It’s My Opinion: Pogroms

Israel’s neighbors engaged in hostilities from the onset. The War of Independence was a hard-won battle. Aggression and enmity has followed for 66 years.

Special Education Gets Boost In South Florida

The inclusion program, in which children with special needs are in the same class as neurotypical (mainstream) peers, is, says Gansburg, the only Jewish program of its kind in Florida.

Holocaust Documentation & Education Center Holds Contest For Students

The contest will include student-created sculpture, computer graphic design, collage, videography, PowerPoint and painting.

Friendship Circle Of Miami Beach And North-Dade

David, an 8-year-old boy on the autism spectrum, recently attended a Friendship Circle event. As he entered he told his Dad, “I love coming to the FC programs ‘cause everyone loves each other.”

Arizona Chabad Rabbis Commemorate The Rebbe’s 20th Yahrzeit

Chabad of Arizona centers recently hosted an evening of remembrance to mark the 20th yahrzeit of the Lubavitcher Rebbe.

It’s My Opinion: Living Each Day To Its Fullest

It’s ironic that the reality of death is often the greatest force steering the affirmation of life.

Transforming Days Of Sadness Into Days Of Joy

The theme of the event was “Together Let us Rebuild our Holy Beis HaMikdash on Tisha B’Av.”

South Broward Chabad Raising Money To Sponsor Girls From France

Chaya Aydel Seminary has already established a close connection with France’s Jewish community.

Emunah Miami Beach Chapter Holds Siyum

All attendees left with fervent wishes for a swift and lasting peace in Israel.

L.A. Family Donates Tzitzis To IDF

The Feigen family of Los Angeles bequeathed the tzitziot worn by the Israel Defense Forces soldiers.

The Kaplans: A Decade Of Accomplishment At UCLA

Beginning with those Shabbat and holiday meals, the couple gradually expanded into other programming, including a dizzying array of lectures and activities for campus students.

It’s My Opinion: A Trip To Israel

It is inspirational to see the average Israeli acting with aplomb and going about daily routines no matter what is happening.

Hundreds Rally For Israel

Participants wore blue and white, waved Israeli flags, and carried pro-Israel posters.

Miami Children’s Hospital Screens For Jewish Genetic Diseases

To support the Victor Center for Prevention of Jewish Genetic Diseases at Miami Children’s, please call 305-666-2889 or visit www.mchf.org/donate and select the “Victor Center” fund.

SoulMates For Women: Ancient Wisdom For Modern Relationships

The course will be taught once a month for seven consecutive months and is designed for women at all levels of Jewish knowledge.

TCLA Graduation Highlights

“You Touro graduates are automatically soldiers in [Israel’s] struggle, and we count on you,” Rothstein told the graduates.

Headlines

Latest News Stories

Recommended Today

Sponsored Posts

Printed from: https://www.jewishpress.com/sections/community/community-currents/community-currents-september-5-2014/2014/09/03/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: