Northern New Jersey Federation Leader At Wits End

What’s important now for the Jewish people is that we have to be united and one of the biggest problems we have in northern New Jersey is that we have tremendous diversity, which in a lot of cases is our strength, but right now is becoming our kryptonite, Shlufman contends.

Festival Of Lights

Although there is no halacha against lighting up your home with lights for Chanukah – after all, in Israel they’re used for Succoth and Yom HaAtzmaut – most Jews abroad make the lights of the chanukiah the sole focus of Chanukah.

Warm Spirits and Good Feelings at COJO Flatbush Senior Luncheon

The coming together of generations is what makes the Luncheons really stand out, says COJO Flatbush Social Services Director Shulamis Shapiro.

Family Court System Is Broken, Say Judges And The Public

In 1962, the legislature created the Family Court and the Family Court Act. For the past several months, the idea of repairing the system has meandered through the New York State Bar Association, State Court of Appeals, legislative hearings, and the family court judicial community.

Tzitzit For Tzahal: Standing Strong In Turbulent Times Through Mitzvah Workshops

Upon learning of the soldiers' requests, Rabbi Alevsky wanted to engage the larger Jewish community to participate in the mitzvah, and said, This is how we go to battle, we are spiritually arming our troops.

Jewish Lawyers And Judges Decry Antisemitism, Hamas War

The keynote speaker for the more than two-hour installation event was Henry "Hank" Greenberg, who has been traveling to various locations to talk about the devastation he saw on the ground when he visited Israel just days after the war broke out.

Latest COJO Flatbush Senior Arts Party Offered Double the Usual Fun

The birthday girl was born in Poland in 1923 and came to America as a teenager in 1939, barely escaping Europe before it was too late.

Coffee At The Front (And Long) Lines

Robert Barrack lives a few blocks away, but he heard about it from his daughter. She is married to an Israeli man and lives in Israel now. My daughter sent me the post and I felt I should show my support, he said. I didn’t even want coffee.

Nassau County Leaders Stand Strong For Israel

One month after returning from Israel war broke out with Hamas. [Having been] in Israel before the war began puts this war in a different perspective tremendously, Oyster Bay Town Supervisor Joseph Saladino told The Jewish Press.

New York Officials Urged To Defund Antisemitic Legal Aid Group

Hikind added, If this hate was directed against any other group, things would be happening, But Jews, you know, they get away with it.

As Antisemitism Spreads Across NY, Some Politicians, Academics Fight Back

In New York state, acts of antisemitism are on the rise, and New York’s chief executive has stepped up with a plan to try to quell the hate, which sometimes has led to violence.

Ten Thousand Gather For UJA-Led Rally Near Central Park

It’s the Shloshim that marks the continuing sense of mourning, but a time that people come together to be with each other, to feel a sense of solidarity, one from the other in times of real grief.

Israeli Artists Behind The Global Campaign For Hostage Posters

She said she believes the ripping down of the posters was partly due to reports in many news outlets, including The New York Times, with a headline that an Israeli strike hit a hospital and killed 500 people.

Visiting Israel For The First Time And Encountering War

It was one of the most intense and gripping experiences of my life. It was absolutely worth going, Greenberg said.

Grilling For IDF Goes Into Overdrive

It means the world to the soldiers to witness such a level of caring. They feel the love and achdus from relative strangers, said Goldstein.

The Most Outspoken Republican In The NYC Council? Catching Up with Inna Vernikov

I saw what was happening in our city and country, I decided that I couldn’t sit back anymore, Vernikov told The Jewish Press. As someone who immigrated from a place that wasn’t free, I wanted to be a voice for Jewish people, New Yorkers and Americans.

Hate And Antisemitism In Westchester County

Having multiple incidents every day to which they need to respond is tremendously difficult. Perhaps the most heinous examples of this are assaults.

One View Of The Israel-Hamas War At Its Launch

I’ve been to Israel on numerous occasions where we had sirens and you went into the shelter. It wasn’t like I wasn’t accustomed to it. Was I surprised? Yes. What really started to concern me was the number of rockets they were sending.

State Bar Association Forms Task Force To Fight Hate

We’re going to educate on what antisemitism is. We, as a people, need to be more unified.

Gov. Hochul Joins Jewish Leaders And State Politicians At Israel-Support Event

This is Israeli hubris. Did the Israelis feel they were invincible? Did they feel that Hamas was weak, incapable, lacking courage? That was a mistake.

Andrew Cuomo Vents To Brooklyn-Based Democratic Club

I’ve had a rough couple of years. The expression you hear a lot of is well, if it doesn’t kill you, it makes you stronger.

Hochul Presides At Chief Judge Investiture Among Assorted Jurists

Cardozo is reportedly the first Jewish person to serve on the Court of Appeals and the second Jewish jurist on the U.S. Supreme Court, behind Louis Brandeis.

#EndJewHatred Rally Decries Antisemitism At CUNY

Vernikov, who pulled $50,000 in discretionary funding from CUNY Law, said the hearing exposed pervasive antisemism. She said the hiring of Hill was unacceptable.

Headlines

Latest News Stories

Recommended Today

Sponsored Posts

Printed from: https://www.jewishpress.com/sections/community/south-florida/south-florida-december-15-2023/2023/12/15/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: