First Aid Relationship Tips
* Highlight positive aspects of his physical, mental, and emotional development, such as the way he looks, express thoughts and feelings, the skills he has or is developing.
* Focus on accomplishments. Congratulate her for achievements, however big or small. Remind her daily of the things she has done well or courage she has shown.
* Help him to be realistic and accept the fact that, while he isn’t perfect at everything, he doesn’t have to be.
* Teach her to laugh at past disappointments when she can. Use setbacks as opportunities for insight and growth.
* Help him develop a support system of people they trust who will listen when he needs to talk.
As the level of self esteem improves, many couples find their ability to have a successful marriage is greatly enhanced.
Relationship Test: Self Esteem
Do you take time to develop your spouse’s self esteem?
1 2 3 4 5
About the Author: Rabbi Daniel Schonbuch, MA, LMFT is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. He is an expert in marriage counseling, pre-marital education, treating Anxiety and Depression, and helping teens in crisis with offices in Brooklyn. To watch his free videos on marriage and parenting and for appointments visit: www.JewishMarriageSupport.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 646-428-4723.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.