web analytics
March 29, 2015 / 9 Nisan, 5775
At a Glance
Sections
Community

Posted on: March 30th, 2011

SectionsCommunity

The gala annual dinner for Mosdos Sanz Klausenburg of Union City was held on March 5. The Mesivta Sanz in Union City is a remarkable organization for all to admire and emulate.

Posted on: February 3rd, 2011

SectionsCommunity

On a recent visit to Los Angeles, Rabbi Yehuda Bakst, rosh hayeshiva of Ateres Mordechai of Detroit, delivered a shiur at a reception in his honor. The Kest family hosted the reception.

Posted on: January 19th, 2011

SectionsCommunity

The Los Angeles community recently hosted a weeklong visit by the Tolna Rebbe of Yerushalayim. The Rebbe visited all the main Jewish communities from Pico-Robertson to Hancock Park, and the San Fernando Valley.

Posted on: December 30th, 2010

SectionsCommunity

I'm always in a state of total shock when I view newborns. I'm in awe of the teeny size of their hands and fingers and those incredibly minuscule nails. It's totally astonishing that they are real and complete human beings - and still they can be carried with one hand.

Posted on: December 15th, 2010

SectionsCommunity

Life can be tough. Sometimes we can connect our problems to things we put in place. Sometimes hard times appear to fall inexplicably from the sky. Human nature shapes the desire to have power over our destinies. We want to feel we can avert tragedy by taking yearly medical screenings or crossing at the corner or investing wisely. Unfortunately, it's not quite that simple.

Page 47 of 142« First...102030...4546474849...607080...Last »

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/sections/community/west-coast-happenings/yom-kippur-in-colorado/2013/10/02/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: