web analytics
82.4 F
Jerusalem, Israel
3 Tishri 5778 -
? Saturday, September 23, 2017

Etta Israel Helping Disabled Adults

The plan’s goal is to provide supportive housing to 200 individuals with disabilities by the year 2020.

Torah Blossoms In Las Vegas Desert

Despite being one of the fastest-growing Jewish communities in the U.S. – the estimated Jewish population is 70-80,000 – Las Vegas has long been overlooked by much of the Torah world.

It’s My Opinion: Numbers Can Lie

The goal of the crusade is to demonize and hurt Israel.

RASG Hebrew Academy Wins National NCSY Competition

The JUMP program at Hebrew Academy was generously sponsored by Evelyn and Dr. Shmuel Katz.

Hatzalah Of Miami-Dade Expands Area Of Service

Hatzalah provides care, free of charge, to all in need, regardless of race, gender, religion or ethnicity.

Agunah Protest At Las Vegas Wedding

Los Angeles-born Meir Kin, despite his refusal to grant his wife, Lonna (Presser) Kin, a get, married another woman in Las Vegas last month.

YAYOE Boys’ Choir Performs

Following their musical performance, choir members distributed hamantaschen to and mingled with the residents, thereby strengthening the connection between the generations.

It’s My Opinion: Pikuach Nefesh: Would You Know What to Do?

I gave the Heimlich Maneuver to a choking victim many years ago. My husband and I were dining with friends. Suddenly one of the men got a piece of broccoli stuck in his windpipe. He couldn’t speak. He couldn’t breath. He was desperate.

Chabad of South Broward Celebrates Purim

"We did what the Lubavitcher Rebbe told us to do – we went out of our way to bring the joy of Purim to people who without our efforts would have been forgotten," said Rabbi Raphael Tennenhaus, Chabad's executive vice president.

Rabbi Nathan Katz To Present “The Jews of Cochin”

“The Jews of Cochin” is the title of a presentation Katz will make at 7 p.m. Monday, March 31 at the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU, where he is academic director. The event is free and open to the public.

Miami Children’s Hospital To Host Jewish Genetic Screening

Students, young adults, newlywed couples, and men and women considering becoming parents can be screened for all nineteen genetic diseases at the low cost of $99 for those who have health insurance.

Latest News Stories

Sponsored Post

Recommended Today

Something Random from the Week

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/sections/community/community-currents/community-currents-may-2-2014/2014/04/30/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: