Latest update: June 2nd, 2013
On May 9, 2013, an international conference in Istanbul, Turkey, convened to discuss a Road Map to a Culture Of Peace in the Middle East. The conference Promoted the culture of peace and global ethics for conflict mediation through cultural diplomacy.
The May 9th conference in Istanbul brought together parliamentary, academic and religious leaders who commit to implementing the strategy of the Road Map to a Culture of Peace in the Middle East.
The picture we received from the conference organizers (our friend and regular contributor Sinem Tezyapar) messed with our own page dimensions – it’s one of those gigantic, panorama pictures, that includes all the many dignitaries. So I opted to run a reduced version of the original image up above, and below I entered two halves of the full-size image, so the reader can identify the participants. A couple guys got cut in half. My profuse apologies.
From left to right (sitting)
1. Knesset Member Rabbi Yitzhak Cohen, former Deputy Minister, Current Chairman of Knesset Committee on Ethics
2. Rabbi Izhak Dayan, Chief Rabbi of Geneva, Representative of the Conference of European Rabbis to the United Nations
3. Rabbi Ben Abrahamson, Founder and Director of Alsadiqin Organization, consultant to Jerusalem Rabbinical Court on matters regarding Islam
4. Knesset Member Rabbi Nissim Zeev, founder of Shas Party, Chairman of Joint Knesset Committee on Interior Affairs and Education, Chairman of Knesset Caucus for Israel and Global Ethics
5. Dr. Sheikh Ramzy, Executive Member of Muslim Council of Britain (MCB), Chair of the MCB Education Committee, Director of Iqra Islamic Institute, Founder of Oxford Islamic Information Center
6. Adnan Oktar, Honorary President of the Foundation for the Preservation of National Values
7. Sheikh Hassan Dyck, Senior Representative of Honorable Sheikh Nazim Al Qibrisi Haqqani
From left to right (standing)
1. Ahmet Çakar, Former Member of the Parliament from Nationalist Action Party
2. Dr. Cihat Gündoğdu
3. Representative of Pastor Enoch Adeboye, the General Overseer of Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG)
4. Yaşar Yakış, Former Foreign Minister from AK Party and Former Ambassador, Board Member of the Institute of Cultural Diplomacy
5. Pastor Dele Olowu, Chairman, Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) Mainland Europe
6. Mehmet Duman, Advisor to the Prime Minister of Turkey
7. Prof. Dr. Ulrich Bruckner, the Institute of Cultural Diplomacy, Head of ICD Program: Europe-Israel-Palestine, Jean Monet Professor for European Studies, Stanford University
8. Elvira González-Vallés, Program Director, Institute of Cultural Diplomacy
9. Mehmet Ali Bulut, Former Member of the Parliament from AK Party, member of Founders Council of Ak Party
10. Prof. Eyüp Sanay, Former Member of the Parliament from AK Party
11. Emre Kocaoğlu, Former Member of the Parliament from Motherland Party, Former Chairman of Turkish Democracy Foundation, Former Parliament Member of the European Convention
12. Ambassador Alan Baker, former Ambassador of Israel to Canada, Director of the Institute for Contemporary Affairs at the Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs
13. Dr. Oktar Babuna
Some of the other participants:
1. Knesset Member Rabbi David Azoulay, Former Chairman of Knesset Committee
2. Ms. Elpida Rouka, Chief Political Adviser to the United Nations Special Envoy to the Middle East
3. Shoshana Bekerman, Director Inter-Parliamentary Coalition for Global Ethics
About the Author: Yori Yanover has been a working journalist since age 17, before he enlisted and worked for Ba'Machane Nachal. Since then he has worked for Israel Shelanu, the US supplement of Yedioth, JCN18.com, USAJewish.com, Lubavitch News Service, Arutz 7 (as DJ on the high seas), and the Grand Street News. He has published two fun books: The Cabalist's Daughter: A Novel of Practical Messianic Redemption, and How Would God REALLY Vote.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.