web analytics
December 1, 2015 / 19 Kislev, 5776
At a Glance

Posts Tagged ‘Fatah’

Kerry Tells Abbas to ‘Cool It’

Saturday, October 10th, 2015

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry called Palestinian Authority chairman Abbas Saturday and told him to calm down the incitement to violence, according to Palestinian Authority media.

Abbas responded to Kerry that Israel must stop settlers from provoking Arabs.

During the day, Fatah, the party headed by Abbas, claimed that two Jerusalem terrorists who were killed by Israeli forces belonged to their party.

The Obama administration has been retrying to keep a low profile during the escalation of violence, restricting its comments to condemnations “in the strongest possible terms violence against Israeli and Palestinian civilians.

Spokesman John Kirby told reporters at the daily press briefing Friday:

We continue to urge all sides to take affirmative steps to restore calm and refrain from actions and rhetoric that would further escalate tensions.

I think the Secretary addressed this, I thought very well, earlier this week in urging calm, condemning the violence, and calling for a return to – at least in terms of Haram al-Sharif and the Temple Mount, a return to the status quo, and for both sides to take the tensions down.

U.N. Officials on Way to ‘Rescue’ Israel and PA with ‘Peace Process’

Thursday, October 8th, 2015

There is no “Third Intifada” nor is there “war.” Plain and simple, Jerusalem and Palestinian Authority Arabs are on a murder spree.

The United Nations announced Thursday it will send high-ranking officials to Jerusalem and Ramallah next week to try to dig up the “peace process” and save Israel and the Palestinian Authority from themselves.

Or at least, that is how they see it.

This is an old scene, played hundreds of times. Whenever Israel does not give the Palestinian Authority what it wants, Mahmoud Abbas calls for “peaceful resistance” in English while his Fatah party call for the murder of Jews in Arabic.

For example, the official PA daily Al-Hayat Al-Jadida on Wednesday reported on a statement by Fatah Central Committee Member Jamal Muhaisen, according to a translation and posting by the Palestinian Media Watch (PMW):

Muhaisen stated that the Palestinian people has proven that its life and blood have little value [compared] to support for the Al-Aqsa Mosque and achieving freedom and independence… Muhaisen stressed that it is important that the popular uprising) increases, in order to deal with the occupation’s crimes and the settlers. He clarified that the settlers’ presence is illegal, and therefore every measure taken against them is legitimate and legal.

In plain Arabic, Arabs have a license to kill Jews.

But maybe Hamas terrorists and not Fatah terrorists or behind the murders of Rabbi Eitam and Naama Henkin?

A host on official Palestinian Authority TV asked PLO Executive Committee member Mahmoud Ismail, according to PMW:

Are they [killers of the Henkin couple] from the Al-Aqsa Martyrs’ Brigades (Fatah’s military wing) or from Hamas?

He answered:

There is no need to return to the argument and dispute about who carried out the operation… There is no need to announce it and boast of having done it. One fulfills his national duty voluntarily, as best as one can.

In plain Arabic, that is more than license to kill. It is a “national duty.”

Abbas has the instincts of a hunting dog. He knows exactly when the time is ripe for the “international; community” to step in and save his neck from being slit by his political opponents, which is just about everyone.

He can count on the U.N. delegation to blame Israel for anything and everything at a time when the Obama administration and even most foreign media are having a hard time blaming the “occupation” for attempted murders in Tel Aviv, Petach Tikvah and Kiryat Gat, let alone the “occupied territory.”

Abbas also knows very well that if he breaks off security arrangements with Israel, he has to make sure his will is in order and that a burial plot is ready.

He also knows that Israel always deals from weakness when international leaders get involved.

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu does not have many cards to play and that he also cannot make much more concessions.

He may have to promise that no new Jewish outposts will be built, even if it means preventing a new community near the location where the Henkins were murdered.

There are a lot of things the Prime Minister “should” do, such as reinstating roadblocks and checkpoints in Judea and Samaria, but like it or not, he cannot do it. Israel cannot roll back concessions, at least not now.

It has to wait until the Palestinian Authority regime totally disintegrates, and that is not going to happen before the United Nations fulfills Abbas wish and flies to his rescue next week.

UPDATE: Arab Video Encourages Murder of Jews in Old City

Wednesday, October 7th, 2015

A video uploaded to YouTube* by a Hamas account on Oct. 6 glorifies and encourages murdering Jews in the Old City of Jerusalem.

The video shows what purports to be a Palestinian Arab man in his twenties. The Arab is shown wearing a Fatah-style kefiyah. He is sitting in an alleyway of what looks like the Old City of Jerusalem, and he is watching a video on his cellphone.  Young Arab boys play ball in the alley.

Arab in alleyway

After a few seconds, two men dressed up as religious Jews appear in the alleyway. One is wearing a black hat and long frock coat, the other is wearing a kippah and a tallis.

2 Jews enter alleyway

The “Jew” with the tallit knocks over a small boy and then kicks him. Then the “Jew” with the black hat pushes one of the Arab kids, knocking him over. The two “Jews” then grin at each other as they continue up the alleyway, where they walk past the Arab young man.

tallit Jew knocking over boyblack hat kicking arab boy

2 Jews smiling about kicking Arabs

The video closes in on the Arab’s face. He is seething.


The video then seems to back up and the two Jews are again walking down the alleyway. This time the Arab youth is standing on the side of the alley, holding a sharp knife. The Arab springs forward, brutally stabbing the “Jewish” black hatted man, who falls to the ground, dead.

Arab stabbing Black Hat

Then the Arab runs down the alley after the “Jew” in the tallit, who is running away. But not fast enough.

Arab killed 1 going after other

The Arab catches the second Jew. The camera zooms in on the knife, and catches the moment of impact of the knife into the man’s neck. Blood gushes out.

Arab knifing Jew #2

The second Jew crumples to the ground.

Arab laying down Jew #2

The video ends with what looks like blood hitting the camera lens. A slogan in Arabic, calling for an intifada, and #freedom of al-Aksa, flashes across the screen.

#intifada al-Aksa

The only truly surprising thing about the video is that it was uploaded by a Hamas account, but the Arab terrorist is wearing a Fatah kefiya and it focuses on the Old City, which is not typically thought of as the turf of Hamas.

UPDATE: The video was removed from YouTube. That is good news. But it was posted to other social media and it received wide distribution before it was removed from YouTube. You can see what was in the video because the JewishPress.com captured most of it in screen captures and included it here for people to see the venom and the violence pouring out of the people who are supposed to be Israel’s peace partners.

Significantly, the video was posted after various Arab leaders, including Jordanian and Egyptian leadership, told the Palestinian Authority’s Mahmoud Abbas that he had to clamp down on the murderous incitement amongst the Palestinian Arabs. It was also posted after Abbas made public statements that he was doing so.

This is what appears where the video was previously:

YT removed

Not sure why YouTube has “sorry about that” in the message, but at least this particular incitement has been removed.

Palestinian Authority Calls on UN to Act against ‘Israeli Violence’

Sunday, October 4th, 2015

The Palestinian Authority has finally issued a condemnation of violence, but it restricted its statement Israel and called on the United Nations to act to stop what it called Israeli violence.

A statement on the Palestinian Authority’s official WAFA website said in Arabic:

The government demanded in a statement on Sunday, the international community and organizations of the United Nations, to intervene to compel Israel to cease its violations in the Palestinian territory, the latest of which was the killing of two young men in the occupied city of Jerusalem, and a series of incursions into the cities and villages of the West Bank, and settler attacks last night on the villages of the West to the protection of the occupation army , and wounding a number of citizens.

Without one word of denunciation of the two Arab terrorist attacks Thursday and Saturday night that killed four Jews, Palestinian Authority spokesman Ihab Accord Bseiso charged on WAFA that Israel’s “escalatory policy comes within the framework of the efforts of the Israeli government aimed at undermining the Palestinian and international political efforts and the efforts of the destruction of the two-state solution, and dragging the region into a new spiral of violence.”

He said the solution is simple:

End the Israeli occupation of our land Palestinian territories, and the establishment of our independent state on the 1967 borders with its capital in East Jerusalem.

Fatah spokesman Ahmed Assaf stated, “The time has come to end the occupation and to achieve independence.” He said that “we have sacrificed people and we are prepared to sacrifice more.”

Fatah Leader Calls on Palestinian Authority to Arm Arabs

Sunday, October 4th, 2015

Fatah leader Sultan Abu Enein wrote in a Twitter message in Arabic that the Palestinian Authority should arms Arabs in order “to defend themselves against the occupation and settlers.”

Abbas’ Adviser Urges More Attacks 2 Days after Abbas Renounces Terror

Friday, October 2nd, 2015

Palestinian Authority chairman Mahmoud Abbas’ adviser on NGOs, Gen Sultan Abu Al-Einen, called for more attacks as Fatah claimed responsibility for yesterday’s attack, Ofir Gendelman, Israeli government spokesman for Arabic media, tweeted on Friday.

The Palestinian Authority has been totally silent since Thursday’s murder of an Israeli couple in Samaria while its ruling Fatah party took responsibility for the terrorist attack that orphaned four small children.

Abbas told the United Nations in his speech Wednesday:

The PLO and the Palestinian people adhere to the renouncement of violence and rejection and condemning of terrorism in all its forms, especially State terrorism, and adhere to all agreements signed between the Palestine Liberation Organization and Israel.

Not only have the PLO and Abbas not condemned the drive-by murder, but Fatah official Azzam al-Ahmed also told Hamas’ Al Quds TV:

The attack is a natural response to the crimes of the settlers and every action has a reaction.

The Martyr Abdul-Qader al-Husseini Brigades, associated with Fatah’s Al-Aqsa Martyrs’ Brigades said it carried out the “heroic operation.”

WAFA, the official Palestinian Authority website, did not mention the murders and instead drowned its readers with the usual daily reports of alleged IDF violence against Arabs.

The Ma’an News Agency, based in Bethlehem and considered close to the Palestinian Authority regime, reported the killings but implicitly supported remarks by the Fatah officials that they were a “natural response.” Ma’an told its readers:

Tensions between Israeli settlers and Palestinians have been running high in recent weeks, as right-wing groups have increasingly urged their supporters to visit the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound in East Jerusalem, which has sparked clashes and spurred political debates around what Palestinians see as a challenge to the status quo in Israeli policies concerning the holy site.

Israeli authorities imposed severe restrictions on Palestinian entry to the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound for the fourth day in a row on Wednesday, while Israelis entered the compound under armed police escort.

According to the Palestinian Authority narrative, Arab rage is a result of Israeli actions.

After the murder, maiming and wounding of thousands of Israelis by Palestinian Authority terrorists the world no longer is buying the Arab agenda.

It is not falling in love with Israel but, as indicated by the absence of the words “Palestine” and “Israel” in President Barack Obama’s speech at the United Nations this week, the international community has run out of energy trying to make believe that the problems in the Middle East start and end with the “occupation,” if they exist at all.

ISIS, the Muslim immigration invasion of Europe, and the Syrian war have eroded the world’s illusions that the Palestinian Authority really wants “two states,” unless one is Fatah and the other Hamas with both of them killing each other in a war to see who can try to annihilate the State of Israel.

Shootout as Abbas Forces Are Pushed Back by Demonstrators in Bethlehem

Monday, September 21st, 2015

(JNi.media) On Sunday night in Bethlehem, Arab demonstrators united in protest against Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas. They called for his immediate resignation following the cooperation of security forces at his command with Israel, and the arrests they collaborate in carrying out, against the backdrop of the Al-Aqsa Mosque riots.

According to NRG, the security coordination between Israel and the Palestinian Authority, which has recently resulted in a wave of arrests carried out by the Palestinian security services, are infuriating the Palestinians, who carry the social protests against Abbas from the social networks to the streets.

Ma’an described the event as a march that was called to protest an excessive use of force by PA forces last week.

Sunday night’s demonstration began at the Deheishe refugee camp just south of Bethlehem, when protesters gathered in front of the Palestinian intelligence building, shouting and throwing rocks. After a few minutes, several police officers came out to disperse the demonstration, and one of them fired live rounds of ammunition at the demonstrators. After the demonstrators failed to disperse, a large force of Palestinian police left the building and began making arrests.

In response to the live shooting, armed Arab gunmen affiliated with the Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades came out of the Deheishe camp, and entered a shootout with the security forces. They issued a statement saying “the security forces of Abbas use weapons against the Palestinian people; whomever uses weapons against us is the enemy and we will respond against him with war.”

The clashes during the night at Deheishe followed exchanges of gunfire in the Balata refugee camp in Shechem and the Jenin refugee camp. The protest is focused against the aging Chairman of the Authority, who is now identified as a “traitor against the Palestinian people.”

A high-ranking Fatah official, who wished to remain anonymous, told Ma’an: “We agreed with factions and powers not to participate in these marches where some people chanted against the president.”

Referring to violence from protesters, the anonymous source blamed Israel: “We think there are sides like Israel who might want to plant disturbances and benefit from them.

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/shootout-as-abbas-forces-are-pushed-back-by-demonstrators-in-bethlehem/2015/09/21/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: