web analytics
December 9, 2016 / 9 Kislev, 5777

Posts Tagged ‘Hassan Nasrallah’

Syrian Rebels: Badreddine’s Assassination Hezbollah Inside Job

Sunday, May 15th, 2016

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights rejected Hezbollah’s accusation that the assassination of its prominent commander Mustafa Badreddine in Damascus airport had been carried out by “takfiri” (accusers of infidelity) rebel groups. The pan-Arab daily Asharq al-Awsat on Sunday cited several Syrian opposition members who speculated that Badreddine’s death was an “inside job that reflects the conflict between the Iranian and Russian forces in Damascus.”

Mustafa Badreddine was a military leader of Hezbollah and both the cousin and brother-in-law of Imad Mugniyah, a senior member of Lebanon’s Islamic Jihad Organization and Hezbollah who was killed in 2008 by a car bomb blast around in Damascus. Until 1982, Badreddine, like Mugniyeh, was part of the PLO Force 17. Later they both joined Hezbollah. Mughniyeh was implicated in the 1990s bombing of the Jewish center in Argentina, and was the architect of Hezbollah’s guerrilla defense in its 2006 war with Israel. Badreddine became military commander in Hezbollah in 2008 after his brother-in-law’s death.

In June 2011 Badreddine was indicted for charges related to the assassination of former Lebanese prime minister Rafiq Hariri by the Special Tribunal for Lebanon. The accusations against him and three other Hezbollah members were based on mobile phone evidence. Hezbollah chief Hasan Nasrallah threatened the members of the tribunal, and Badreddine and the others fled to Iran. The Special Tribune decided to try Badreddine in absentia, but is yet to get around to doing it.

It is possible that Badreddine was taken out by his own people for sheer incompetence. He led Hezbollah’s forces in Syria, fighting on the side of the Assad government, alongside Hezbollah’s patron, Iran. The Hezbollah contingency in Syria has suffered severe casualties, with an estimated 1,000 dead being shipped back to Lebanon in coffins, among them Jihad Mughniyeh, Imad’s son.

At Badreddine’s funeral last week, Nasrallah said: “they would soon announce conclusions about the perpetrators.”

Asharq al-Awsat said the rebel factions were camped some 7 miles away from Damascus airport and did not have the capabilities to kill Badreddine.

JNi.Media

Hezbollah Backs Away from Blaming Israel For Death of Senior Commander

Sunday, May 15th, 2016

The Hezbollah terrorist organization has backed away from blaming Israel for the assassination last week of its senior commander — possibly its Number Two — Mustafa Badreddine in Damascus.

His death was announced Friday on the group’s Al Manar channel by Hezbollah, although it is believed he may have been killed as early as last Tuesday. It is not clear who killed Badreddine.

Hezbollah said in an announcement Saturday on Al Manar the explosion “which targeted one of our positions near the Damascus International Airport and led to the martyrdom of Sayyed Zulfikar, the marty leader’s nom de guerre, was caused by an artillery bombardment carried out by Takfiri groups stationed in the region. The group had said in a statement early Friday that a huge blast hit one of the “resistance centers” near Damascus airport.

Badreddine — also known as Badr A-Din — had replaced his brother-in-law Imad Mughniyeh (Moughniyah), who was killed in Damascus in 2008 by a car bomb, for which the Mossad was blamed. Badreddine, 55, was in charge of all Hezbollah military operations inside Syria, and before that was involved in planning attacks against Israel. He was also blamed by the United Nations for the murder of Lebanon’s former prime minister, Rafik al-Hariri, in 2005.

““The outcome of the investigation will only increase our determination and will to continue the fight against these criminal gangs and deal them a mighty blow so that we fulfil the martyr’s wishes and advices to his Mujahideen brothers,” the statement by Nasrallah continued.

“In all cases, it is a single battle against the American-Zionist project in the region, which terrorist Takfiris represent its spearhead thus practicing its aggression over the Ummah (nation) and its resistance, Mujahideen, sanctuaries and its free, honest peoples.”

Iran has been taking great pains to console its proxy terror group Hezbollah over the loss of its senior commander.

Likewise, Hezbollah is working hard to minimize attention to the forces behind the assassination. Despite the initial hue and cry that pointed the finger of blame at Israel, the follow up in Hezbollah-linked media clearly toned down the speculation and accusations.

Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif sent a message of condolence Friday to Nasrallah over the assassination. In the message, he wrote that Badreddine’s martyrdom would “further strengthen resistance forces against the Zionist enemy and terrorism.”

The Speaker of Iran’s Majlis (parliament), Ali Larijani, also sent condolences, saying Badreddine’s martyrdom would “further inspire resistance against the Zionist regime.” Larijani added in his message to Nasrallah that it would “strengthen the will of the Jihadi forces against the Zionist regime.”

The head of Lebanon’s ‘Free Patriotic Movement,’ General Michel Aoun also phoned Nasrallah with condolences over the loss of his senior commander.

Hana Levi Julian

ISIS, Hezbollah Apps and Videos to Indoctrinate Children

Saturday, May 14th, 2016

Both Da’esh (ISIS) and Hezbollah are tapping into the cyber industry as a means of ensuring the next generation is indoctrinated into its philosophies from the youngest possible age.

Da’esh released a new mobile app via the ‘Telegram’ chat system that is designed to teach very young children the alphabet in Arabic.

Simultaneously, the app indoctrinates the youngsters with terrorist ideology. Festooned with bright, cheery colors, happy graphics and packed with educational content, the app uses song to facilitate easy rote memorization.

ISIS propaganda app for young children to learn the Arabic alphabet.

ISIS propaganda app for young children to learn the Arabic alphabet.

The objects with which the letters are learned, however, are anything but childish. For example, the letter “Ba” is used with “Bunduqiya” – meaning “rifle” — according to a post on the blog of the New York-based Anti-Defamation League (ADL).

The Lebanon-based Hezbollah terrorist organization is doing the same thing, according to the ADL. Hezbollah has created several online video games for children, allegedly “to strengthen the culture of resistance.” Among the games are “Special Forces,” and “Special Forces II,” which feature events from the terror group’s 2006 war with Israel. Other more recent, updated games are called “Invaders Graveyard,” “In the Heart of the Enemy” and “House of Spider.”

A 2013 review of the Hezbollah video games for 11 year olds, written by a professional gaming site called “Hardcore Gaming 101″ exists on the internet, and can be accessed by clicking here.   The reviewer rates the video game on its technical merits and lack thereof, and points out that the game is only available by making a phone call, and via a purchase – which would thus count as financial support to Hezbollah.

In addition, last month the Al Manar media arm of Hezbollah launched a new iPhone app called “Trust News.” Al Manar is now listed by the United States as a “specially designated global terrorist entity,” as is Hezbollah itself. The app streams the Al Manar live television broadcasts and social media platforms, as well as the latest speeches by Iranian-backed Hezbollah leader Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah, who stays safely tucked away in a hidden underground bunker.

ADL said it has notified Apple about the source of the new app, which does not reveal its connection to Al Manar or Hezbollah.

Hana Levi Julian

Very Senior Hezbollah Terrorist Killed in Alleged Israeli Air Strike

Friday, May 13th, 2016

Mustafa Badr A-Din (Mustafa Badreddine), age 55, a very senior military leader in the military wing of the Hezbollah terrorist organization, and possibly even the number two man under Hassan Nasrallah, was assassinated in Syria.

He had replaced his brother-in-law Imad Mughniyeh (Moughniyah) who was killed in Damascus in 2008 by a car bomb, for which the Mossad was blamed.

Badr A-Din was in charge of all Hezbollah military operations inside Syria, and before that was involved in planning attacks against Israel.

Badreddine was also blamed by the UN for the murder of Lebanon’s former prime minister Rafik al-Hariri in 2005.

One Hezbollah website and some Lebanese TV stations has blamed Israel for the death of Mustafa Badr A-Din, claiming he was assassinated in an Israeli air strike. But other Hezbollah social media sources say they are still investigating the cause of death.

He apparently killed on Tuesday, May 10th, but Hezbollah only announced it on Friday.

Mustafa Badr A-Din’s assassination is a major blow to Hezbollah.

Hezbollah is a terrorist group funded by Iran and operating in Lebanon.

They have a political stranglehold over Lebanon from which they launch attacks against Israel. They are also heavily embedded in the war in Syria, acting on behalf of their Iranian patron. They’ve lost an estimated 1400 fighters in the Syrian civil war, which may be as much as a third of their fighting force.

Shalom Bear

Hezbollah Chief Nasrallah Rules Out War With Israel, For Now

Tuesday, March 22nd, 2016

Hezbollah terrorist chief Hassan Nasrallah ruled out a war with Israel, at least imminently, in an interview Monday on al-Mayadeen television.

“I rule out an Israeli attack or war against Lebanon in the near future,” he said.

“Through its readiness, expertise, military skills and stance, the resistance has made the Israelis realize that any war on Lebanon will be very costly,” he warned. Hezbollah possesses a “full list of targets in occupied Palestine, including nuclear reactors and biological research centers.

“Some think that Hezbollah is preoccupied in Syria, but we have a team that is dedicated to the Israeli issue and everything the Israelis say,” he said.

“If anyone in the enemy’s entity is thinking of waging a limited military operation, I tell them that they are mistaken … We will not allow the Israelis to impose a new equation and any step by them will be an uncalculated adventure. We will respond to any attack in a manner that protects our country and the Israelis must expect anything from us,” Nasrallah warned.

However, he added, Israel “weighs its interest and seeks U.S. approval” for any military venture it might consider.

Nasrallah added that Hezbollah would not withdraw from Syria in the near future. “Our presence there is linked to a goal. We are contributing to preventing the fall of Syria into the hands of Da’esh (ISIS), al-Nusra (Al Qaeda) and the takfiri groups,” he said.

The Hezbollah chief also denied claims the group armed, trained or formed any terrorist cells in Bahrain. “All accusations against Hezbollah are baseless and if the Arab League’s decision was based on this issue then it is invalid,” he said. “I call on the Arab foreign and interior ministers to reevaluate these accusations.”

Hana Levi Julian

IDF Heightens Alert, Installs Barriers at Northern Border

Tuesday, December 29th, 2015

The IDF has begun to install concrete barriers at strategic points along Route 889, the road the runs along Israel’s border with Lebanon, as an additional protection from cross-border terrorist activity for the area’s residents.

Over the past several months the military has also added a “smart” security fence and other measures. Israeli farmers around Metullah have been warned not to work their fields near the border.

The IDF has also beefed up forces in the area in response to a direct threat by Hezbollah terrorist chief Hassan Nasrallah, who threatened Israel in a speech this week.

The measures were part of a heightened alert following air strikes on Hezbollah positions and last week’s assassination of the terror group’s commander in the Syrian Golan Heights, Lebanese Druze child killer Samir Kuntar.

Although the Free Syrian Army opposition force claimed responsibility for the assassination it is still largely believed that Israeli fighter jets carried out the strike against Kuntar. Israel, however, has said nothing in response to the claims.

Nasrallah said in his speech during a ceremony marking a week after Kuntar’s death, “The response for the assassination of al-Kuntar is coming, there’s no doubt.

“The Israelis have a reason to be worried, in the border area and outside it (ed. – abroad). The scary statements we’ve heard (ed. – from Israel) in the past few days won’t help… Look at the border from Rosh HaNikra to the Israeli position in the occupied Golan. Where are the enemy soldiers? Are they not like rats, hiding in their lairs?”

The so-called “scary statements” referred to by Nasrallah were conveyed to the terrorist leader by a third party over the weekend, according to the Kuwaiti newspaper Al-Qabas. “Israel will unleash a massive and merciless attack on Lebanon if Hezbollah retaliates for the assassination of Samir Kuntar,” European diplomats reportedly told Nasrallah. The warning followed a threat by the terrorist leader to avenge Kuntar’s death.

Those threats were again answered – this time directly – by IDF Chief of Staff Lt.-Gen. Eizenkot during his own speech at a ceremony Tuesday establishing a new IDF Commando Brigade.

“You don’t need to have a wide understanding of intelligence or strategy to understand the sensitivity of this period,” Eizenkot said.

“You look to the north and see the boastful statements (of Nasrallah) and the wind blowing in from Lebanon.

“You see the threats last night by Da’esh (ISIS) and the wave of security escalations we’ve been contending with in the past few months in [Judea and Samaria] and the threats from the south.

“These make the capabilities we see here more necessary than ever. The IDF Commando Brigade will be a front line protector and a marker of the IDF’s abilities and spirit,” he said.

Hana Levi Julian

Worse for Wear in Syria, Hezbollah’s Nasrallah Sets Sights on ‘Liberating Al-Aqsa’

Monday, October 19th, 2015

(JNi.media) Weary from several frustrating years of an endless war against the Sunni rebels in Syria, and recovering from the recent loss of some of his top military leaders, Hezbollah leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah obviously found comfort on Sunday in the carnage that had erupted in Israel this month.

Speaking from the safety of his south Beirut bunker Sunday, following the death of the death of leading Hezbollah commander in Syria Hassan Hussein al-Hajj, Nasrallah said, “Our people feel safe because of [al-Hajj] and the Resistance together with the Lebanese army. I would like to assure everyone that the Resistance has had great leaders for many years.”

Al-Hajj was killed on October 10, fighting in northwest Syria where Hezbollah fighters have been supporting the beleaguered regime of Bashar Assad. Al-Sharq al-Awsat reported that Hezbollah has lost well over a thousand fighters in Syria, and thousands of wounded fighters have returned to their families in Lebanon, unavailable for service for the time being. The international Arabic newspaper headquartered in London reported the growing casualties and the expansion of Hezbollah’s involvement in the fighting have led to a crisis in the organization, whose ranks have been dropping.

On Sunday, Lebanese Justice Minister Ashraf Rifi declared that Hezbollah had been dealt a “major blow” in the latest political confrontation over promotions and appointments in the Lebanese army, which had been paralyzing the Lebanese cabinet for months. It appears that Nasrallah’s once feared group is losing its clout everywhere.

Aware of these thorny problems, Nasrallah on Sunday shifted his focus from the grim news in Syria and at home, to the “exciting” news from south of the border. He pointed out that two enemies of his Shiite group, the Zionists and the radical Sunni rebels in Syria, want to destroy “our peoples and our societies.”

“We will continue to battle the Zionist project in the region and we will continue to fight alongside the Palestinians,” Nasrallah vowed. “There will be no future for the Zionist entity in the presence of the axis of the Resistance.

Apparently rejoicing in the “martyrdom” of a growing number of Arabs in Israel and the PA, Nasrallah hailed what he sees as “an opportunity through a new generation in Palestine to liberate Al-Aqsa Mosque.”

“Whoever has talked of a Palestinian weariness, and said that the Palestinians are tired, now got a new generation, armed with a knife,” he continued. “Hezbollah will continue to stand by the Palestinian people and support the Intifada as best we can.”

Emphasis on “as best we can.”

JNi.Media

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/worse-for-wear-in-syria-hezbollahs-nasrallah-sets-sights-on-liberating-al-aqsa/2015/10/19/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: