web analytics
June 27, 2016 / 21 Sivan, 5776

Posts Tagged ‘Arabs’

Shabak Arrests Jews for Attacks on Arabs

Wednesday, April 20th, 2016

by Michael Bachner

The Shabak on Wednesday released a statement that it has arrested members of a so called “Jewish terror cell,” including at least six individuals who carried out attacks against Arabs during the second half of 2015.

It should be noted that several thousand Arabs were involved in various levels of attacks on Jews at the same time period.

All the alleged attacks took place in the Talmonim bloc, northwest of Ramallah. Most of the suspects are residents of the community of Nahliel.

The Shabak statement said that the suspects confessed to the allegations and that reenactments of the incidents “revealed an extremist violent organization that was fully aware of the possibility that their acts may have killed people. The arrests prevented further attacks.”

The Honenu legal aid society issued a response saying the suspects have not been allowed to meet with an attorney for more than ten days and that they may have given false confessions.

“Most of the offenses discussed in this case did not involve casualties and are no more than quarrels [between neighbors],” responded attorney Aaron Rosa, who is representing some of the suspects. “This system of preventing a suspect from meeting with his lawyer in every security-related investigation is wrong. This may result in false confessions and is a disaster for democracy.”

The Shabak claimed that the “cell” was responsible for an attack in November, 2015, in which firebombs were thrown into a Palestinian family’s home in the village of al-Mazraa al-Qabaliya. The firebomb hit a window without entering the building and did not result in casualties. The phrases “death to Arabs” and “revenge” were sprayed in Hebrew graffiti on the building.

According to the Shabak, the cell also attacked the village of Beitillu in December, 2015. Smoke bombs were thrown into a house inside which a family was sleeping. Hebrew graffiti, including the Hebrew word for “revenge” (Nekama) was sprayed on the building. No one was injured.

Additionally, the “cell” allegedly set fire to several Arab owned cars and attacked a farmer with sticks and tear gas.

The suspects are Itamar Ben Aharon, 20, Michael Kaplan, 22, Pinhas Shandorfi, 19, who is a soldier, and two minors. They face indictment in the coming days.

The Tazpit News Agency

Arab ‘Gold Rush’ in Jerusalem

Wednesday, November 25th, 2015

Israeli soldiers discovered approximately NIS 2 million worth of gold bullion hidden within the side door of a car from eastern Jerusalem when the driver, an Arab with Israeli identification, arrived at the Derech Avot (Patriarchs’ Way) tunnels checkpoint this week.

The driver, who identified himself as an interior designer, told the soldiers that the gold — wrapped in five packages, each containing five individual 1.5 kg gold bars — belonged to him, and he was bringing it in his private Ford from Hebron to Jerusalem.

Since the man’s ID had checked out, and nothing else was found, the soldiers turned the matter over to Israeli customs authorities, who continued the questioning.

Customs officials requested the routine paperwork that generally accompanies gold bars in such amounts. At that point, it became clear there was no documentation, no accounting to back up the claims and no taxes having been paid on the massive sum involved.

At that point, the “interior designer “changed his story and said instead that he was taking the gold to Ramallah (not Jerusalem) from Hebron as a middleman between those who work in the jewelry trade.

Customs workers at the Israel Tax Authority seized the gold bars since there was no accounting paperwork to back up the claims.

The investigation is continuing, authorities said.

Hana Levi Julian

Islamists Previously Threatened Le Bataclan in Paris

Tuesday, November 17th, 2015

Le Bataclan was one of the locations in Paris that was attacked on Friday.

An Islamic made video from 2008 has emerged. It shows masked Islamists threatening to attack to the Jewish-owned cafe.

Video of the Day

3 Arab Suspects Arrested in Hebron

Friday, November 13th, 2015

Three Arab suspects were arrested Thursday night in Hebron by Israeli security personnel.

The suspects are being held for questioning, according to security sources.

Their identities were not revealed, nor was there any further information about the charges against them.

Hana Levi Julian

Russia Sends Security Personnel to Review Egypt Airports

Monday, November 9th, 2015

Russian personnel have been sent to review security measures at the Egyptian airport in Sharm el-Sheikh, as well as in Cairo and elsewhere in the country in the wake of the recent MetroJet crash in the Sinai Peninsula.

As did Britain, Russia has followed with a suspension on travel to and from the Sinai Peninsula — a move that could easily constitute the death knell for the slowly rejuvenating Egyptian tourism industry. At least 20,000 UK citizens are stranded in the resort town of Sharm el-Sheikh, but there are a whopping 50,000 Russian citizens also in the area, according to estimated foreign ministry and tourism figures.

In St. Petersburg on Sunday, the bells tolled 224 times, once for each of the victims who died in the crash of the MetroJet in Sinai a week ago this past Saturday.

The black boxes on the doomed plane — in particular, the damaged cockpit voice recorder — were both recovered from the 13-kilometer (nine mile) crash site. And although it will take time to completely extract all the information they contain, experts so far have been able to learn there was a loud bang just before all sound cut off in the aircraft.

Prior to that “bang” all function on the plane was proceeding normally, or at least seemed to be, with the navigation system on autopilot. The jet reached a cruising elevation of 32,000 feet at 23 minutes before it began to fall from the sky — another indication that whatever happened may not have been caused by human error or mechanical failure.

Russian officials as well as citizens are becoming increasingly concerned by the growing realization that it was indeed likely that a bomb brought down the passenger flight from Sharm el-Sheikh to St. Petersburg. The remains of only a fraction of the passengers — some 58 — have been identified thus far.

The Da’esh (ISIS) terror organization almost immediately claimed responsibility for the crash, saying it was carried out in response to Russia’s presence and attacks on Muslim fighters in Syria.

A local source with whom JewishPress.com spoke in London on Monday described a conversation with a business colleague from Moscow, saying he was “heartbroken — just completely heartbroken by it all. He can barely speak.” According to the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, the conversation was typical of others that had been repeated over the past week. “Nearly everyone is still in shock,” said the source. “They are all moving through fog; no one can believe it. No one is used to thinking about terrorism this way.”

That, in fact is the crux of the matter, pointed out a journalist on the CNN network. The idea that Da’esh , a real wild card, has now become so powerful that it is capable of bringing down foreign aircraft as they fly over the Sinai Peninsula with hundreds of innocent passengers is “simply frightening,” the news network said.

Given the risk in the region posed by ISIS, Iran and the escalation in terrorism by Palestinian Authority attacks on civilians, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu appears set to request an upgraded military aid package of at least $5 billion to help defend Israel against the threats it is being forced to contend with, now and in future years.

 

 

Hana Levi Julian

8 Overnight Arab Terror Attacks on Israeli Motorists

Friday, November 6th, 2015

In eight separate cases overnight Thursday night Israeli motorists found themselves with flying rocks and flaming bottle bombs smashing into their cars — sometimes directly at their windshields.

Arab terrorists carried out at least eight such attacks in different locations in the early hours of Friday morning in Judea, Samaria and Jerusalem.

Attackers hurled firebombs along southern areas of Highway 60 in Judea. Arab terrorists hurled rocks and firebombs at motorists who drove past the villages of El Aroub, Tubas, Ein Yabrud and Kfar Na’ama.

IDF soldiers searched the area for the perpetrators after several vehicles reported the attacks, and eventually found some of the weapons.

The forces discovered a stockpile of firebombs (Molotov cocktails) and rocks squirreled away for use as ammunition in attacks against Israeli motorists.

Attacks were also reported at the Mount of Olives and the City of David in Jerusalem, and near the Samaria Arab city of Tulkarm as well.

No information was released about damage to property or injuries to travelers.

Jewish Press News Briefs

PLO Official Saeb Erekat Threatens to Yank Recognition of Israel

Thursday, November 5th, 2015

PLO executive committee chairman Saeb Erekat threatened Thursday that he “would not rule out the possibility the Palestine Liberation Organization might withdraw its recognition of Israel,” according to a report published in Al Quds al Arabi.

There is nothing new about this announcement, other than the bald-faced announcement itself. The PLO “recognized” Israel in 1988, accepted United Nations Security Council Resolution 242 and supposedly renounced terrorism after the United States twisted the arm of PLO chairman Yasser Arafat.

But in fact, the Palestinian Authority government that has operated under the aegis of the PLO always supported terror under the Arafat administration. It subsequently supported terror under the administration of Mahmoud Abbas as well, as documented and translated by the media watchdog organization, Palestinian Media Watch (PMW).

Last month Abbas awarded the entity’s Order of Merit for Culture, Sciences an Arts to the cartoonist at the Al-Ayyam daily newspaper who has been glorifying terrorist stone-throwing attacks on Israeli motorists.

The Yasser Arafat Youth Center in Jenin this month named a football tournament after the terrorist who murdered two Israeli rabbis and wounded the wife and baby of one of them in a stabbing attack Oct. 3 in the Old City of Jerusalem.

According to a Nov. 2 report in Al-Hayat al-Jadida translated by the PMW, a PA municipality also named a street after the “martyr shahid” Muhanned Halabi, with the town’s mayor saying “This is the least we can do for Martyr Halabi.”

The Fatah faction led by Abbas fanned the flames further, officially bringing soil from the grounds of the Al Aqsa Mosque at the Temple Mount to Halabi’s grave. The Palestinian Authority Bar Association awarded an honorary law degree to the 19-year-old murderer.

The PA Ministry of Education and Higher Education, and the General Union of Palestinian Teachers also held meetings and issued news releases praising Halabi’s attacks.

And to this day, maps of the territory of the Palestinian Authority – “Palestine” to PA residents – are comprised of the entire area of the State of Israel, which is completely erased.

All this, decades after the PLO and PA supposedly had “recognized” the State of Israel and had “renounced terrorism.”

Or not.

So what is really new about the former lead negotiator of the PLO telling the world that he doesn’t rule out the possibility of withdrawing a recognition that never really existed?

Hana Levi Julian

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/plo-official-saeb-erekat-threatens-to-yank-recognition-of-israel/2015/11/05/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: