web analytics
November 27, 2014 / 5 Kislev, 5775
At a Glance

Posts Tagged ‘Code Red’

Israel Govt: ‘Operation Continues Until Quiet and Security Restored’

Sunday, August 10th, 2014

Palestinian Arab factions are growing impatient waiting in Cairo but Israel says truce talks are over until the rocket fire stops.

After a weekend in which Gaza terrorists fire more than 100 rockets at Israel, representatives of the Palestinian Arab factions in Cairo say they will leave on Sunday, because Israel refuses to negotiate under fire.

At 12:44 pm Sunday afternoon, a Code Red alert was flashed to residents of the Kerem Shalom community and surrounds, giving them 15 seconds to find shelter. It was the seventh such attack since midnight.

“Operation Protective Edge continues,” Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu stated as he opened Sunday’s weekly cabinet meeting at the offices of the defense ministry in Tel Aviv.

“We have not, at any point, said that it ended, and it will continue until it has achieved its goals. This will take time,” he said. “Israel will not conduct negotiations under fire and will work to change the reality to return security to its citizens.”

Because Hamas flatly refused to extend the cease fire, and Gaza terrorists began shelling southern Israeli communities four hours before the truce officially was set to end Friday morning, the Israeli delegation left Cairo. Representatives of the various Palestinian Arab factions – and those of Hamas as well, apparently – remained in Cairo, believing Egypt could persuade the Israelis to return.

But Jerusalem and Israel’s citizens have had enough of the incessant rocket attacks raining down upon civilian families, and no one is willing any longer to live their lives under fire. By Sunday morning, those factions were “threatening” to leave Cairo if the Israelis “don’t return to the table in the next 24 hours.”

The threat has moved no one in Israel, especially since Gaza terrorists had already fired six rocket attacks at Israeli civilians early Sunday morning.

Foreign Minister Avigdor Liberman said bluntly that he expected little, if anything, to result from such talks. “From the beginning I said that our goal should be to defeat Hamas… their minimal demands are beyond Israel’s maximal position. This situation cannot continue. If my recommendations had been accepted we would not be in this situation.”

Liberman’s view was supported by Interior Minister Gideon Sa’ar, who agreed that Israel needs to “destroy Hamas’s military power in Gaza. It was true in the past, and it is true now, in order to allow residents of the south to return home.”

Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon vowed to silence the rocket fire – as he has in the past – addressing the growing outrage from southern residents who were told just three days ago that it was now “safe to go home.”

“If Hamas thinks it will exhaust us, it is wrong,” Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon said. “We will not negotiate under fire. We entered talks in Cairo in good faith, and Hamas decided to renew its rocket fire on Israel.” The IDF responded with air strikes that destroyed a number of terrorist targets in Gaza.

“We will not compromise until rocket fire and terror completely stop,” Ya’alon promised. “We see the greater political and military picture, and we will not end the operation until quiet and security are returned to Israel’s citizens.”

‘False Alarm’ Code Red Alert in Gaza Belt

Wednesday, August 6th, 2014

For the first time since a 72-hour humanitarian cease fire began at 8 am Tuesday, a Code Red rocket alert sent residents in the Gaza Belt communities of Kfar Aza, Kfar Maimon, Kibbutz Sa’ad and Kibbutz Givi’im, in the Eshkol Regional Council district, racing for shelter.

Home Front Command and other security officials immediately went to the field to investigate, but found no rockets had landed anywhere following the Code Red activation, which occurred a minute or two after 2 pm.

Officials announced the alert was a “false alarm” and said that “residents are now trying to return to their regular routine.”

Israeli and Palestinian Arab faction representatives are in Cairo attempting to work out an agreement to extend the cease fire in a more permanent arrangement.

Israeli Aircraft Strikes Terrorists Preparing Rocket Launch

Tuesday, March 4th, 2014

An Israel Air Force aircraft struck what the Israeli military said were terrorists planning to launch rockets at southern Israel from the Gaza Strip.

One man was killed and three injured in the attack, Palestinian media reported following the airstrike on Monday evening. The dead man was identified as Mus’ab Za’aneen, 21, a member of the Al-Quds Brigade, the military wing of the Islamic Jihad.

“The mission was carried out in order to eliminate an imminent attack targeting civilian communities of southern Israel,” according to a statement from the Israel Defense Forces spokesman’s office.

“IDF intelligence, operational capability and determination to eliminate a real-time threat keeps Israelis safe in their homes,” IDF spokesman Peter Lerner said.

The airstrike came shortly after Code Red alerts signaling an incoming rocket were sounded near Ashkelon in southern Israel.

On Friday evening, Israeli troops fired on a Palestinian woman who approached the border fence and did not respond to orders to halt, despite being in a military security zone. The woman, according to her family, was mentally disturbed.

Rocket Launch from Gaza Sets Off Warning Sirens

Thursday, January 16th, 2014

Terrorists from Gaza launched another rocket towards Ashkelon Thursday night, setting off early warning sirens, but the missile missed its mark and may have exploded in northern Gaza.

Shortly before, Reuters quoted an Israeli military official as saying, “We won’t go back to a situation where three or four times a week the red alarm sounds in southern Israeli towns.”

Terrorists in Gaza, not necessarily from Hamas, are apparently ready to goad Israel and see how far can push the government with its “rocket roulette” attacks that usually cause no injuries or damage but sometimes explode at homes and schools.

If the stage  massive counter terrorist operation, it will be accused of “disproportionate” force and will face wholesale condemnations in the United Nations.

If it does not retaliate, it could be too late for the victims of a missile that finds its target.

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/rocket-launch-from-gaza-sets-off-warning-sirens/2014/01/16/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: