web analytics
December 23, 2014 / 1 Tevet, 5775
 
At a Glance

Posts Tagged ‘Eyal Yifrah’

Bat-Galim Sha’ar: Families Won’t Accept ‘Irresponsible’ Gov’t Decisions

Wednesday, June 25th, 2014

Bat-Galim Sha’ar, mother of missing teenager Gil-Ad, Sha’ar, urged the Knesset Wednesday to reverse a decision announced Tuesday to scale back the search for her son, and for Naftali Frenkel and Eyal Yifrah.

Shaar said she was taken by the overwhelming outpouring of support and concern for the boys’ safety, and cited the Biblical Rachel, who is traditionally cited as the matriarch known to “cry for her children.”

Click here for full text of speech 

“I may be heartbroken, but I am not broken,” Sha’ar said, and continued to level withering charges against current developments in the investigation. She criticised the government’s agreement with hunger striking prisoners, and said her confidence in Israeli authorities depended on the notion that Israel is doing “everything” it can to bring the boys home.

“We need to look beyond our own pain,” Sha’ar said, “to let go of that which burns within us; we are required to see before our eyes the people of Israel, the IDF, the security forces, the government of Israel standing up against its enemies, and the hidden mission God has brought before us.

“(But) Eyal, Gilad, and Naftali are being held by Hamas terrorist kidnappers – and the Prime Minister seeks to appease them, to please them?… Why should the Palestinians enjoy Ramadan while we Israelis have to deal with a daily lack of security? How can we agree to a situation in which the Palestinians enjoy a normal life, but we continue to wonder about our children?,” she said.

Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon announced the decision to scale back the manhunt Tuesday, saying the manhunt would continue but that efforts to destroy Hamas in Judea and Samaria would be curtailed. Observers said the move was timed to coincide with Ramadan, the Islamic holy month that will begin this weekend, and added that Israeli officials were concerned about creating “friction” with Palestinian civilians during the month of fasting.

Ya’alon: Operation Maxed Out

Today, Ya’alon denied that the move had been undertaken for fear of Ramadan riots, and stressed that after 12 days of intensive searching, the  army had maximized the operation in its current incarnation.

The scale back was not declared due to political considerations, but rather “because the operation against Hamas has been exhausted for the most part.

Ya’alon also said that the intelligence community would continue to work for the boys’ release, but pleaded for patience on the part of the families and the Israeli public.

“It is (only) a matter of time before we get the kidnappers and the kidnapped, but this requires patience. We are moving in the right direction. We will end up solving the mystery and I hope we can return the hostages safely,” Ya’alon said.

Religious Islamic sources relate to Ramadan as a month of charity, repentance and fasting, comparable to the Jewish Elul. But Palestinians traditionally “celebrate” the month with terror attacks, increased stone attacks from the Temple Mount to the Western Wall plaza and “days of rage” aimed to kill Israeli civilians.

Ultimately, Sha’ar said she had complete faith in the Nation of Israel, who have “unite(ed) in prayer for the safe return of our missing sons.” But she warned the families would not accept “irresponsible actions” of Israeli lawmakers.

“Making a deal with the hunger strikers at this time was irresponsible to the people of Israel,” Sha’ar said.

 

Palestinians Want UN Session on Israeli ‘Aggression’

Sunday, June 22nd, 2014

Eyal Yifrah, Gil-Ad Shayer and Naftali Frenkel may now be in their 10th day of illegal captivity, but Palestinians from Palestinian Authority Chairman Abu Mazen on down have turned the boys’ abduction into the latest chapter in the 66-year Palestinian victimisation story.

Israeli leftists continue to promote Mahmoud Abbas’ “denunciation” of abduction last week in Saudi Arabia, and to criticise Prime Minister Netanyahu for moving to break up the Fatah-Hamas unity government.

But Israel’s “peace partner” is trying to organize an emergency session of the UN Security Council to discuss “Israeli aggression” – with “aggression” being Israel’s manhunt for the missing children.

According to a report on Israel Radio, Palestinian spokespeople said the “aggresssion” would not win the boys’ release and would only contribute to the “negative atmosphere in the region.”

In addition, the PA Ma’an news service reported that Khaled Quzmar, a legal adviser at Defense for Children International-Palestine, stressed that Israel bears full responsibility for the kidnapping, because Jerusalem “has endangered the lives of its own children by transferring them to zones under military occupation.”

“These children went missing in a settlement, which is internationally recognized as being illegal and in occupied lands. The responsibility lies with the Israeli government which brought these children to an illegal settlement built on occupied lands,” Quzmar argued.

PA Foreign Minister: Was the kidnapping a farce?

In addition, the Times of Israel reported that Palestinian Authority Foreign Minister Riyad Al-Maliki – who answers directly to Chairman Abu Mazen – said Sunday that Israel might have staged the boys’ abduction in order to deflect international criticism.

The Times’ report quoted Maliki:“In the absence of proof, there are three possible scenarios for the issue: The kidnapping could be a childish game on the part of Israel to draw attention to it, it could be part of a larger game to turn the Israelis from aggressors to victims, or maybe they were really kidnapped,” Maliki said.

The Palestinian Foreign Minister also floated the possibility that the yeshiva students could have been nabbed by “Jewish criminals, Palestinian criminals or Palestinian-Jewish criminals” who carried out the kidnapping “for their own personal goals.”

Lastly, the abduction could have also been carried out by ‘various Palestinian factions,’” Maliki said.

 

Israeli to Raise Ransom Money for Missing Boys

Sunday, June 22nd, 2014

An Israeli entrepreneur has launched a project to raise NIS 500,000 in order to buy the release of Eyal Yifrah, Gil-Ad Shayer and Naftali Frenkel.

Matan Nahmani, a self-described “social media professional,” has launched a a campaign to raise the money on Headstart,a crowd funding platform. He says the money will be used to offer cash rewards for information leading to the missing teens, or to the individuals responsible for abducting them.

“After attracting all the money, in accordance with Headstart rules, I will begin to publicise the prize in the Arabic press and social media networks,” Nahmani told the Hebrew-language NRG website.

“The idea behind this project is that first-and-foremost, we Israelis, who care so much about the boys, must be dedicated to contributing whatever necessary to creating this prize. After that, we will ask the rest of the world to help, and even to make the prize bigger,” Nahmani said.

Jibril Rajoub: Israelis Only Understand Kidnapping

Thursday, June 19th, 2014

Kayid al-Rol, a senior official of the People’s Front for the Liberation of Palestine, said Thursday that the Palestinian people stand behind their “right” to kidnap Israeli civilians and claimed the 16 year old high school students are “Israeli soldiers,” the Hebrew-language Ynet website reported.

The website also reported that Jibril Rajoub, a ranking Fatah official who is considered close to Abu Mazen, said the “only language Israeli understand is kidnapping.” The PA official said that while he does not support the kidnapping of civilians, it is the only way Palestinians can free their prisoners in Israeli jails.

Of course, Rajoub forgot to mention that the Palestinians in Israeli jails are suspected and convicted terrorists. But that’s a small fact.

 

Rabbis Call for National ‘Early Shabbat’

Thursday, June 19th, 2014

Religious Zionist and Haredi rabbis have called on Jews to usher in Shabbat early this week to show support for the families of Eyal Yifrah, Gil-Ad Shayer and Naftali Frenkel.

Bnei Brak Rabbis Aharon Leib Shteinman and Chaim Rabbi Kanievsky, the leaders of the Lithuanian-style yeshiva world, joined Rabbis Chaim Druckman, rabbinic head of the Bnei Akiva youth movement, and Rav David Stav, founder of the religious Zionist Tzohar rabbinic organization, to ask women to light candles 15 minutes earlier than usual, and to study extra Torah for the merit of the missing yeshiva students.

Abu Mazen Denounces Manhunt, Condemns Israel

Thursday, June 19th, 2014

A day after calling on the kidnappers of Eyal Yifrah, Gil-Ad Shayer and Naftali Frenkel to free the hostages, Palestinian Authority Chairman and chief Holocaust Denier Abu Mazen accused Israel Thursday of using the “disappearance of three settlers” to hit the Palestinians with ” collective punishment.”

According to Israel Radio,  Abu Mazen’s bureau released a statement saying Israel’s manhunt to find Eyal Yifrah, Gil-Ad Shayer and Naftali Frenkel is “illegitimate and contributes to a negative attitude.”

The author of The Other Side: the Secret Relationship Between Nazism and Zionism (1982, Oriental College of Moscow) also  said the PA is maintaining communication with PLO offices around the world in order to shed light on Israel’s “racist attack,” and called on the international community stop Israel’s “immoral, illegitimate policy” and not to suffice with mere denunciations.

 

Defense Minister to Families of Kidnapped Boys: “Your Strong Stance is Admirable”

Wednesday, June 18th, 2014

Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon, met today (Jun 18) with the families of the kidnapped boys Eyal Yifrah, Naftali Frankel and Gilad Sha’ar. The meeting was attended by the parents of the boys and representatives of the police and the military who are in constant contact with the families.

During the meeting, Defense Minister Ya’alon updated the families on the investigation and briefed them on the details of the operation to trace the three boys and capture the kidnappers, which has been in action since last Friday.

During the meeting, Ya’alon told the families: “We are meeting so I can update you on the latest developments. I wish first of all to strengthen you. You convey strength and steadfastness. During events such as this, one of the most important elements is your strong stance, which is admirable. We are in the midst of an operation aimed at reaching the kidnappers and rescuing the boys. The campaign is constantly evolving, day and night, and many activities are taking place in the field, and as long as we have no other proof, our assumption is that the boys are alive. Until now no one has taken responsibility, and no demands have been presented.”

“The objective of the actions we are taking is to reach the kidnappers and the boys as quickly as possible. We are focusing massive intelligence and operational efforts, including meticulous searches of the area. Ahead of us, first and foremost you and I, lay long and hard hours of stress, doubt and uncertainty. We do not know how long this will last, and much patience is required.”

Relating to the extent of the operation, Ya’alon said: “There is nothing that restricts the operation. All intelligence and operational capabilities of the IDF, the Shabak and Israel Police have priority in favor of this operation. We will not rest until we lay our hands on the kidnappers and recover the boys.”

Ya’alon stated that the operation has now taken on a broader scope: “We have taken several actions in parallel also intended to hurt Hamas in Judea and Samaria. Tonight we arrested Hamas members discharged in the Schalit deal, with the clear message that not only are we working to free the boys, but also when there is a kidnapping we will put back in prison those who we have previously released,” stated Minister Ya’alon.

 

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/defense-minister-to-families-of-kidnapped-boys-your-strong-stance-is-admirable/2014/06/18/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: