web analytics
December 1, 2015 / 19 Kislev, 5776
At a Glance

Posts Tagged ‘Gaza Strip’

Hamas Doesn’t Discriminate by Age or Gender

Sunday, August 23rd, 2015

If there’s one you can’t accuse Hamas of, it’s discrimination.

Whether your a female, or a child, or a female child, Hamas is happy to dress you up in uniform and give you a rifle.

The photo is from a “military” parade on August 21, marking the first anniversary of the killing of Hamas’s terror commanders Mohammed Abu Shammala and Raed al-Attar, in Rafah, southern Gaza Strip.

Egypt Re-Imposes Blockade on Gaza Crossing

Sunday, August 23rd, 2015

Egypt again has shut down the crossing at the city of Rafah, which straddles the border between Gaza and the northern Sinai, after having re-opened it four days for emergency cases.

Egyptian officials said they prevented nearly 150 Arabs from leaving Gaza for the Sinai on Friday. The crossing has been closed since last October, except for brief periods, as part of the al-Sisi regime’s campaign against Hamas.

Israel also has restricted passage, primarily to bar three Be’er Sheba area-based sisters of Hamas’ de facto Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh from attending their nephew’s wedding because Hamas continues to hold two Israelis as captives.

One of them is a Bedouin from the northern Negev city of Hura, and the second man is Avera Mengistu, who has a mental condition and crossed the security fence in Gaza last year.

Israel has not commented on the Bedouin, but he reportedly has had previous contact with Gaza Arabs and may be involved in crime.


IAF Retaliates Against Gaza Terror Rocket Fire

Saturday, August 8th, 2015

IAF fighter pilots retaliated against Gaza terrorists who attacked southern Israel late Friday.

Military jets scored “a direct hit” against the intended target, the IDF said.

“Israeli air force aircraft attacked the Hamas terror organization’s infrastructure in central Gaza a short time ago,” announced the IDF Spokesperson’s Unit late Friday night.

“The attack was carried out in response to the rocket fire aimed at Israeli territory earlier in the afternoon,” said the IDF statement. “Hamas is the entity responsible for actions that emanate from Gaza.”

On Friday afternoon, Gaza terrorists launched at least two rockets and a mortar shell at southern Israel. One of the projectiles exploded in an open area in the Eshkol Regional Council district, about half a mile from the southern border with Gaza near Kissufim. The other projectiles apparently landed within Gaza.

The Code Red incoming rocket alert sirens were not activated in southern Israel, thus giving local residents no warning of the impending attack.

No property damage and no physical injuries were reported in Israel. It is not clear whether there were any injuries or damage in Gaza.

Security sources believe a Salafi terrorist group was responsible for the attack. Nevertheless, Israel holds Hamas responsible for any activity emanating from Gaza inasmuch as Hamas is in complete administrative and military control of the enclave.

Hamas to Hang ‘Collaborator’ who Helped Israel

Thursday, August 6th, 2015

Hamas is becoming more democratic. Instead of carrying out a summary street execution of criminals” who help Israel, this time the terrorist organization let its courts sentence a “collaborator” to death.

If the sentence is carried out, it will be the second execution that Hamas courts have approved this year, not counting several public killings carried out by the terrorist organization. Last year, a Hamas firing squad shot and killed six people in public, in front of a Gaza City mosque.

The latest victim was identified as “A.S.,” but no details of his collaboration were released.

Palestinian Authority law allows the death penalty for three types of crimes: drug trafficking, murder and helping the “Zionist enemy,” including selling property to a Jews.

Gaza informants help the IDF fight the Hamas terrorist regime and have been invaluable by tipping off authorities on planned terrorist attacks and locations of missile launchers.

IDF Shoots to Scare Gaza Arabs Away from Security Fence

Monday, August 3rd, 2015

Israeli soldiers deployed at the Gaza security fence shot over the heads of Arabs who had approached the no-go zone Monday, Palestinian Authority media reported. No one was injured.

Arabs frequently approached the security fence, usually with intentions to infiltrate into Israel or to carry out a terrorist attack on the spot.

Palestinian Authority media usually report that Arabs at the fence are “playing soccer “or looking for metal.”

Netanyahu Promises 804 Homes for “Settlers’ – 3 Years after Previous Pledge

Wednesday, July 29th, 2015

Question: How can 300+300=300?

Answer: When the numbers refer to homes promised by Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu for Jews in Beit El, located in Samaria and north of Jerusalem.

The Prime Minister came out with a new math book by giving his approval for the “immediate” construction of 300 new homes for Jews in Beit El and 504 units in Jerusalem neighborhoods that the Obama administration and the United Nations considered illegal “occupied” by Israel.

These are the same residential unties that the Prime Minister three years ago promised would be built.

Next math question: How can 300+0=600?

Answer: When foreign media report that Israel has given the second approval for the same 300 homes.

Given the bureaucracy involved before the bulldozers get to work, come back in another three years and we’ll see how many times they have been approved, giving the impression that we are talking about 1,200 or even 2,400 homes and apartments for Beit El.

Prime Minister Netanyahu’s announcement on the same day the High Court ordered the demolition of a housing project under construction in Beit El is far from coincidental.

The right-wing is up in arms over the decision  that nullifies government approval, based on the argument that it was granted after the project began without permits.

There are plenty of precedents for approving  construction “after the fact,” but they usually don’t apply in Judea and Samaria, unless the homes are being built by Arabs.

The Palestinian Authority, as expected, condemned Netanyahu’s’ announcement, and the U.S. State Dept. will do the same, in more diplomatic terms, when it will be asked about the “new” project by reporters.

Israel never will get a fair shake in foreign media when it comes to building for Jews.

The French AFP news agency wrote as “facts” on Wednesday:

They [settlements] are seen as further complicating peace negotiations aimed at leading to an independent Palestinian state. Talks have been stalled since last year.

The two buildings being demolished in Beit El were reportedly on private Palestinian land that was seized by the army in the 1970s…

Israel seized the West Bank in the 1967 Six-Day War and nearly 400,000 Jewish settlers currently live there.

The news agency should have just as “factually” reported that Palestinian Authority refusal to acknowledge Israel as a Jewish state further complicates peace negotiations.

AFP also should have written that there is no proof that the two buildings that now have been demolished are on “private Palestinian land.”

And its statement that “Israel seized the West Bank in the 1967 Six-Day War” is totally warped.

The Jordanian Foreign Legion fled Judea and Samaria like jackrabbits in the war, leaving the land in Israel’s hands.\

News agencies also could add in their reports Jordan occupied Judea and Samaria for 19 years, and  “occupation” is the correct word since there was no U.N. mandate for Jordan to take control of the entire region.

They could note that Jordan denied  Jews and Christians to holy sites in “East Jerusalem.”

They also could tell their readers that after 19 years of benign neglect by Jordan – and even worse neglect of Gaza by Egypt – the Arab economy and society flourished under the Israeli “occupation,” until the intifada wrecked everything.

But they won’t report any of that. They simply cannot do so because most foreign journalists work under the assumption that Israel is wrong, if for no other reason than the United States and the European Union say it is wrong.

New Arab Claim on Susiya: History Begins When Arabs Settled

Monday, July 27th, 2015

Arabs have raised a new claim on “Arab Susiya,” located in the southern Hebron Hills, based on an alleged 1881 document from the time of the Ottoman Empire.

The tiny area of Susiya, as The JewishPress.com reported here last week, has become a critical case that could determine the future of the Palestinian Authority and Israel. The IDF has issued orders to destroy several European Union and leftist-funded tents and structures on “Arab Susiya.” If the Palestinian Authority wins an appeal against the orders, it would pave the way for Arabs to dig up claims on every inch of land in Israel.

Israel aerial photos and academic researcher have refuted previous claims that Arabs lived on Susiya in recent years, Haaretz reported on Sunday that an Arab lawyer has dug up an Ottoman-Empire-era document in the Defense Ministry’s Civil Administration, that the “Jabri” family had a deed for “land near Susiya” in 1881.

Even if the claim were valid, it does not mean that Arabs can build without permits, but it would allow them to use the land for agriculture.

Haaretz noted that previous deeds from a century ago are problematic because they do not clearly define land boundaries.

The claim of a document from 1881 is strange because the Jabri family was one of the heads of the city of Hebron, 12 miles away by road. Susiya was not exactly Boardwalk on the Hebron land board; it was not even on the board at all.

The southern Hebron Hills is a barren mountain desert area. A family in Hebron would have no apparent reason to buy or lease land in Susiya.

But if the deed really is true, it exposes the Palestinian Authority as claiming that history begins only when Arabs settle land.

If Arabs wants to start digging into history before the re-establishment of the State of Israel in 1948, then all recorded documents have to be honored.

For example, using 1881 as a starting point, there are dozens of recorded land purchases by Jews of land in such places as Gaza, Gush Etzion and the Silwan Valley in “eastern Jerusalem.”

If Arabs want to use historical land deeds as a basis for claims, and since they accept the Five Books of Moses as a prelude to the Prophet Mohammed, then there is no argument that Abraham bought the Patriarchs’ Cave in Hebron, King David, Jacob (Yaakov) bought Shechem (Nablus) and King David bought Jerusalem.

Islam began in the 7th century, hundreds of years after Jews settled the country.

The Palestinian Authority wants it both ways. If it can find a document that Arabs paid taxes on land or even owned it, it claims that is proof the land is theirs.

If they don’t have a deed, they claim it is their “ancient homeland.”

Their meaning of “ancient” is when Arabs first appears on the scene.

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/new-arab-claim-on-susiya-history-begins-when-arabs-settled/2015/07/27/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: