August 5, 2015 / 20 Av, 5775
Sections

13 Things to Know About Dating the Second Time Around

Marriage-Relationship-logo

I’ve also learned that you attract who you are, so it’s important to create the life that you want someone to join. I can only hope that we will look back on this time, hopefully soon, and know that it was all worth it.

My fellow dating warriors, may you be blessed with awareness, openness, and perseverance.  Know that I’m here to support you.

About the Author: Alanna Fine lives in LA where she's completing her MSW. She looks forward to no longer having the expertise to write dating articles. Alanna can be reached at 2ndtimearound4me@gmail.com.

8 Responses to “13 Things to Know About Dating the Second Time Around”

1. Great article..im sure this will be helpful to many

2. Sarah Rivka Zulauf says:

Great focus and decisiveness, very helpful article. Alanna Fine you are a beacon of light, love these tips.

3. Sarah Rivka Zulauf says:

4. Gary Pickholz says:

What a depressing perspective.

Those who suffer from addictions et al do so as a result of a powerful spiritual void that is filled with a counterfeit experience. Where there is a strong guided spiritual program toward complete/good thsuva the powerful drive of the addict (or other dysfunction) can powerfully good. Such a person is in potential a great Rabbi, Rebbetsin or Tzadik, and an ideal spouse.
    writenut-

6. Rivka Gornall Leiner says:

Glad I did not see this before remarrying. Much of what she says is common sense but she portrays dysfunction as normal. Plus I don't trust anyone who suggests web datin g or meat market, ego destroying events for any but those who use them regularly – the most desparate. Those who stick to good friends and shadchanim get married so much faster than those in the meat market.

7. Pinchos Woolstone says:

some salient points, other of little substance

Grafitti on the walls of the Church of the Multiplication at Tabgha, on the Sea of Galilee, in northern Israel, which was set on fire in June 2015.
6 Months’ Jail Without Trial for Jewish Teen Linked to Church Arson
Latest Sections Stories
South-Florida-logo

An impressive group of counselors and staff members are providing the boys and girls with a summer of fun and Torah learning and a lifetime of wonderful memories.

South-Florida-logo

Rabbi Sam Intrator recently led a summer program in Williams Island, located in Aventura. The event focused on how to find spiritual joy in Judaism. The rabbi cited biblical and Talmudic teachings, ancient Temple rituals, and the words of prayers to establish the role that love and positive thinking have in Torah values. Rabbi Intrator […]

South-Florida-logo

The Iranian deal was sealed on July 14, four and a half months after Netanyahu’s visit. The details of the agreement were shocking and worse than anyone had imagined.

There are so many toys available for newborn to age 5, but how do you choose?

In 1939, with life getting harder for Jews, she and several friends decided it was time to make aliyah, and applied at the Palestina Amt for permits.

I am not sure how many of you readers have had this experience, but I did and it truly tested the limits of my sanity!

Aside from my own 485-page tome on the subject, Red Army, I think Jamie Glazov did an excellent job at framing things in United in Hate: The Left’s Romance with Tyranny and Terror.

We studied his seforim together, we listened to famous cantorial masters and we spoke of his illustrious yichus, his pedigree, dating back to the famous commentator, Rashi.

Jews who were considered, but not ultimately selected, include Woody Allen, Saul Bellow, David Ben-Gurion, Marc Chagall, Anne Frank, and Barbra Streisand.