Latest update: February 22nd, 2013
Chanukah is definitely a holiday of lights, but not of light cooking. Here is the fifth in a series of Chanukah dishes from different Jewish communities from around the world:
Persian Surprise – Sohan
150 g sugar
150 g almonds
150 g honey
50 g melted butter
How to prepare:
1. Soak almonds in warm water for 30 minutes
2. Peel the almonds and cut in half in the middle. Cut the almonds julienne. Set aside some of the almonds for garnish later
3. Mix sugar, butter and honey in a small pot and put on low flame
4. Mix in cut almonds and mix until golden
5. Pour a spoon full of the mixture on an aluminum dish, if it hardens quickly, the mixture is ready and you may remove from fire.
6. With a spoon pass the mixture in to little forms that will not melt
7. Add extra almonds for garnish
About the Author: Since 2007, Asparagus Catering and Private Chef Services has been the leader in the Kosher creative cuisine around the world. Capitol style and competitive pricing. Our Event Design Team can assist you with every aspect of your event to ensure it is a smashing success. We take care of all the details, from preparation to clean up. Our prices are disclosed up front in your event contract, and we do not impose hidden charges. Our team of highly qualified professionals will make any event a pleasure. From weddings to cocktail parties, Private chef on holidays, or anything Kosher in between, Asparagus Catering is your best choice.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.