To mark IDC Herzliya’s 20th anniversary, we spent a day following Prof. Uriel Reichman, IDC’s founder and president, and Jonathan Davis, VP for External Relations, around its delightful campus.
* Aunt Gussies Cookies and Crackers (Star K, parve and dairy – Star D symbol). This is the most delicious line of cookies we have ever tried. For over three years, the sugar-free chocolate chip biscotti have been a family favorite in our home. They are one point on Weight Watchers and taste great. Treat yourself to a biscotti with a cup of coffee or hot cocoa and you will feel pampered without leaving your home. They also make incredible crackers available in “everything” and garlic. They are more than just your average cracker – they have a long oval shape, and with a smear of cream cheese they are a delight. Aunt Gussie also makes pecan meltaways and chocolate chip cookies that are delicious. The entire line can be found in your local kosher grocery.
* Dr. Lankin’s Awesome Almonds (Dr. Lankin’s Specialty Foods, KSA dairy). How to explain this delightful treat? I can tell you that they are lightly-sweetened almonds with an awesome crunch, but that doesn’t tell the whole story. These are delicious roasted almonds covered in three great flavors. Cocoa java is a mixture of coffee and chocolate, cinnamon vanilla and orange vanilla. They come in the most adorable cone shaped bags and stay
fresh for quite some time after being opened. They are made with 100% all-natural ingredients and would make a great product for a school or organizational fundraiser. Dr. Lankin’s products can be found on the web at www.awesomealmonds.com.
* Duo Delights (Mille Lacs Gourmet Foods, OU, OK parve and dairy). This is an amazing catalog company that produces its own candy and chocolate and also has a wonderful gift basket line. Let’s start with Duo Delights. We had the opportunity to sample Luxureez, which is creamy white chocolate with natural flavors. What kind of flavors? We enjoyed peppermint – with the small red and green bits of mint giving the chocolate a very festive look. We enjoyed lemon – just a hint of the lemony flavor made the chocolate taste unique and different. They have a whole line of flavors available in adorable bags and cans.
For the gift baskets from Mille Lacs we sampled their Kosher Sterling Gift basket. It included salmon, crackers, chocolate and cookies beautifully arranged in a metal wire basket. Everything was fresh and delicious. For more information or to place an order visit their website at www.duodelights.com
* Landau Natural Foods (Lantev Distributing Corp, OU Volver Rav, parve). Landau’s line of potato poppers and soy chips are so yummy, you’ll never believe that what you are eating is healthy. The poppers come in Sweet BBQ – which tastes exactly as it sounds; Onion Garlic – not overwhelming at all, and Plain – but not bland. The soy chips come in A Touch of Salt, BBQ and Apple Cinnamon. With 90% less fat than potato chips in the poppers and 6.5
grams of soy in the chips, about the only complaint I have is that everything is so good, you lose track of how much you are eating and before you know it, the bag is empty. All of Landau’s products are available in your local kosher grocery or the healthy snack aisle of
your local supermarket.
* Claudia’s Kitchen (Star K, dairy (Star D symbol)). Sometime in August a huge box was
delivered to the office. When we opened it, we were amazed to see incredible basket filled with cake and cookies. Claudia’s Kitchen produces a delectable array of cakes and cookies – all hand-made, all natural ingredient, all with great taste. Raspberry squares that were not overly sweet, had a touch of coconut and character. Brownies that were melt in your mouth
delicious. Mini bundt cakes delight the taste buds and please the eye, and a hot fudge pie overwhelms the senses. Claudia’s Kitchen will send your products in multiple design tins, lovely trays or great baskets. They are reasonably priced and can be found on the
web at www.claudiaskitchen.com.
About the Author: Magazine Editor, The Jewish Press
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Comments are closed.
Not as well known, however, is Keller’s involvement with Jewish and Israeli communities.
This core idea of memory is very difficult to fully comprehend; however, it is essential.
Sometimes the most powerful countermove one can make when a person is screaming is to calmly say that her behavior is not helpful and then continue interacting with the rest of the family while ignoring the enraged person.
“Two nations are in your womb, and two peoples shall divide within you.”
Divorce from a vindictive, cruel spouse can be a lifelong nightmare when there are offspring.
There were many French Jews who jumped at the chance to shed their ancient identity and assimilate.
As Rabbi Shemtov stood on the stage and looked out at the attendees, he told them that “Rather than take photos with your cellphones, take a mental photo and keep this Shabbat in your mind and take it with you throughout your life.”
Yeshiva v’Kollel Bais Moshe Chaim will be holding a grand celebration on the occasion of the institution’s 40th anniversary on Sunday evening, December 7. Alumni, students, friends and faculty of the yeshiva, also known as Talmudic University of Florida, will celebrate the achievement and vision of its founders and the spiritual guidance of its educational […]
The yeshiva night accommodates all levels of Jewish education.
Recently, Fort Lauderdale has been the focus of international news, and it has not been about the wonderful weather.
August 1937, Cheyenne Wyoming – Sally Levin, an Orthodox Jewish teenager has been diagnosed with Schizophrenia and her family is preparing to institutionalize her.
The first few post-Pesach days are filled with the hurried rush to consume as much “chometz” as possible – and then the weight concerns begin. For some, the gut reaction (pun intended) is to stop eating – never a good idea. We all know that the best way to lose those extra pounds is by focusing on eating healthy.
WORLD CHEESE COMPANY AND MILLER’S CHEESE CORP. IN VOLUNTARY RECALL OF SHREDDED CHEESE DESPITE TESTING NEGATIVE World Cheese Company, producer of Haolam cholov yisrael cheese products, and Miller’s Cheese Corp. have issued a voluntary recall on a limited amount of shredded cheese packaged in a Wisconsin plant. The Voluntary Recall was requested by the […]
Is there a more perfect way to end your day then with a bowl of soup? They soup is comfort food – even during the summer months. So, how about sharing soup with a group of friends? That’s the idea behind a “soup soiree”. Click here for recipes and tips. Visiting Chicago or want to send […]
For those of you looking for a great place to eat in New Jersey, look no further than Fumio, a steak and sushi house in Livingston. From all I have read they have a great selection of meat and fish dishes, plus great desserts. They are under the supervision of the Vaad Harabonim of MetroWest.
Ever wonder if baking fortune cookies is halchically permitted? I never thought about it, but really how do you know if the ink is kosher? Well, according to HaRav Aviner, it is okay. The Kosher Chef blog has a recipe for low-fat blueberry cobbler that sounds good enough to make us cheat on our diets, while […]
If you love cheese, take a look at this deal on Parmigiano-Regginao cheese from igourmet. This one-pound block is made in Italy and kosher for Pesach and all year round. The green edition of the Kosher Cooking Carnival can be found by clicking here. Add raisins to the list of foods that have become problematic. According to […]
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/sections/food/kashrut-scene/snacks/2003/12/24/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: