* Aunt Gussies Cookies and Crackers (Star K, parve and dairy – Star D symbol). This is the most delicious line of cookies we have ever tried. For over three years, the sugar-free chocolate chip biscotti have been a family favorite in our home. They are one point on Weight Watchers and taste great. Treat yourself to a biscotti with a cup of coffee or hot cocoa and you will feel pampered without leaving your home. They also make incredible crackers available in “everything” and garlic. They are more than just your average cracker – they have a long oval shape, and with a smear of cream cheese they are a delight. Aunt Gussie also makes pecan meltaways and chocolate chip cookies that are delicious. The entire line can be found in your local kosher grocery.
* Dr. Lankin’s Awesome Almonds (Dr. Lankin’s Specialty Foods, KSA dairy). How to explain this delightful treat? I can tell you that they are lightly-sweetened almonds with an awesome crunch, but that doesn’t tell the whole story. These are delicious roasted almonds covered in three great flavors. Cocoa java is a mixture of coffee and chocolate, cinnamon vanilla and orange vanilla. They come in the most adorable cone shaped bags and stay
fresh for quite some time after being opened. They are made with 100% all-natural ingredients and would make a great product for a school or organizational fundraiser. Dr. Lankin’s products can be found on the web at www.awesomealmonds.com.
* Duo Delights (Mille Lacs Gourmet Foods, OU, OK parve and dairy). This is an amazing catalog company that produces its own candy and chocolate and also has a wonderful gift basket line. Let’s start with Duo Delights. We had the opportunity to sample Luxureez, which is creamy white chocolate with natural flavors. What kind of flavors? We enjoyed peppermint – with the small red and green bits of mint giving the chocolate a very festive look. We enjoyed lemon – just a hint of the lemony flavor made the chocolate taste unique and different. They have a whole line of flavors available in adorable bags and cans.
For the gift baskets from Mille Lacs we sampled their Kosher Sterling Gift basket. It included salmon, crackers, chocolate and cookies beautifully arranged in a metal wire basket. Everything was fresh and delicious. For more information or to place an order visit their website at www.duodelights.com
* Landau Natural Foods (Lantev Distributing Corp, OU Volver Rav, parve). Landau’s line of potato poppers and soy chips are so yummy, you’ll never believe that what you are eating is healthy. The poppers come in Sweet BBQ – which tastes exactly as it sounds; Onion Garlic – not overwhelming at all, and Plain – but not bland. The soy chips come in A Touch of Salt, BBQ and Apple Cinnamon. With 90% less fat than potato chips in the poppers and 6.5
grams of soy in the chips, about the only complaint I have is that everything is so good, you lose track of how much you are eating and before you know it, the bag is empty. All of Landau’s products are available in your local kosher grocery or the healthy snack aisle of
your local supermarket.
* Claudia’s Kitchen (Star K, dairy (Star D symbol)). Sometime in August a huge box was
delivered to the office. When we opened it, we were amazed to see incredible basket filled with cake and cookies. Claudia’s Kitchen produces a delectable array of cakes and cookies – all hand-made, all natural ingredient, all with great taste. Raspberry squares that were not overly sweet, had a touch of coconut and character. Brownies that were melt in your mouth
delicious. Mini bundt cakes delight the taste buds and please the eye, and a hot fudge pie overwhelms the senses. Claudia’s Kitchen will send your products in multiple design tins, lovely trays or great baskets. They are reasonably priced and can be found on the
web at www.claudiaskitchen.com.
About the Author: Magazine Editor, The Jewish Press
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.