April 16, 2014 / 16 Nisan, 5774
News & Views
Spa 1.2 Combining Modern Living in Traditional Jerusalem

A unique and prestigious residential project in now being built in Mekor Haim Street in Jerusalem.

UK Border Control Gone Berserk? Or Just Anti-Semitic? (VIDEO)UPDATED

The UK border security agent told the British man who was going to provide Cantor with summer work experience that “the little Jew will be on his way back to his rich daddy,” in a matter of hours.

Chip Cantor of Kansas City was detained and deported from a UK airport in May, allegedly because of Israeli stamps in his passport

Photo Credit: screen capture of KMBC interview

Share Button

The Jewish Press will continue to monitor this shocking story.

When reached by telephone, Senator Pat Roberts’ (R-KS) media assistant told The Jewish Press that the Senate staff is working with the Cantor family and is treating the matter as a constituent services issue.

Repeated efforts to reach the British Ambassador to the United States and many British Consul Generals were unsuccessful.

An interview with Chip and his father discussing the incident with a local Kansas City television station, is below:

UPDATE: The following was received from a British Embassy spokesperson:

The Home Office expects the highest levels of integrity and behaviour from all our staff. Any complaints of discrimination will be fully investigated.

Share Button

About the Author: Lori Lowenthal Marcus is the US correspondent for The Jewish Press. She is a recovered lawyer who previously practiced First Amendment law and taught in Philadelphia-area graduate and law schools.

Leave a comment (Select your commenting platform)

78 Responses to “UK Border Control Gone Berserk? Or Just Anti-Semitic? (VIDEO)UPDATED”

1. OMG!! this is horrendous.Why is it not surprising? How sad is THAT?

2. Nanette CohenRayman says:

well, those filthy brits are sitll anti-Semitic,…..but they just love those muslims, don't they?

3. Nanette CohenRayman says:

4. these are cheap third rate people employed as the junior executive officers and if the burka was involved god forbid us all to have any respect but taunts it happened to me going to usa and refuse a vacant seat paid for me but not utalised the captain could not have his way but landing and going through the immigration was hell it is always personal no need wasting time.

A friend emailed me on this story several hours ago, and, frankly, I found myself incredulous reading the articles at the various web sites.

I emailed my pastor (I am a Christian), who subsequently emailed our congregation, urging us to consider a concerted action. This is not a matter of "constituent services" as Sen. Roberts would have it. It is an international incident and why it is being ignored by the Washington Post and the NY Times is difficult to say.

I would urge the editors and readers here to do all they can to publicize this, and demand action by legislators. My wife who is a scheduled speaker at a Brit conference in August is having misgivings and has contacted the sponsor.

6. england is drowning in its own filth. I wouldn't set foot in europa.

7. H Fragman Abramson says:

I keep expecting some detail that could explain why a Brit (who, btw, would be speaking German if not for the US) would treat an American like that. War criminals are treated better…but the Brits, with all their claims to civility, have entire museums dedicated to implements of torture…so we know their real intentions…

8. Bruce Benedon says:

A hope a lawsuit follows this egregious action.

9. Myriam Obadia says:

I don't have much money, but if I can save enough to vacation abroad, it certainly won't be to the UK.

10. Britain has crossed all red lines with its hate for Israel.

11. If you know anyone in Britain send them this story and tell them to investigate…this is outrageous and makes me want to puke with anger…After Nazi Germany Britain has the most Jewish blood on its hands. Britain must invite the man back, pay his airfare and apologize in public for this conduct

12. Menashe Walsh says:

My story begins around 11 years ago in my professional capacity as a senior lecturer in Electronic engineering at a college in a town made famous by The Beatles waxing lyrical about its potholes. As a visibly Jewish guy I suddenly became embroiled in the fallout of the 2nd Intifada and the results of the town being a major Muslim theological center of the United Kingdom. I remember the first incident vividly when I found a poster on the window of my classroom expressing death to the Jews/ Israel and praising the virtues of Hamas. From there on I was subjected to a two year period of daily verbal abuse from crowds of Muslim youths which ended around the time as I was forced to leave my job with threats of physical violence to myself.

Each day of those 2 years began when I got off the train when I had to run the gauntlet of threats and abuse as I walked through the town center to get to the college. The threats and abuse were also when I walked back to the train station to go home, if I decided to go into town for my lunch and when I walked on campus between one college building and another. A tactic I used to try to avoid such abuse was to travel between one college building and another a few minutes after official break-time between classes.

During those 2 years everybody including the students and the teachers knew of my daily plight but never said anything or did anything. It was only when things started to go wrong as a result of my illness with stress and anxiety and subsequent return to work that the college decided to do something about it. What they did was to discipline me for starting classes 5 minutes too late, my explanation for lateness they refused to consider. Then out of the blue I was frog marched out of my office to the principal where I was informed that I was suspended from college. No reason was ever given for my suspension from College and because there was no reason I returned to my job. However, I was not allowed to teach for a number of months. After this time the College became jittery as I once again resumed my teaching responsibilities and was provided with security guards to escort me from class to class. I still had to run the gauntlet to and from the train station, however. At a meeting in college the police offered a community radio to myself which I indicated I was more than happy to receive and use. However, somewhere in the corridors of power of the College it was decided that me having a police radio was not a good idea. No doubt here is yet another example of the the Police and the College doing their bit for “community cohesion” and the promotion of “respect” blah blah……….blah!

In view of my own experience of hatred by Muslims and now that hatred extending itself to Anglos, I can say in these words I told you so long long ago you Anglophiles. Instead you decided to do nothing, took the easy route and hounded me from my job. The question remaining now is; will you Anglophiles wake up, now something more closer to home has happened to you? Do you have the balls of my grandparents generation who run up those beaches in Dunkirk and Normandy (yes one of my grandparents did that) to preserve true freedom from tyranny?

