web analytics
November 24, 2014 / 2 Kislev, 5775
At a Glance
Sections
112114 FINAL
click for
eEdition
Jacob vs Esau, I Am God’s Chosen, Not You!

Iran Says Nuclear Deal ‘Impossible’ by Nov. 24 Deadline

November 24, 2014 - 4:08 AM

Special Security Activated as Arabs Again Aim at Police

November 24, 2014 - 2:09 AM

Yehuda Glick’s Surgery Successful

November 23, 2014 - 11:53 PM

Israel to Ease Absorption, Employment for Immigrants from France

November 23, 2014 - 11:16 PM

Imam Attacked by Fellow Muslims After Condemning Har Nof Massacre

November 23, 2014 - 6:45 PM

Former DC Mayor Marion Barry, Dead at 78

November 23, 2014 - 6:28 PM

Is Tennessee Teaching Its Children to Hate Jews?

November 23, 2014 - 5:50 PM

New Zealand Anti-Semite Attacks Jewish Toddler

November 23, 2014 - 5:04 PM

Palestinian Authority Caught Crossing White Lines as Well as Red Lines

November 23, 2014 - 4:18 PM

Second Temple Era Military Outpost Discovered, Possibly Destroyed By Alexander the Great

November 23, 2014 - 4:05 PM

Son (Complete Opposite) of I. B. Singer Dead at 85

November 23, 2014 - 3:41 PM

IDF Shoots at Gaza Infiltrators; Hamas Claims One Killed

November 23, 2014 - 3:27 PM

Ex-Senior Justice Official Asks Homeland Security to Ban Abbas from US

November 23, 2014 - 3:06 PM

Police Disinter PA Arabs Sleeping Peacefully in Herzliya Graves

November 23, 2014 - 12:41 PM

Kerry and Netanyahu Update Each Other on Iran

November 23, 2014 - 12:32 PM

Arab Terror Hits Hard at Jerusalem Hotel Occupancy Rate

November 23, 2014 - 11:57 AM

Canadian-Israeli in Coma from Har Nof Massacre

November 23, 2014 - 11:02 AM

Palestinian Authority Claims Settlers Torched Home near Ramallah

November 23, 2014 - 9:52 AM

Hevron Terrorists Try to Burn IDF Soldiers to Death [video]

November 23, 2014 - 9:16 AM

IDF Arrests Terrorist Linked with ISIS

November 23, 2014 - 8:59 AM

Jordanian PM Sends Condolence Letter to Har Nof Terrorists

November 23, 2014 - 12:26 AM

BREAKING: West About to Cave on Key Iranian Demand

November 23, 2014 - 12:05 AM

Druze Memorial Defaced with ISIS Graffiti

November 22, 2014 - 9:41 PM

State Weighing Measures Against Terrorist’s Families

November 22, 2014 - 9:17 PM

Yehudah Glick to Undergo Additional Surgery

November 22, 2014 - 8:35 PM

Following Tunnel Discover, Egypt to Raze More Gaza Border Homes

November 22, 2014 - 6:50 PM

2 Yeshiva Students Injured in Friday Night Terrorist Attack

November 22, 2014 - 6:05 PM
Sponsored Post
IDC Herzliya Campus A Day on Campus

To mark IDC Herzliya’s 20th anniversary, we spent a day following Prof. Uriel Reichman, IDC’s founder and president, and Jonathan Davis, VP for External Relations, around its delightful campus.

Community

Posted on: May 26th, 2010

SectionsCommunity

A special gathering was held recently in Los Angeles celebrating the continued preservation of Kever Rachel.

Posted on: May 17th, 2010

SectionsCommunity

Judaism encourages the concept of gratitude. A Jew is directed to thank G-d for all. There is a blessing to be said upon hearing good news and a blessing to be said when the news is bad. There is a blessing upon seeing exceptional beauty and a blessing to be said when viewing a disaster. There are blessings for weddings and blessings for funerals.

Posted on: May 17th, 2010

SectionsCommunity

Last week, a quiet revolution took place in the Judean Hills outside Jerusalem. One hundred and twenty parents and children from the Former Soviet Union visited Israel for the first time to participate in a groundbreaking mission. The children, ages 12-14, were all prospective students of Lezion B'rina and its sister school Bat Zion, located in Beitar and Jerusalem, respectively. For nearly 20 years, the Lezion B'rina Institute has been a second home for hundreds of Russian Jewish students who have left their birth land to seek a better future in the Jewish homeland.

Posted on: May 5th, 2010

SectionsCommunity

Hollywood Central Elementary is one of the many Florida schools that has had to cut programs and "extras" because of budgetary concerns. The arts department was one of the first programs to be discontinued. Unfortunately, this type of situation is much too typical in these times. Today's economy is responsible for reductions in many schools and institutions.

Posted on: April 28th, 2010

SectionsCommunity

For the third year running, my wife and I had the opportunity to travel from Monsey to review Jin Glatt, a Chinese restaurant on Main Avenue in Passaic, NJ. Given our experiences of the past two years, our expectations were high and we were not disappointed.

SectionsCommunity

For the third year running, my wife and I had the opportunity to travel from Monsey to review Jin Glatt, a Chinese restaurant on Main Avenue in Passaic, NJ. Given our experiences of the past two years, our expectations were high and we were not disappointed.

SectionsCommunity

Events In The West: On May 7-8, Sara Rigler will be the Scholar-in-Residence at Beth Jacob San Diego.   Yeshiva News: Come this fall, L.A. will have another new yeshiva high school. Yeshiva Ohr Chanoch is a Sephardic yeshiva, headed by Rabbis S.A. Shall and Y. Ornstein, and affiliated with Yeshiva Chofetz Chaim.   Kosher […]

Posted on: April 21st, 2010

JudaismColumns

Posted on: April 21st, 2010

SectionsCommunity

Reading through one of our local Jewish newspapers, I was delighted to see a full-page advertisement publicizing a celebration for Yom HaAtzmaut, Israel Independence Day. The 62nd anniversary of the resurgence of the Jewish State is certainly worthy of a party. In fact, after 2,000 years of bloodstained exile, it is an incredible, modern-day wonder.

Posted on: March 24th, 2010

SectionsCommunity

A dreadful event occurred last month at SeaWorld in Orlando, Florida. Animal trainer Dawn Brancheau was killed by an errant whale that pushed her off a platform and dragged her under the water.

SectionsCommunity

The Second Annual Fashion Show and Sale - run by the Weinbaum Yeshiva High School (WYHS), a religious Zionist high school in Boca Raton, Florida - was a grand success. Organized by seniors, Alix Greenberger and Elizabeth Markovitch, the event was run to demonstrate that being fashionable and modest is possible.

SectionsCommunity

What is the Law of Attraction? According to David Steele, the founder of the Relationship Coaching Institute, is simply this: Be the partner that you are seeking. Live your life authentically and consciously, knowing the more you express who you really are, the easier it will be to attract a partner who will love you because of who you are, instead of in spite of it.

SectionsCommunity

What is the Law of Attraction? According to David Steele, the founder of the Relationship Coaching Institute, is simply this: Be the partner that you are seeking. Live your life authentically and consciously, knowing the more you express who you really are, the easier it will be to attract a partner who will love you because of who you are, instead of in spite of it.

Posted on: March 11th, 2010

SectionsCommunity

More than 500 people dedicated a new Torah scroll in the Long Island town of Woodmere, N.Y., last Sunday, a little more than one year after the sudden passing of a nine-year-old sent shock waves through the tight-knit Jewish community.

Posted on: February 24th, 2010

SectionsCommunity

everal weeks ago an 18-foot chunk from the wing of a cargo plane broke off and fell out of the clear blue sky. The plane had been flying overhead en route to the nearby Miami International Airport. The debris crashed in a mall parking lot. Miraculously, there were no casualties.

Posted on: February 24th, 2010

SectionsCommunity

The Chief Rabbi of Israel, the Rishon L'Tzion,Rabbi Shlomo Amar, visited the Chaya Aydel Seminary in Hallandale Beach, on Thursday, January 21. Rabbi Amar spoke about the seminary year and blessed the students and teachers.

Posted on: February 17th, 2010

SectionsCommunity

Those of you who've been reading my postings over the years might remember my strong bonds to Gush Katif, and particularly to Kfar Darom. Every once in a while, for one reason or another, I find myself flipping through photos that I took, prior to its destruction. It is very difficult to view the pictures; my guts begin churning and sometimes it's even worse. The displacement of so many people, the abandonment of our land, and the catastrophic consequences, culminating in 8,000 rockets fired into Israel, the Gaza War, and of course, the present challenges of Goldstone were so totally unnecessary. All of these results were predicted, time and time again, before the expulsion, but were totally ignored by Sharon and Co. It is still beyond comprehension.

SectionsCommunity

Ohel is well known in the New York area for the foster care programming it has been providing for over 40 years, along with its mental health services to individuals and families, and its services to the developmentally disabled through its Bais Ezra programs. Ohel also provides substantial training to professionals, and workshops and seminars to the community at large.

SectionsCommunity

A troubling number of Jews, until recently firmly entrenched in the middle-class of the region's socio-economy, currently find it extremely difficult to simply put food on their tables.

SectionsCommunity

A troubling number of Jews, until recently firmly entrenched in the middle-class of the region's socio-economy, currently find it extremely difficult to simply put food on their tables.

Page 46 of 131« First...102030...4445464748...607080...Last »

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/sections/community/west-coast-happenings/changes-at-aish-tamid/2013/06/13/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: