web analytics
February 1, 2015 / 12 Shevat, 5775
 
At a Glance

Posts Tagged ‘Hamas’

US Strongly Backs Israel over ICC Move to Probe Israel for War Crimes

Saturday, January 17th, 2015

The U.S. State Dept. has strongly attacked the International Criminal Court (ICC) for opening a probe of alleged Israeli war comes and left open the question whether the ICC even has the a right to conduct a probe of last year’s war with Hamas.

The State Dept. called the ICC announcement a “tragic irony,” a statement that was further bolstered by praise for the ICC decision by Hamas, which may find itself under the ICC microscope.

Jeff Rathke, director of the State Dept. press office, stated:

We strongly disagree with the ICC Prosecutor’s action today. As we have said repeatedly, we do not believe that Palestine is a state and therefore we do not believe that it is eligible to join the ICC. It is a tragic irony that Israel, which has withstood thousands of terrorist rockets fired at its civilians and its neighborhoods, is now being scrutinized by the ICC.

He told reporters at Friday’s daily press briefing:

We don’t think that the Palestinians have established a state, and we don’t think they’re eligible to join the International Criminal Court. I would highlight that many other countries share this view.

In answer to a question whether the ICC is conducting “an illegitimate preliminary examination,” Rathke responded, ” I’m not going to characterize it.,” and he declined to say one way or the other if the United States will appeal to the ICC to drop the preliminary examination.

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu spoke with Sec. of State John Kerry Friday and asked him to intervene against the ICC on behalf of Israel

Hamas was thrilled by the ICC decision and declared on Saturday, “We are ready to provide (the court) with thousands of reports and documents that confirm the Zionist enemy has committed horrible crimes against Gaza and against our people.”

“Tragic irony” is an excellent definition of the ICC decision, which is even more astonishing since it apparently follows a complaint by the Palestinian Authority, which will not be a member of the ICC until April 1.

Technically, the ICC is off the hook of overreaching its authority.

The “Rome Statute” concerning war crimes states that non-members cannot ask for an investigation of war crimes.

The ICC got around this restriction by stating it is “examining” whether an investigation should be conducted, and it obviously cannot make a decision until April 1.

But how can the ICC examine alleged war crimes dating back to last year, when the Palestinian Authority did not even apply for ICC membership.

PA chairman Mahmoud Abbas presented documents to the ICC giving it authority to act retroactively.

The ICC stated it will open its examination on alleged Israeli war crimes in last summers’ war with “full independence and impartiality.”

If so, it will have a hard time ignoring Hamas war crimes, which Israel documented day by day in the war, having learned to do so after the United Nations’ scathing Goldstone Report that barely mentioned Hamas’ war crimes in the three-week Operation Cast Lead counter-terrorist campaign in late December 2008 and early January 2009.

Prime Minister Netanyahu said that the ICC announcement of a preliminary examination as based on an “outrageous request” by the Palestinian Authority.

US Consulate Training and Arming Arabs for Judea and Samaria Guard Details

Wednesday, January 14th, 2015

The US Consulate in Jerusalem is training Jerusalem Arabs as armed security guards to escort American diplomats in Judea and Samaria, according to reports in Yediot Achronot and Arutz-7.

The report states that 7 Israeli guards were recently fired and 3 more Israeli guards quit in protest, following the appointment of the Consulate’s new security officer, Dan Cronin, and his new policies.

Cronin is reportedly hiring 35 Arab guards and sending them for training in Jericho and the US.

According to some of the former Israeli guards, a number of the Arab guards already hired have previously been arrested for stone throwing attacks and have relatives with terror records.

The former guards also describe a secret arsenal in the US Consulate, consisting of machine guns, rifles and shotguns — all without permission or coordination with Israel.

On January 4, JewishPress.com reported on an incident where US Consulate security guards allegedly pulled out a gun and an M-16, pointing their weapons at Israelis near the community of Adei Ad. The US denied they pulled out any weapons on Israeli citizens during their surveillance mission.

There has been an inordinate amount of coordination between anti-Israel activist groups and US Consulate officials as of late.

In 2010, it was revealed that the US Consulate in Jerusalem had hired the son of Hamas leader to manage their motor pool. The position gave him access to US Consulate vehicles and visiting VIPs. The employee’s brother was an advisor to a senior Hamas official in Jerusalem.

The former US Consulate employee had been arrested a number of times by Israel, previous to his being hired by the US Consulate in 2003, and was part of an Israeli 2007 investigation into Hamas activities in Jerusalem. The consulate fired him from his sensitive position in 2006 when it couldn’t ignore his Hamas connections.

Palestinian Top Terror Music Video of the Week: A Satirical Commentary

Wednesday, January 14th, 2015

Hamas does it again with its Top Hits of All Time, and this week it’s a smashing music video from that Top Terror organization heating up all the beating hearts in Gaza.

The group’s Islamic Block at Al Quds University has just produced a special quick flick showing all the fans out there exactly how to murder Jews. It’s a musical enactment of the murder of two praying Jews, wearing their prayer shawls.

<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/zNSsb1O9FfA” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>

The first praying man up is clearly no match for the heroic Hamas fighting men of radical Islam, with one who approaches with stealth and vigor, swiftly stabbing him to death over and over before slinking away and vanishing.

Our second contender is seen absorbed in his prayers, standing tall – but again, no match for the overwhelming forces of the fearless fighters of Hamas, who dance over to the praying Jew in a special choreographed movement, surrounding him completely and emptying their assault rifle clips into his body. He falls to the floor, his lifeblood leaving his body after the masked heroes of Hamas “open fire, [and] have no mercy.”

Overcome with gratitude to Allah for having merited the honor to murder two Jews, the entire terror squad – oops, I mean, Resistance Battalion – drops to its knees and bows their heads reverently in prayer.

It’s a top-of-the-charts video, folks. “Islamic Block (Hamas) of Al-Quds University”

(Translation courtesy of the Palestinian Media Watch organization) and you can catch it on Facebook (Jan. 12, 2015) on the page of the Islamic Block (Hamas.)

Lyrics:

Load your machine gun and advance, son of proud Jerusalem

Gird yourself with flames and capture the soldiers

Open fire, have no mercy, shoot the Zionists!

Advance with your men, O keffiyeh-masked one!

The land of the Night Journey [Jerusalem] is our [first] direction of prayer

Its liberation is our goal

Palestinian, lead the attack and raise our flag.”

Ed. Note: PMW has documented that the Palestinian Authority led by PA Chairman Mahmoud Abbas and the entity’s leading Fatah faction, also led by Abbas, have publicly glorified the murderers who recently slaughtered four rabbis – three U.S.-Israel dual citizens and one UK-Israel dual citizen – in a Jerusalem synagogue. Hamas is a partner with Fatah in the PA unity government. An advisor to Abbas himself posted on his own Facebook page “pictures from the scene of the heroic operation,” showing the bloodied, badly mutilated dead bodies of the Jewish martyrs. Decades-long incitement through carefully cultivated media campaigns such as these have created the monsters who are no longer able to even envision a world in which peace is a possibility, let alone a need.

Cairo Razing Rafah to Create Gaza Buffer

Friday, January 9th, 2015

This is the Tale of Two Cities: Old Rafah, and New Rafah – that is, the Egyptian half of the Gaza city that currently straddles the border with Egypt, and the one soon to be on the drawing boards of /Egyptian engineers.

North Sinai District Governor Abd al-Fattah Harour told journalists at a news briefing Wednesday that Egypt has decided to raze Rafah to the ground – at least, the part that exists on Egypt’s side of the border.

“A new Rafah city is being established with residential zones appropriate to the nature and traditions of the residents of Rafah,” Harour said, according to the Ma’an news agency.

He confirmed that engineering units have already been authorized to begin work on the project.

Egypt is currently evacuating some 2,044 families from 1,220 homes located on a stretch of land along the border with Gaza. The families are to be compensated for the loss of their homes and also will receive additional funds with which to rent new accommodations until they can find new places to live.

The evacuation is being carried out in preparation for creation of a wider buffer zone between Egypt and Gaza. Original plans a year ago called for a buffer of 500 meters; the current buffer zone is to measure at least a kilometer wide.

However, this latest development has come about because the existence of the city of Rafah still constitutes a military weak point for Egypt vis a vis Gaza and Hamas, as it does for Israel.

Rafah is also the sole international crossing which is not under Israel’s control and which remains vulnerable to seizure by international terrorists. (In Jordan, the sole crossing with Iraq was shut down last year after the Iraq side was seized by terrorists from the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS). European monitors in Rafah who were supposed to remain at the site to “keep the peace” and maintain its neutrality abandoned their posts at the first sign of danger years ago.

On January 23, 2008 Hamas blew a hole in the security barrier built in 2003 near the Rafah crossing, destroying a significant part of the wall. The United Nations estimated that as many as 750,000 Gazans flooded through that hole into Egypt from that day forward until the breach was repaired, 11 days later. Many came to shop for food and supplies, but several thousand were also wanted terrorists; Israel Police raised the alert in the Jewish State knowing it was likely these “shoppers” were also purchasing “supplies.”

Gaza’s ruling Hamas terrorist organization was spawned by Egypt’s outlawed Muslim Brotherhood organization. The group has sparked endless anti-government attacks in Egypt, and developed alliances with other groups, leading to further problems.

During the recent brief reign of President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi’s predecessor, Muslim Brotherhood-backed President Mohammed Morsi and his Islamist-majority parliament, Sinai became saturated with radical Islamist terrorists.

Terror groups such as the Al Qaeda-linked Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis, which recently swore allegiance to ISIS, grew there exponentially. Hamas, Palestinian Islamic Jihad, Hezbollah and Al Qaeda-linked Army of Islam Salafis also planted bases in Sinai as well.

In particular, Hamas honeycombed the area under the border in Rafah with tunnels which they used for smuggling military supplies and luxury items into Gaza – and terrorists out, in to Sinai and elsewhere.

It is this activity the Cairo government is determined to end. Egypt’s security personnel have destroyed hundreds of terrorist tunnels over the past 18 months, but they are often rebuilt when Hamas obtains new supplies.

As international aid organizations bring concrete and other building materials into the enclave to “help” the poverty stricken Palestinian Authority residents rebuild their homes, Hamas confiscates the items to reconstruct their terror tunnel network. It’s an expensive project: each tunnel costs hundreds of thousands of dollars to build.

Is Hamas Setting Up HQ in Turkey After Qatari Expulsion?

Tuesday, January 6th, 2015

Is the Hamas terrorist organization about to set up a new international headquarters in Turkey?

Top Hamas terror officials denied a flurry of media reports Monday that the group’s political bureau chief, Khaled Mashaal, was expelled by long-time patron, Qatar.

At the same time, Israel’s foreign ministry issued a statement welcoming those same reports.

Hamas sources told CNN earlier in the day that members of the Muslim Brotherhood, which spawned the terrorist organization, had also been expelled.

All were now on their way to Turkey together with Mashaal, according to the report.

However, Qatar-based senior Hamas official Izzat Risheq denied the report, and the Qatari government declined to comment.

Historically, Qatar has been a long-time supporter of both the Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas.

However, political alliances are everything in the Middle East, and Egypt’s star is on the rise. Cairo’s increasingly popular military-backed President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi deposed his Muslim Brotherhood-backed predecessor. Sisi followed the coup by offering to include the Brotherhood in his new government, but when that peace offering resulted in fresh violence, he outlawed the group.

During the Egyptian-brokered negotiations for a cease-fire between Israel and Hamas last summer, numerous players were peripherally involved. Hamas was heavily guided by Qatar, which welcomed the Mashaal and his followers when they fled their Damascus headquarters at the start of the Syrian civil war. Also involved in guiding Hamas wasTurkey, another passionate supporter of the Muslim Brotherhood.

But both Saudi Arabia and Jordan opposed any direct participation by those nations in the talks, as did Egypt, the United States and Israel herself.

Qatar has also recently come under pressure from the international community to halt its role as a center of service for terrorist groups and other radical Islamist organizations in the Middle East.

Communications via envoys between Qatar and Saudi Arabia have resulted in a quiet understanding that Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood must seek a new home for its headquarters “abroad.”

On December 27, Mashaal attended a congress of Turkey’s ruling Justice and Development Party, where he praised the nation’s Islamist leaders and said he hoped to “liberate Palestine” with Turkey.

Last week, Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah fell ill with pneumonia; it remains to be seen whether, and if so, how the monarch’s weakened state may affect Qatar’s decisions and actions in the coming days.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Court Sends Mastermind of Murderers of 3 Yeshiva Teens to Jail for Life

Tuesday, January 6th, 2015

A military court Tuesday handed down a sentence of three life terms in prison for the Hamas mastermind terrorist who planned and helped carry out the kidnapping and murders of three yeshiva students last summer.

Three life sentences make it less likely that the terrorist, Hussam Hassan Kawasame, will be eligible for parole, but that does not mean Israelis can feel safe that he will be behind bars for life.

A life sentence in Israel does not really mean spending one’s life in prison, unless you are Yigal Amir, who is in jail, where he should stay forever, for the assassination of Prime Minister Yitzchak Rabin. Most “lifers” win parole or, if they are terrorists, like Samir Kuntar, usually are freed.

Kuntar is from Lebanon and  is considered of having carried out one of the most brutal terrorist attacks in 1979 when he murdered a father in front if his 4-year-old daughter and then killer by smashing her skull against  beach rocks.

He was sentenced to life but released in 2008 as part of a deal for the Ehud Goldwasser and Eldad Regev, in return of the bodies of two Israel reservists, who were kidnapped and murdered by Hezbollah terrorists in 2006.

Kawasame, the Hamas terrorist sentenced on Tuesday, was behind the kidnap-murders of Naftali Fraenkel, Gil-Ad Shaer and Eyal Yifrah in June. He pocketed $75,000 given to him by his superiors in Gaza to buy weapons for his co-terrorists.

The death sentenced in legal in Israel but never has been carried out, except in the case of Nazi war criminal Adolf Eichmann.

Kawasame did not testify at the sentencing, but the IDF prosecutor told the court that the terrorist had said that the yeshiva boys were not human beings and could be killed because they were Jews.

The other two terrorists who participated in the kidnap-murders were killed in a clash with the IDF last September.

The mastermind, who is considered to be human, is alive.

KIA Soldier’s Helmet and Combat Vest Presented to Family

Monday, January 5th, 2015

The IDF senior manpower division officer, General Toplonsky visited the family of fallen IDF soldier Oron Shaul yesterday. On board the fateful Golani APC which ran over an anti-tank mine this past summer in Gaza during the IDF Protective Edge operation, Oron’s body was not recovered.

From Wikipedia: “The claim that an Israeli soldier had been captured, “touched off celebrations among Palestinians in both Gaza and the West Bank, according to The Independent, which ran photos of Palestinians cheering in the streets of Ramallah. According to the New York Times, “Celebrations immediately broke out in Gaza and the West Bank.”

“Hamas television celebrated the purported kidnapping with a victory mocking the grief of Shaul’s family and celebrating the alleged hostage-taking in song: “We’ve taken a second Shalit, a young, blond-haired boy.”

Channel 1 and Maariv reported that the IDF wanted to curtail a public protest from the family that their son’s body has not been returned (which would raise the price that Hamas is demanding for the body)…so the IDF yesterday presented Oron’s helmet and combat vest to the family which were used by the IDF Chief Rabbi to determine that Oron was in fact killed and not taken hostage alive, as Hamas claimed.

May the family of Oron Shaul know no more pain, and may the fallen IDF soldier’s memory be a blessing.

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/blogs/muqata/kia-soldiers-helmet-and-combat-vest-presented-to-family/2015/01/05/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: