At a Glance
Sections
041114 FINAL
click for
eEdition
Destroying the Chametz Within and Truly Preparing for Pesach
Sponsored Post
Spa 1.2 Combining Modern Living in Traditional Jerusalem

A unique and prestigious residential project in now being built in Mekor Haim Street in Jerusalem.

Community

It’s My Opinion: “Be Careful Of What You Wish For”

Posted on: September 9th, 2009

SectionsCommunity

Ariel Morales' long-time wish came true. The 56-year-old Florida resident purchased a sailboat a few weeks ago. Visions of fun and sun filled his mind.

Aleh: Caring For My Little Grandson And So Many Others

Posted on: September 2nd, 2009

SectionsCommunity

There is a very special place in Jerusalem many people have heard of - but how many really know the magnitude of its work? In fact, Aleh is often confused with another facility with a similar sounding name. But Aleh stands alone in its class. Unlike other places, Aleh accepts children who have no chance of rehabilitation, and all the children receive the same loving care.

It’s My Opinion: Woodstock

Posted on: August 26th, 2009

SectionsCommunity

The infamous Woodstock Music Festival, which took place in the summer of 1969, was a historic counterculture event in America. Over 500,000 hippies and hippie wannabees crowded a 600-acre farm area in Upstate New York for three days.

Three Mikvaot To Open For Physically Challenged In South Florida

SectionsCommunity

Three mikvaot for the physically challenged will open on Sunday, September 6, in Hallandale, Florida. It is the first mikveh project of this nature in Florida. The endeavor provides special ramps, prep rooms, and hydraulic lifts that will make the mikveh experience pleasant and dignified for a significant segment of South Florida's Jewish population.

Three Mikvaot To Open For Physically Challenged In South Florida

SectionsCommunity

Three mikvaot for the physically challenged will open on Sunday, September 6, in Hallandale, Florida. It is the first mikveh project of this nature in Florida. The endeavor provides special ramps, prep rooms, and hydraulic lifts that will make the mikveh experience pleasant and dignified for a significant segment of South Florida's Jewish population.

Beis Hamikdash Model Displayed

Posted on: August 19th, 2009

SectionsCommunity

Recently, Aish HaTorah inaugurated a beautiful and unique model of the Beis Hamikdash in its world headquarters overlooking the Temple Mount and the Western Wall plaza. The model will be on permanent display on the roof of the highly anticipated interactive museum, called the Exploratorium.

Beis Hamikdash Model Displayed

Posted on: August 19th, 2009

SectionsCommunity

Recently, Aish HaTorah inaugurated a beautiful and unique model of the Beis Hamikdash in its world headquarters overlooking the Temple Mount and the Western Wall plaza. The model will be on permanent display on the roof of the highly anticipated interactive museum, called the Exploratorium.

It’s My Opinion: Back To School

Posted on: August 12th, 2009

SectionsCommunity

Summer isalmost over,and in countless homes throughout the country, preparations for the new school year have begun. Shiny new pencil boxes and supplies have been purchased. Hair has been cut and shoes have been shined. Many children are eager to see old friends and familiar classrooms. Traditionally, this time of year has been one of happy anticipation and excitement.

Remembering Gush Katif

Posted on: July 29th, 2009

SectionsCommunity

Tisha B'Av is approaching, and with it, the awe-inspiring and painful memories I felt in when I visited Gush Katif, on a mission with Assemblyman Dov Hikind.

Remembering Gush Katif

Posted on: July 29th, 2009

SectionsCommunity

Tisha B'Av is approaching, and with it, the awe-inspiring and painful memories I felt in when I visited Gush Katif, on a mission with Assemblyman Dov Hikind.

Group Of Iranian Jews Gather For First-Ever Meeting

Posted on: July 22nd, 2009

SectionsCommunity

In the wake of a recent upsurge in violence that swept across Iran following last month's presidential elections, a group of Jews and their descendents from the city of Mashad in Iran's northeast gathered in Jerusalem for the first ever meeting of the Global Mashadi Jewish Federation.

Family Celebrates Upsherin By Picking Potatoes For Israel

Posted on: July 15th, 2009

SectionsCommunity

Twenty-five members of the extended Marks family from Woodmere, New York recently traveled to Israel to celebrate their son Moshe's upsherin. However, this was no ordinary upsherin celebration.

Old-Time Orthodox Shul Celebrates 70th Anniversary

SectionsCommunity

Yes, it is your father's synagogue, and it had just observed its 70th anniversary.

It’s My Opinion: No Vacation From Need

SectionsCommunity

I write about this subject every year at this time. Regrettably, the problem is still here and the message is worth repeating.

A Memorable Visit To A Very Different Hospital

Posted on: July 1st, 2009

SectionsCommunity

As a congregational rabbi, I often see people in hospitals and other health care facilities. While each building may look different, the actual differences are rather minute. It was my privilege recently to visit a hospital that is a definite exception to that rule.

It’s My Opinion: Not A Moment To Waste

Posted on: June 17th, 2009

SectionsCommunity

A wedding was recently celebrated in West Palm Beach, Florida. The groom, 93 year-old Ebenezer Rose married 89 year-old Monica Hayden. The bride wore a sparkling tiara and a big smile. Friends and relatives toasted the happy couple with champagne.

Seminar Sheds Light On Bottled Up Jewish Problem

SectionsCommunity

An all-day conference on body image and eating disorders in the Jewish community took place on Sunday, June 7, in Manhattan. Co-sponsored by the Renfrew Center Foundation and the Orthodox Union's Department of Community Services, the conference boasted a stellar cast of speakers and experts, who spoke urgently of the need to address the growing epidemic of Orthodox Jewish men and women with eating disorders.

Seminar Sheds Light On Bottled Up Jewish Problem

SectionsCommunity

An all-day conference on body image and eating disorders in the Jewish community took place on Sunday, June 7, in Manhattan. Co-sponsored by the Renfrew Center Foundation and the Orthodox Union's Department of Community Services, the conference boasted a stellar cast of speakers and experts, who spoke urgently of the need to address the growing epidemic of Orthodox Jewish men and women with eating disorders.

Charity, Support And Some Hoops

SectionsCommunity

Many organizations and charities hold various events to help raise needed funds to continue their operations. Typical fundraisers include benefit dinners, Chinese auctions, and raffles - all worthy and enjoyable affairs. But few organizations have sponsored an inventive activity such as the one by Migdal Ohr Educational Center, Israel's largest orphanage, founded by Rabbi Yitzchak Grossman. In October 2007, the organization held a basketball game between the New York Knicks and Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv.

Charity, Support And Some Hoops

SectionsCommunity

Many organizations and charities hold various events to help raise needed funds to continue their operations. Typical fundraisers include benefit dinners, Chinese auctions, and raffles - all worthy and enjoyable affairs. But few organizations have sponsored an inventive activity such as the one by Migdal Ohr Educational Center, Israel's largest orphanage, founded by Rabbi Yitzchak Grossman. In October 2007, the organization held a basketball game between the New York Knicks and Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv.

Page 41 of 116« First...102030...3940414243...506070...Last »
Subsections in Sections
  • Arts (447)
  • Movie and Play Reviews (2)
  • Magazine (407)
  • Archives (485)
  • Tributes To Irene Klass (19)
  • Potpourri (282)
  • On Our Own/Cheryl Kupfer (247)
  • Teens and Twenties (132)
  • Glimpses Into American Jewish History (109)
  • For the Home (33)
  • News (27)
  • Back to School (11)
  • The Way We Were: From The Archives (6)
  • Devora Waysman (5)
  • Op-Ed Magazine (4)
  • Extras (3)
  • Books (256)
  • Book Reviews (117)
  • The Bookshelf (1)
  • Tevye in the Promised Land (41)
  • For God's Sake!? (5)
  • Community (215)
  • South Florida (355)
  • Community Currents (179)
  • West Coast Happenings (165)
  • My Machberes (55)
  • The View From The Beis Medrash (19)
  • How You Can Help (17)
  • Rockland County/Northern New Jersey (15)
  • Upcoming Events (15)
  • Queens and Long Island (12)
  • Jewish Community (9)
  • Food (146)
  • Recipes (113)
  • Kosher Food News (77)
  • Jewish Fress (55)
  • Kashrut Scene (49)
  • Restaurant Review (14)
  • From The Wine Cellar (8)
  • Press Releases (1)
  • Health and Living (92)
  • Sports (89)
  • Baseball Insider (89)
  • Jewess Press (89)
  • Feminine Soul (85)
  • Impact Of Women On Jewish History/Prof. L. Jackson (68)
  • Daily Living (45)
  • Travel (72)
  • Features (68)
  • Features On The Jewish World (185)
  • SciTech (42)
  • Electronics Today (28)
  • Business/Finance (35)
  • Family (25)
  • Chronicles of Crises (417)
  • Parenting Our Children (305)
  • Marriage and Relationships (292)
  • The Adventures of Joojoon (275)
  • Battling Addictions (10)
  • Challenging Parenting (7)
  • Aliyah (9)
  • Real Estate (3)
  • Special Features (1)
  • Israel At War: Operation Amud Anan (176)
  • Israel Elections 5773 (132)
  • Olympics 2012 (39)
  • President's Conference 2012 (18)
  • US Elections 2012 (18)
  • Purim (14)
  • The Carter-Cardozo Controversy (10)
  • Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/sections/community/west-coast-happenings/hungarian-ambassador-in-l-a/2013/01/24/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: