It’s My Opinion: Pikuach Nefesh: Would You Know What to Do?

I gave the Heimlich Maneuver to a choking victim many years ago. My husband and I were dining with friends. Suddenly one of the men got a piece of broccoli stuck in his windpipe. He couldn’t speak. He couldn’t breath. He was desperate.

Chabad of South Broward Celebrates Purim

"We did what the Lubavitcher Rebbe told us to do – we went out of our way to bring the joy of Purim to people who without our efforts would have been forgotten," said Rabbi Raphael Tennenhaus, Chabad's executive vice president.

Rabbi Nathan Katz To Present “The Jews of Cochin”

“The Jews of Cochin” is the title of a presentation Katz will make at 7 p.m. Monday, March 31 at the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU, where he is academic director. The event is free and open to the public.

Miami Children’s Hospital To Host Jewish Genetic Screening

Students, young adults, newlywed couples, and men and women considering becoming parents can be screened for all nineteen genetic diseases at the low cost of $99 for those who have health insurance.

University Of Central Florida Chabad Holds Shabbat 613

Just one year after completing “Shabbat 500,” Chabad at UCF’s Rabbi Chaim Lipskier and his wife, Rivkie, wanted to increase their goal of attendees to 613. The new number would represent the 613 commandments of the Torah.

Young Israel Of Bal Harbour Hosts EMET Break Fast Program

Mrs. Stern pointed out parallels in the story of Purim and conditions in the world today. Ancient Persia, the setting of the megillah tale, is now, Iran, a country threatening the Jewish state with nuclear annihilation.

It’s My Opinion: Take The Jump

A recent occurrence has put it all into perspective for me.

RASG Hebrew Academy Girls Raise Money For Sharsheret

Under the direction of religious studies teacher Mrs. Sharon Ciment, the girls raised a significant amount for this worthy cause.

Young Israel Of Sunny Isles: Warm Shul In The Florida Sunshine

Shabbos at Young Israel of Sunny Isles is a delight. The beautiful davening and shiurim are followed by a delicious kiddush and seudah shelishit. Yom tovim are times of celebration for the entire community.

Hebrew Academy Students Present Poetry

The performers stood in front of a wall covered with beautiful graphic designs crafted by H.A. students.

Chai Lifeline Southeast’s ‘An Evening For Our Stars’

The extraordinary work of Chai Lifeline Southeast reaches as far north as Maryland and as far west as Texas.

Rabbi Weberman Hosts Law Enforcement Luncheon

Rabbi Weberman is the senior Orthodox rabbi of South Florida. He has been spiritual leader of Ohev Congregation since 1969 and served as president of the Orthodox Rabbinical Council of South Florida since 1979.

It’s My Opinion: Forbidden Fruit

This year Valentine’s Day came out on a Friday. Enterprising Jews were quick to step up to the plate to make the day their own.

Talmudic University Celebrates 40th Anniversary

What began in 1974 as a tiny beis medrash with only ten students has developed into a yeshiva campus that encompasses many buildings spread over a six-mile radius.

South Broward Chabad Shabbaton Featuring Rabbi Manis Friedman

His first book, Doesn’t Anyone Blush Anymore? was highly acclaimed and is now in its fourth printing.

Headlines

Latest News Stories

Recommended Today

Sponsored Posts

Printed from: https://www.jewishpress.com/sections/community/community-currents/community-currents-april-4-2014/2014/04/02/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: