Rabbi Muschel A Hero

The Jewish Federation of Rockland County recently ran a contest to elect a Rockland Jewish hero. Rabbi Muschel without question had my vote hands down.

Discovering Hope In New Orleans

This summer 17 Yeshiva University students participated in the Center for the Jewish Future's New Orleans Service Mission. As part of the mission students had the opportunity to engage members of the community ravaged by Hurricane Katrina just five years ago learn about their current challenges and help rebuild.

Rep. Engel In L.A.

The Los Angeles Jewish community recently welcomed Rep. Eliot Engel (D-NY), a strong supporter and vocal advocate for a strong U.S.-Israel alliance.   Engel was hosted...

Rep. Engel In L.A.

The Los Angeles Jewish community recently welcomed Rep. Eliot Engel (D-NY), a strong supporter and vocal advocate for a strong U.S.-Israel alliance.   Engel was hosted...

An Eruv “Grows” in Ann Arbor, Michigan

The Ann Arbor community welcomed a brand new Eruv with open arms-which will soon be pushing strollers to shul, just in time for the delightful summer weather. The Eruv envelopes much of the community surrounding the University of Michigan Hillel Orthodox Minyan neighborhood, and parts of student campus housing.

Bonei Olam In L.A.

Zvi and Lila Eilat recently opened their L.A. home for a reception on behalf of Bonei Olam, which has been in the forefront of responding to the needs of Jewish couples requiring assistance with fertility problems and their associated costs.

Bonei Olam In L.A.

Zvi and Lila Eilat recently opened their L.A. home for a reception on behalf of Bonei Olam, which has been in the forefront of responding to the needs of Jewish couples requiring assistance with fertility problems and their associated costs.

See You On Shabbos

The idea of SeeYouOnShabbos.com popped into Rabbi Benzion Klatzko's head one morning. Wouldn't it be wonderful, he thought, if a website could be created that would allow Jews from all over the world to find a host or invite guests for Shabbos? He knew that there needed to be a concerted effort to connect individuals and families.

See You On Shabbos

The idea of SeeYouOnShabbos.com popped into Rabbi Benzion Klatzko's head one morning. Wouldn't it be wonderful, he thought, if a website could be created that would allow Jews from all over the world to find a host or invite guests for Shabbos? He knew that there needed to be a concerted effort to connect individuals and families.

L.A. Reception For Zion Orphanage

A reception was held recently in the home of Rafi and Esther Katz for The Zion Orphanage Jerusalem. Once again the L.A. community responded with concern and support for this century-old institution that has created a home and hope for hundreds of children who had neither.

L.A. Reception For Zion Orphanage

A reception was held recently in the home of Rafi and Esther Katz for The Zion Orphanage Jerusalem. Once again the L.A. community responded with concern and support for this century-old institution that has created a home and hope for hundreds of children who had neither.

Ashrecha Yisroel

Rav Yerucham Levovitz asks the following question: Who is happier, the Jew with his religious obligations or the nations of the world? His answer is that beyond a doubt the Jew is happier. Rav Yerucham is not talking about the next world. He is discussing happiness in this world. What does he mean?

Ashrecha Yisroel

Rav Yerucham Levovitz asks the following question: Who is happier, the Jew with his religious obligations or the nations of the world? His answer is that beyond a doubt the Jew is happier. Rav Yerucham is not talking about the next world. He is discussing happiness in this world. What does he mean?

A Mitzvah In 30 Minutes

Founded in 1977, Tomchei Shabbos of L.A. has been providing essential Shabbos food packages to thousands of needy Jewish families in the Los Angeles community.

A Mitzvah In 30 Minutes

Founded in 1977, Tomchei Shabbos of L.A. has been providing essential Shabbos food packages to thousands of needy Jewish families in the Los Angeles community.

Kever Rachel Fund Reception

A special gathering was held recently in Los Angeles celebrating the continued preservation of Kever Rachel.

Kever Rachel Fund Reception

A special gathering was held recently in Los Angeles celebrating the continued preservation of Kever Rachel.

Out Of The Former USSR: A Yeshiva Brings Students To Israel And To Religion

Last week, a quiet revolution took place in the Judean Hills outside Jerusalem. One hundred and twenty parents and children from the Former Soviet Union visited Israel for the first time to participate in a groundbreaking mission. The children, ages 12-14, were all prospective students of Lezion B'rina and its sister school Bat Zion, located in Beitar and Jerusalem, respectively. For nearly 20 years, the Lezion B'rina Institute has been a second home for hundreds of Russian Jewish students who have left their birth land to seek a better future in the Jewish homeland.

Return To Jin Glatt

For the third year running, my wife and I had the opportunity to travel from Monsey to review Jin Glatt, a Chinese restaurant on Main Avenue in Passaic, NJ. Given our experiences of the past two years, our expectations were high and we were not disappointed.

Return To Jin Glatt

For the third year running, my wife and I had the opportunity to travel from Monsey to review Jin Glatt, a Chinese restaurant on Main Avenue in Passaic, NJ. Given our experiences of the past two years, our expectations were high and we were not disappointed.

Events In The West

Events In The West: On May 7-8, Sara Rigler will be the Scholar-in-Residence at Beth Jacob San Diego.   Yeshiva News: Come this fall, L.A. will...

WYHS Fashion Show

The Second Annual Fashion Show and Sale - run by the Weinbaum Yeshiva High School (WYHS), a religious Zionist high school in Boca Raton, Florida - was a grand success. Organized by seniors, Alix Greenberger and Elizabeth Markovitch, the event was run to demonstrate that being fashionable and modest is possible.

How To Use The Law Of Attraction To Work For You

What is the Law of Attraction? According to David Steele, the founder of the Relationship Coaching Institute, is simply this: Be the partner that you are seeking. Live your life authentically and consciously, knowing the more you express who you really are, the easier it will be to attract a partner who will love you because of who you are, instead of in spite of it.

How To Use The Law Of Attraction To Work For You

What is the Law of Attraction? According to David Steele, the founder of the Relationship Coaching Institute, is simply this: Be the partner that you are seeking. Live your life authentically and consciously, knowing the more you express who you really are, the easier it will be to attract a partner who will love you because of who you are, instead of in spite of it.

L.I. Community Dedicates Torah In Memory Of Young Boy

More than 500 people dedicated a new Torah scroll in the Long Island town of Woodmere, N.Y., last Sunday, a little more than one year after the sudden passing of a nine-year-old sent shock waves through the tight-knit Jewish community.

Israeli Chief Rabbi Visits Girls Seminary

The Chief Rabbi of Israel, the Rishon L'Tzion,Rabbi Shlomo Amar, visited the Chaya Aydel Seminary in Hallandale Beach, on Thursday, January 21. Rabbi Amar spoke about the seminary year and blessed the students and teachers.

Transformation of Ruins: A Gush Katif Wedding

Those of you who've been reading my postings over the years might remember my strong bonds to Gush Katif, and particularly to Kfar Darom. Every once in a while, for one reason or another, I find myself flipping through photos that I took, prior to its destruction. It is very difficult to view the pictures; my guts begin churning and sometimes it's even worse. The displacement of so many people, the abandonment of our land, and the catastrophic consequences, culminating in 8,000 rockets fired into Israel, the Gaza War, and of course, the present challenges of Goldstone were so totally unnecessary. All of these results were predicted, time and time again, before the expulsion, but were totally ignored by Sharon and Co. It is still beyond comprehension.

The Rabbi As First Responder

Ohel is well known in the New York area for the foster care programming it has been providing for over 40 years, along with its mental health services to individuals and families, and its services to the developmentally disabled through its Bais Ezra programs. Ohel also provides substantial training to professionals, and workshops and seminars to the community at large.

A Kosher Pantry Expands In Brooklyn

A troubling number of Jews, until recently firmly entrenched in the middle-class of the region's socio-economy, currently find it extremely difficult to simply put food on their tables.

Headlines

Latest News Stories

Recommended Today

Sponsored Posts

Printed from: https://www.jewishpress.com/sections/community/rabbi-muschel-a-hero-2/2010/07/21/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: