Photo Credit: Alex Kolomoisky /POOL / Yediot Ahronot

Israel is going to continue its current “campaign against terror in Gaza,” Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Sunday in his opening remarks at the weekly government cabinet meeting.

Netanyahu described the recent on again, off again conflict between Hamas terrorists and Israel Defense Forces which has lately involved an escalation including longer and longer-range rockets and this past week, one Grad missile, as “an exchange of blows” and warned the conflict “will not end in one strike.”

Advertisement

It has already lasted for several months — since the start of April, when Hamas launched its weekly violence along the border with Israel, along with it arson kites and incendiary balloon attacks.

“Our demand is clear – a complete ceasefire. We will not suffice with less than this,” Netanyahu said. Attacks from Hamas are continuing daily so far, however.

“As of now, we have destroyed hundreds of Hamas military targets, and in each round the IDF exacts an additional heavy price,” he added.

“I will not reveal here our operational plans, they are ready. Our objective is to restore the quiet to residents of the south and the area adjacent to the Gaza Strip; this goal will be achieved in full.”

Advertisement

SHARE
Previous articleArmed PA Police in Pickup Trucks Head Towards Jerusalem
Next articleHamas Arrests Members of Salafi Terror Cell
Hana Levi Julian is a Middle East news analyst with a degree in Mass Communication and Journalism from Southern Connecticut State University. A past columnist with The Jewish Press and senior editor at Arutz 7, Ms. Julian has written for Babble.com, Chabad.org and other media outlets, in addition to her years working in broadcast journalism.
Loading Facebook Comments ...