13. Menashe Walsh says:

14. Menashe Walsh says:

15. David Morris says:

The hunters of JEREMIAH -16…..?

Why not post the name of the college? No point in protecting it. Btw, the US is gradually learning of the extent of Brit anti-Jewish racism. The more quickly we learn, the better for all.

17. Lee George says:

Ask Cameron the Prime Minister, Millband the opposition leader, both are Jews so this story is nonsense.

18. All this "brit anti jewish racism" in the comments section. What is the betting that these 'brits' are all pakistani muslims? the town to which Menashe alludes, the islamified 'Blackburn' has had a Jew, Jack Straw as its MP since 1979! a man who as government minister helped flood this country with immigrants, and settled them in 'his' town. Jews complaining about antisemitism in Europe only have themselves to blame.

19. Leeza Walker says:

I am happy you made aliyah Menashe! What a terrifying experience for you. Not to be taken lightly when one understands that 3 people have been beheaded in just the past few months in England.

20. Alan Kardon says:

I will pass on visiting England till they straighten out their Anti Jewish problem. Soon they will be doing this to Christians and then it will be to late. Anyone hear what Barack Hussein has to say about this?

21. Dan Silagi says:

If this is the whole story, and not a case where this lad was going to work in the UK but didn't get a work permit, it's truly a shonda fur de goyim, and Jews and Jewish organizations worldwide, be they secular or religious, need to band together and denounce the UK with a strong, united voice. Our State Department needs to know about this, too.

Even if Chip Cantor didn't have all his papers in order, there was absolutely no excuse for the obvious anti-Semitism that was displayed. This young man deserves an apology from the Home Secretary, at a minimum.

22. I presume u mean Barack Obama, who was here in South Africa last week, and protesters were holding banners with "Burn Obama Burn" whilst waving "palistinian" flags

23. Mark L. Shane says:

it would make a great compulsory watch documentry movie for brits to cackle & gaggle over when they hail their britania's treatment of jews from roman times to the present. they too will reap what they have sewn with their current alien crowd–cheerio britania.

24. THE WHOLE WORLD HAS LOST IT, IF THEY DON'T GET BACK TO GOD THIS WORLD IS DONE PERIOD.

25. All muslims and other antisemites are to be wiped out from british soil.

26. Stan Harder says:

The time is coming when all Jews who want to live will have to make aliyah from Europe. My wife’s family included Schlesingers from Liverpool, we have lost touch, but I wonder how they are doing.

27. Yes post the name of the college and we can send a letter. So sorry something happened like that to you but the Muslims HATE the Jews. I am from Belgium and lots of incidents happens to Jews there. Once they know you are Jewish and now Christians too they will persecute you. I will pray for you and curse the Muslims.I now live in the USA but when i lived in Belgium i carried a big knife in my purse everywhere i went. Hope you found a better job.

28. Gil Gilman says:

talk about licking the windows…

29. Stuart Kaufman says:

Being an American who has lived in NY, and now in the wonderful state of South Carolina, I have experienced ant-semitism only once or twice in my 69 years, and those times were problematic. When I read an account of such bare faced anti-semitism as this, it is shocking and infuriating. My first reaction is to grind my teeth and wish that I could grind my fist into this scumbag's nose. G-d bless the United States. He is well on his way to cursing the UK. Remember Genesis 12:3: I will bless those who bless my people, and those who curse them will I curse. The UK is in the process of getting what it deserves.

Loading Facebook Comments ...
Loading Disqus Comments ...
Blue Valley High School, Overland Park, Kansas, the school attended by 14-year-old shooting victim Reat Griffin Underwood.
Kansas Shooting Suspect a White Supremacist, Indicted for Murder
Latest News Stories
Men who are Kohanim -- members of the priestly caste -- spread their prayer shawls in preparation for the benediction of the Jewish Nation at the Western Wall.

Rabbis have been busy with preparations for the traditional Birkat Kohanim, Priestly Blessing, set for Thursday.

The suspect charged in the pre-Passover shooting deaths of three people outside two Kansas Jewish centers is a known white supremacist.

Hundreds came to the Bangkok Chabad House Passover seder this year.

More than 400 people sat down at the first seder this year at the Chabad House of Bangkok, Thailand.

The following is President Obama’s statement on Passover (April 14, 2014). As he has in the past, the President held an official Passover Seder at the White House. Michelle and I send our warmest greetings to all those celebrating Passover in the United States, in Israel, and around the world. On Tuesday, just as we […]

PM Binyamin Netanyahu blamed Palestinian Authority incitement for the terrorist murder of a police officer on Passover eve.

The officers had signaled to the Arab driver to pull over. He then rammed into them.

The Palestinian terrorist stood by the side of the road at shot at passing cars with an AK-47.

We would like to wish all our readers a wonderful and kosher Pesach holiday.

Kerry reportedly admitted that he had “made a mistake.”

But Israel’s stance is not sufficiently consequential to set off a fight between friends, neoconservative scholars said.

No, it’s not another Haredi protest against the draft, it’s burning the Chametz.

Even the Egyptians didn’t dare do this!

Once again Israel Police closed the Temple Mount to Jews and Christians on the eve of a Jewish holiday, for ‘safety’s sake.’

Israeli and Palestinian Authority negotiators are warning each other over what will happen if each walks away from the negotiating table.

Israel’s Ashkenazi Chief Rabbi David Lau and Israel’s Sephardi Chief Rabbi Yitzhak Yosef and Deputy Finance Minister Mickey Levy sell the Chametz (food containing leavening) of the State of Israel to an Israeli-Arab Israeli, Mr. Jaber, before the upcoming Passover holiday.