat-galim-shaar-families-wont-accept-irresponsible-govt-decisions/2014/06/25/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: