web analytics
September 1, 2014 / 6 Elul, 5774
At a Glance

Posts Tagged ‘FBI’

Saturday’s Chicago Bar Car Bomb Latest in Ongoing Muslim Attacks on American Targets

Wednesday, September 19th, 2012

Adel Daoud, an 18 year-old from the leafy Chicago neighbourhood of Hillside was charged on Saturday with crimes arising from terrorism after months of surveillance by undercover federal agents.

Thinking that he had loaded a car bomb into the Jeep Cherokee that he was driving, he parked it outside a bar in downtown Chicago and walked away into an alley after doing everything he thought necessary for it to detonate. Safely distant, he then pressed the trigger mechanism in the presence of the agent, intending an explosion and deaths to follow. He was then arrested. Unknown to him, the bomb was inert and was designed not to explode. A preliminary hearing is set for Monday at a U.S. courthouse in Chicago.

The Chicago Tribune’s report says Daoud is a U.S. citizen. It’s alleged that he had been sharing information online about killing Americans in a terrorist attack since last October when he was presumably just 17. The affidavit accompanying the charge sheet [the legal papers are here] says Daoud believes the U.S. is at war with Islam and Muslims. That’s evidently why he wanted his attack to be recognized as terrorism and to be as deadly as possible:

“If it’s only like five, 10 people, I’m not gonna feel that good… I wanted something that’s… massive; I want something that’s gonna make it in the news like tonight.”

Ordinary people living in this terrorist thug’s neighbourhood or in others anywhere else in the United States are, in our view, left to take one of two views:

  1. The US authorities are completely on top of the situation and have all the religiously fanatical wanne-be jihadists and Osama Bin Laden followers under surveillance. They will pounce just in time to prevent the next massacre of innocent Americans whose crime is to believe in something other than what these creatures believe. And the attempted massacre after that, and after that and so on. So there’s nothing to worry about; Or
  2. No one really knows where the next mass-killer is going to come from. In fact, there may be lots of them – a completely unknown number, living in completely unpredictable locations, and they will look perfectly ordinary and will be undetectable until the bombs go off.

Take your pick. For our part, there’s no doubt. America has been lucky, and we need to pray the luck stays good. And to ignore the role that Islamist religious indoctrination is having on parts of American society is simply insane.

Visit This Ongoing War.

Court Dismisses Bid to Restore Demjanjuk’s US Citizenship Posthumously

Friday, September 14th, 2012

A U.S. appeals court on Tuesday dismissed a request to help posthumously restore U.S. citizenship to convicted Nazi war criminal John Demjanjuk.

Demjanjuk’s estate had asked the full 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Cincinnati to take up the case. In June, a three-judge panel of the court had ruled that Demjanjuk’s U.S. citizenship cannot be posthumously restored and that his death made the case moot.

Demjanjuk, a former Ohio autoworker, died in southern Germany on March 17 at the age of 91.

The defense claimed that U.S. District Judge Dan Polster in Cleveland violated basic fairness by ruling against Demjanjuk’s citizenship appeal without holding a hearing on a 1985 secret FBI report uncovered by The Associated Press. The document indicates that the FBI believed a Nazi ID card purportedly showing that Demjanjuk served as a death camp guard was a Soviet-made fake.

Restoration of his citizenship would have enabled his widow to seek Social Security benefits.

A Munich court convicted Demjanjuk last year on 28,060 counts of being an accessory to murder at the Sobibor death camp in occupied Poland. Demjanjuk, who maintained that he had been mistaken for someone else, died while his conviction was under appeal.

Demjanjuk’s Estate Bids Again to Restore his Citizenship

Thursday, August 16th, 2012

The estate of convicted Nazi war criminal John Demjanjuk again has asked an appeals court to help posthumously restore his U.S. citizenship.

In a filing Monday, Demjanjuk’s estate asked the full 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Cincinnati to take up the case. In June, a three-judge panel of the court ruled that Demjanjuk’s U.S. citizenship cannot be posthumously restored and that his death made the case moot.

Demjanjuk, a former Ohio autoworker, died in southern Germany on March 17 at the age of 91.

The defense said the American government withheld potentially helpful material and said that the full court must take up the matter.

The defense claimed that U.S. District Judge Dan Polster in Cleveland violated basic fairness by ruling against Demjanjuk’s citizenship appeal without holding a hearing on a 1985 secret FBI report uncovered by The Associated Press. The document indicates that the FBI believed a Nazi ID card purportedly showing that Demjanjuk served as a death camp guard was a Soviet-made fake.

“Fraud is fraud. It does not die” with the death of parties involved, the defense said in its latest filing, reported The Associated Press.

The government argued that the earlier defense filings contained no new information in the matter.

“Over three decades, we have repeatedly rejected Demjanjuk’s challenges to the authenticity of the Trawniki card and fraud on the court,” the court said last June.

Restoration of his citizenship would have enabled his widow to seek Social Security benefits.

A Munich court convicted Demjanjuk last year on 28,060 counts of being an accessory to murder at the Sobibor death camp in occupied Poland. Demjanjuk, who maintained that he had been mistaken for someone else, died while his conviction was under appeal.

Claims Conference Employee Admits to Stealing $550K from Survivors, $57 Mil. Missing

Thursday, June 7th, 2012

An employee of the New York based Conference on Jewish Material Claims Against Germany (the “Claims Conference”) pleaded guilty to defrauding her employers out of $550,000.

Zlata Blavatnik, 65, pleaded guilty to the charge that she had “produced falsified documents for myself” and “helped others in the same office” to make fraudulent “reparation” payments.

A total of 31 people have been charged in connection with the scheme, according to the FBI, including five former employees of the Claims Conference, which administered the programs.

The FBI is charging that, in exchange for kickbacks, those insiders, who were supposed to process and approve only legitimate applications, have knowingly approved nearly 5,000 fraudulent applications, resulting in payouts to applicants who did not qualify for the programs.

Manhattan U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara told reporters: “As I said when the initial charges in this case were announced, my office, working with our partners at the FBI, would not stop until we brought to justice those who are alleged to have stolen more than $57 million from the Claims Conference, thereby diverting money intended for survivors of the Holocaust.”

Bharara thanked the Claims Conference for “their outstanding, ongoing assistance in identifying the participants in this scheme.”

The Claims Conference, a not-for-profit organization which provides assistance to victims of Nazi persecution, supervises and administers several funds that make reparation payments to victims of the Nazis, including “the Hardship Fund” and “the Article 2 Fund,” both of which are funded by the German government.

Applications for disbursements through these funds are processed by employees of the Claims Conference’s office in Manhattan, and the employees are supposed to confirm that the applicants meet the specific criteria required for payments.

According to the FBI, as part of the scheme, a web of individuals—including five former employees of the Claims Conference—systematically defrauded the Article 2 Fund and Hardship Fund programs for over a decade.

The Claims Conference first suspected the fraud in December 2009, and immediately reported their suspicions to law enforcement, which conducted a wide-reaching investigation, resulting in unsealing the charges last October, 2011.

The Hardship Fund makes a one-time payment of approximately $3,500 to victims of Nazi persecution who evacuated the cities in which they lived and were forced to become refugees. Members of the conspiracy submitted fraudulent applications for people who were not eligible. Many of the recipients of fraudulent funds were born after World War II, and at least one person was not even Jewish.

Some conspirators recruited other individuals to provide identification documents, such as passports and birth certificates, which were then fraudulently altered and submitted to corrupt insiders at the Claims Conference, who then processed those applications. When the applicants received their compensation checks, they kept a portion of the money and passed the rest back up the chain.

From the investigation to date, the Claims Conference has determined that at least 3,839 Hardship Fund applications appear to be fraudulent. These applications resulted in a loss to the Hardship Fund of approximately $12.3 million.

The Article 2 Fund makes monthly payments of approximately $400 to survivors of Nazi persecution who make less than $16,000 per year, and either (1) lived in hiding or under a false identity for at least 18 months; (2) lived in a Jewish ghetto for 18 months; or (3) were incarcerated for six months in a concentration camp or a forced labor camp.

The fraud involved doctored identification documents in which the applicant’s date and place of birth had been changed. The fraud also involved more sophisticated deception, including altering documents that the Claims Conference obtains from outside sources to verify a person’s persecution by the Nazis. Some of the detailed descriptions of persecution in the fraudulent Article 2 Fund applications were completely fabricated.

From the investigation to date, the Claims Conference has determined that at least 1,112 Article 2 Fund cases it processed have been determined to be fraudulent. Those cases have resulted in a loss to the Claims Conference of approximately $45 million.

Manhattan federal Magistrate Judge Henry Pitman on Tuesday informed Blavatnik that she was facing a possible 40 years in jail for conspiracy and mail fraud.

But, according to the NY Post, Judge Pitman did not divulge the terms of Blavatnik’s plea deal, neither would the Manhattan US Attorney’s Office release a copy of the plea, which means that Blavatnik is probably cooperating with authorities in return for leniency in sentencing.

Mekhi Phifer (‘ER’) Checks Out the Cobra

Friday, May 11th, 2012

Mekhi Phifer is no stranger to fake action, having portrayed Dr. Greg Pratt on NBC’s medical drama “ER,” FBI agent Ben Reynolds on Fox’s “Lie to Me,” and CIA agent Rex Matheson in “Torchwood: Miracle Day.” This week, Mekhi had a rare opportunity to try the reral thing, on a vist to an IAF base in Palmachim, south of Tel Aviv.

The Gray Lady Versus Our Security

Wednesday, March 14th, 2012

The New York Times recently threw a hissy fit over what it felt were overzealous efforts by Mayor Bloomberg and Police Commissioner Kelly to defend NYPD anti-terrorist surveillance programs the Times opposes. And just this week the Times, in editorializing on the exclusionary policies of the TAPPS high-school basketball tournament, chose to focus most of its ire not on the attempted exclusion of the Orthodox Beren Academy over its refusal to play on the Jewish Sabbath – which captivated the attention of the media across the country – but on the experience of some Muslim applicants.

The Times’s biased focus is manifest.

In a March 8 editorial the Times rebuked Mayor Bloomberg and Commissioner Kelly for having “reacted with defensiveness and hostility to the disclosure of constitutionally suspect surveillance of law-abiding Muslims in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey and beyond.” The paper chided the mayor for saying the issue was not “a political football to play with” and the commissioner for having accused critics of the NYPD of using “the media to spread this information.”

The editorial concluded by saying, “Mr. Kelly loudly defends the operation and an exemplary record of preventing terrorist attacks. He should not do that so loudly that he drowns out reasonable criticisms.”

The Times’s groveling before Muslim groups is nothing new, of course. Remember its relentless criticism of opponents of the Ground Zero mosque?

In an August 3, 2010 editorial, the Times ripped into Republican opponents of the mosque for having the effrontery to disagree: “It was not surprising that Republican ideologues like Newt Gingrich and Sarah Palin came out against the mosque…. They have been shamelessly playing the politics of fear since 9/11.”

The Times also laced into the Anti-Defamation League for coming out against the mosque. Two weeks later the Times delivered a harsh rebuke to critics of President Obama’s comments in support of the mosque and in yet another editorial a month later the paper said that “The furor over the proposed Islamic cultural center and mosque near Ground Zero keeps giving us new reasons for dismay. As politicians and commentators work themselves and viewers into a rage, others who should be standing up for freedom and tolerance tiptoe away.”

Fast forward to the current controversy over the NYPD’s surveillance program. On March 3 the Times ran an editorial titled, “Surveillance, Security and Civil Liberties.” True to form, it was a one-sided indictment of the NYPD.

On March 7 the Times ran a news story headlined “F.B.I Official Faults Police Tactics on Muslims.” However, while the piece quoted a local FBI official’s criticisms, it also contained the following colloquy between Robert S. Mueller III, the director of the FBI, and Congressman Mike Honda during Director Mueller’s testimony before the House Appropriations Committee. Congressman Honda had asked about the NYPD surveillance tactics. Mr. Mueller’s response:

Let me start by saying, at the outset, that Ray Kelly and the New York Police Department have done a remarkable job in protecting New York. The fact of the matter is New York has been and will continue to be a target. And we have worked closely – very closely – together with them.

So, then, should anyone take seriously The Times’s pontifications about what is acceptable advocacy, especially when the paper skews headlines on news stories to fit its agenda?

Mueller Appeased Arab Groups on 1000 “Offensive” FBI Documents

Tuesday, February 21st, 2012

After accusations had been made last fall, that the FBI is using inaccurate and offensive training materials, the bureau invited experts from the Army’s Combating Terrorism Center at West Point to review all of their resources and help remedy the problem.

The update on the results of that review came on February 8, at a meeting between FBI Director Robert Mueller and a host of Arab and Muslim advocacy groups and religious leaders.

But IPT, the Investigative Project on Terrorism, reports that some of Mueller’s guests included pro-Hamas and Hizballah groups, a few of whom had been accused of issuing blatantly anti-Semitic statements.

Among Mueller’s guests were representatives from the Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC), the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee, the Arab American Institute, Interfaith Alliance, the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA), Muflehun and the Shoulder-to-Shoulder campaign.

MPAC Executive Director Salam al-Marayati attended the meeting with Mueller. In 1996, following the killing of a man who crashed his car into a crowded Jerusalem bus stop, shouting Allahu Akbar, killing one bystander and injuring 23, al-Marayati condemned the killing of the terrorist and demanded the shooter’s extradition to the United States to stand trial.

And according to IPT, on September 11, 2001, speaking on a Los Angeles radio program, al-Marayati said, “If we’re going to look at suspects, we should look to the groups that benefit the most from these kinds of incidents, and I think we should put the state of Israel on the suspect list because I think this diverts attention from what’s happening in the Palestinian territories so that they can go on with their aggression and occupation and apartheid policies.”

ISNA has been accused of having links to Hamas, and to the infamous Holy Land Foundation, which was shut down in Ohio for fundraising for terrorism.

The FBI chief told his guests about the removal of more than 1000 presentations and curricula on Islam that were deemed “offensive” from FBI offices around the country.

FBI spokesman Christopher Allen confirmed to Wired Magazine’s Danger Room, which exposed the existence of the offending documents in the first place, that the bureau found some of the documents to be objectionable because they were inaccurate or over-broad, and others because they were plain offensive.

Allen added that those documents represent “less than 1 percent” of more than 160,000 documents reviewed by the inquiry. The FBI purged documents according to four criteria: “factual errors,” “poor taste,” the employment of “stereotypes” about Arabs or Muslims, and presenting information that “lacked precision.”

Back in September, Danger Room uncovered documents by FBI counter-terrorism agents who suggested that mainstream Muslims sympathized with terrorists; that the Prophet Mohammed was a cult leader; and that the more devout a Muslim was, the more likely he would be to commit a violent act, with a graph that illustrated this correlation.

The bottom line question has to be: would the bureau’s acceptance of those largely stylistic, politically correct curbs on its work result in reducing its effectiveness. If those curbs only mean agents can’t call Mohammed a cult leader, then no harm’s been done. But if this added measure of PC prevents agents from pursuing suspects based on profiling, for fear that it could later stain their record – then we’ve just invited the enemy to decide the boundaries of our national security policy for us.

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/us-news/mueller-appeased-arab-groups-on-1000-offensive-fbi-documents/2012/02/21/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: